Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:16:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I wish GN'R would make live recordings of their shows available for purchase
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I wish GN'R would make live recordings of their shows available for purchase  (Read 11341 times)
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 12:14:59 PM »

I hate Kiss, too.  But this is actually a pretty good idea.  I'd make it quite a bit cheaper, but I still like the idea.
NIN's open camera policy has also yielded some pretty awesome fan-submitted results.  Most notably the Lights In The Sky and Downward Spiral Live DVD's.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 12:17:39 PM »

If you want to talk about other bands, please do so in the right place.

Hint: This isn't it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2009, 12:18:36 PM »

If you want to talk about other bands, please do so in the right place.

Hint: This isn't it.

/jarmo

Not even if it's the context of cool ideas that GN'R can adopt?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2009, 12:21:13 PM »

I see posts that have very little to do with GN'R and more to do with how much people like/dislike other bands...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2009, 12:42:51 PM »

Simple way for gn'r to make money. Personally used Metallica's live recordings from the shows I attended at Wembley and Sheffield in recent years.

Surely not too difficult to do, especially if they're already recording every show anyway?
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2009, 12:54:34 PM »

To those that have recordings of other bands shows (that were purchased through the band in this context): How was the quality?

I ask because I could see someone like Axl (an admitted perfectionist) not wanting to do something like this because they didn't want inferior material out there.

That said, if they allowed me, I'd buy recordings of every show I could through GNR.

I realize Axl isn't hurting for money, so there isn't exactly a lot of motivation for the band to do something like this, but I wish that he would. I could see this being a huge money maker for a lot of bands.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2009, 01:12:32 PM »

I like the idea and have bought many of Pearl Jam's bootlegs. Problem is, I don't think GNR changes up their setlists enough to warrant this. A live CD from somewhere on the tour would probably be all you need.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2009, 01:41:53 PM »

I like the idea and have bought many of Pearl Jam's bootlegs. Problem is, I don't think GNR changes up their setlists enough to warrant this. A live CD from somewhere on the tour would probably be all you need.
I  dont know how fair it is to judge that cause CD wasnt released so i always considered the tours as kind of an introduction to the band and a preview of what was to come

I full expect Axl to rotate CD songs in and out and bring back a few UYI songs.

I personally get tired of everybody with their cell phone.

I took a few vids of the Kiss concert and realized "FUCK I AM MISSING THE SHOW" Plus people trying to get good shots get in other people's way, block their view etc.

Just seems everybody is so occupied with trying to video something, they don't really get to enjoy the experience s they could if they just focused on what was going on.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2009, 02:18:14 PM »

I think just a Blue Ray DVD of the Hammerstein Shows would be awesome!  I know they filmed it, so there's footage out there somewhere.   

And I was the only guy crowd surfing during Paradise City, so I want to see myself damnit!  peace 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2009, 02:27:46 PM »

Just seems everybody is so occupied with trying to video something, they don't really get to enjoy the experience s they could if they just focused on what was going on.

that's true. they better get their priorities right. cellphone recordings/shots can never be worth the live experience.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2009, 02:30:05 PM »

that's true. they better get their priorities right. cellphone recordings/shots can never be worth the live experience.

Even worse when they put those shitty quality recordings on Youtube. What's the point?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2009, 02:47:24 PM »

What a shocker. Kiss came up with a new thing for fans to spend there money on. 30 dollars is a complete fucking ripoff. I can get 20 gig thumbdrives for next to nothing through my job. They don't cost anything these days. Shit, Trent Reznor had thumbdrives of shit all over the county for Year Zero.

Now a personal tale. My woman and I went to the Halloween show of Kiss with the Smashing Pumpkins opening at Dodger Stadium. It was this 3D Circus of Freaks thing. Worst concert experience for me by a lightyear. The Pumpkins were great (and dressed like the Beatles which was fucking cool). The circus of freaks part was some real gay shit (not that there is anything wrong with being gay). The 3D was piss poor and a blurry mess. And there was trapeze people and shit. No fucking Freaks! What a jip. Then Kiss. Goddamn I just don't like them. I give them chance after chance and for shits sake I feel my dick actually shrinking while listening to them or seeing them. "We're so fucking badass looking like this and we are here to fucking ROCK!" Cue song... pussy shit. Next song... pussier then the last and so on and so on. I had this fool in fron of us turn around to me, and started yelling at me, "Get the fuck up motherfucker its FIREHOUSE!" I turned to my wife and for the first time I just uncontrollably started laughing. But the fun moment quickly disappeared with each and every pussy rock song from Kiss. To make matters even worse, Dodger Stadium RAN OUT OF BEER! Yea, you just read that right.

The ride home, the two of us got into the worst fight we have ever been in. I was so fucked up by seeing the shittiest concert ever, I went the wrong way and bam. We were one step away from going Chris Brown on each other. Kiss is no talent hacks in my opinion and Simmons gives me Douchechills every time I see him.

Axl, if you are reading this, whatever Kiss does, do the opposite.

Excellent post. One of the main reasons I keep comming here.

Personally I don't mind GN'R making money as long as they don't rip people off doing it. More product is cool as long as the product is up to the standards. Does KISS rip people off on a regular basis? Sure, but does KISS rip people off with this $30 bootleg? I don't agree with you on this one Master.

You can't seriousely mean that GN'R can't do this just because Simmons & co does it?

I think this is a pretty cool idea actually. The fact that it's an inexpencive recording solution with basically no expences or work effort in a low quality format doesn't mean that the product in it self is anything less than brilliant. Thats up to the band. It would give high profit to gn'r AND to those who chose to pay $whatever for it. When you buy a bootleg cd you often pay $50 plus. I'd be more than happy to pay $30 for the GN'R show I just attended. Thats spesial. It was pretty fuckin' cool hearing the boot from my first gn'r gig back in 93 btw.

I would of course choose the best format and packaging possible, but hey, how you transfer the gig to your base for digital storage really doesn't matter and the fact that you get to listen to the show you just saw over and over and over again when ever you feel like it is just a revolutionary idea imo. Even tho the sound has loss. I listen to music more on my phone and computer than my $50.000 high end sound system any way so the need for extremely high quality shit really isn't that big of a deal imo. Not on soundboard live recordings.

The more I think about it the more I like the idea. This could be the new way for bands to sell and get their music out. Lots of bands are obviousely having a hard time selling records so I think this is a great way for them to compensate some of the missing income. This might even grow and become a huge deal after a while.

If all bands did this there would be no more bootleggers and more of the money spent on the music goes straight to the band.

I can of course see why bands don't want to do this as well and thats fine, but to not even consider this is just ignoring a great idea and bunch of cash n' happy fans.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Uber-Tech
Opening Act

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2009, 02:50:40 PM »

I too get fed up with people and mobiles at concerts.  I would like to think that if Guns did make a recording available, it would reduce the amount of people holding their mobiles above their heads (extremely annoying for the poor sod who's stuck behind them).  However, given the sad reality of the fact that the world seems to have become obsessed with recording the minutae of their lives using mobiles and the internet (personally I don't give a damn who's on Twitter, who's following them, what they're doing at this particular moment or what they were doing ten minutes ago).  I sadly have to come to the conclusion that regardless of whether there is a live recording available or not, half the concert will end up on bloody YouTube within half an hour of the last note fading regardless of what is or isn't available to buy.  

If you don't believe in yourself, don't expect others to.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2009, 02:56:04 PM »

the point is to be able to catch a performance you weren't able to attend or to re-live through the live experience from shows. memories fade, ya know?
as Guns never had a good reputation in releasing real live performances (though they mostly were killer live, weird, huh?) there were unofficially amateur recorded big times. now in digital ages everybody can push a record buttom for some minutes, quality comes second for them.
knowing ALL shows since 1991(!!) were officially filmed/taped but unlikely to be released ever - its a huge loss to rock 'n' roll-history!
hopefully Axl finds peace with the recent line-up what could result in some more officially live audio/video.

Re-Union time, baby!!
sandman83
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2009, 03:12:01 PM »

I'm all apologies about my post that was off topic.  Just found humor in someone elses post that reminded me of somethin!

On topic:  I would love to be able to have video of a concert that I was at.  Because you have one perspective of the concert from the one spot that you were in.  It would be cool to watch it over and pick up on little details that you could have possibly missed out on or was distracted from.  I think it's a great idea.  Also wish that some way atleast one of the concerts be on pay per view!

Again, sorry for my off topic post earlier!

AC
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2009, 05:48:26 PM »

This would be HUGE for GN'R. Wish they did this! I've bought all the Pearl Jam shows I've been to and they are the best memory from each show I could ask for.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2009, 07:12:07 PM »

watched the few 30 second clips i recorded on my phone and i don't know why i bothered

thing is, how is ripping fans off?

It would be ripping fans off if u included it in a ticket price but u have the option to buy or not to buy, plus, if GNR made each show available... say i buy the Atlanta show, I could trade shows with someone who saw the Vegas show or Germany show etc etc

I would love to get my hands on some 2006 GNR vids but I can't locate any or get anyone to do business.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2009, 09:39:43 PM »

Hmm Kiss may be on to something with this, I'd like to see a lot of artists adopt this idea. Especially for all the random things that make a show unique. Hearings Axl's talks/rants , maybe random covers or jams , you might be at one show they play a song they hardly play. Overall , gooood idea!  ok
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2009, 02:34:12 PM »

watched the few 30 second clips i recorded on my phone and i don't know why i bothered

thing is, how is ripping fans off?

It would be ripping fans off if u included it in a ticket price but u have the option to buy or not to buy, plus, if GNR made each show available... say i buy the Atlanta show, I could trade shows with someone who saw the Vegas show or Germany show etc etc

I would love to get my hands on some 2006 GNR vids but I can't locate any or get anyone to do business.

Yeah this is in no way a rip off. It's a great, affordable option for those that might want a high quality copy of their own show. In any case; I would LOVE it if GNR did this.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2009, 10:08:18 PM »

Saw Kiss last night, and I don't know if anybody else does this, but I SOOOOOOOOOOO wish GNR would take a page from Kiss and do this

After the show, u could buy a CD or a kick ass Flashdrive/USB wristbracelet of the show u just saw downloaded onto it.

It was 30 bucks but well worth it cause u get to listen to the show u were at over and over.

any idea if GNR may do something like this?

Edit: Clearer subject... /jarmo

Yeah I agree with this because its about the music if it was almost anything else that you could take a page from Kiss and we would end up worshipting a sell out kind of band and I for one would not like that one dam bit make us just as bad as hair metal

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: