Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:20:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228481 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Rihanna Confirms Slash Will Guest on ?Rated R?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rihanna Confirms Slash Will Guest on ?Rated R?  (Read 6252 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2009, 05:49:03 PM »

Apparently the song "Rockstar 101" is co-written by Britney Spears.  It's from Britney's "Blackout" sessions but didn't make the cut.
That makes me laugh even more.

These type of artists need to die out.

html sucks
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2009, 09:14:28 PM »

Good News, Rhianna is Excelint Artist, thanks for Info... I Know...

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2009, 12:01:30 AM »

The song is on youtube apparently.  Sounds alright but Slash is only on it for the first 15 seconds.  Way to utilize his talents!  The song screams for a solo somewhere in the middle.  Is this really the song though?  Doesn't have the feel of a song called "Rockstar 101".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMMObZ8iQU4

This is not "Rockstar 101" but the single "russian roulette", no Slash in that song. Wink
Thanks.  That makes a lot more sense.  The song had no feeling whatsoever of the title "Rockstar 101".  Not a bad song though.  But seriously if Slash is only used for 15 seconds on any track, it's a waste.  So it makes sense this ISN'T the song.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2009, 12:08:02 AM »

hahaha when all these popstars and rnb artists do songs called "rockstar", it makes me laugh.

LOL
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2009, 12:33:06 AM »

I don't have a problem with the fact he's on the album.  I have a hard time of hearing Slash in the past  talk shit about axl's ballad songs and not wanting to do synth songs...  then he goes on does the same crap, he said he would never do.  What's next a duet with Larry GagGa on a rock version of poker face ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
The Weisenheimer
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2009, 04:09:27 PM »

I don't have a problem with the fact he's on the album.  I have a hard time of hearing Slash in the past  talk shit about axl's ballad songs and not wanting to do synth songs...  then he goes on does the same crap, he said he would never do.  What's next a duet with Larry GagGa on a rock version of poker face ?

first of all. that's right, he said it in the PAST. people change...

second, it's a whole different story if you're talking of your own band or if you're contributing to another artist's music. Slash always kept the ballads to a minimum if you take a look at Snakepit and VR.

so give us a break and stop the hate

heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for me and the entire human place love I love you all, but you're all fuckin' mad

You can say "You" to me!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2009, 08:55:20 AM »

since he left GnR, when has slash done a 9 minute ballad? but people enjoy holding slash to shit he said and did 15-20 years ago when the dude was in his 20's, drinking a 1.75 liter bottle of jack every day, shooting speedballs, and fucking every groupie in sight even though the dude is now in his early to mid 40's, married with 2 kids and pretty much sober. People fucking change as you grow older and views, opinions, and attitudes are not gonna be the same 15-20 years after the fact?

« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 08:57:01 AM by oldgunsfan » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: