Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 06:38:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash & Fergie Perform Sweet Child O' Mine At Rose Bowl; Video
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash & Fergie Perform Sweet Child O' Mine At Rose Bowl; Video  (Read 34730 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2009, 09:24:32 PM »

I'm ashamed that this guy was ever in Guns N' Roses.

I know what you mean even if you have worded it pretty bluntly (so unlike you Jim Bob!  Grin ) . I'm not ashamed of when he was in Guns N Roses, at all, but it is a wee bit embarrassing that this can be seen as an offshoot of the GNR legacy in some way.

maybe I could have worded it a little more eloquently, but thats why you're here to translate for me.  Wink
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2009, 09:56:15 PM »

cant believe I used to admire this guy once...

what an outstanding way of destroying an immortal hard rock hymn

leave GNR songs in peace Slash. go write your own fucking songs and play them with all the nobodies you want.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2009, 10:42:31 PM »

Fergie is so hot.  The audio on Slash's guitar sucked, is it possible his amp sound that weak?  Sounded almost like a fender amp.  And it seemed to only be picking up some of his frequencies on the wah.  Oh well, wasn't too terrible.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2009, 11:05:01 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Ni8mqFdPk

I knew the audio was fucked up, Slash's solo rips on this recording!  D, something was up with that mic or something....

Another version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-_ViDUUiig&NR=1
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 11:07:11 PM by Smoking Guns » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2009, 11:48:43 PM »

That wasn't a very impressive performance.  I'll stray from the normal, "oh my god, why Slash?" comments.  I prefer the Fergie/Slash performance of this song from his Slash and friends gig over the summer.  That one I actually enjoyed watching.  Mostly because Fergie was shaking her ass throughout most of the video and looking damn good doing it.  This one, didn't do it for me.

I could understand Slash playing with Fergie, Nicole, Britney Spears, whoever if he was banging them or getting some on the side but I don't think that's happening.  So I just don't get it. 

In his defense though, he just loves to play, he's friends with Fergie, and he had the opportunity to be a part of the monster U2 show and play in front of a packed stadium.  With all that being said, I still don't like it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2009, 04:48:18 AM »

In his defense though, he just loves to play, he's friends with Fergie, and he had the opportunity to be a part of the monster U2 show and play in front of a packed stadium.  With all that being said, I still don't like it.

Well thats exactly it isnt it?  he loves to play, fergie is obviously friends with him and perla, and he had the chance to play SCOM in front of 100000 people.
Would anyone here say no to that Huh  Maybe some people should think about that for a minute. 

And he has every right to jam on any GNR song he feels like.

Some of you seem to think that musicians don't jam!  If Slash ever joined a band with Fergie, that would be it for me.

But jamming is different.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2009, 06:08:28 AM »

I usually haven't minded Fergie singing this song... but that was just plain awful.  Unfortunately, a lot of the awfulness came from Slash playing the song too slowly with a fucked-up guitar tone.  But Fergie's flat notes didn't help, either.

I would actually love to hear that song sang by Christina Aguilera.

Gotta point out, though... that Slash has said repeatedly how much he hates Sweet Child O' Mine, and how he dislikes playing it.  Would've thought that leaving Guns N' Roses would have given him the perfect oppurtunity to never play it again.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 06:10:48 AM by MrRedfield » Logged
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2009, 06:17:53 AM »

Slash allready said in 1992 (MTV GN'R weekend-video) that he enjoys now playing it and the kids go nuts!

Re-Union time, baby!!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2009, 06:29:55 AM »

that Slash has said repeatedly how much he hates Sweet Child O' Mine,

he hated playing it in the past cos he got too drunk to play it properly.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2009, 06:39:07 AM »

He said he thought it was a stupid song, and he was pissed that it became their biggest.  Anything positive he's said about it has been a grudging respect for its popularity.  He has never said anything to suggest he liked it.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2009, 06:53:24 AM »

He said he thought it was a stupid song, and he was pissed that it became their biggest.  Anything positive he's said about it has been a grudging respect for its popularity.  He has never said anything to suggest he liked it.

I don't think he ever said anything like that.  Were is that quote?
I honestly cant imagine why he'd be playing it if he hated it.

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2009, 07:35:25 AM »

here is a 57sec good quality videoclip from

May 1992 - Prague
(broadcasted as part of the MTV GN'R weekend ~2 weeks later)

where Slash talks about "Sweet Child O' Mine":

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pzike4
May_1992_Slash_on_SCOM.wmv - 20mb

feel free to upload it on youtube etc.!

Re-Union time, baby!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2009, 08:15:58 AM »

Slash did WRITE Sweet Child, so let's don't act like he isn't allowed to play it

So saying he should write his "OWN" songs really isn't fair and could be used in the same way against u.

If Slash never fucks around and plays that intro.. guess what? That song never gets written and would never exist, so lets remember that before bashing away.

Without Slash, u wouldn't have all those great songs and we wouldn't be on here talking about it.

so even though Im not a fan of this... He can do it if he chooses.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2009, 08:20:21 AM »

D, surely you can agree though, that this is ONLY jamming.
If Slash formed a band with Fergie or Nicole, that would be totally different and i would hate that.
BUT, he has no band at the moment and probably just enjoys jamming.

alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2009, 08:46:20 AM »

Don't like this version at all. Thought that he used to hate this song... he didn't look like he was enjoying the moment, the LP sounded weak...
+Rocker+
I want to hea... have Slash's baby
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2009, 08:59:11 AM »

He used to hate in what it had become and what represented. but with time he learnt to value it. That's a bit funny, because, the Riff and guitar solo are one of the best Slash'work ever. Well, Slash's things  hihi
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 09:01:22 AM by +Rocker+ » Logged

I love you Axl, but I'm also one of "those" Slash supporters haha...
www.rockinslashforum.com
Soon: www.rockin-slash.com
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2009, 09:01:39 AM »

He used to hate in what it had become and what represented. but with time he learnt to value it. That's a bit funny, because, the Riff and guitar solo are one of the best Slash'work ever.

Its one of them things when you're a musician, people always want you to play something like SCOM.
I play the guitar and my dad always requests me to play "stairway".  I got so sick of playing the dam thing!  Yet its still great cos people love it

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2009, 09:21:38 AM »

D, surely you can agree though, that this is ONLY jamming.
If Slash formed a band with Fergie or Nicole, that would be totally different and i would hate that.
BUT, he has no band at the moment and probably just enjoys jamming.
I just find it strange that he's become such good friends with Fergie, and apparently the Pussycat Dolls.  How did that happen?  Is he just picking artists that are at the top of the "pop" world to try to enhance his own image?  If he was jamming with people from the "rock" world it wouldn't be as questionable.  But this just makes me wonder.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2009, 09:56:35 AM »

thing about me is, I don't excuse anybody for stuff I dont agree with

I think Fergie,BEP and Pussycat dolls are whats wrong with music today it is just complete shit.

Slash playing with them doesnt make it cool

now Im not one of these people that holds stuff against someone.. He is still my fave guitar player but when he does shit I don't agree with, like anybody else, i will be the first to say it.

If Axl did a duet with BEP or Fergie which he never would, but just saying, I would think it was lame also.

+

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2009, 09:59:44 AM »

thing about me is, I don't excuse anybody for stuff I dont agree with

I think Fergie,BEP and Pussycat dolls are whats wrong with music today it is just complete shit.

Slash playing with them doesnt make it cool

now Im not one of these people that holds stuff against someone.. He is still my fave guitar player but when he does shit I don't agree with, like anybody else, i will be the first to say it.

If Axl did a duet with BEP or Fergie which he never would, but just saying, I would think it was lame also.

+

what about when he played w elton john after writing one in a million?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: