Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:29:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Corey Taylor (SLIPKNOT) Confirms He Tried Out For Velvet Revolver
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Corey Taylor (SLIPKNOT) Confirms He Tried Out For Velvet Revolver  (Read 3001 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: October 30, 2009, 12:38:56 AM »

SLIPKNOT Frontman Confirms He Tried Out For VELVET REVOLVER - Oct. 30, 2009

SLIPKNOT frontman Corey Taylor has confirmed that he was being considered for the singer slot in VELVET REVOLVER following the departure of Scott Weiland. Speaking to Altitude TV (see video below), Taylor said, "I had a meeting with those guys , we did some demos together, and it just didn't work ? for whatever reason."

He added, "It was just really cool. It was one of those things where it's like I could have got to jam with legends, man, in my opinion. But, you know, it was cool, and I still know those guys, I still hang out with them, and I still have nothing but respect."

VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash was asked a few months ago by the webmaster of his official fan site if there was any truth to the rumor that Taylor was going to be the next VELVET REVOLVER singer. According to a posting on the site, Slash "said it looked like it for a minute, but they had decided against it."

In his SeattleWeekly.com column, VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan wrote about playing with Corey's solo band at a couple of festival shows this past summer. "You may know Corey as the lead singer from SLIPKNOT and STONE SOUR, but I know him as a guy who just likes to rock and have fun doing it," Duff said. "His band out-Loaded LOADED [Duff's other group] as they came on stage to the 'Magnum P.I.' theme song doing a choreographed dance, and then proceeded to play 'Let's Go Crazy' by PRINCE.

"They crushed it! The heavy-metal crowd was further bewildered when they saw their SLIPKNOT hero go from the theme song from 'Cheers' into 'Pig' by NINE INCH NAILS. It was absolutely superb.

"To me, when you can flat-out rock and also take the piss out of yourself... then you are doing something right."

Video of Corey Taylor talking about almost joining VELVET REVOLVER:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=129535

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 01:09:09 AM »

We must hear the demos!  Free the demos!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 03:48:01 AM »

i wish that had of worked out!

At least we know they're obviously still looking and some people have a lot of respect.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 05:02:24 AM by jacdaniel » Logged

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 06:27:48 AM »

At least we know they're obviously still looking and some people have a lot of respect.

Dude... that was months ago.  I don't think any looking has been happening for a while... though that doesn't mean they won't start again.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 07:08:50 AM »

Dude... that was months ago.  I don't think any looking has been happening for a while... though that doesn't mean they won't start again.

Yep, you're right.  id say they will be actively looking in about a years time.  Slash will tour his solo album and Duff will do whatever with Loaded.
VR is on the back burner but i don't believe there should even be a question about wheter they'll be back.
Kushner and Matt are probably searching and keeping in touch with Slash and Duff.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
+Rocker+
I want to hea... have Slash's baby
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 08:43:48 AM »

I will be seeing Loaded in a Week!!  ok

I love you Axl, but I'm also one of "those" Slash supporters haha...
www.rockinslashforum.com
Soon: www.rockin-slash.com
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 09:30:19 AM »

Damn Corey's a busy guy, and apparently not busy enough if he was even contemplating joining VR.  3 major bands?  That's insane!

I believe we haven't seen the last of VR, but there's always that slight possibility the guys are just happier doing their own things.  As long as that continues I don't think there's a rush to reform the band.  After all Slash said his time in VR was the worst 5 years of his life or whatever.  I realize most of that was due to Scott, but who's to say that won't happen again?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 09:39:12 AM »

After all Slash said his time in VR was the worst 5 years of his life or whatever.  I realize most of that was due to Scott, but who's to say that won't happen again?

Good points.
I still can't take that seriously though.  i think he was happy at least for the first 2 years anyways but what would i know.  hihi

I think Slash is a band guy though and he won't stay away from it for too long, even though a lot of shit comes with it.

Singers and musicians are different breathes and always will be, its about finding a balance.

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 01:04:05 PM »

We must hear the demos!  Free the demos!

i agree

TO YOUTUBE Cheesy

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 01:27:39 PM »

We really need to hear the demos!

When Scott first left I was gutted, but then Loaded released Sick and I can honestly say that right now I dont care about VR, I just want Duff to stay with Loaded for atleast a another couple of years
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 09:22:41 AM »

I would have loved to have seen this, I honestly think Slash has no interest in VR right now-I remember Gilby saying (actually during the Contraband tour) that he didn't think Slash was really into VR-I think it will be a while before anything happens-I would love to someday hear all the demos they recorded

libertad
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: