Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:25:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR Fan Access - CANCELLED
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR Fan Access - CANCELLED  (Read 5410 times)
loosecannon3
Headliner

Calgary Flames Rule!!!

« on: November 16, 2009, 03:52:34 PM »

Edited to add:

Update from the GN'R Facebook page:

Canadian VIP packages
There's been a miscommunication between us and I Love Access regarding the VIP packages for the Canadian tour. Just sit tight while we work it out.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, there will not be an Ultimate fan package on the Guns N? Roses tour in January 2010.

You have two options:

Option 1: Keep your Toronto general admission ticket(s) only. We will refund the difference between the ticket price ($87.32 USD, at today?s exchange rate) and the package price ($207.68 USD per package), to the credit card used to make your purchase. Your ticket will be available at the box office on the day of the show. There is no priority access.

Option 2: Choose a full refund and cancel your order entirely. We will refund your order to the credit card used to make your purchase.

Please note it may take 5-10 business days to credit to your account.

Please let us know your preference by Friday November 20th, 2009 at 5pm Pacific time via e-mail to info@iloveallaccess.com, or simply reply to this e-mail.  If we do not hear from you by this time, we will process option 1 for you.

Please include your order ID number and attendee name on the order when you reply.

YOUR I LOVE ALL ACCESS TEAM

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 11:31:42 PM by jarmo » Logged
RickDunsford
Rocker

www.twitter.com/rickdunsford

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 03:55:32 PM »

just got my email. Man this is some bullshit too. Now i gotta wait in the freezing cold for hours now! Fuck!!!!!!!!

www.gunsnroses.com/users/rickdunsford

01-24-10 Hamilton
01-25-10 London
11-02-11 Atlanta
11-12-11 Kansas City
12-04-11 Nashville
02-19-12 Chicago
03-01-12 Atlanta
11-23-12 Vegas
11-24-12 V
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 05:27:01 PM »

I am not surprized that this happened. Don't worry it can be  a lot of fun hanging outside sometimes. Make the best of it.  beer

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
axl32rose
Rocker

Heading to 3 GNR Shows in 2010.

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 06:08:32 PM »

What about us guys who are attending shows in February, in Moncton and Halifax.  I guess these will be cancelled as well i take..
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 06:44:07 PM »

wonder why they cancelled? they could at least give a reason..

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
charl!edontsurf
Rocker

Axl doesn't surf either...

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 06:52:14 PM »

There is always a fifty percent chance Guns N Roses events will be cancelled.

I'm not surprised. I predicted this in the other thread. There was simply no reason for Axl to have this as he had previously stated his disdain for them. 300 dollars for a keychain. With that said, I was really looking forward to it.

They should have honored the tickets though, short and simple. People from the States/Europe are coming into Canada just for that reason. Honor the 5-10 people who bought it at each show and have Frank and Ron or whoever come by and say hello. Done deal. Move on. I bought the package for the city I live in, because incase this was to fall through, it wasn't a big deal. I can't say the same for lots of the other hardcore fans.

You'd think after a year after dropping the record that you'd be able to have things like these ironed out. GnR seems to have the least proactive management in the history of music.

VAN: 11-7-2002 (RIOT!)
TACOMA: 11-8-2002
LONDON: 6-7-2006
DUBLIN: 6-9-2006
PARIS: 6-20-2006
ZURICH: 7-1-2006
CGY: 12-6-2006
EDM: 12-7-2006
CGY: 1-16-2010
EDM: 1-17-2010
SEA: 12-16-2011
VAN:
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 08:27:39 PM »

just got my email. Man this is some bullshit too. Now i gotta wait in the freezing cold for hours now! Fuck!!!!!!!!

Hey man, a big part of the GNR concert experience is the pre-concert get-togethers.  A few drinks will definitely keep ya warm, trust me.  Wink

btw, didn't the whole concept of "GNR Fan Access" sound fucking weird?  If I'm not mistaken, Axl has commented before on these promotions...and it wasn't favorable.  My gut would tell me the promoters went with it before conferring with the band.  Just a guess.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 08:31:34 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, Axl has commented before on these promotions...and it wasn't favorable. 

He was talking about bands charging money for meet & greets.

This was a VIP package.

There was no "meet GN'R" in that package.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Moonlight J
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 08:45:34 PM »

Well, I've been pretty pissed about this, so I'm actually quite pleased. The idea of freezing my rear off to get a good floor spot, while the "V.I.P" crew is inside stealing what the hardcore fans waiting in line rightfully earned, is a visit to bullshitty city. Thanks, Mr. Rose. It is appriciated.  beer
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 08:50:19 PM »

Well... First Cancellation..

I DON'T Believe That Reason...

Not New In GNR World.

rofl

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 09:52:54 PM »

There is always a fifty percent chance Guns N Roses events will be cancelled.

I'm not surprised. I predicted this in the other thread. There was simply no reason for Axl to have this as he had previously stated his disdain for them. 300 dollars for a keychain. With that said, I was really looking forward to it.

They should have honored the tickets though, short and simple. People from the States/Europe are coming into Canada just for that reason. Honor the 5-10 people who bought it at each show and have Frank and Ron or whoever come by and say hello. Done deal. Move on. I bought the package for the city I live in, because incase this was to fall through, it wasn't a big deal. I can't say the same for lots of the other hardcore fans.

You'd think after a year after dropping the record that you'd be able to have things like these ironed out. GnR seems to have the least proactive management in the history of music.

Saying there is a 50 percent chance they will cancel is harsh and unrealistic.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 10:16:07 PM »

Well, I've been pretty pissed about this, so I'm actually quite pleased. The idea of freezing my rear off to get a good floor spot, while the "V.I.P" crew is inside stealing what the hardcore fans waiting in line rightfully earned, is a visit to bullshitty city. Thanks, Mr. Rose. It is appriciated.  beer

I think most ofl the VIP tickets sold were to"hardcore" fans. Do you think a non "hardcore" fan would shell out the extra money?
Moonlight J
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 11:25:05 PM »

Sorry, Natural Light, you misunderstood. I never implied that those who dished out the extra 200 buckaroos weren't hardcore fans, just that it's kinda lame for a small amount of hardcore fans to be able to buy their way in, while the rest go "Popsicle" outside. That said, I do empathize with the folks that were successful in making the purchase before they pulled the offer. Condolences.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 11:29:43 PM »

From the GN'R Facebook:

Canadian VIP packages
There's been a miscommunication between us and I Love Access regarding the VIP packages for the Canadian tour. Just sit tight while we work it out.

There you go.

No need to start worrying or start some kind of conspiracy theories about it.

They're working on it!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 11:34:54 PM »

From the GN'R Facebook:

Canadian VIP packages

There you go.

They're working on it!

/jarmo

Extern Problem, Thakz J.

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 12:04:00 AM »

very interested to hear the verdict on this.....

NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 12:10:44 AM »

Sorry, Natural Light, you misunderstood. I never implied that those who dished out the extra 200 buckaroos weren't hardcore fans, just that it's kinda lame for a small amount of hardcore fans to be able to buy their way in, while the rest go "Popsicle" outside. That said, I do empathize with the folks that were successful in making the purchase before they pulled the offer. Condolences.

Hey that's cool. I'm with ya. ok
cineater
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2009, 12:15:34 AM »

"go popsicle"  hihi  Come on you're Canadians, you can do it!

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2009, 09:54:34 AM »

From the GN'R Facebook:

Canadian VIP packages

There you go.

They're working on it!

/jarmo

Oh cool! That's really cool of them to offer that. I like that there's some hope of something like this coming back. While I'll barely be able to afford seeing a Canadian show, I'm really hoping I can do something like this (if and when) a US leg happens.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Moonlight J
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2009, 10:00:25 AM »

Man, this whole thing is very bizarre. Honestly, I just wanted the opportunity to purchase one. It wouldn't be so bad if they had just sold out of them, but All Access informed me via phone that they were told to take the offer down.

Then we have Fernando telling us it's on, and also a poster saying All Access told him it'd be honored, while they're telling me I made the right choice in buying my floor ticket instead of waiting for the offer to go back up, and that the two possibilities were: 1. The offer would go back up, or 2. The whole thing, including the ones successfully purchased would be pulled.

So now it seems that option 2 was an error, so I'm hoping option 1 is a legitimate truth. I hope for my Canadian trek to be as fun and hassle free as possible, and the package, though pricey (thanks Visa), would be a helpful tool toward that goal. The only thing better would be a weather control machine, but those are even harder to purchase than these passes.  hihi
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: