Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 06:18:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash & Fergie Perform Sweet Child O' Mine At Rose Bowl; Video
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash & Fergie Perform Sweet Child O' Mine At Rose Bowl; Video  (Read 34694 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2009, 10:00:30 AM »

so even though Im not a fan of this... He can do it if he chooses.

D, surely you can agree though, that this is ONLY jamming.
If Slash formed a band with Fergie or Nicole, that would be totally different and i would hate that.
BUT, he has no band at the moment and probably just enjoys jamming.
I just find it strange that he's become such good friends with Fergie, and apparently the Pussycat Dolls.  How did that happen?  Is he just picking artists that are at the top of the "pop" world to try to enhance his own image?  If he was jamming with people from the "rock" world it wouldn't be as questionable.  But this just makes me wonder.

so now you are disapproving of his friends? that's hysterical ok
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2009, 10:14:15 AM »

D, surely you can agree though, that this is ONLY jamming.
If Slash formed a band with Fergie or Nicole, that would be totally different and i would hate that.
BUT, he has no band at the moment and probably just enjoys jamming.
I just find it strange that he's become such good friends with Fergie, and apparently the Pussycat Dolls.  How did that happen?  Is he just picking artists that are at the top of the "pop" world to try to enhance his own image?  If he was jamming with people from the "rock" world it wouldn't be as questionable.  But this just makes me wonder.

so now you are disapproving of his friends? that's hysterical ok
Yeah that's what I said.  Roll Eyes  Give me a break!  I'm not disapproving of his friends.  I asked HOW he became friends with them.  It just seems odd to me. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2009, 10:16:00 AM »

thing about me is, I don't excuse anybody for stuff I dont agree with

I think Fergie,BEP and Pussycat dolls are whats wrong with music today it is just complete shit.

Slash playing with them doesnt make it cool

now Im not one of these people that holds stuff against someone.. He is still my fave guitar player but when he does shit I don't agree with, like anybody else, i will be the first to say it.

If Axl did a duet with BEP or Fergie which he never would, but just saying, I would think it was lame also.

+

what about when he played w elton john after writing one in a million?
That's Sir Elton John to you.  He's a rock and roll icon.  You're surely not comparing him to a Pussycat Doll and Fergie are you?  You have to have better sense than that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2009, 10:16:54 AM »

I just find it strange that he's become such good friends with Fergie, and apparently the Pussycat Dolls.  How did that happen?  Is he just picking artists that are at the top of the "pop" world to try to enhance his own image?  If he was jamming with people from the "rock" world it wouldn't be as questionable.  But this just makes me wonder.

I don't know to be honest... but when it comes to a serious gig he still plays rock with John 5, Franky, Ronnie Wood and the like.
Maybe Perla is good friends with them and keeps talking him into it?  We all do stuff for our girlfriends lol  hihi

Or maybe he wants to try and expand to a larger audience so more people will hear his solo album.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2009, 10:21:09 AM »

I just find it strange that he's become such good friends with Fergie, and apparently the Pussycat Dolls.  How did that happen?  Is he just picking artists that are at the top of the "pop" world to try to enhance his own image?  If he was jamming with people from the "rock" world it wouldn't be as questionable.  But this just makes me wonder.

I don't know to be honest... but when it comes to a serious gig he still plays rock with John 5, Franky, Ronnie Wood and the like.
Maybe Perla is good friends with them and keeps talking him into it?  We all do stuff for our girlfriends lol  hihi

Or maybe he wants to try and expand to a larger audience so more people will hear his solo album.
I honestly don't have a huge problem with Fergie.  Like I said before, I liked their performance at the Slash and Friends gig.  This one though, was not good.  And from what I've seen of that Nicole chick.  She should do a Milli Vanilli type thing.  She's great to look at, but not much of a live performer.  Again, at least from what I've seen, which is the ONE song she did with Slash.  Not much of a sample, admittedly.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2009, 10:37:04 AM »

I honestly don't have a huge problem with Fergie.  Like I said before, I liked their performance at the Slash and Friends gig.  This one though, was not good.  And from what I've seen of that Nicole chick.  She should do a Milli Vanilli type thing.  She's great to look at, but not much of a live performer.  Again, at least from what I've seen, which is the ONE song she did with Slash.  Not much of a sample, admittedly.

i don't mind Fergie either, she is quite good.

The bigger picture that i try to see is that this is fun for Slash while he doesn't have a band.  I don't think he'd ever start a band with Fergie or Nicole.

This solo album gives him the chance to step outside the box a little.  But, when VR find a singer, it will be back to serious business and we'll see less of Slash and Fergie.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2009, 10:42:03 AM »

That performance kinda sucked but once again I'm surprised by why people are so bothered if he plays with Fergie or whomever. The man
likes to play and he plays with as many people as he can. Why are people bothered whom he plays with or how he became friends with them?
Why care? People seem to be of the opinion that being a rock guitarist, Slash should only play with rock artists. That's kind of lame.

If all guitarists thought the way some of you do, they would have all been stuck in one genre. Guitar God Shawn Lane played Jazz, Rock,
Bebop and a host of other genres including branching out to classical Indian music on guitar before he died.

I kind of like the way he does things. Go out and play a lot, update fans on Twitter and Facebook. Keep the interest high. I don't like all his
performances, but there will be a good one from time to time and that won't happen unless you play with people.

Fuck 'Em All.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2009, 10:48:00 AM »

If Slash never fucks around and plays that intro.. guess what? That song never gets written and would never exist, so lets remember that before bashing away.

Without Slash, u wouldn't have all those great songs and we wouldn't be on here talking about it.

And if Axl didn't beg and plead Slash to incoporate the riff into a song, or record Estranged and November Rain, we wouldn't have those songs period.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2009, 10:49:34 AM »

And if Axl didn't beg and plead Slash to incoporate the riff into a song, or record Estranged and November Rain, we wouldn't have those songs period.

Sorry, but this thread is about Slash, not Axl.   ok

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2009, 10:50:50 AM »

I was merely pointing out Slash didn't volunteer to use that riff in a song..his arm pretty much had to be twisted ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2009, 11:09:34 AM »

I was merely pointing out Slash didn't volunteer to use that riff in a song..his arm pretty much had to be twisted ok

You are right there, and thats why i love Axl. 

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2009, 12:38:23 PM »

what a freak show performance, way to ruin the reputation of a classic tune.

If i were Axl, i'd be pissed.

Chinese Democracy!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2009, 12:54:09 PM »

I don't know MeanBone, this is way better than Buckethead hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2009, 01:06:23 PM »

If Slash never fucks around and plays that intro.. guess what? That song never gets written and would never exist, so lets remember that before bashing away.

Without Slash, u wouldn't have all those great songs and we wouldn't be on here talking about it.

and your point is? Does that somehow minimize his all time great contributions to those songs?

I don't care what Slash does, the work he did in GNR should always be respected by fans. no one else could've wrote what he did for Estranged,NR,SCOM etc

NR is consistently a top 10 all time solo, SCOM is always a top 5 all time riff

u can hate Slash all u want for what he does now, but cool it with the disrespect.

I love how people slag off on Slash and their reasoning being he hasn't done anything since GNR

well, CB was a great fucking CD, sold 2 million in the US, won a grammy and kicks ass

Plus, who cares what SLash has done post GNR? what he did in GNR is more than 99.9999999 percent of any guitar player has accomplished. This isn't a what have u done for me lately type of deal.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 01:08:01 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2009, 01:09:51 PM »

Good Lord guys, reel this in or it's done...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2009, 01:10:57 PM »

Sorry Falcon for the Groundhog's Day thread  hihi

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2009, 01:15:45 PM »

and your point is? Does that somehow minimize his all time great contributions to those songs?

My point is that Axl was able to see the potential and the brilliance in those 3 songs immediately whereas he basically had to drag Slash kicking screaming to the recording studio so those tracks could even be recorded.

I have more respect, and see more talent in someone who is able to recognize brilliance without hesitation, and who then feels compelled to share that brilliance with the world instead of someone who doesn't want to try something new because they personally don't like it, are afraid of looking uncool, or would rather play the same blues-rock songs over and over again.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2009, 01:19:34 PM »

OH, dont get me wrong. Axl is the absolute best at getting the most out of people. I will never ever deny that. So yeah, I give axl credit for pushing Slash to those creative heights but at  the end of the day, Slash still has to come up with it.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2009, 01:26:10 PM »

OH, dont get me wrong. Axl is the absolute best at getting the most out of people. I will never ever deny that. So yeah, I give axl credit for pushing Slash to those creative heights but at  the end of the day, Slash still has to come up with it.

I 100% agree. And that's why it's so heartbreaking for me to listen to anything Slash has done since Guns' because I know he's capable of so much more, and proved as much on my all-time favorite song, Estranged.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2009, 02:31:52 PM »

Sorry if I?m offtopic, but I always thought Slash should perform SCOM with P!NK. The only version of her singing it I could find  is this one. I have to warn you: don?t listen to the music.  Lips Sealed

But her singing is great.  ok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPeFeP0cWV8

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: