Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 07:54:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL. Please Perform ALL the Songs on CHINESE DEMOCRACY on Tour
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL. Please Perform ALL the Songs on CHINESE DEMOCRACY on Tour  (Read 8420 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2009, 10:37:42 AM »

Wonder if they will take SOD and Madagasar out of the set and replace them with two other CD songs?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2009, 10:45:37 AM »

They played TWAT @ the 1st H-Stein show..It didn't go over well..They dropped it from the set list for the reaminder of shows...But now, w/ the majority of the crowd familular w/ it, I thnk it's time to bring TWAT back..
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2009, 10:49:09 AM »

Guns will probably play between 17-18 songs per show. I don't think setlist will be too different from the 2006 - 2007 tours. Songs like My Michelle, Nightrain or LALD could be replaced by a few CD songs. From Chinese Democracy, GNR will probably play CD (song), Better, SOD, TWAT, IRS and This I love. These songs will amost be played on each and every show. Then I could see Rhiad, Prostitute and Madagascar played ocasionally.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2009, 11:05:09 AM »

They played TWAT @ the 1st H-Stein show..It didn't go over well..They dropped it from the set list for the reaminder of shows...But now, w/ the majority of the crowd familular w/ it, I thnk it's time to bring TWAT back..

Have you gone insane? There Was A Time probably got the biggest pop of the night. hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2009, 11:06:49 AM »

^ And it was also performed in Madrid, with Ron nailing the last solo. Smiley

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2009, 11:09:05 AM »

^ And it was also performed in Madrid, with Ron nailing the last solo. Smiley

Yes he sure did. I was there  smoking
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2009, 01:51:12 PM »

Ditto to Buddha and again i'm always fine with whatever set the band feel the best for themselves and the crowd.

Which of the new songs are you looking the most forward to hearing live?
? Reply #54 on: October 24, 2009, 09:17:48 PM ?     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The album in its entirety, every song speaks to me in a special kind of way, some are more favorable in ways, but I just want to hear the whole thing "LIVE". 

there're so many setlist threads spouting up all at once now, to which our replies are more or less the same. hihi

Whether or not the entire cd is played live, i can already see the same people that wasn't happy with 2006/7 setlists whining about it.  hope i'm wrong hihi
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2009, 02:06:05 PM »

Have you gone insane? There Was A Time probably got the biggest pop of the night. hihi

I thought it went over really well at Hammerstein

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2009, 02:06:39 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The album in its entirety, every song speaks to me in a special kind of way, some are more favorable in ways, but I just want to hear the whole thing "LIVE".  

We must definately be on the same page Buddha_Master,  we will party hard at "Terribles" and rock the @#$% out at the "Hardrock", we'll definately show the rest how it's done lol... Look forward to seeing you and your wife in the states, hopefully sooner than later ok.  Bring on Las Vegas Cool yes.

This was one of my favorite concert experiences, maybe my favorite. It was so fun partying with all of you, playing GN'R drinking and smoking the finest greens. L.A. is my ideal place for GN'R to play (and closer) but goddamn L.A. fans here let me down. No hooking up with friends from here, no real partying or connecting. That really made the show and experience great. Just a blast. So fun in that Hotel room. I may have to go back to Vegas just to party with the fans again. My fucking L.A. brothers and sisters what the FUCK?!

Anyway, I understand the need to throw the classic GN'R songs into the fray. I do. But sometimes I get the feeling Axl wishes he didn't have to play some of them. I may be totally off base with that. It just seemed a little more real and engaged during the couple CD songs played. I want Axl to do what the fuck ever he wants to do. If he doesn't want to play the old songs I would rather he didn't play them. They aren't as important anymore. It has got to be about the music first. And the music from Chinese Democracy needs their time to shine. All of them.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2009, 02:10:22 PM »

I thought it went over really well at Hammerstein

Better did too right after Mr. Brownstone Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2009, 02:25:28 PM »

GNR should be able to sing however many old songs or whichever songs they want to sing.
But Chinese Democracy should be front and center of what they are promoting.

That means starting and ending the shows on the new songs and 60% of the songs should consist of the new material.
They need to live up to their responsibility of promoting the new material. The classic material has already done well for itself. Its time to hang some of that up going forward.

MNW

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2009, 02:49:08 PM »

sorry, better, dreams, prostitute, shacklers + old songs.

optional: Maddy, Chinese, Twat, irs.

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2009, 04:11:06 PM »

We must definately be on the same page Buddha_Master,  we will party hard at "Terribles" and rock the @#$% out at the "Hardrock", we'll definately show the rest how it's done lol... Look forward to seeing you and your wife in the states, hopefully sooner than later ok.  Bring on Las Vegas Cool yes.

This was one of my favorite concert experiences, maybe my favorite. It was so fun partying with all of you, playing GN'R drinking and smoking the finest greens. L.A. is my ideal place for GN'R to play (and closer) but goddamn L.A. fans here let me down. No hooking up with friends from here, no real partying or connecting. That really made the show and experience great. Just a blast. So fun in that Hotel room. I may have to go back to Vegas just to party with the fans again. My fucking L.A. brothers and sisters what the FUCK?!

Anyway, I understand the need to throw the classic GN'R songs into the fray. I do. But sometimes I get the feeling Axl wishes he didn't have to play some of them. I may be totally off base with that. It just seemed a little more real and engaged during the couple CD songs played. I want Axl to do what the fuck ever he wants to do. If he doesn't want to play the old songs I would rather he didn't play them. They aren't as important anymore. It has got to be about the music first. And the music from Chinese Democracy needs their time to shine. All of them.

i think axl was only playing so many of the old songs on the last few tours because he wanted to save the big guns for the official chinese democracy tour after the album's release.  there's no way he'd risk those songs being put up on  youtube because of camera phones.  so even though i'm sure the whole band would have rather played their own songs, they kinda had to do it.  but now that the album's out, i'm one hundred percent certain we'll hear the whole album.  or at least most of it. 

if there's one thing we know about axl rose, it's that he doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks he should do.  that's why he's a god and not a cheap sellout who will prostitute his talent for fortune and fame.  like a wise man said, guns n' roses isn't burger king.  you don't get it your way.  if axl wants to play his new songs, he's gonna play 'em.  fuck a bunch of whiny mulletheads.  that's what classic rock radio's for.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2009, 04:18:38 PM »

if there's one thing we know about axl rose, it's that he doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks he should do. if axl wants to play his new songs, he's gonna play 'em. 
hell yeah, and if he wanna sing 20+ year old songs because he and the crowd loves it and gets a rush out of it, he'll do that too  ok
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2009, 04:20:16 PM »

if there's one thing we know about axl rose, it's that he doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks he should do. if axl wants to play his new songs, he's gonna play 'em. 
hell yeah, and if he wanna sing 20+ year old songs because he and the crowd loves it and gets a rush out of it, he'll do that too  ok

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Jon.  Once again, you are the voice of reason in a sea of chaos and calamity.
tippasaurus
Rocker

You must be the change you wish to see

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2009, 05:19:01 PM »

I guess the question for me is: are there any CD tracks that don't translate very well live that Axl might end up rarely, if ever playing live (Coma, Locomotive, Don't Damn Me all come to mind)?  I can't help but be curious how "If the World," "Sorry," and "Prostitute" will sound live. 

"we are here to learn how to choose and to choose how to learn"
-michael
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2009, 05:22:39 PM »

if that's what axl wants to do, i'm sure he'll do it.  but if all he was interested in was hearing superior musicians perform those old songs, he'd have just released the re-recorded afd.  instead, he knew those musicians were capable of something even more ambitious.  i don't think he'd have spent so much time, blood, sweat and tears to realize that dream if he didn't want to share it and rock it out live.  but that's just my opinion.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2009, 05:33:50 PM »

I guess the question for me is: are there any CD tracks that don't translate very well live that Axl might end up rarely, if ever playing live (Coma, Locomotive, Don't Damn Me all come to mind)?  I can't help but be curious how "If the World," "Sorry," and "Prostitute" will sound live. 

I'm thinking If the World would be a little hard to pull off live.

if that's what axl wants to do, i'm sure he'll do it.  but if all he was interested in was hearing superior musicians perform those old songs, he'd have just released the re-recorded afd.  instead, he knew those musicians were capable of something even more ambitious.  i don't think he'd have spent so much time, blood, sweat and tears to realize that dream if he didn't want to share it and rock it out live.  but that's just my opinion.

OK  Roll Eyes

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2009, 06:54:47 PM »

Problem with playing live is.. u can only do so many ballads cause u need to keep the energy up so I'd be shocked if Axl put a ton of ballads in

which is why I'd drop KOHD and put in TIL   drop Patience and put in Prostitute.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
djcleaver
Rocker

deep waits...

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2009, 07:31:38 PM »

Let's see if we can't change the LA experience this time when they play, there have to be more than two people on this board from SO CAL , I don't see why a pre-show meet up cant be arranged. I'll personally bring some fine greens.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: