Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 08:04:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL. Please Perform ALL the Songs on CHINESE DEMOCRACY on Tour
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL. Please Perform ALL the Songs on CHINESE DEMOCRACY on Tour  (Read 8422 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« on: October 27, 2009, 02:31:07 AM »

Cut the fuck back on the older Guns songs. Just cut way way back on those. If you really want to play an old classic one, just make sure its one you really fucking care about. But man, don't play the shit for our sake. I am an old school fan and say that from the heart. You burnt on performing Knockin' on Heavens door, Welcome to the Jungle (Yea, I went there), Sweet Child, Nightrain, Paradise (Just to name examples of some older tunes performed a few years back), cool no fucking problem here.

I am telling you Mr. Rose, you fucking did it. I am so fucking proud of you. Chinese Democracy has become my favorite album of all time. I say that as a Beatles, Hendrix, Sabbath, Doors, Zepplin, Dylan fan. My favorite. I have never been like this over one album. I remember what different albums mean to me and just love so much music. I may listen to the White Album or something and reflect on the LSD trip I had with it and love it for it and no one even gets it unless its experienced in that state. Sometimes I am just in a Beatles mood (especially recently with their new Rock Band game), or in a Metallica mood. Around Halloween suddenly Hellbilly Deluxe becomes the most awesome shit to listen to. They all have there moments to shine for me is what I am trying to say. Chinese Democracy.... that is something different.

I can't stay away from it. It has this hold on me. Its hard to go a day or so and not feel compelled and drawn to it. It seduces me and commands me to go to it and press that motherfucking sideways triangle. I can't believe how instantly fresh it always gets. I may fuck some of you up with what I am about to say. I haven't listened to Appetite, the Illusions, Lies... none of it. Since I had Chinese Democracy. I know Appetite is fantastic. That album got me through shit and is a big BIG part of my own coming of age story. I know I like a lot of the songs on the Illusions and dig songs off Lies. Not so much of  Spaghetti. The place I am in life now maybe plays a big hand in all this (it should). Chinese Democracy is something that I didn't know I even needed, and now I can't do without.

Getting back to point, I love each and every song on this album more then I CURRENTLY love anything GN'R has ever done. If it was different I would be playing some Classic guns when I am Jonesing for my GNR fix but, I don't. I am still reaching for Chinese Democracy. If any song off it isn't performed at the new shows so to make room or some shit for one of the old songs, I will be a little bummed. Mix some in, alright. But if someone was to ask me what I would want, I would say I would love GN'R to play all of Chinese Democracy sequentially. From start to finish. I get mixing things up, but not at the expense of some of these songs not achieving what there purpose now is. To be heard. They all must sound amazing live and I want to hear them live and given their proper respect.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 03:09:36 AM »

he wants to sell tickets, and unfortunately the ticket buying general public have shown their feelings towards CD.

Dont get me wrong i think its a great album, but to do this is mental

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 03:11:27 AM »

he wants to sell tickets, and unfortunately the ticket buying general public have shown their feelings towards CD.

Didn't Chinese go 3x platinum in Canada?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 03:18:31 AM »

It's stupid!!!
People want old songs,with 7-8 new.
It's enough
I can't imagine gnr shows without sweet child,nighttrain,jungle,paradise city...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 03:23:35 AM »

I can imagine them do a 50/50 (or 60/40) setlist with old/new songs. That would leave about 10/10 (12/8).

Either that, or they'll have rehearsed ALL of Chinese Democracy, and then alternates on selections from the album from show to show. Maybe 7-8 for each show as mentioned above.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 03:35:31 AM »

i'd be up for this: performing CD in its entirely at some shows, then many other/older songs at other shows.
just some more mixed setlists on different shows would be cool - compared to the last tours.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 04:06:01 AM »

Cut the fuck back on the older Guns songs. Just cut way way back on those. If you really want to play an old classic one, just make sure its one you really fucking care about. But man, don't play the shit for our sake. I am an old school fan and say that from the heart. You burnt on performing Knockin' on Heavens door, Welcome to the Jungle (Yea, I went there), Sweet Child, Nightrain, Paradise (Just to name examples of some older tunes performed a few years back), cool no fucking problem here.

I am telling you Mr. Rose, you fucking did it. I am so fucking proud of you. Chinese Democracy has become my favorite album of all time. I say that as a Beatles, Hendrix, Sabbath, Doors, Zepplin, Dylan fan. My favorite. I have never been like this over one album. I remember what different albums mean to me and just love so much music. I may listen to the White Album or something and reflect on the LSD trip I had with it and love it for it and no one even gets it unless its experienced in that state. Sometimes I am just in a Beatles mood (especially recently with their new Rock Band game), or in a Metallica mood. Around Halloween suddenly Hellbilly Deluxe becomes the most awesome shit to listen to. They all have there moments to shine for me is what I am trying to say. Chinese Democracy.... that is something different.

I can't stay away from it. It has this hold on me. Its hard to go a day or so and not feel compelled and drawn to it. It seduces me and commands me to go to it and press that motherfucking sideways triangle. I can't believe how instantly fresh it always gets. I may fuck some of you up with what I am about to say. I haven't listened to Appetite, the Illusions, Lies... none of it. Since I had Chinese Democracy. I know Appetite is fantastic. That album got me through shit and is a big BIG part of my own coming of age story. I know I like a lot of the songs on the Illusions and dig songs off Lies. Not so much of  Spaghetti. The place I am in life now maybe plays a big hand in all this (it should). Chinese Democracy is something that I didn't know I even needed, and now I can't do without.

Getting back to point, I love each and every song on this album more then I CURRENTLY love anything GN'R has ever done. If it was different I would be playing some Classic guns when I am Jonesing for my GNR fix but, I don't. I am still reaching for Chinese Democracy. If any song off it isn't performed at the new shows so to make room or some shit for one of the old songs, I will be a little bummed. Mix some in, alright. But if someone was to ask me what I would want, I would say I would love GN'R to play all of Chinese Democracy sequentially. From start to finish. I get mixing things up, but not at the expense of some of these songs not achieving what there purpose now is. To be heard. They all must sound amazing live and I want to hear them live and given their proper respect.

Great post, and I'm hoping that the set list will be CD dominated too

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
w.david rose
Rocker

"I Believe In Israel"- W.AXL ROSE 13.06.06

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 04:54:36 AM »

Amazing post!!!
the best ever here Cool

the most sick fan in the middle east
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 06:14:22 AM »

i have no doubts that the set will be mostly chinese democracy, with a handful of old songs thrown in for the old folks.  after all the years of hype and hope, there's absolutely no way they'll go on the official chinese democracy world tour and not rock the fuck out of all the new songs.  people have been waiting so long for this moment.  they'd be disappointed if they didn't get to hear what axl's been up to for all those years.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 08:06:18 AM »

I've been thinking about that too, but can't see it happening. Instead I'd love to see them going back to playing without setlists at all.. 06-07 setlists had some variety yes, but still I'd like to see more. And I think with CD out it's easier for the band to play different (Chinese Democracy) songs just because they have more to choose from and the people out there know those songs.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 08:11:24 AM »

I hope they get rid of KOHD and LALD

There will never be a tour without jungle,pc,scom,nightrain,its so easy

those are just too big

my guess is:
Jungle
Easy
Nightrain
Brownstone
paradise city
My Michelle
scom
RQ here and there even though its the best song on Appetite
Patience although i wish they'd replace it with something from CD or UYI
YCBM
NR
Don't Cry
LALD
KOHD

That would leave about 6 to 8 CD songs and that would be awesome.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 08:13:01 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
dyd
Headliner

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 08:22:11 AM »

I hope they get rid of KOHD

no no      one of '06 was just beautiful   drool drool
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 08:40:02 AM »

Yeah sorry man but you have to mix it up. We are always going to hear the old songs too.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
+Rocker+
I want to hea... have Slash's baby
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 08:44:34 AM »

As I said before, it would be GREAT if Axl perfom Chinese Democracy in its entirity plus some classics song at the end of the show. Judas Priest just perfomed entire "British Steel" live. It's was a successful tour. I'm sure it'd work with Guns n' Roses and Chinese Democracy.

I love you Axl, but I'm also one of "those" Slash supporters haha...
www.rockinslashforum.com
Soon: www.rockin-slash.com
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 08:48:37 AM »

Which of the new songs are you looking the most forward to hearing live?
? Reply #54 on: October 24, 2009, 09:17:48 PM ?    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The album in its entirety, every song speaks to me in a special kind of way, some are more favorable in ways, but I just want to hear the whole thing "LIVE".  

We must definately be on the same page Buddha_Master,  we will party hard at "Terribles" and rock the @#$% out at the "Hardrock", we'll definately show the rest how it's done lol... Look forward to seeing you and your wife in the states, hopefully sooner than later ok.  Bring on Las Vegas Cool yes.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 09:40:38 AM »

While I'd LOVE to hear all the new songs, I would miss hearing some of the classics.  I still love those songs, so I'd rather have a mix.  I wouldn't complain if the set was CD heavy, but I'd think/hope more in the 50/50 range.  8-10 new songs, 10-12 old songs.  Plus it'd be tough to infuence my friends to go if I had to tell them they wouldn't be playing any of the classics.  Not a good selling point for them.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 10:23:07 AM »

A GNR show without the likes of PC, WTTJ, SCOM, NR, Mr. B, It's So Easy etc. would be anarchy. Anarchy! (Actually I have to say that I'm not as fond of SCOM when compared with other GNR songs Shocked)

I'm sure there'll be more CD songs played but I really don't think they'll go for all 14.

PS. Riad for opener! beer

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2009, 10:25:00 AM »

A GNR show without the likes of PC, WTTJ, SCOM, NR, Mr. B, It's So Easy etc. would be anarchy. Anarchy! (Actually I have to say that I'm not as fond of SCOM when compared with other GNR songs Shocked)

I'm sure there'll be more CD songs played but I really don't think they'll go for all 14.

PS. Riad for opener! beer
Not all in one show at least.  They MAY play all 14, sprinkled out over the tour but I would highly doubt they'd play them all in one show.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2009, 10:31:37 AM »

A GNR show without the likes of PC, WTTJ, SCOM, NR, Mr. B, It's So Easy etc. would be anarchy. Anarchy!

Actually, I was at a GN'R show without Paradise City.  Portland, Oregon in December 2006.  They came out for the encore, but ended with Madagascar.  Not exactly the big finish we were all expecting, but still an awesome show all around.  Though I still have no idea what happened to Paradise City.

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2009, 10:35:37 AM »

Staples at every show will probably remain WTTJ, SCOM, PC, So Easy, Nightrain, Patience, YCBM and Nov Rain.  I'd love to see them surprise me with some stuff off Illusions that they didn't play last tour including Civil War, Don't Cry and maybe deeper cuts that you wouldn't expect.  I'd be happy with 50% pre-CD, and 50% CD.

But what would really be phenominal is if they did a smaller theatre tour, played CD in its entirety from start to finish, maybe throw in a couple songs we haven't heard yet that will be on the next one, with just a few classics.  Intimate show, hard core fans...would be a real treat.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: