Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:34:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  G N' R - Rehearsal Last Night...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: G N' R - Rehearsal Last Night...  (Read 17314 times)
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2009, 12:31:14 AM »

I agree...lots of fans seem to love this one live

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2009, 03:31:33 AM »

concerning rehearsals, this was posted at gnrevolution, originally from link below at Metal Sludge:

Well without giving away the FULL set (I promised Del!) Ummm they did a complete run through of about 17-18 songs for about a week..Lots of visuals that complement each track..pyro, spots,etc nice lighting truss design plus a fucking bad ass Reworking of a theme song that leads into "Live & Let Die" written by Richard Fortus. Overall well done.

I loved Shacklers Revenge,Better,Prostitute & Rocket Queen live.
FYI:That middle ramp/riser has AXL's grand piano under it for quick access.

http://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?p=4429740#p4429740

drool

Regarding this post on Metal Sludge:

Hello and FOR THE RECORD....

Feel I must clear the air a bit because of all the GNR Boards including this one discussing the rehearsals that cut & pasted my comments from Sludge on the heels of the initial one. I made the mistake of putting a positive spin replying to a post there about how great I thought the band sounded the night I saw them. I am NOT a "spy"or a reporter nor did I intend for my post(s) to provide some official "sneak peek"of whats to come..couldnt be further from the truth, but I see that it came off that way.

I was a guest who was given great hospitality by the GNR camp. Nothing more. Nothing less.

A few things I stated were inaccurate anyway so please know that my brief "review" shouldnt be taken as 100% gospel in the first place. Its rehearsal for a reason. Things change.

I look forward to seeing GNR kick ass live like the next person so please decide for yourselves especially those who'll get to see them next month and in the new year.

Thank you for reading.

djwill

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/2009/11/update.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2009, 01:00:29 PM »

concerning rehearsals, this was posted at gnrevolution, originally from link below at Metal Sludge:

Well without giving away the FULL set (I promised Del!) Ummm they did a complete run through of about 17-18 songs for about a week..Lots of visuals that complement each track..pyro, spots,etc nice lighting truss design plus a fucking bad ass Reworking of a theme song that leads into "Live & Let Die" written by Richard Fortus. Overall well done.

I loved Shacklers Revenge,Better,Prostitute & Rocket Queen live.
FYI:That middle ramp/riser has AXL's grand piano under it for quick access.

http://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?p=4429740#p4429740

drool

Regarding this post on Metal Sludge:

Hello and FOR THE RECORD....

Feel I must clear the air a bit because of all the GNR Boards including this one discussing the rehearsals that cut & pasted my comments from Sludge on the heels of the initial one. I made the mistake of putting a positive spin replying to a post there about how great I thought the band sounded the night I saw them. I am NOT a "spy"or a reporter nor did I intend for my post(s) to provide some official "sneak peek"of whats to come..couldnt be further from the truth, but I see that it came off that way.

I was a guest who was given great hospitality by the GNR camp. Nothing more. Nothing less.

A few things I stated were inaccurate anyway so please know that my brief "review" shouldnt be taken as 100% gospel in the first place. Its rehearsal for a reason. Things change.

I look forward to seeing GNR kick ass live like the next person so please decide for yourselves especially those who'll get to see them next month and in the new year.

Thank you for reading.

djwill

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/2009/11/update.html

too late broh! lol
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2009, 01:17:29 PM »

too late broh! lol

Apparently the post was made by KNAC's DJ Will.  I think he's just trying to set the record straight.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2009, 01:26:56 PM »

As usual... Things get taken out of context and twisted around.

Somebody who was invited to a rehearsal is suddenly labeled a "spy"....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2009, 01:54:58 PM »

I like too much Live And Let Die in live shows, people jump a lot and it's very exciting, with pyro efects. In Madrid this song was amazing  drool

I'm happy that they will play this song again.

And I hope they'll play You Could Be Mine too  drool

I know, it's a very short song.  People think if they ditch LALD, they'll start playing Coma or something instead.   Roll Eyes

Or, they just don't like the cover song. I've seen them live a few times and it's the one song that doesn't do anything for me. I'd much rather hear songs that haven't been played live a lot - Civil War or Yesterdays.
I doubt this version of GnR would ever play Coma live.
Not trying to be rude here, but why the snide comment from you about this?

Because it's obvious that this song will never be ditched from the setlist.  The band doesn't have to cater for the couple thousand DIEHARD FORUM GEEK fans scattered around the world who want to see a different setlist.  The band will play songs that people know, and that song is great fun to play for the band and the fans enjoy everything that goes with the song.  It's high energy, has lots of pyro which meathead rock fans enjoy, and features killer Axl screams.  And like I said, it doesn't take a lot of time to play. 

I'll draw a picture for you if you still don't get it.
Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2009, 09:20:50 AM »

I'm interested as to how this fellow was invited to rehearsals. Huh

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2009, 09:41:17 AM »

Only a guess on my part but he's probably a close friend of someone in the band or GNR camp.

Just like that young man (sorry I don't remember his name) who is a friend of Ron's that was invited to jam with some of the guys in the band.  If I'm not mistaken, I believe this guy is now playing in Baz's band (I think it's mentioned in the Baz's thread in Bad Obsession).

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2009, 09:44:41 AM »

Only a guess on my part but he's probably a close friend of someone in the band or GNR camp.

Just like that young man (sorry I don't remember his name) who is a friend of Ron's that was invited to jam with some of the guys in the band.  If I'm not mistaken, I believe this guy is now playing in Baz's band (I think it's mentioned in the Baz's thread in Bad Obsession).

I've asked him, but I doubt he'll be able to say.

Yes that's correct, Nick Sterling is his name.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2009, 04:24:01 PM »

How do people get invited places?

Think about yourself. Do you get invited to go places? There's your answer.

He just got invited to see a GN'R rehearsal instead of something ordinary.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2009, 04:49:43 PM »

How do people get invited places?

Think about yourself. Do you get invited to go places? There's your answer.

He just got invited to see a GN'R rehearsal instead of something ordinary.

/jarmo

I'm not interested in the invitation but the reason behind it. I'm interested as to who this "DJ Will" is, as in is he a friend of Guns N' Roses or is he involved in the media. This doesn't facinate you much, because you're used to invitations from Guns N' Roses and it's surrounders, I'm not.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2009, 05:28:49 PM »

lolzwhat?

I'm not interested in the invitation but the reason behind it.

as a simple fan i'd be more interested in the invitation than who cares why.  Tongue
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2009, 05:33:58 PM »

I got that and I tried to make you think about your own life and how you get invited to things.

It's probably not any weirder in this case. Except the invitation was for a GN'R rehearsal.

The reason I'm not "fascinated" by this guy getting invited to a rehearsal like you, is because I'm assuming that he's friends with somebody and that friend invited him over.

Just like you might get invited places by your friends.

That's common sense to me. Very fascinating stuff indeed....

/jarmo

Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2009, 06:01:40 PM »

I got that and I tried to make you think about your own life and how you get invited to things.

It's probably not any weirder in this case. Except the invitation was for a GN'R rehearsal.

The reason I'm not "fascinated" by this guy getting invited to a rehearsal like you, is because I'm assuming that he's friends with somebody and that friend invited him over.

/jarmo

That could well be the case, but would certain music reporters not be invited as well? I'm just interested as to what his involvement or association with Guns N' Roses is.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2009, 06:13:57 PM »

That could well be the case, but would certain music reporters not be invited as well? I'm just interested as to what his involvement or association with Guns N' Roses is.

I guess the whole friend aspect just went past you without making any kind of impact.

/jarmo

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2009, 06:33:35 PM »

we all get invited some times to things beyond our looks...
that's all Jarmo tried to say.
Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #96 on: November 22, 2009, 07:30:10 PM »

I guess the whole friend aspect just went past you without making any kind of impact.

/jarmo

It didn't.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2009, 07:32:42 PM »

Ok. So you understand that he's possibly a friend of somebody there and you still wonder why he was invited?

I can't help you with that one. Sorry....

/jarmo

Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2009, 07:39:16 PM »

Ok. So you understand that he's possibly a friend of somebody there and you still wonder why he was invited?

I can't help you with that one. Sorry....

/jarmo

I understand that but I also understand that he could be part of the media who have been invited to attend the rehearsals.

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2009, 10:24:18 PM »

/jarmo

The problem is some people forget they do have a life outside of the computer in front of them. lol
And yes it is always fascinating watching people try and get more info then need be.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: