Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:21:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Likelihood of US Dates?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Likelihood of US Dates?  (Read 14116 times)
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2009, 07:53:11 PM »

I hope they play in Seattle, last time they played in Everett which was a little bit of unusual, but oh well, its only half an hour away
I was at that show as well, in fact last time I saw them.  I remember it making the "Everett Herald" regarding some people being offended by the opening acts due to the fact they brought children with them.  It was ridiculous to say the least.  Seattle or Everett or where ever, I'll be there for sure.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2009, 08:23:00 PM »

I'd much rather see a hometown show in frugly Buffalo, that have to travel in weather

haha join the club on that one!  smoking
when they tour the US you should be alright though;
they'll definitely have shows in Ohio & Pennsylvania so you can make it to gigs even if they don't drop into Buffalo.

Yea thats what i'll be doing
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2009, 09:53:04 AM »

I hope they play in Seattle, last time they played in Everett which was a little bit of unusual, but oh well, its only half an hour away
I was at that show as well, in fact last time I saw them.  I remember it making the "Everett Herald" regarding some people being offended by the opening acts due to the fact they brought children with them. 

Sex Education and a Guns N' Roses show all in one hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2009, 09:56:25 AM »

I was at that show as well, in fact last time I saw them.  I remember it making the "Everett Herald" regarding some people being offended by the opening acts due to the fact they brought children with them. 

Sex Education and a Guns N' Roses show all in one hihi

I think your signature has a few typos there
Regibold
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2009, 12:43:54 PM »

Likelihood of U.S. dates? Uhhhhh.....don't hold your breath! J/K What I think is going on and what is are 2 different things. BUT....I'm gonna say that geographically Guns MAY have more of a draw in Canada and Europe than here in the mighty U.S. unfortunately. So maybe Axl isn't making the U.S. a top priority?Huh
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2009, 01:28:27 PM »

I have to say it is odd that GnR would skate around Canada, without dropping in on some of the neighboring US cities, at the very least.  I am holding out hope for a Buffalo or Albany NY date.
maby because they sell out shows here in canada. they have a hard time filling arenas in the US unless  miley cirus or the jonus brothers are opening lol thats how bad things are getting there.

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
sandman
Legend

« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2009, 02:08:16 PM »

there is a big misunderstanding about GnR's popularity and ability to sell out arenas in the U.S.

there were SEVERAL packed stadiums during the 2002 and 2006 tours. the problem was that they played alot of shows, and there were a number of examples of multiple shows being played within 100 miles of each other.

sure, in some small towns on week nights attendence may have been low. but make no mistake, gnr is a huge draw in the U.S. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2009, 02:30:41 PM »

there is a big misunderstanding about GnR's popularity and ability to sell out arenas in the U.S.

there were SEVERAL packed stadiums during the 2002 and 2006 tours. the problem was that they played alot of shows, and there were a number of examples of multiple shows being played within 100 miles of each other.

sure, in some small towns on week nights attendence may have been low. but make no mistake, gnr is a huge draw in the U.S. 

True.

The ones who keep bringing this up aren't interested in facts.

Same thing with the Canadian tour. It's all "the shows aren't selling" when in fact they have no clue and/or don't bother with the fact that there are more shows for the Canadian fans to choose from than on previous tours.

You have to wonder. Do these people prefer a shorter tour with less shows or a longer one where more fans actually have a chance of seeing the band? Meaning, fans don't have to travel to see the band.

First alternative would be met with "This sucks, they're not coming anywhere close to me" or "I didn't manage to get tickets. This sucks!" and the second one is the obvious "the shows aren't selling out".  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2009, 02:37:49 PM »

True.

Same thing with the Canadian tour. It's all "the shows aren't selling" when in fact they have no clue and/or don't bother with the fact that there are more shows for the Canadian fans to choose from than on previous tours.

You have to wonder. Do these people prefer a shorter tour with less shows or a longer one where more fans actually have a chance of seeing the band? Meaning, fans don't have to travel to see the band.

First alternative would be met with "This sucks, they're not coming anywhere close to me" or "I didn't manage to get tickets. This sucks!" and the second one is the obvious "the shows aren't selling out".  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

they can sell out in NYC in minutes
sandman
Legend

« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2009, 03:22:01 PM »

True.

/jarmo

bingo. i know what i prefer. i saw them a few times in early 2006, then was able to see them on a friday night at MSG, and that monday in baltimore (where i ran into you at the bar). 2 kick-ass shows less than 2 hours from my house, and there was a 3rd in the NYC area a couple days prior.

and that baltimore show had a good sized crowd, especially when you consider it's a smaller market and it was a monday night.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2009, 03:45:22 PM »

I was at that show as well, in fact last time I saw them.  I remember it making the "Everett Herald" regarding some people being offended by the opening acts due to the fact they brought children with them.  It was ridiculous to say the least.  Seattle or Everett or where ever, I'll be there for sure.

Awesome! S'more Seattlite Guns fans. I dig it. I was at the Everett Show as well, and it still stands as one of the great moments in my life. It probably isn't in the pantheon of all time GNR shows, but it was great to me.

But I'm with you guys here, I'll take Everett, I'll take Seattle, Tacoma, Vancouver (BC), Portland, SF, Vegas...anything on the west coast will do. I'm dying over here guys. dying.
GNR 1991
Opening Act

« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2009, 05:25:44 PM »

Firstly, it's good to be on this forum. You may have seen me on mygnr. Anyways..

It should be understood that in 2006, the last US tour, GN'R didn't book shows in some of the biggest markets in the US. They left out New Orleans, Denver, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Phoenix, Oklahoma City, Philadelphia (obvious reasons) and St. Louis (obvious reasons). I have a feeling if these cities were on the itinerary, I believe a majority of those cities would sell out. Based on the curiosity factor alone. I mean when was the last time GN'R played New Orleans?

As for me, I'm trying to buy plane tickets for the Montreal show, but I'm hoping the band returns to the Bay Area. Oakland or Frisco would be ideal for me.
charl!edontsurf
Rocker

Axl doesn't surf either...

« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2009, 05:50:10 PM »

GnR did not sell out MSG in 2006.

VAN: 11-7-2002 (RIOT!)
TACOMA: 11-8-2002
LONDON: 6-7-2006
DUBLIN: 6-9-2006
PARIS: 6-20-2006
ZURICH: 7-1-2006
CGY: 12-6-2006
EDM: 12-7-2006
CGY: 1-16-2010
EDM: 1-17-2010
SEA: 12-16-2011
VAN:
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2009, 05:59:11 PM »

Based on?

A few days after it went on sale you could only get single seats in the 300 levels.

Then only a few days after that: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1718

I certainly hope you're not basing this on something as trivial as the fact that there were tickets on sale a few days before the show.

I managed to get great tickets for U2's sold out show here in Sweden last summer. Two days before it happened. The show had been sold out for months before that.

They just released more tickets because the stage was being built, they could open more sections that were blocked earlier.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2009, 07:00:39 PM »

Based on?

A few days after it went on sale you could only get single seats in the 300 levels.

Then only a few days after that: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1718

I certainly hope you're not basing this on something as trivial as the fact that there were tickets on sale a few days before the show.

I managed to get great tickets for U2's sold out show here in Sweden last summer. Two days before it happened. The show had been sold out for months before that.

They just released more tickets because the stage was being built, they could open more sections that were blocked earlier.

/jarmo

have to agree w jarmo on this;

and earlier in may people were lining up hours before the hammerstein shows ok
-------------------------------
i saw the length of the lines to get in and the time of day (about 3 hours before the doors opened) and went straight to the bars for a few hours; arrived around 10:30 (i think) and managed to just catch them open up w/ WTTJ hihi
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2009, 07:08:28 PM »

Based on?

/jarmo

That was exactly my argument earlier for why checking ticket availability on Ticketmaster is not the best method for gauging sales.  More and more tickets often get released as a date approaches, either because more seats open up, or those held for VIPs or whatever other reason are opened up.

Ali
charl!edontsurf
Rocker

Axl doesn't surf either...

« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2009, 07:56:27 PM »

I was looking at flying to New York to see the show in 2006 and I could pull tickets, in sets of two, on Ticketmaster for a week leading up to the show. I was getting anything from Upper Bowl to Side Stage. The timing just didn't work out for me.

I also remember fan reviews stating there was a smattering of empty seats around.

Of course, I'm sure it was 95+ percent sold and I'm not even sure how to go about "proving" this fact, but nevertheless tickets were readily available, albeit in minute quantities. No big deal.

VAN: 11-7-2002 (RIOT!)
TACOMA: 11-8-2002
LONDON: 6-7-2006
DUBLIN: 6-9-2006
PARIS: 6-20-2006
ZURICH: 7-1-2006
CGY: 12-6-2006
EDM: 12-7-2006
CGY: 1-16-2010
EDM: 1-17-2010
SEA: 12-16-2011
VAN:
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2009, 08:06:16 PM »

I was looking at flying to New York to see the show in 2006 and I could pull tickets, in sets of two, on Ticketmaster for a week leading up to the show. I was getting anything from Upper Bowl to Side Stage. The timing just didn't work out for me.

I also remember fan reviews stating there was a smattering of empty seats around.

Of course, I'm sure it was 95+ percent sold and I'm not even sure how to go about "proving" this fact, but nevertheless tickets were readily available, albeit in minute quantities. No big deal.

The empty seats argument holds no weight because when referring to sales, you are talking about PAID attendance, not actual attendance.  So the # of empty seats is not reflective of sales, necessarily.

Again, as Jarmo and I just said, more tickets are often released as the date of a show approaches.  Hence, your ability to get seats in the week leading up to the show.

Ali
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2009, 11:17:09 PM »

Who sits down at a GNR show?  Of course there were empty seats.  Did these people count the number of concertgoers standing and compare that to the number of seats in the building?  I wasn't in my seat, I went to join friends of mine who were closer to the stage, and we stood the whole time.  I guess I wasn't at the concert then, since my seat was empty.

Tickets for any event are released in weeks/days leading up to shows.  It's nothing new.  You just have to catch it at the right time, or find something that works for you.  Doesn't take away from the fact that some shows are "sold out" despite that being the case.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2009, 12:44:53 AM »

The empty seats argument holds no weight because when referring to sales, you are talking about PAID attendance, not actual attendance.  So the # of empty seats is not reflective of sales, necessarily.

Again, as Jarmo and I just said, more tickets are often released as the date of a show approaches.  Hence, your ability to get seats in the week leading up to the show.

Ali
And don't forget that many tickets go unsold through Ebay and StubHub that were "sold" already. I've been to many events that were sold out where there were lots of seats empty due to the scalpers being unable to unload their tickets at the last minute.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: