Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:27:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Likelihood of US Dates?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Likelihood of US Dates?  (Read 14126 times)
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: October 21, 2009, 02:06:01 PM »

Hey All,

I live in the Pacific Northwest of the US, and I am sitting here wondering if I might be getting to see my favorite band play anywhere near me, anytime soon.

I don't have a ton of money, so flying out to see them at one of the current tour stops is probably out for me, as much as I may want to.

What do you think are the chances of them adding any US tour dates?
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 02:38:04 PM »

My gut feeling says it's pretty damn likely. I decided not to fly to a Canadian show and hold off to possibly see multiple US shows....I hope I'm right!!! haha.

Axl is God.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 02:38:57 PM »

Lots of issues to be worked out there with promoters I would think. Recent track record of completing US tours hasn't been good. Also, I don't think US venues are real big on the late start times.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 02:57:23 PM »

What about... a B.C. Show? (bracing myself)
Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 02:58:58 PM »

And I'm as sure as I can be that they will tour the states. When I look back at 06, they were doing Europe (I believe) and I had to struggle with "Fly over or wait". Well, I waited and to my luck they played two SF shows, tons of LA shows and even came back to the bay later. Point is, don't beat yourself over for not going to the Canadian shows. Once they get rolling, I am sure we will hear of some shows here.  beer
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 03:04:36 PM by jarmo » Logged
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 03:27:54 PM »

I'm blessed with a show within 2 hours driving distance from me to I'll probably be going to London ONT for sure. Even if a US date near me is announced before that, I'll go ahead and head to the great white north to catch the tour early.

If there is a US tour, I'd LOVE for GN'R to swing through or around Detroit in the summer! I've never had the pleasure of seeing GN'R in the summer!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 03:33:28 PM »

I'm blessed with a show within 2 hours driving distance from me to I'll probably be going to London ONT for sure. Even if a US date near me is announced before that, I'll go ahead and head to the great white north to catch the tour early.

If there is a US tour, I'd LOVE for GN'R to swing through or around Detroit in the summer! I've never had the pleasure of seeing GN'R in the summer!

I think Axl likes the winter, haha. In '93 I saw them in March. In '02 I saw them in November, and in '06 in September and December.

Axl is God.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 03:51:16 PM »

I think Axl likes the winter, haha. In '93 I saw them in March. In '02 I saw them in November, and in '06 in September and December.

Maybe it's because in Europe GN'R gets bigger audience and can play stadium shows, so they play Europe in the summer time. In the US they play arenas anyway, so they can do it in the winter..

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 05:16:04 PM »

Next time GN'R comes back home to L.A. we will party. Can't wait. Unless Axl decides to stop touring for awhile to get us a new album ASAP... then I could wait. But anytime the dude of dudes want's to rock L.A. again I will always be there on California's finest greens ready to rock out to GN'R.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 10:17:12 PM »

What about... a B.C. Show? (bracing myself)

Ya really, luckly for me I havn't moved to BC yet....GNR LIVE 2010.......a time to be happy to be living in Ontario !!

I guess the incident in Vancouver still looms, can't see what else would stop them from playing there? That sucks.
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2009, 10:51:36 PM »

It would be nice to see them do a some dates in the US after Canada in February.  That is what I am hoping for.  It might make logistical sense if they plan on touring more after Canada.  Maybe the US then Mexico, etc.  Then they could do some cool festivals in Europe in the Summer.  But who knows...  Would love to see them play anywhere.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2009, 11:07:46 PM »

I Believe What... GNR Play In SOUTH AMERICA In November - December 2010.

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
cineater
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 12:07:33 AM »

They should be there in January

but nooooo

they want to go freeze their butts off in Canada.   hihi

We'll see who's bitching in January.  Irv will probably get fired if Axl spends another two hours trying to get through the snow to the show.

Could have been playing in the nice, warm sun down south.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 08:31:36 AM »

They should be there in January

but nooooo

they want to go freeze their butts off in Canada.   hihi

We'll see who's bitching in January.  Irv will probably get fired if Axl spends another two hours trying to get through the snow to the show.

Could have been playing in the nice, warm sun down south.
It gives them the opportunity to add some winter to their wardrobe lol...besides Ron already has the perfect hat, you know the fuzzy one he sometimes wears ok.  I'm sure they will eventually make it your way to warm up in the nicer weather.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 08:34:42 AM »

I guess the incident in Vancouver still looms, can't see what else would stop them from playing there? That sucks.

Must be, but you'd think Montreal would be the same thing cause that was alot worse... But that happened so long ago compared to Vancouver
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 10:20:25 AM »

Lots of issues to be worked out there with promoters I would think. Recent track record of completing US tours hasn't been good. Also, I don't think US venues are real big on the late start times.

Um, were you in a  coma for the 2006 American tour?

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 10:31:17 AM »

Um, were you in a  coma for the 2006 American tour?

See original quote

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 10:33:48 AM »

Must be, but you'd think Montreal would be the same thing cause that was alot worse... But that happened so long ago compared to Vancouver

Good point.  Gives me just a sliver of hope that I might be able to see them in St. Louis next year! 
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 10:39:33 AM »

someone pointed out that the olympics maybe can have something to do with it
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 10:44:19 AM »

I Like What GNR Play In:

Kansas, Boston, Philly, Atlanta, Miami, Albany...

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: