Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:16:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228481 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Rihanna Confirms Slash Will Guest on ?Rated R?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rihanna Confirms Slash Will Guest on ?Rated R?  (Read 6251 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: November 02, 2009, 04:18:41 PM »

Rihanna Confirms Slash, Will.i.am, Young Jeezy Guest on ?Rated R?

11/2/09, 3:24 pm EST

Rihanna has revealed the full track list for her upcoming album Rated R, out November 23rd. Will.i.am and Young Jeezy guest on the LP, along with Slash, who contributes guitar to the appropriately titled ?ROCKSTAR 101.? Fans who preorder Rated R ? starting midnight November 3rd, at the iTunes store ? will receive an instant download of the Ne-Yo-penned first single ?Russian Roulette.? The single will also go on sale tomorrow, and the singer?s RihannaNow website will debut her video for ?Wait Your Turn,? the leaked track that Rolling Stone reported on this morning.

Check out Rihanna?s most fierce looks.

The iTunes version of Rated R will also include director Anthony Mandler?s exclusive cut of the two videos he directed, ?Wait Your Turn? and ?Russian Roulette.? The ?Russian Roulette? video will make its official debut on November 13th on 20/20, a week after Rihanna first appears on 20/20 to tell her story for the first time since her February 8th altercation with Chris Brown. Rihanna is also scheduled to make appearances on the November 5th Good Morning America and on the November 9th episode of The Alexa Chung Show.

Judging by the track listing, and based on ?Russian Roulette,? Rated R finds Rihanna taking a darker, colder and more violent approach to the subject of love with song titles like ?Stupid in Love,? ?Cold Case Love? and ?Rude Boy.? The one song with a warm title ? other than sinister-sounding ?Fire Bomb? ? is ?Te Amo.?

Rated R

1. ?Mad House?
2. ?Wait Your Turn?
3. ?Hard? (featuring Young Jeezy)
4. ?Stupid In Love?
5. ?ROCKSTAR 101″ (featuring Slash)
6. ?Russian Roulette?
7. ?Fire Bomb?
8. ?Rude Boy?
9. ?Photographs? (featuring will.i.am)
10. ?G4L?
11. ?Te Amo?
12. ?Cold Case Love?
13. ?The Last Song?

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/11/02/rihanna-confirms-slash-will-i-am-young-jeezy-guest-on-rated-r/

- Got L.A. Reid coming to the studio with Slash today, to lay guitars on a new Rihanna song.

- Session with Slash for Rihanna went great (Producer BigChris Flores)

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 05:28:44 PM »

it's somewhat interesting all these pop stars/tarts all want to work w slash hihi

curious to see what the non-rock and fans of each respective singer (fergie/sherzinger/rhianna) feels about these collobarations
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 05:35:01 PM »

curious to see what the non-rock and fans of each respective singer (fergie/sherzinger/rhianna) feels about these collobarations

I was just reading these comments...not very positive so far.  Although I doubt there's many Rhianna fans here: 

SLASH Featured On New RIHANNA Album - Nov. 2, 2009 

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=129711

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 06:00:38 PM »

Fine with Rhianna

Don't like Fergie but as long as its rock and she doesn't have retarded lyrics, i can tolerate it

Nicole Scherzinger.. FUCK THAT

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 06:12:55 PM »

I was just reading these comments...not very positive so far.  Although I doubt there's many Rhianna fans here: 

SLASH Featured On New RIHANNA Album - Nov. 2, 2009 

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=129711

yeah, was referring to people that don't post on GnR boards or people that were just fans of rhianna or fergie/bep, or the pussycat dolls-more out of curiosity, not that i give a fuck
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 10:19:40 PM »

Rihanna's producer, BigChris Flores, is also producing Steven Adler's new album and has worked with Slash as well.  Small world.

makane
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 04:24:00 AM »

I hope all these cunts accidentally buy the QOTSA album.
Slash needs to buy more nails for his coffin.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 05:02:26 AM »

I'm actually really looking forward to this.  I wasn't a fan at all when Umbrella came out, but some of her other songs have been quite good.  I especially like the song she did with Jay-Z recently.  Should be quite cool.

But then, even if I didn't like the idea of this, it would be stupid of me to get pissed off about it.  a) Slash is a musician, therefore it's his job to play music - who he chooses to play it with is none of our business (at least he's not recording a new version of an old track with her), and b) Richard Fortus did an entire tour with Rihanna.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 09:21:45 AM »

The song is on youtube apparently.  Sounds alright but Slash is only on it for the first 15 seconds.  Way to utilize his talents!  The song screams for a solo somewhere in the middle.  Is this really the song though?  Doesn't have the feel of a song called "Rockstar 101".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMMObZ8iQU4

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 09:29:37 AM »

The song is on youtube apparently.  Sounds alright but Slash is only on it for the first 15 seconds.  Way to utilize his talents!  The song screams for a solo somewhere in the middle.  Is this really the song though?  Doesn't have the feel of a song called "Rockstar 101".

true.. it should at least be as "rocky" as shut up and drive, i'm actually saying this now.. i'm dissapointed in a rihanna song hihi
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 09:38:33 AM »

true.. it should at least be as "rocky" as shut up and drive, i'm actually saying this now.. i'm dissapointed in a rihanna song hihi
Yeah, I don't actually think it's a bad song.  Just not quite what I expected with Slash involved.  I don't get it.  What was the point of bringing him in for that?  Any studio guitarist could've played that 15 second intro.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 09:57:37 AM »

What was the point of bringing him in for that?  Any studio guitarist could've played that 15 second intro.

"any studio guitarist" wouldn't get as much attention as slash though. if the youtube thing is the real deal then he's on there to get people outside the normal target audience to listen to Rhianna's music.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 09:58:42 AM »

That song sounds pretty bad for me. I hope is a fake one: Slash needs to play solo in a song called "Rockstar 101"
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2009, 12:15:29 PM »

That was a huge waste of my time.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2009, 12:33:24 PM »

It's funny, when people think something is a waste of their time, they have the time to post about it, thus giving the thing that's wasting their time, even more time
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2009, 12:51:58 PM »

Not a bad song, but, doesn't sound like the title would suggest....  Hmmmm...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2009, 03:12:47 PM »

hahaha when all these popstars and rnb artists do songs called "rockstar", it makes me laugh.

html sucks
Slash2baz
Headliner

http://www.slashfrance.net

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 03:37:12 PM »

This is not "Rockstar 101" but the single "russian roulette", no Slash in that song. Wink

Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2009, 04:51:51 PM »

It's funny, when people think something is a waste of their time, they have the time to post about it, thus giving the thing that's wasting their time, even more time

Just a turn of phrase. And I hope that isnt the song because lets face it, that intro wasnt worth going down to a studio for. Just a waste of Slash's talent. Hopefully it isnt the song like above posters have said.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2009, 05:24:23 PM »

Apparently the song "Rockstar 101" is co-written by Britney Spears.  It's from Britney's "Blackout" sessions but didn't make the cut.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: