Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 10:29:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash & Friends w/Ozzy, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler, Avalon Theater 11/22
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash & Friends w/Ozzy, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler, Avalon Theater 11/22  (Read 42282 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2009, 10:24:13 PM »

Okay, the above clip is the new song with Andrew Stockdale...

Slash has had this riff for a couple years...

As heard from his Gibson test video clip below.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_SfmrJSgaI
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #121 on: November 23, 2009, 10:27:42 PM »

Slash and Andrew Stockdale, clip of new song By the Sword..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_pEuiO2ekk

Requoting with name of song.. Note my previous post where I can hear a similar riff from the gibson sound stage..
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #122 on: November 23, 2009, 11:16:56 PM »

Musically though -and in my opinion- the song was much better performed (more energy/more feel) than the 2002-2006 GN'R versions I've seen live (saw them in 2002 and in 2006).  

Slash sounded great, but I do not feel or hear any great disparity between this version and GN'R's version.  Just don't hear it or see it.

Ali
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: November 23, 2009, 11:20:50 PM »

About Pardise City... Adler is awesome.   Anytime I hear him play the classic songs, it sounds amazing, and the energy level is much higher.  Slash, Duff, and Steven should do a tour together.  Chester sounds great too.  

That being said,  it is only one song out of an entire setlist, and somewhat of a novelty.   I'm not really interested in the other songs and covers.   Slither also did not sound as good without Scott.
erguevous
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: November 23, 2009, 11:32:44 PM »

Musically though -and in my opinion- the song was much better performed (more energy/more feel) than the 2002-2006 GN'R versions I've seen live (saw them in 2002 and in 2006).  

Slash sounded great, but I do not feel or hear any great disparity between this version and GN'R's version.  Just don't hear it or see it.

Ali

Fair enough.  I was just comparing what I saw/heard live in both scenarios...it's way different how it feels live vs watching a low quality video/audio... ok
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #125 on: November 23, 2009, 11:41:48 PM »

Ali

Fair enough.  I was just comparing what I saw/heard live in both scenarios...it's way different how it feels live vs watching a low quality video/audio... ok

How a song or performance "feels" is quite abstract and subjective.  I can certainly hear how the song sounds from video footage and conclude that is no real disparity in the quality of the performances and therefore not FEEL anything different.  I heard VR play both "Mr. Brownstone" and "It's So Easy" multiple times in person and felt no real disparity in the quality of those performances vs. GN'R's.  Though, I did and do appreciate how good Slash sounds.

Ali
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #126 on: November 24, 2009, 12:13:58 AM »

That sounded really good. I like the riff (even though it's old) and Stockdale's vocals sound killer.

Fuck 'Em All.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #127 on: November 24, 2009, 12:27:36 AM »

That sounded really good. I like the riff (even though it's old) and Stockdale's vocals sound killer.

The song does seem pretty high quality, hope the rest of the album is of this level.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #128 on: November 24, 2009, 12:32:37 AM »

Smoky, ominous and psychedelic, the opening riff proved to be one of SLASH's best. It's melancholy yet strangely energetic, and Stockdale's howl felt divinely otherworldly?a new classic.

That's what the review posted earlier today had to say about it before we heard anything, and he was dead on at least as far as the riff is concerned from what we heard.

Having listened to it a few times the riff is awesome, and the song has alot of potential. Stockdale has an awesome voice, and he seems to love the song based on his past statements so we can only hope it will be as inspired as it seems to be thus far.

I really want a full clip to surface yes
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #129 on: November 24, 2009, 01:03:15 AM »

Smoky, ominous and psychedelic, the opening riff proved to be one of SLASH's best. It's melancholy yet strangely energetic, and Stockdale's howl felt divinely otherworldly?a new classic.

That's what the review posted earlier today had to say about it before we heard anything, and he was dead on at least as far as the riff is concerned from what we heard.

Having listened to it a few times the riff is awesome, and the song has alot of potential. Stockdale has an awesome voice, and he seems to love the song based on his past statements so we can only hope it will be as inspired as it seems to be thus far.

I really want a full clip to surface yes

Man, I can't stop playing it... It is an awesome riff and I love Andrew's vocals...  Maybe this album will be big..
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #130 on: November 24, 2009, 02:13:38 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq-FluOS0TM

Full version  beer

I knew it was out there, the video is totally not labeled and I typed in Avalon to find it.

This song is a monster, and should sound awesome on record if the production value is anywhere near as good as the japanese single and B-side were.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #131 on: November 24, 2009, 02:32:44 AM »

Full version  beer

I knew it was out there, the video is totally not labeled and I typed in Avalon to find it.

This song is a monster, and should sound awesome on record if the production value is anywhere near as good as the japanese single and B-side were.

Holy fuck dudes!!!  That song is awesome.  Love the riffing, solo is really cool and Andrews vocals are awesome.  Its definitly epic and if the rest of the album is anywhere near this good, it will be awesome!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #132 on: November 24, 2009, 02:37:36 AM »

So far, the song sounds awesome. It's sort of dark and brooding. I like.

Fuck 'Em All.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #133 on: November 24, 2009, 02:47:11 AM »

Full version  beer

Thanks for posting...sounds promising.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #134 on: November 24, 2009, 02:49:41 AM »

wow, that song is in my ears now!

Re-Union time, baby!!
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2009, 02:52:37 AM »

That riff is quite addictive, especially the part with the two chords in between.

Fuck 'Em All.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #136 on: November 24, 2009, 02:56:06 AM »

I'm loving the solo section in the song when it goes all mellow in the beginning and then he rips into it around the 2:50 mark.

Also thrilled to see his guitar (at least on this song) has a far more old school GNR sound to it than his VR version ever really did in terms of tone.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #137 on: November 24, 2009, 03:11:02 AM »

I'm loving the solo section in the song when it goes all mellow in the beginning and then he rips into it around the 2:50 mark.

Also thrilled to see his guitar (at least on this song) has a far more old school GNR sound to it than his VR version ever really did in terms of tone.

I love the solo too!  Slash really knows how to make a solo gain momentum.  i cant really explain it but does anyone else think the song sounds really epic, or something??

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #138 on: November 24, 2009, 03:15:31 AM »

the solo is pretty good, but the rest was just kind of meh.

why can't he play solos like that in VR?
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #139 on: November 24, 2009, 04:06:40 AM »

What song does he perform with Stockdale on the double neck SG?

Fuck 'Em All.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: