Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:00:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N? Roses set for Chinese Democracy world tour kerrang.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N? Roses set for Chinese Democracy world tour kerrang.com  (Read 5855 times)
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2009, 08:44:13 AM »

i think so...

there's no real indication of that happening. as far as i know, GN'R weren't being considered for the Lisbon Edition of the festival a couple of weeks ago. but things do change, so who knows.

But that site alone is no reason for us to believe gn'r will be in the festival because of two simple reasons.

A) no headliner has been announced yet

B) Anyone could've posted that information on that site, because it's not linked in any way to the organization of the festival and it's more wishful thinking than anything else. The bands they say are just bands that played RIR Before, so i wouldn't read too much into that.

Chinese Democracy!
GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2009, 08:59:12 AM »

I would rather see GN'R on a STADIUM tour instead of festivals.

It's embarrassing to see GN'R and Ivete Sangalo at the same showbill.

And i's even more embarrassing to see that Ivete Sangalo can get more public than GN'R

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2009, 09:10:49 AM »

I would rather see GN'R on a STADIUM tour instead of festivals.

That's right. Altough I'd be happy to see them anywhere, but if I could choose it would be arenas/stadiums.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2009, 02:26:47 PM »

For as much as I like to say how much GnR has a huge fan base in Brazil - and it does, we can sell out stadiums - I prefer if they played smaller venues with more dates - like the Canadian dates. It's a really intelligent choice!

In Brazil, our stadiums were built for soccer and only two/three of them have structure to host a concert as big as GnR, so asking Guns to do stadiums here would mean asking them to do only S?o Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. All other stadiums are terrible for concerts. For example, Axl wouldn't want to play Belo Horizonte's "Mineir?o" Stadium knowing the fame it has to have awfully bad audio spread. This is something the concert promoters in Brazil are aware of and now they prefer to get the international bands to play mini-tours, doing arenas with 10 to 20,000 people capacity, playing a lot more dates throughout the country.

1 - It is more profitable than the traditional two stadium concerts for them;
2 - A lot more people get to go to the concert (not everyone can afford to go to S?o Paulo or Rio just to see a band);
3 - A smaller venue means fans get closer to the band, have a better stage view, have more comfort and a better overall experience.

The advantages are many to both sides so why not? Why be bragging about us being capable of selling out stadiums, if stadium concerts are a worse experience, not accessible to everyone in the country, and our promoters are all for doing the mini-tours instead?

I'd say leave the stadiums for the festivals, and bring Guns to do a mini-tour in Brazil like they're doing in Canada  ok

peka80
Headliner

Living easy, livin' free!!!

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2009, 02:34:47 PM »

This is great news for us in Europe! Smiley Hope it will be announced soon, and yes I agree that touring Europe during summer and play at festivals makes much more sense!   ok

So, I really hope this will be chance for my home festival EXIT!  peace

Funny how everything was roses
When we held on to the guns
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2009, 02:44:47 PM »

For as much as I like to say how much GnR has a huge fan base in Brazil - and it does, we can sell out stadiums - I prefer if they played smaller venues with more dates - like the Canadian dates. It's a really intelligent choice!

In Brazil, our stadiums were built for soccer and only two/three of them have structure to host a concert as big as GnR, so asking Guns to do stadiums here would mean asking them to do only S?o Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. All other stadiums are terrible for concerts. For example, Axl wouldn't want to play Belo Horizonte's "Mineir?o" Stadium knowing the fame it has to have awfully bad audio spread. This is something the concert promoters in Brazil are aware of and now they prefer to get the international bands to play mini-tours, doing arenas with 10 to 20,000 people capacity, playing a lot more dates throughout the country.

1 - It is more profitable than the traditional two stadium concerts for them;
2 - A lot more people get to go to the concert (not everyone can afford to go to S?o Paulo or Rio just to see a band);
3 - A smaller venue means fans get closer to the band, have a better stage view, have more comfort and a better overall experience.

The advantages are many to both sides so why not? Why be bragging about us being capable of selling out stadiums, if stadium concerts are a worse experience, not accessible to everyone in the country, and our promoters are all for doing the mini-tours instead?

I'd say leave the stadiums for the festivals, and bring Guns to do a mini-tour in Brazil like they're doing in Canada  ok

Well, they don't need to play in stadiums  to play for big crowds.
I don't know in Belo Horizonte, but here in Sao Paulo we have Interlagos, that's much bigger than Morumbi Stadium (the only shit it's if it rain, soo,  it would be like "Lame" Maiden concert). And ir Rio there's the City of Rock.
But again, it still on the SP-Rio thing
helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2009, 03:02:02 PM »

Exactly, only Rio and S?o Paulo... I know a lot of GnR fans from here (Belo Horizonte, which is relatively close to SP/Rio) but also a lot from the northeast and north of Brazil who really can't afford to get to the southeast to watch a Guns concert. Only a few 100 or so will go through all this effort of traveling - while if Guns goes to their cities they will sell out a 10,000 seats arena in a flash. It's like asking someone who lives in Florida to attend a concert in California. It's way too far. Just look at the map. Guns would never do one only concert in the U.S., so why do it this way here?

Brazil is not that economically crippled country anymore, our promoters can afford to have international bands do mini-tours here.

UK SUBS
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2009, 06:09:48 PM »

Only speculation at this point but god, that would be a great Chistmas present! ok yes
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: