Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 06:19:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash & Fergie Perform Sweet Child O' Mine At Rose Bowl; Video
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash & Fergie Perform Sweet Child O' Mine At Rose Bowl; Video  (Read 34697 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2009, 02:41:14 PM »

OH, dont get me wrong. Axl is the absolute best at getting the most out of people. I will never ever deny that. So yeah, I give axl credit for pushing Slash to those creative heights but at  the end of the day, Slash still has to come up with it.

I 100% agree. And that's why it's so heartbreaking for me to listen to anything Slash has done since Guns' because I know he's capable of so much more, and proved as much on my all-time favorite song, Estranged.

well, music in a band setting is collaborative effort; and by far, axl is the most talented vocalist/songwriter slash ever worked with and I'm sure he'll be the first to admit it-but getting to that point with axl as time went on seems to have been more effort than slash was willing to put into it (at least thats what I got from his book)

for that reason, I'm looking forward to hearing what slash comes up w on this album with all the guest singers and will be reserving judgement about all his collaborations until the album comes out-because from what I've heard, he pretty much co-writes each song with whatever particular singer-

but it would be great if izzy plays rythym on every song hihi
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2009, 06:37:24 PM »

OH, dont get me wrong. Axl is the absolute best at getting the most out of people. I will never ever deny that. So yeah, I give axl credit for pushing Slash to those creative heights but at  the end of the day, Slash still has to come up with it.

I 100% agree. And that's why it's so heartbreaking for me to listen to anything Slash has done since Guns' because I know he's capable of so much more, and proved as much on my all-time favorite song, Estranged.

well, music in a band setting is collaborative effort; and by far, axl is the most talented vocalist/songwriter slash ever worked with and I'm sure he'll be the first to admit it-but getting to that point with axl as time went on seems to have been more effort than slash was willing to put into it (at least thats what I got from his book)

True, and what's so highly debatable about the whole ordeal too is whether or not Slash simply didn't want to put in the effort anymore like you said, or whether Slash and Axl at that point had simply drifted so far apart artistically with Axl wanting to persue more Elton John-esque epic ballads in addition to classic blues rock-tinged songs, while Slash's musical aspirations were quite content the way they always had been.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 06:39:20 PM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2009, 06:59:41 PM »

Which is why I started taking more of Axl's side of the breakup

If Axl was "difficult" to work with only cause he wanted to be great whereas Slash wanted to do "easy" then I don't blame Axl at all. Which is why I blame more of the old band than Axl just due to that and Slash's drug problem.

Impossible to communicate/work with someone on drugs.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2009, 07:17:38 PM »

Sorry if I?m offtopic, but I always thought Slash should perform SCOM with P!NK. The only version of her singing it I could find  is this one. I have to warn you: don?t listen to the music.  Lips Sealed

But her singing is great.  ok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPeFeP0cWV8

Pink has a very sexy voice for sure... She seems very cool!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2009, 07:30:37 PM »

Sorry if I?m offtopic, but I always thought Slash should perform SCOM with P!NK. The only version of her singing it I could find  is this one. I have to warn you: don?t listen to the music.  Lips Sealed

But her singing is great.  ok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPeFeP0cWV8

Pink has a very sexy voice for sure... She seems very cool!
I actually like Pink too.  She's more talented than Fergie.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2009, 07:59:22 PM »

Yeah, Pink is pretty cool.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2009, 09:25:05 AM »

True, and what's so highly debatable about the whole ordeal too is whether or not Slash simply didn't want to put in the effort anymore like you said, or whether Slash and Axl at that point had simply drifted so far apart artistically with Axl wanting to persue more Elton John-esque epic ballads in addition to classic blues rock-tinged songs, while Slash's musical aspirations were quite content the way they always had been.

may not have stated quite as clearly as I meant, and not trying to re-explain the wheel in terms of why the band broke up; but from what I gathered in his book, he seemed more fed up with the fact the Axl was never around at rehearsals or song writing sessions during and after UYI and beyond; which may have led him to seeing GnR as more effort than it was worth..........not saying that is what actually happened or why he ultimately left..............it's just hard to collaborate with a singer that's rarely there
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2009, 09:35:17 AM »

may not have stated quite as clearly as I meant, and not trying to re-explain the wheel in terms of why the band broke up; but from what I gathered in his book, he seemed more fed up with the fact the Axl was never around at rehearsals or song writing sessions during and after UYI and beyond; which may have led him to seeing GnR as more effort than it was worth..........not saying that is what actually happened or why he ultimately left..............it's just hard to collaborate with a singer that's rarely there

Considering the surplus of errors and inaccuracies in that book though, one should be hesitant at accepting the book as the gospel of truth.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2009, 03:45:26 PM »

the only thing that is absurd is how some take that stupid fucking book as gospel.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2009, 03:55:14 PM »

the only thing that is absurd is how some take that stupid fucking book as gospel.

yeah i usually take everything w a grain of salt but when ever band member past and present make similar comments about the writing and recording process; i tend to believe there may be some truth to it-

but it's really not that important to me
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2009, 03:57:40 PM »

Well said, Jim Bob.

The first thing they teach you in the field of academics is to evaluate the source(s) of every book you read.

If the author of a book can't even get basic information right like his wedding date, when concerts were played, as well as where they were played; the authenticity and reliability of that book should be drawn into question, and it thus becomes highly suspect, or unstable.

You'd think the fact that Duff has stated many, many times how he remembers things far differently from Slash would be enough to clue oldgunsfan in, but evidently doing so would obviously contravene with his case of systemic denial.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2009, 04:05:12 PM »

All you Slash fans who think you can come to this section to post shit about GN'R, look for another site to post on.

Every thread goes off topic because you need to constantly try to talk shit about the band that this site is dedicated to.

Last warning.

Next time you try that tactic, will be your last.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2009, 04:11:24 PM »

Slash Is Happy Now !! Congratulations... FERGIE Rulez...

love

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2009, 05:27:11 PM »

Well said, Jim Bob.

The first thing they teach you in the field of academics is to evaluate the source(s) of every book you read.

If the author of a book can't even get basic information right like his wedding date, when concerts were played, as well as where they were played; the authenticity and reliability of that book should be drawn into question, and it thus becomes highly suspect, or unstable.

You'd think the fact that Duff has stated many, many times how he remembers things far differently from Slash would be enough to clue oldgunsfan in, but evidently doing so would obviously contravene with his case of systemic denial.

hey dude, I got a few DUIs but don't remember the dates - doesn't change the fact that it did happen - does that make my experience higly suspect or unstable?

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2009, 07:14:52 PM »

OK enough of this shit really no one is changing anybody else's mind

THREAD COMPLETELY BACK ON TOPIC:

I just hope the singers on this album took it seriously and tried their best to craft the best possible songs and didn't just kind of mail it in like a soundtrack song or something.

Goin off that list, I'd imagine Fergie would be the first single, Possibly Adam Levine the 2nd *little Rob Thomas, Carlos Santana* action

Maybe the one with M Shadows on Modern radio

I think he should've got Scott to do a song on it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2009, 07:44:48 PM »

I just hope the singers on this album took it seriously and tried their best to craft the best possible songs and didn't just kind of mail it in like a soundtrack song or something.

Goin off that list, I'd imagine Fergie would be the first single, Possibly Adam Levine the 2nd *little Rob Thomas, Carlos Santana* action

D, he just did 2 albums with Scott.  A song with Zakk Wylde would be fun though.  I am really excited for the album and like love seeing Slash live.  Weather it be with BEP or the Black Crowes. 
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2009, 08:34:34 PM »

D, he just did 2 albums with Scott.  A song with Zakk Wylde would be fun though.  I am really excited for the album and like love seeing Slash live.  Weather it be with BEP or the Black Crowes. 

Haha, talk about your pipe dream.

The Black Crowes would never have $la$h up on their stage.  We might see a reunion before that.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2009, 09:26:24 PM »

A song with Zakk Wylde would be fun though.
It would be interesting as hell ok
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2009, 10:51:27 PM »

Well said, Jim Bob.

hey dude, I got a few DUIs but don't remember the dates - doesn't change the fact that it did happen - does that make my experience higly suspect or unstable?

Huh

The primary difference being that police officers who were not under the influence recorded your DUIs when they occured. There is therefore no way you can dispute having been charged or arrested for DUI since these incidents have been recorded, and are now on record regardless if you dispute them or don't rememmber them.

Just as virtually every incident Slash lies about, misconstrues, confuses, compounds, etc in his book can be verified through evidence; be it public knowledge like his correct wedding date, or through visual or audio means such as the St. Louis concert, which confirms that Slash essentially condoned the band leaving the stage since he flipped the crowd off, and was not pushed into it like he alludes to in his book.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2009, 10:58:33 PM »

Haha, talk about your pipe dream.

The Black Crowes would never have $la$h up on their stage.  We might see a reunion before that.

Say again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk8BGLa0YAM
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: