Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:23:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I wish GN'R would make live recordings of their shows available for purchase
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I wish GN'R would make live recordings of their shows available for purchase  (Read 11369 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: October 27, 2009, 01:18:08 PM »

Saw Kiss last night, and I don't know if anybody else does this, but I SOOOOOOOOOOO wish GNR would take a page from Kiss and do this

After the show, u could buy a CD or a kick ass Flashdrive/USB wristbracelet of the show u just saw downloaded onto it.

It was 30 bucks but well worth it cause u get to listen to the show u were at over and over.

any idea if GNR may do something like this?

Edit: Clearer subject... /jarmo

« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 01:43:24 PM by jarmo » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 01:22:55 PM »

Oh Man! My buddy and I have been saying bands should do this for years!

Way to go Kiss.

I wish GNR would do this too.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 01:24:16 PM »

I think U2 and/or Metallica did/do something similar?

And of course, it would be real cool
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 01:42:33 PM »

Yea GNR should do this and that.

U2's stage setting and youtube broadcasting was nice.  yes
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 01:48:01 PM »

Metallica, Pearl Jam, Linkin Park, and KISS are just a few bands that offer instant live recordings that fans can purchase. Sometimes it takes them a few days to post but hell -- it's an awesome feeling getting a recording of the show you were just at.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 01:49:56 PM »

What a shocker. Kiss came up with a new thing for fans to spend there money on. 30 dollars is a complete fucking ripoff. I can get 20 gig thumbdrives for next to nothing through my job. They don't cost anything these days. Shit, Trent Reznor had thumbdrives of shit all over the county for Year Zero.

Now a personal tale. My woman and I went to the Halloween show of Kiss with the Smashing Pumpkins opening at Dodger Stadium. It was this 3D Circus of Freaks thing. Worst concert experience for me by a lightyear. The Pumpkins were great (and dressed like the Beatles which was fucking cool). The circus of freaks part was some real gay shit (not that there is anything wrong with being gay). The 3D was piss poor and a blurry mess. And there was trapeze people and shit. No fucking Freaks! What a jip. Then Kiss. Goddamn I just don't like them. I give them chance after chance and for shits sake I feel my dick actually shrinking while listening to them or seeing them. "We're so fucking badass looking like this and we are here to fucking ROCK!" Cue song... pussy shit. Next song... pussier then the last and so on and so on. I had this fool in fron of us turn around to me, and started yelling at me, "Get the fuck up motherfucker its FIREHOUSE!" I turned to my wife and for the first time I just uncontrollably started laughing. But the fun moment quickly disappeared with each and every pussy rock song from Kiss. To make matters even worse, Dodger Stadium RAN OUT OF BEER! Yea, you just read that right.

The ride home, the two of us got into the worst fight we have ever been in. I was so fucked up by seeing the shittiest concert ever, I went the wrong way and bam. We were one step away from going Chris Brown on each other. Kiss is no talent hacks in my opinion and Simmons gives me Douchechills every time I see him.

Axl, if you are reading this, whatever Kiss does, do the opposite.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 01:51:31 PM »

The way this worked was, u got half the show after the concert and we have a code for the other half in a couple days.

I think this is an excellent way for bands to make up revenue lost by downloaders. Every concert I went to, I wish I could've had it to relive the memories.

another idea, Kiss are selling a huge boxset for like a 1000 dollars that includes cds of every single live show of this tour.

Imagine having something like that of GNR!! I'd gladly pay 1000 bucks for every show of the tour soundboard.

The USB/flash is cool cause u can wear it like a bracelet and it has the bands logo on it where it fastens.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 02:00:19 PM »

Saw Kiss last night, and I don't know if anybody else does this, but I SOOOOOOOOOOO wish GNR would take a page from Kiss and do this

After the show, u could buy a CD or a kick ass Flashdrive/USB wristbracelet of the show u just saw downloaded onto it.

It was 30 bucks but well worth it cause u get to listen to the show u were at over and over.

any idea if GNR may do something like this?

Edit: Clearer subject... /jarmo

Yeah that is awesome that Kiss does that.  I think Metallica still does it  best though, they have every show available pretty much the day after it happens for 10 bucks on livemetallica.com.  They also offer FLAC files of  the show.  Recently they just switched the site so you can now buy single tracks as well, like itunes.  Also if you order tickets through the fan club you get a FREE download of the show you went to.  This is really the age of bands being hands on with the fans, either via facebook,twitter or through their own websites.  In the age of pirating it is necessary for bands to go above and beyond for their fans now, getting constant voicemail or email updates from band members every 2 hours is becoming the norm.  It will be interesting to see if GNR go in this direction.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 02:04:01 PM »

I would LOVE if GNR did something like this!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 02:10:05 PM »

What a shocker. Kiss came up with a new thing for fans to spend there money on. 30 dollars is a complete fucking ripoff. I can get 20 gig thumbdrives for next to nothing through my job. They don't cost anything these days. Shit, Trent Reznor had thumbdrives of shit all over the county for Year Zero.

Now a personal tale. My woman and I went to the Halloween show of Kiss with the Smashing Pumpkins opening at Dodger Stadium. It was this 3D Circus of Freaks thing. Worst concert experience for me by a lightyear. The Pumpkins were great (and dressed like the Beatles which was fucking cool). The circus of freaks part was some real gay shit (not that there is anything wrong with being gay). The 3D was piss poor and a blurry mess. And there was trapeze people and shit. No fucking Freaks! What a jip. Then Kiss. Goddamn I just don't like them. I give them chance after chance and for shits sake I feel my dick actually shrinking while listening to them or seeing them. "We're so fucking badass looking like this and we are here to fucking ROCK!" Cue song... pussy shit. Next song... pussier then the last and so on and so on. I had this fool in fron of us turn around to me, and started yelling at me, "Get the fuck up motherfucker its FIREHOUSE!" I turned to my wife and for the first time I just uncontrollably started laughing. But the fun moment quickly disappeared with each and every pussy rock song from Kiss. To make matters even worse, Dodger Stadium RAN OUT OF BEER! Yea, you just read that right.

The ride home, the two of us got into the worst fight we have ever been in. I was so fucked up by seeing the shittiest concert ever, I went the wrong way and bam. We were one step away from going Chris Brown on each other. Kiss is no talent hacks in my opinion and Simmons gives me Douchechills every time I see him.

lol epic rant

Buddah says NO!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 02:30:30 PM »

so u wouldn't want to have GNR shows right after?

ok..................

not saying they have to charge that much, but its still a great idea.

For the record, I dont really want to see Axl on Twitter. What Axl does works for the most part. Makes more of an impact when he does speak I just wish the periods of speaking would get a bit shorter but I think they can definitely take a page out of other bands' books and do some cool shit like this.

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 02:54:08 PM »

Honestly I would be MUCH happier if Axl would just release a Blu Ray of one of the new shows like what NIN releases for their live HD shows. That kind of presentation. One that I can be immersed in with a high end HD set and full surround lossy sound. I want that.

Is this concert on a thumbdrive you speak of even a 720p picture and 5.1 sound. What exactly are you paying 30 fucking dollar for? I think the NIN Blu Ray was 25 dollars and was 7.1 lossless sound and a 1080p picture. The presentation was perfection. GN'R deserves no less.

Some perspective I feel is necessary here. Its all in the presentation. And for 30 fucking dollars, it better be at least of NIN quality. So is it, you tell me dude.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 05:51:00 AM »

I know they aren't every (any) bodies idea of a great band, but they do this for every show http://concert-online.com/en/shop/29349/live-recordings/1910/2843/Simply-Red-Greatest-Hits-Live-in-Belfast---22+08+.html aand as well as as a concert stick they can do it directly onto one of those USB MP3 players to listen to on the way home. The booth that was selling them for the Isle of Wight was rammed, so clearly they do make a lot of money.

The cool part was that they didn't include the encore, but you could add it at a later date  ok by downloading it from their site. The quality also makes it a must have for collectors of concert recordings. The big deal for Guns n' Roses would be that not playing the same list for each gig would in itself create a market, DotF for example was heard by a few venues, last time out, I'm sure that non-attendees to these gigs would buy these. Indeed, why not have box sets, say of Canada, the Far-East, Europe and North and South America (should the tour reach these regions)

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2009, 06:29:55 AM »

Honestly I would be MUCH happier if Axl would just release a Blu Ray of one of the new shows like what NIN releases for their live HD shows. That kind of presentation. One that I can be immersed in with a high end HD set and full surround lossy sound. I want that.

Is this concert on a thumbdrive you speak of even a 720p picture and 5.1 sound. What exactly are you paying 30 fucking dollar for? I think the NIN Blu Ray was 25 dollars and was 7.1 lossless sound and a 1080p picture. The presentation was perfection. GN'R deserves no less.

Some perspective I feel is necessary here. Its all in the presentation. And for 30 fucking dollars, it better be at least of NIN quality. So is it, you tell me dude.
Agreed.

Release HD recordings or even let the fans bring their camcorders and release a surround soundboard recording for them to build up a nice video with multiple cams. That worked pretty fucking well with NIN and Radiohead.

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 07:47:40 AM »

It would be so cool. But I think the fans of Guns N' Roses are unable to have this kind of things because there's some people that keeps suing and all that shit.

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 08:27:05 AM »

i'd buy EVERY soundboard show in FLAC or CD(R)!!!
but the perfection part we've experienced from Axl tells me it might not happen: mixing on-the-fly, burning, tracking the gig right after the show so attenders would be able to purchase a quality product on their way out of the venue is some risky, let alone the band not being able to hear/verify the quality of the performance and on-the-fly-mix first. they could offer it a couple of days later but still someone would have to verify the quality and all.....which basically should be the leader himself, right? doubt he would listen to every show right after. eh, ignore this Axl and just release something, we'll buy it ok

Re-Union time, baby!!
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 08:39:04 AM »

I have been praying for something like this ever since Metallica started to do it on their website.  It would mean everything to me to be able to have every show around the world recorded from soundboard in my hands.  Metallica choice of mp3 - $10 or FLAC - ?13 (i think) is fantastic value for money.  Plus you get pics on th website of the concert and a cover.

Just a great service and a great way for a band to make some extra cash from the concerts. GNR is such a widley bootlegged band and certainly the demand is out there.

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 09:31:58 AM »

I'd rather see GNR sporadically share some recordings or single live videos for free than seeing GNR's website converted into a cheap fair like Metallica's website.

I love SBD recordings more than anyone, but I dont want GNR to prostitute itself like Kiss / Metallica.

I really think the pattern to follow is NIN, not Metallica, not Kiss.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
sandman83
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 12:05:18 PM »

I'm laughin my ass off after reading this.  I've never got the whole Kiss thing either.  I went to see them and Aerosmith few years back and I told everyone that if Aerosmith opened, that we were gonna leave before kiss went on.  I be goddamn, I had to set through Kisses long boring ass set before Aerosmith went on.  They played so long that Aerosmith didn't get to play very long.  Aerosmith didn't even do an encore.  Pissed me off.  I guess Nashville had some kind of time ordinanse.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 12:11:57 PM »

I'm laughin my ass off after reading this.  I've never got the whole Kiss thing either.  I went to see them and Aerosmith few years back and I told everyone that if Aerosmith opened, that we were gonna leave before kiss went on.  I be goddamn, I had to set through Kisses long boring ass set before Aerosmith went on.  They played so long that Aerosmith didn't get to play very long.  Aerosmith didn't even do an encore.  Pissed me off.  I guess Nashville had some kind of time ordinanse.
So you brought nothing to the discussion, not even the topic nor GNR?

alright, just checkin'
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: