Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:27:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  tour plans for the immediate future?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: tour plans for the immediate future?  (Read 5021 times)
brazil66
Rocker

« on: November 10, 2009, 06:47:20 PM »

After Canada. we are expecting GNR to tour Central or South America. Which markets can GNR go to. eg Countries, cities. Where have GNR travelled and played in the past to as they have not been there for a  long time? Personally I would like them what they are doing in Canada and hit many places rather than the pitstop visit of Asia. What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 06:56:57 PM by jarmo » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 06:57:33 PM »

I'd love for them to tour the US so I can go see them with relative ease.  But overall I just hope they continue touring, somewhere, anywhere.  I'm sure they'll get to the US eventually.  There's been rumors of Europe too, they haven't done a full scale European tour in awhile right?  That would be good.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 06:58:20 PM »

They should play Scotland. Edinburgh preferably.

Who's with me?? Cheesy

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 09:17:00 PM »

they haven't done a full scale European tour in awhile right? 

Summer 2006.  Cool

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
brazil66
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 09:34:51 PM »

where could they potentially play in S. America?
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 10:05:23 PM »

- at least two stadium shows in brazil (i really think GNR can play a lot more dates there)
potential places IMO: rio (joao havelange, maracana) porto alegre (Jos? Pinheiro Borba, universitario), sao paulo (dos eucaliptus, morumbi)

- at least one stadium show in argentina (i really think GNR can sellout the River Plate Stadium in a matter of 2 or 3 days)
potential places IMO: River Plate Stadium (60.000)

- one ''medium sized'' show in Chile (where stadium shows are forbidden by the president)
potential places IMO: Movistar Arena (15.000)

- one show at Colombia, Peru and Venezuela.
potential places IMO: campin de bogota (48.000), estadio san marcos (43.000), poliedro de caracas (13.000)

That makes a total of 7 shows (minimum)

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 10:22:05 PM »

they haven't done a full scale European tour in awhile right? 

Summer 2006.  Cool

/jarmo
How quickly I forget?  Was that full scale though?  I gotta check that out.

I guess it was pretty extensive.  They never got to play South Africa though, right?  That's one country they could hit. 

IF they do hit South America, I'd hope for them to hit the states shortly afterward.  The shows in South America no doubt will kick ass and could drum up some serious interest for the band stateside.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 10:33:13 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 10:30:40 PM »

- at least two stadium shows in brazil (i really think GNR can play a lot more dates there)
potential places IMO: rio (joao havelange, maracana) porto alegre (Jos? Pinheiro Borba, universitario), sao paulo (dos eucaliptus, morumbi)

I hope they at least play Rio. Rio has the best crowds in the world. Nobody else comes close to the Brazilians in terms of rocking out and having a good time.
It should be pro-shot of course Smiley

Fuck 'Em All.
brazil66
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 11:15:12 PM »

This could be interesting, add three shows in Mexico, we could see GNR doing 27 shows by the end Febuary/mid March. I think Gnr could sell out one other show in Chile and play more dates in other cities in Brazil. This could leave Gnr to return to Europe in May for the summer of festivals including staduims/arenas. In 2006 they played like 30 shows.

I would play some dates in between S.America and Europe in key places in the States to build momentum and interest for GNR to return before xmas in Nov and Dec and play mixed size venues from arenas to theatres. After new year I believe South America would welcome GNR back since  they played their last in 2001 and that was just Brazil. Finish off on a high in Oz and New Zealand as these shows went down well with the promotors in 2007. We could see this tour going in excess of 100 shows and potentially well over a year.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 04:51:35 AM »

They never got to play South Africa though, right?  That's one country they could hit. 

yeah, those shows got cancelled when Tommy got injured.
they can and should most definitely hit that area.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Insider
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 07:53:23 AM »

- one ''medium sized'' show in Chile (where stadium shows are forbidden by the president)
potential places IMO: Movistar Arena (15.000)

Depeche Mode played in Club Hipico (+35.000), Metallica also will play in January in Club Hipico. the shows in stadium are not forbidden, nowadays "Estadio Nacional" is under reconstruction, after it finishes its first stage it will be able to host concerts again

P.S: Jonas Brothers played too at Club hipico but... WHO cares??

"... Just shut up and sing ...''
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 07:55:54 AM »

So they found an alternative venue for the usual stadium in Santiago?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 08:15:48 AM »

Who's with me?? Cheesy

absolutely, and how about a nice small gig at the Picture House!  wonder if Axl will ever get the kilt out again...!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 11:15:42 AM »

Who's with me?? Cheesy

absolutely, and how about a nice small gig at the Picture House!  wonder if Axl will ever get the kilt out again...!

I never actually got to see them in Glasgow when they played there in 2006. Bought tickets for the show in Dublin, then the UK shows were announced. hihi

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Fizzy
Opening Act

I'm not an answer.

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 01:38:06 PM »

It would be nice if Guns n Roses would play in AMERICA!  smoking  peace
brazil66
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2009, 02:05:36 PM »

Gnr can make a lot of money from this tour and can still do two high profile visits to S.A in my opinion in the next year and still sell out. I think that S.A deserves this as GNR have not visited much. America can still be a success for GNR but in a different way. New York was a great way to relaunch the GNR in 2006. I watched the Baltimore . LA gigs on youtube and was amazing. I think with the right promoter and playing varied gigs from arenas to theatres is the way to go for them. Touring The US does not have to be a negative experience for GNR or just an add on.

It is great to see them sell out Madison Sq Garden but maybe playing smaller, up close and personal gigs for example in Cleveland could be a way to go. Iron Maiden can sell out San Paulo with 100.000 people but one of the best gigs was in front of 2000 people in Newcastle in the UK I went to.

I also liked the way GNR played in the UK in 2006 playing London in mixed venues at different venues from 200, 5000 to 12000 people and then playing Download. It makes a more varied experience for the fan and more interesting for the band to play. Maybe this approach to the US could be interesting and therefore reconnect to their old fan base and introduce new fans too. Just ideas...For me I am very interested now that the album is out how Axl and the boys will plan this tour more than ever.

I am expecting a long one over a period of 12-18 months, so that respective members can take breaks and have time with their families. There is also no excuse for them to cancel because there is no album to finish. With an open mind to mixed size venues and a compilation of music for over 20 years offers the fans a lot to celebrate. Now that Chinese has grown on me in different ways I cannot wait to see this band on the road in different venues and cities. The timing is perfect, no pressure, let the music do the talking.
Deb Rose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2009, 02:11:20 PM »

I hope they at least play Rio. Rio has the best crowds in the world. Nobody else comes close to the Brazilians in terms of rocking out and having a good time.
It should be pro-shot of course Smiley

Yeahhh \o/  At least 2 shows in Rio please *.*
And if they wanna come to Brasilia too, I won't complain  Grin

I've got an itchy finger
And there'll be hell to pay
I?m gonna pull the trigger
And blow them all away
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2009, 07:07:19 PM »

Soon young padawan
Fizzy
Opening Act

I'm not an answer.

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2009, 09:19:12 AM »

Soon young padawan

How do you know?  smoking
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2009, 09:35:44 AM »

The force told us! except you... wich he felt sorry for so.. your updated now.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: