Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 05:17:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What do you think are the 40 songs Ashba learned
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do you think are the 40 songs Ashba learned  (Read 4066 times)
NaturalLight
Rocker

« on: November 09, 2009, 12:40:21 PM »

DJ Ashba recently said he had to learn 40 songs (I believe) and I was trying to figure out what they were. I'm assuming that he's probably going to have to learn the songs GNR played in 06-07.  I'm going to try to compose a list (minus one time or two time covers like Sailing and snippets from Light My Fire). Then I figured he'd probably have to learn most of CD if not all. Here's what I can remember that they played. Feel free to add on (I'm also listing Perfect Crime, since it was on a set list someone took a photo of).

Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Sweet Child O' Mine, Better, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You Could Be Mine, The Blues,  Out Ta Get Me, November Rain, IRS, TWAT, Don't Cry, Madagascar, My Michelle, Patience, Nightrain, Rocket Queen, Used to Love Her, Down on the Farm, Paradise City, Chinese Democracy, Perfect Crime, You're Crazy.

That's 25. I'm sure I might be missing an obvious one. Of course in 01 they did OMG, Silkworms and Think About You, but I don't see them doing those again.

But adding another 6 or so from CD, that would bring the tally up to around 30. So, DJ must have learned at least 10 that we didn't hear on the last tour.

Sorry if a similar thread has been posted.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 12:43:32 PM »

DJ Ashba recently said he had to learn 40 songs (I believe) and I was trying to figure out what they were. I'm assuming that he's probably going to have to learn the songs GNR played in 06-07.  I'm going to try to compose a list (minus one time or two time covers like Sailing and snippets from Light My Fire). Then I figured he'd probably have to learn most of CD if not all. Here's what I can remember that they played. Feel free to add on (I'm also listing Perfect Crime, since it was on a set list someone took a photo of).

Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Sweet Child O' Mine, Better, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You Could Be Mine, The Blues,  Out Ta Get Me, November Rain, IRS, TWAT, Don't Cry, Madagascar, My Michelle, Patience, Nightrain, Rocket Queen, Used to Love Her, Down on the Farm, Paradise City, Chinese Democracy, Perfect Crime, You're Crazy.

That's 25. I'm sure I might be missing an obvious one. Of course in 01 they did OMG, Silkworms and Think About You, but I don't see them doing those again.

But adding another 6 or so from CD, that would bring the tally up to around 30. So, DJ must have learned at least 10 that we didn't hear on the last tour.

"Think About You" wasn't performed only in 2001. Was performed several times in 2006

NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 12:44:27 PM »

"Think About You" wasn't performed only in 2001. Was performed several times in 2006

Oh, I didn't realize. My bad.
tange
Opening Act

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 12:58:12 PM »

Every song off CD and the other stand bys.

I get the feeling we'll hear new material as well.
I think another album will be out by summer. At which point
they'll tour the states.  All merely my opinion.

"There was one song on that record that I didn't even know was on it until it came out, 'My World'," Stradlin continues. "I gave it a listen and thought, 'What the fuck is this?' "

-IZZY STRADLIN
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 01:13:43 PM »

I think he said about 40 songs.. here are my guess
14 from CD
1 (down on the farm) from TSI
4 (LALD, DC, Perfect crime, november rain) from UYI1
2 (KOHD, YCBM) from UYI2
3 (NB, patience, UTLH) from lies
11 from AFD (all except AG)

that's 35 songs
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 01:22:27 PM »

I would love for it to be all of Chinese and ANYTHING ELSE.

Having said that. Let's assume for arguments sake it's all of CD and AFD, that's 26 tracks right? So you have 50 left in the catalog between Lies, both Illusions and TSI.

If I'm not mistaken Nice Boys got played a few times in either 02 or 06 or both. So I would guess he learned Nice Boys, UTLH & Patience.

That leaves 11. I would hope they don't bother playing anything off of TSI (personal pref). And as far as the Illusions go, I'd assume they'll still be playing LALD, NR, YCBM, & KOHD (that's all from 02 and 06 right?) so that would leave 7.

Having said all of that, I'd honestly take anything left off of the Illusions except My World. I would could get all hopeful and wish for something like Breakdown, Locomotive or Bad Apples. But I would guess Civil War, Don't Cry and Estranged would get aired out before those.

But again, I'll take it all!
 beer

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 01:27:23 PM »

I forgot about Nice Boys, too.

CheapJohn I think you're right about the choices. Personally I don't care if they don't learn any new stuff. I'd like them to and I'm pretty sure they'll play a lot more from CD since they're promoting it, but if they play the same set list I'll just be happy to seem them. Still, it's fun to wonder. I'm guessing they'll throw in a few surprises as a treat, but probably stick with a similar set list throughout the tour. What it is, though, I guess, is still for us to figure out.
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 01:42:03 PM »

Actually it was.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5gtpCpIO1Q
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 01:45:45 PM »

Actually it was.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5gtpCpIO1Q

Naw, he was saying that it was performed in 01, as well as in 06.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 02:43:19 PM »

CheapJohn I think you're right about the choices. Personally I don't care if they don't learn any new stuff. I'd like them to and I'm pretty sure they'll play a lot more from CD since they're promoting it, but if they play the same set list I'll just be happy to seem them. Still, it's fun to wonder. I'm guessing they'll throw in a few surprises as a treat, but probably stick with a similar set list throughout the tour. What it is, though, I guess, is still for us to figure out.

Someone over at gnrevolution reminded me that they were playing Down On The Farm occasionally in 06 as well as the other newer covers (ex: Sailing, etc).

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 03:27:02 PM »

Someone over at gnrevolution reminded me that they were playing Down On The Farm occasionally in 06 as well as the other newer covers (ex: Sailing, etc).

I included Down on the Farm, but didn't include stuff like Sailing because it was a one or two time deal.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 03:38:45 PM »

I really hope they play Checkmate, or anything else off the upcoming album, whenever that is.
axljungle
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 03:50:16 PM »

I really hope they play Checkmate, or anything else off the upcoming album, whenever that is.

Totally agree  ok.
And the rest the songs that post CheapJon

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 06:12:10 PM »

14 from CD
2 (KOHD, YCBM) from UYI2

that's 35 songs
I'd have to agree with this list.  Seems most likely.  MAYBE a couple more UYI songs, but when DJ said 40 songs he was probably just estimating. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 12:10:28 AM »

Hey all,

40 songs is a hell of a lot of songs.  I remember the days when my band would have long practices and do 15 - 17 songs and it felt like we were playing forever. 

I agree that everything off CD is in play, and so it should be.  I hope they leave Silkworms off the rehearsal list, just too "different" for my taste.  Would love to hear an updated version of OMG, always thought that song had more potential and could do well live.

Though I'm with many of you in desire, I really doubt we'll hear anything that hasn't be heard before.  There are too many songs that haven't been received a live treatment yet for the band to be breaking out unreleased music.  In 2002 and 2006 it was a bit different in that they were still working towards releasing an album.  That's no longer the case.

I've always been a bigger Illusions fan so I'm really hoping that it receives its proper attention this time around.  Civil War, Estranged, Dead Horse, Perfect Crime, Don't Cry, Locomotive, Breakdown, Bad Obsession, You Ain't the First would be a real pleasure to hear live since I've never had the privilege.  After Estranged, my second choice would be Yesterdays.  I always thought the lyrics were quite prophetic to how Axl might feel now.

I noticed that Baz posted on Facebook yesterday notice for song requests for the upcoming tours.  If only...

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
RaspAxl
Rocker

우유빛깔액슬로즈

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 05:28:23 AM »

I guess..

AFD - all songs except Anything Goes (11)
Lies - Nice Boys, Patience, UTLH, You're Crazy (4)
UYI I - LALD, Don't Cry, Perfect Crime, DTJ, Nov. Rain (5)
UYI II - Civil War, Yesterdays, KOHD, Estranged, YCBM (5)
TSI - Down On The Farm (1)
CD - all songs (14)

and maybe some songs of the musician of the country they perform in. remind they played Sossego in Brazil and Endless Rain guitar solo in Japan.   
I hope they play some Korean song when they play here.

and here's the setlist I want :

01. Welcome To The Jungle
02. It's So Easy
03. Shackler's Revenge
04. Live And Let Die
05. Better
06. Sweet Child O' Mine
07. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
08. I.R.S.
09. Street Of Dreams
10. There Was A Time
11. Out Ta Get Me
12. November Rain
13. Scraped
14. Catcher In The Rye
15. Madagascar
16. You Could Be Mine
17. Prostitute
18. Chinese Democracy
19. Nightrain
20. Don't Cry
21. Paradise City

gimme some Rasp, Axl!!
http://blog.daum.net/raspaxl
w.david rose
Rocker

"I Believe In Israel"- W.AXL ROSE 13.06.06

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 09:27:48 AM »

01. JUNGLE
02. ITS SO EASY
03. BROWNSTONE
04. BETTER
05. SHACKLER
06. DOUBLE TALKIN JIVE
07. CIVIL WAR
08. TWAT
09. CHINESE DEMOCRACY
10. OUT TA GET ME
11. SCARPED
12. ROCKET QUEEN
13. STREET OF DREAMS
14. NOVEMBER RAIN
15. YOU COULD BE MINE
16. SORRY
17. NIGHTRAIN
18. PROSTITUTE
19. PATIENCE
20. ESTRANGED
21. THINK ABOUT YOU
22. DONT CRY
23. IRS
24. PARADISE CITY

the most sick fan in the middle east
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 09:29:32 AM »

I guess..

AFD - all songs except Anything Goes (11)
Lies - Nice Boys, Patience, UTLH, You're Crazy (4)
UYI I - LALD, Don't Cry, Perfect Crime, DTJ, Nov. Rain (5)
UYI II - Civil War, Yesterdays, KOHD, Estranged, YCBM (5)
TSI - Down On The Farm (1)
CD - all songs (14)

and maybe some songs of the musician of the country they perform in. remind they played Sossego in Brazil and Endless Rain guitar solo in Japan.   
I hope they play some Korean song when they play here.

and here's the setlist I want :

01. Welcome To The Jungle
02. It's So Easy
03. Shackler's Revenge
04. Live And Let Die
05. Better
06. Sweet Child O' Mine
07. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
08. I.R.S.
09. Street Of Dreams
10. There Was A Time
11. Out Ta Get Me
12. November Rain
13. Scraped
14. Catcher In The Rye
15. Madagascar
16. You Could Be Mine
17. Prostitute
18. Chinese Democracy
19. Nightrain
20. Don't Cry
21. Paradise City

Let's not turn this into a setlist discussion, there are MANY of them in the 'Dead Horse' section...

But I think that less than half (or about) of those songs will be used, GNR doesn't play 40 songs each night. Maybe a switch in the setlist would be cool? Alternating setlists each night would be nice.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 12:54:01 PM »

14 from CD
2 (KOHD, YCBM) from UYI2

that's 35 songs

More:

ESTRANGED, DEAD HORSE, CIVIL WAR, YESTERDAY & 14 YEARS.

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 12:56:53 PM »

14 YEARS.

How cool would it be to see Izzy on lead vocals in 2009 drool
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »