Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:33:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Likelihood of US Dates?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Likelihood of US Dates?  (Read 14181 times)
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2009, 12:16:01 PM »

A US Tour would be dumb.
Bring on the South America Tour  ok
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2009, 12:17:15 PM »

People should probably be happy that they're touring at all. Hopefully a good sign of things to come. It was looking pretty bleak there about 5 months ago.
Amen!

How many (edit: Major) Bands play Stockholm but skip Oslo? 

Many!

Or play Copenhagen and skip Stockholm, Helsinki and Oslo.
I'll have to concede that point...I really had no idea!  I was trying to find a (local to you) comparison to Buffalo/Toronto off the top of my head.

There's buses from Buffalo, Syracuse and New York City to Toronto every single day.
Really?  Do they have flights, too?  Come on dude...hopefully you get the point of an ALL GnR fan bus ride?  Greyhound frowns on partying...plus door to door service is a plus.  As for passports, Habs/Bruins & St. Cathrines St. wasn't worth the price/hassle of a passport (or fancy license) for me...but GnR would definately be.

I couldn't care less where they play...I am psyched that they are touring! peace

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2009, 12:18:37 PM »

Yeah, there's probably flights too but they'd probably be twice as much as a bus ticket.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
charl!edontsurf
Rocker

Axl doesn't surf either...

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2009, 12:50:39 PM »

Wow. Buffalo is ridiculously close to Hamilton (100km!). Toronto is only another 75km away from Hamilton. I don't see the problem here... Drive the hour to see them in Hamilton. GnR fans around the world would kill to be an HOUR away from a show. It's also a good chance to leave Buffalo.  hihi

What's the drawback of getting a passport?! See the world. There's a lot more out there than fugly Buffalo. I know Americans are insular and tend to never leave the country, but come on! AN HOUR! It's $45 dollars if you've never had a passport and $20 to renew an expired one. Small price to pay considering GnR might not even tour the US. It seems to me that if you're posting on a message board, you're most likely a big enough fan to commit to the above.

VAN: 11-7-2002 (RIOT!)
TACOMA: 11-8-2002
LONDON: 6-7-2006
DUBLIN: 6-9-2006
PARIS: 6-20-2006
ZURICH: 7-1-2006
CGY: 12-6-2006
EDM: 12-7-2006
CGY: 1-16-2010
EDM: 1-17-2010
SEA: 12-16-2011
VAN:
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2009, 01:10:52 PM »

Ticketmast had a posting of "GN'R Canadian dates w/ theband teasing at more dates".
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2009, 02:20:17 PM »

Wow. Buffalo is ridiculously close to Hamilton (100km!). Toronto is only another 75km away from Hamilton. I don't see the problem here... Drive the hour to see them in Hamilton. GnR fans around the world would kill to be an HOUR away from a show. It's also a good chance to leave Buffalo.  hihi

What's the drawback of getting a passport?! See the world. There's a lot more out there than fugly Buffalo. I know Americans are insular and tend to never leave the country, but come on! AN HOUR! It's $45 dollars if you've never had a passport and $20 to renew an expired one. Small price to pay considering GnR might not even tour the US. It seems to me that if you're posting on a message board, you're most likely a big enough fan to commit to the above.

Because i've already went to canada to see GNR, and i'm boycotting the need for a passport to travel there now, its ridiclous(not blaming the people of canada or GNR for that, but my own government)

I'd much rather see a hometown show in frugly Buffalo, that have to travel in weather
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2009, 02:42:27 PM »

if i were you i'd see both the Hamilton show and the Toronto one with no hesitation and then wait for a possible show in the home town.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2009, 03:54:01 PM »

if i were you i'd see both the Hamilton show and the Toronto one with no hesitation and then wait for a possible show in the home town.

Trust me man i'd LOVE to... My upcoming morgtage payments tell me not to
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 04:18:07 PM by Mr. 3000 » Logged
charl!edontsurf
Rocker

Axl doesn't surf either...

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2009, 04:34:20 PM »

I wouldn't get your hopes up about a US tour. Canada isn't selling particularily well:

You can get FLOOR seats still for every show except Hamilton, Toronto, Calgary and Edmonton.

In Toronto and Hamilton, you can still get great tickets in the lower bowl very close to the stage. Calgary and Edmonton appears to be selling the best with only upper bowl left. In Saskatchewan and Manitoba, ticket sales appear anemic.

This is all just taken from searching for tickets off Ticketmaster.ca. Keep in mind that in Edmonton and Calgary, shows generally sell out in minutes. KISS, Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, Kings of Leon, etc. all sold out extremely fast. We'll have to check Ticketmaster on Monday and check the status again.

VAN: 11-7-2002 (RIOT!)
TACOMA: 11-8-2002
LONDON: 6-7-2006
DUBLIN: 6-9-2006
PARIS: 6-20-2006
ZURICH: 7-1-2006
CGY: 12-6-2006
EDM: 12-7-2006
CGY: 1-16-2010
EDM: 1-17-2010
SEA: 12-16-2011
VAN:
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2009, 04:48:18 PM »

I wouldn't get your hopes up about a US tour. Canada isn't selling particularily well:

You can get FLOOR seats still for every show except Hamilton, Toronto, Calgary and Edmonton.

In Toronto and Hamilton, you can still get great tickets in the lower bowl very close to the stage. Calgary and Edmonton appears to be selling the best with only upper bowl left. In Saskatchewan and Manitoba, ticket sales appear anemic.

This is all just taken from searching for tickets off Ticketmaster.ca. Keep in mind that in Edmonton and Calgary, shows generally sell out in minutes. KISS, Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, Kings of Leon, etc. all sold out extremely fast. We'll have to check Ticketmaster on Monday and check the status again.

I don't think your method is the most accurate for gauging sales.  It's not even November yet and the shows aren't until January.  2nd, Ticketmaster always releases batches of tickets as the date approaches for a show, so just because you find seats available that doesn't mean that the show as a whole has not sold well.

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2009, 04:59:25 PM »

Thanks for your "scientific research".  Tongue

I don't remember if the Canadian 2006 shows sold out within minutes either.....

I don't get the obsession with selling out venues. Sure it's great when they do.

But look at the facts. There's multiple shows to choose from. People don't need to necessarily travel to see a show, GN'R is coming to see them!

The "downside" of that is, we have people saying shit like "the show didn't sell out today".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2009, 05:02:49 PM »

I don't get the obsession with selling out venues. Sure it's great when they do.

But look at the facts. There's multiple shows to choose from. People don't need to necessarily travel to see a show, GN'R is coming to see them!

The "downside" of that is, we have people saying shit like "the show didn't sell out today".

/jarmo

On the note of sales, if people really want to go there, I suggest they check out this:

Guns and Roses Ticket Sales Going "Very Well"
Band promoting 'Chinese Democracy': Its first album in over 15 years

Reported By Mike Raptis
Posted October 23, 2009 - 2:36pm

Ticket sales for the upcoming Guns N' Roses concert are going "very well", says a representative of Evraz Place Ticketmaster.

The January 20th show at the Brandt Centre still has good seats available, but Ticketmaster is "very pleased" with the sales thus far.

While there wasn't any G n R pandemonium at the box office this morning, a few fans decided to show up and buy their tickets the old fashioned way.
"We're very excited... seeing the band come to Regina," said a couple of Guns and Roses fans - with their tickets in hand.

http://www.newstalk650.com

Ali
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 05:20:28 PM by jarmo » Logged
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2009, 05:11:17 PM »

For me selling out arenas mean nothing - it is about the show itself and the experience.  I have been to arena shows that isnt full to capacity but the show was still excellent.

It will be interesting to see how the credit crunch affects attendances generally.  Will people be more careful in spending money to go to concerts or will they see it as a once in a lifetime / escape from the negative day to day.

I know which one I will choose Wink

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2009, 05:25:14 PM »

Sales could get a boost from a new single, video, interviews.  Not sure we'll get any of that, but I'm sure it would help.  That article sounds pretty positive.  I hope if/when they tour the US it's easy "for me" to get good seats.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2009, 05:29:55 PM »

/jarmo

Exactly based on how the Saskatoon and Regina shows have sold so far today if GnR was just playing Saskatoon it would be sold out.  (It is very rare that any bands play both cities so I am impressed GnR is hitting up both locations and very happy about it.)  
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2009, 05:51:08 PM »

/jarmo

Exactly based on how the Saskatoon and Regina shows have sold so far today if GnR was just playing Saskatoon it would be sold out.  (It is very rare that any bands play both cities so I am impressed GnR is hitting up both locations and very happy about it.)  
Part of me would love them to sell out every show and get rave reviews.  BUT, that would make tickets much harder to get.  So selfishly I hope they continue this trend of scheduling multiple shows in certain regions.  I would try to take full advantage if/when they tour the northeast in the US.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2009, 08:51:17 PM »

The show has been onsale for what? like a few days? it will do fine

Kiss hasn't sold out Atlanta yet. Last time I searched on Ticketmaster, u could still get decent lower arena seats.

I do think a successful Asian and Canadian trek could lead to big things though. I, of course, see Europe or S America after Canada and US in July/Aug

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2009, 12:51:02 AM »

Actually SK is selling extremely well when you consider both those cities have only 200 000 people in each one and in Regina the lower and upper bowl sides are sold out just the back and then floor are available.  If GnR was only playing Regina or Saskatoon based on the tickets sold so far the venue would be sold out. 

Often floor does not sell out right away because it is usually the young crowd that buys those and to many of them concern themselves with no Slash in the band to actually understand that they have a chance to see the greatest rock and roll band. 

Having gone to a VR show and a GnR show in 2006 I gotta say I think the current GnR lineup is far more entertaining and exciting then the old band.  Also watching some of the shows from 2006 on youtube you can see Axl is having fun up there on stage and the crowd is having a great time which is all that matters. 

RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2009, 01:01:18 AM »

I'd much rather see a hometown show in frugly Buffalo, that have to travel in weather

haha join the club on that one!  smoking
when they tour the US you should be alright though;
they'll definitely have shows in Ohio & Pennsylvania so you can make it to gigs even if they don't drop into Buffalo.

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2009, 06:24:00 PM »

I hope they play in Seattle, last time they played in Everett which was a little bit of unusual, but oh well, its only half an hour away

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: