Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 10:19:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Canada eh? - Canadian tour in Jan-Feb 2010
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Canada eh? - Canadian tour in Jan-Feb 2010  (Read 193316 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #460 on: October 20, 2009, 12:02:33 PM »

Why not do a 360 degree view stage like U2/Metallica? Grin
then axl couldn't run behind the stage and get some oxygine nor change clothes  smoking
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #461 on: October 20, 2009, 12:52:42 PM »

then axl couldn't run behind the stage and get some oxygine nor change clothes  smoking

i think i read somewhere that there was a booth for that in the corner of the stage at some show in 2002.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #462 on: October 20, 2009, 12:53:03 PM »

HBK, you need to stop.

CheapJon -- he could always just go behind the magic curtain and do it quick?
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #463 on: October 20, 2009, 01:05:36 PM »

HBK, you need to stop.
Axl Rose has revealed...
This Is Important COTIS...
buddy, is there a press release or is it on the website? if it's not, then where has axl revealed it?

If Axl had revealed anything, then trust me, HBK would have posted and re-posted it a million times, copy and pasting the same article over and over from each and every blog/second-rate news website he can find on Google News links.......

Wink

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #464 on: October 20, 2009, 01:07:45 PM »

HBK, you need to stop.

CheapJon -- he could always just go behind the magic curtain and do it quick?

That's strange friend ...

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #465 on: October 20, 2009, 01:09:01 PM »

na just a booth on stage.

HBK is unstoppable.

@ HBK i admire your passion.
to be even cooler you better not post the same article by different sites again and again.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #466 on: October 20, 2009, 01:13:50 PM »

I wonder if the stage set up will be the same in the Asian shows as in Canada? These are very different size venues right?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #467 on: October 20, 2009, 01:16:49 PM »

the Seoul show seems to be about the same size to many of Canada ones.
+Rocker+
I want to hea... have Slash's baby
Rocker

« Reply #468 on: October 20, 2009, 02:11:05 PM »

I was not aware about this..Quebec, Damned Quebec, I had the oportunity to go to Quebec this year but I didn't took it, well, I couldn't anyway. 

Welcome back dear Axl  : ok:p
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 02:14:02 PM by +Rocker+ » Logged

I love you Axl, but I'm also one of "those" Slash supporters haha...
www.rockinslashforum.com
Soon: www.rockin-slash.com
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #469 on: October 20, 2009, 02:11:22 PM »

I wonder if the stage set up will be the same in the Asian shows as in Canada? These are very different size venues right?

Most of them are comparable as far as stage size. The bigger the venue, the bigger the stage you could have - but I'm assuming GNR is using the same/similar stage setup as 06.

That's most likely why they aren't changing to centre stage etc. Also, I'm not huge on centre stage as then for half the show, half the band is facing away from you/out of sight. End stage, you see everything, all the time. The video screens are an issue as well (you'd need an extra set at least for a 360 stage set up).

All in all - they've played most of these venues before so it's not really an issue. Smaller the market, smaller the venue, smaller the size. Other than that things are pretty similar. Smaller shows sometimes have better energy though.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #470 on: October 20, 2009, 02:21:54 PM »

It is important though that the band add credence by putting these dates on their official website. An official announcement would be even better.

Why is it "important"?  It didn't seem to make any difference for the last tour.  A lot of the North American shows were first announced elsewhere and then appeared on gnr.com.

Maybe this is a way to give those radio stations a chance to create some hype for the shows.

I did not mean what I said in a negative way. It's a hearts and minds exercise; if you get an announcement out there, then a wider audience gets to read about what is happening and it gets them interested in GN'R again.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #471 on: October 20, 2009, 02:24:21 PM »

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #472 on: October 20, 2009, 02:46:09 PM »

It is important though that the band add credence by putting these dates on their official website. An official announcement would be even better.

Why is it "important"?  It didn't seem to make any difference for the last tour.  A lot of the North American shows were first announced elsewhere and then appeared on gnr.com.

Maybe this is a way to give those radio stations a chance to create some hype for the shows.

I did not mean what I said in a negative way. It's a hearts and minds exercise; if you get an announcement out there, then a wider audience gets to read about what is happening and it gets them interested in GN'R again.

I completely agree with this sentiment

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #473 on: October 20, 2009, 03:12:20 PM »

So generally, subtract a few thousand seats since people can't see from behind the stage Tongue

True.

It also depends on the stage set up, the space needed for it etc.

Not all end stage shows at the same venue have the same maximum capacity.

/jarmo

What you lose behind the stage, you make up for it with a GA Floor.

The hell with fire codes.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #474 on: October 20, 2009, 03:24:02 PM »

So generally, subtract a few thousand seats since people can't see from behind the stage Tongue

True.

/jarmo

lol well yeah, if you ignore fire codes Wink Not sure I like that idea with this band's pyro...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #475 on: October 20, 2009, 03:40:20 PM »

True.

/jarmo

lol well yeah, if you ignore fire codes Wink Not sure I like that idea with this band's pyro...

All kidding aside, you can still stay within the code, and almost always, the floor makes up for what is lost behind the stage.

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #476 on: October 20, 2009, 03:42:45 PM »

I was thinking about this more and you know what I think would help? If they attached one of the forums to the official GNR website.

The fan forums tend to be upkept better and more often then GNR's official set has ever been. Plus if the average person just checks out gunsnroses.com they'll see that there's a thriving fan base out there.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #477 on: October 20, 2009, 04:55:42 PM »

Apparently there is an official press release being sent, so I'm a little surprised it hasn't been posted on the website.  Maybe for some reason they just haven't done it yet.

Rolling Stone has received an official press release that proclaims the dates are part of ?Guns n? Roses Chinese Democracy World Tour? and can now confirm the dates are official.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #478 on: October 20, 2009, 06:06:34 PM »

Apparently there is an official press release being sent, so I'm a little surprised it hasn't been posted on the website.  Maybe for some reason they just haven't done it yet.

Rolling Stone has received an official press release that proclaims the dates are part of ?Guns n? Roses Chinese Democracy World Tour? and can now confirm the dates are official.

It depends on who you refer to as "official".

There's the band, management, promoters etc.

All of the above could put out a press release.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #479 on: October 20, 2009, 06:19:24 PM »

It depends on who you refer to as "official".

There's the band, management, promoters etc.

All of the above could put out a press release.

/jarmo

The "official" came from Rolling Stone and I think it is from the promoter.

If I had to guess, and it looks like I do, there will be an announcement when all the dates are set...and it appears that there are more coming.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: