Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:26:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I wish GN'R would make live recordings of their shows available for purchase
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I wish GN'R would make live recordings of their shows available for purchase  (Read 11384 times)
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2009, 10:39:05 PM »

I got the mp3 from the Metallica show i went last month, GNR should do the same, it is awsome to hear the show u were.
Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2009, 12:04:48 AM »

I got the mp3 from the Metallica show i went last month, GNR should do the same, it is awsome to hear the show u were.
I 2nd that!!!

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2009, 03:43:06 AM »

as long as people/fans have the decision to buy or not to buy it seperately from the show ticket price.....it's nowhere near a rip-off!
you simply can decide yourself if you want to get it or not.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2009, 04:48:13 AM »

I'd buy some shows.  I'm not really so much a collector where i have to have everything, but i'm sure i'd be spending a good bit on GnR shows if they did this.  smoking
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2009, 04:59:18 AM »

Money spent at gigs these days has gotten ridiculous.

Although i would gladily pay for something like this.  And alcohol of course!  beer

its mainly the T shirts that i don't bother with.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2009, 01:07:34 PM »

If someone wants to find something to bitch about they can. I wouldn't buy every single show, but I'd def buy the one i was at.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2009, 01:42:10 PM »

that's an awesome idea, and also the band can actually make more profit this way.

i think it's a win win situation!

Chinese Democracy!
helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2009, 02:28:02 PM »

Outside of all the Kiss bashing thing (I don't mind them at all) this is a great idea. You have to admit Kiss, NIN, Metallica, they're all good at pleasing their fans. Good at making money too but that's a whole different discussion. I know Axl insists in saying he doesn't work for the fans, and I agree completely with him, but I was thinking: maybe if the GnR fans were stripped off of what they bitch and whine about so much (lack of band/fans interaction) they'd finally focus on the music and take time to understand what Ax'ls vision is. Just my two cents...

And the CONCEPT idea we're talking about here it's definitely not prostitution. These shows wouldn't be sold anywhere else. Just at the end of each concert and who didn't get it wouldn't find it at  the GnR store - because it's not meant for the profit. This idea would benefit the fans more than to give money to the band actually. Charging that much is optional. They could charge little for the DVD or whatever media, so no one would be complaining it's about making money. The point is, this is extremely advantageous for the fan. Specially for the one who can attend only one GnR concert each 10 years or so like us here in South America. I'd pay 100 bucks for a pro-shot DVD of the show I was at without regrets. It's not a rip-off IMO. It doesn't matter if it comes in blu-ray, DVD, stylized pen-drive thing. Whatever. I just wanna save forever that moment I saw GnR live and relive it whenever I want. I can't hold everything in my memory for as long as a digital media can. So:

- It's not selling out if they simply charge nearly the cost price of making it. It's not against the band's integrity in any way.
- It doesn't hurt the fans if not included in the ticket price - they buy the recording if they want to.
- It takes away nothing from the band. People will record anyway with their cameras and cell phones and it will all end up online right after the concert ends.
- But on the other hand bootleggers will lose their usefulness, which is great to the band in all aspects.
- It also makes cell phone and camera recordings pointless, so we'd see fewer of those annoying people with cameras in front of us blocking our concert view.
- Less people in the audience recording = more people enjoying the show.
- It does make the fans happier and they feel the band cares a lot more. This could mean some would finally start paying attention to Axl's words.
- And if GnR plans to have a live DVD from the tour released, it won't hurt its sales either. The live DVD should feature the best scenes, footage, audio, all edited and put together in a professional packaging, with extras like backstage randomness (while the instant concert recordings are just the show itself, plain, unedited and full of flaws).

But I'm hopeless... It seems talking about something that would be good for GnR its synonym of saying it won't happen. I just don't understand why!

Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2009, 02:48:34 PM »

In fact, this live recording idea will keep audio bootlegers out of the job... and it will increase the possibility that many ppl will bring their videocams to shot GNR and then make a author with the soundboard audio.

Hope that Axl and management will consider this idea as it is a great way to show their music (specially live music) to all those who hasn't heard anything about the new GN'R lineup, or maybe newbies.

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2009, 07:19:51 PM »

Quit whining about "Kiss bashing". The very first sentence you hear on Live Era is GN'R bashing Kiss... get used to it.

I'm open to ANY kind of additional media from GN'R that doesn't wind up with someone (MSL, etc.) going on trial. If Axl & co. manage to make a quick buck off of it, that's icing on the cake.

I'll spend $30 to be able to hear the concert I just went to over again. Why not?

You're splitting hairs over whether to do it the Reznor way or the metal establishment way. They're both improvements over the status quo.
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2009, 09:18:35 PM »

I hope to God that GN'R never takes anything KISS... bunch of self-promoting, greedy whores.

I do agree a DVD would be awesome... but KISS puts out a DVD every other week... and Metallica isn't too far behind either.

I would've like a DVD with Robin. Axl's voice was on-point in 2006.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2009, 03:40:04 PM »

I hope to God that GN'R never takes anything KISS... bunch of self-promoting, greedy whores.

I do agree a DVD would be awesome... but KISS puts out a DVD every other week... and Metallica isn't too far behind either.

So let me get this straight; providing a low cost, sound board recording to GNR fans that most of us would LOVE to have is a bad idea because Kiss and Metallica have done it?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2009, 11:29:14 PM »

KISS did not invent this a bunch of bands have being doing this for years.  My understanding that it is more popular in Europe then NA for whatever reason.   

As for others who have commented on the price.   While $30 bucks is not cheap it is my understanding most venues charge more if a live pro recording is done of the show and also take a cut of the merch sales.  Also while CD's and flash drives are cheap the labor and the equipment to record the live show is not that cheap nor should it be. 
Chief
Legend

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2009, 01:12:15 AM »

This is great hahaha, i am glad i read this thread.  i would never go see kiss.

by the way, love the bluray idea and i really hope it happens some day!

What a shocker. Kiss came up with a new thing for fans to spend there money on. 30 dollars is a complete fucking ripoff. I can get 20 gig thumbdrives for next to nothing through my job. They don't cost anything these days. Shit, Trent Reznor had thumbdrives of shit all over the county for Year Zero.

Now a personal tale. My woman and I went to the Halloween show of Kiss with the Smashing Pumpkins opening at Dodger Stadium. It was this 3D Circus of Freaks thing. Worst concert experience for me by a lightyear. The Pumpkins were great (and dressed like the Beatles which was fucking cool). The circus of freaks part was some real gay shit (not that there is anything wrong with being gay). The 3D was piss poor and a blurry mess. And there was trapeze people and shit. No fucking Freaks! What a jip. Then Kiss. Goddamn I just don't like them. I give them chance after chance and for shits sake I feel my dick actually shrinking while listening to them or seeing them. "We're so fucking badass looking like this and we are here to fucking ROCK!" Cue song... pussy shit. Next song... pussier then the last and so on and so on. I had this fool in fron of us turn around to me, and started yelling at me, "Get the fuck up motherfucker its FIREHOUSE!" I turned to my wife and for the first time I just uncontrollably started laughing. But the fun moment quickly disappeared with each and every pussy rock song from Kiss. To make matters even worse, Dodger Stadium RAN OUT OF BEER! Yea, you just read that right.

The ride home, the two of us got into the worst fight we have ever been in. I was so fucked up by seeing the shittiest concert ever, I went the wrong way and bam. We were one step away from going Chris Brown on each other. Kiss is no talent hacks in my opinion and Simmons gives me Douchechills every time I see him.

Axl, if you are reading this, whatever Kiss does, do the opposite.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2009, 03:03:12 AM »

An amazing idea.

I've seen gnr 3 times and I've been lucky enough to get boots of all 3 shows - but 2 of em are barely watchable.

It's a great feeling though to watch the concerts once in a while re-living the moment.

Gnr should consider this...

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2009, 05:28:51 AM »

I think Merck considered at one point in 2006, buy that obviously didnt happen.

IMHO, with HD camcorders tiny as hell, it will be nearly impossible to prevent people from bootleging tje show. So why not addopt the open cameras policy at least? Or even release live proshot videos in gnr.com like they kinda did in 2006 with those three videos from the Download Festival.

November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2009, 06:58:59 AM »

It would be cool if GNR sold some show/s on dvd. Atleast we would have a decent show instead of all the shitty quality shows we get from the internet.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
suntorytime
Rocker

Kiyoshiro Forever

« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2009, 08:42:36 AM »

And those unofficial bootlegs would've cost the fans that bought them more than 6.000 yen ($66) a copy.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2009, 10:29:18 AM »

You have to admit Kiss, NIN, Metallica, they're all good at pleasing their fans. Good at making money too but

There's an important difference between Kiss or Metallica and NIN. IMHO, what Kiss does is obscene.

Even though I might be the most in love with sbd recordings guy on earth, I really dont want GNR to be a 2,99 u$s store.

In fact, this live recording idea will keep audio bootlegers out of the job...

Do you actually think so? How?

The only people who still buys silver bootlegs are those sick-hardcore fans. No one else buys them anymore in the internet era. And that people will buy ANYTHING (look at prisby) pressed in a silver cd. And bootlegs company will still be making silver cds with these soundboards. In fact, more complete sbds, more bootlegs.

GNR should sporadically give a sbd recording to the fans for free, as a gift, and avoid converting itself into a cheap kermesse.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2009, 10:49:24 AM »

would they still buy those bootlegs when they can buy better quality recordings of the same shows directly from the band? and much cheaper at the price???
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: