Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 12:32:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash & Friends w/Ozzy, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler, Avalon Theater 11/22
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash & Friends w/Ozzy, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler, Avalon Theater 11/22  (Read 42361 times)
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2009, 11:50:51 AM »

Enjoy it to your hearts content.  But don't use it as a way to bash the members of GnR.

Over reacting much Huh

nobody was bashing the new band.  one poster just mentioned how it was KINDA like Guns n Roses.

Quit being so sensitive, you're just embarassing yourself.

i'm not being sensitive, i'm stating facts.  i'm not going to just let people spout off nonsense like that unchallenged.    the only person who should be embarassed is you with that stupid avatar.

Nobody said it WAS GNR, he said it was kind of GNR.  because 3/5 that WROTE the song played it live.  There is a huge difference between IS and KIND OF.
comments about my avatar do not hurt me at all cos im not as sensitive or childish as you. 

Grow up Peter Pan.  Fanboys like you are ruining this section.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2009, 11:53:01 AM »

on another note, this gig is for a great cause and fair play to Slash for his efforts.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2009, 12:05:14 PM »

What a nice picture. Steve, Duff and Slash.....Guns n' Roses  beer

Guns N' Roses is playing in Taipei in less than three weeks.

/jarmo

As well. But if Slash, Duff and Steven play Paradise City, It's kind of Guns n' Roses too. At least for old fans of Guns .  smoking

its not Guns N' Roses at all.   You don't own the name nor do you get to decide the FACTS.   All those guys left the band years ago.  

Thats not to say people can't be fans of them or be excited to see them playing together, thats perfectly fine.   But don't call it GnR, because the FACTS state otherwise.  

FACT: Guns N' Roses is about to go on tour in Asia.   Respect that.

So Gun n Roses is has nothing to do with anything other than who owns the name??   it has nothing to do with who helped write and perform on 4 of their albums???  just because they left the band.. doesn't mean they are still not Guns n roses.. they still get a check when someone buys a copy of AFD or UI

they are FORMER MEMBERS, so no.  They aren't.  

Guns N' Roses is Axl, Dizzy, Tommy, Chris, Richard, Ron, Frank, and DJ.   Those are the only guys in the band.  

Guns N' Roses is Guns N' Roses, you can't just label anyone that because it fits your agenda.    How about respecting the band we are all here to support.

I dont think anyones CALLING this GNR......but realistically if 3 of the 5 people that recorded a song play it then obviously people are going to enjoy it....the voice being the main difference .
A couple people are CALLING it that.   I'm not saying there anything wrong with enjoying the youtube clips, I'm not judging that.  Enjoy it to your hearts content.  But don't use it as a way to bash the members of GnR.

who gets royalties when a guns n roses album other than CD is sold?  this is so tiring..  how can you defend alba.. and even consider him part of gnr whe the guy has done as much for gnr as i have.. ZERO.  No one is calling for a reunion.. or disrespecting axl's band in way.. People are just excited to hear 3 out of 5 members of band they loved play together.. that band was GnR... so how else do you want people to refere to them??  wow.. those 3 guys playing together really remind me of REO speed waggon?Huh  nobody ment anything disrespectful until you post something stupid.  what about brain.. isn't he in the band.. i know he isn't touring.. but i don't recall anything about him leaving the bad.. or what about paul tobias..
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2009, 12:07:31 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWksm6lHIwY

Billy Idol singing "out to get me" with Duff/Slash/travis barker and dave navarro.
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2009, 12:11:14 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTEbPn4_QbA

Slash with Ozzy "I Don't Know"
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2009, 12:45:11 PM »

From Andrew Stockdale:

Also I'll be doing a few songs with Slash on the 22nd of November in L.A, including our new Rock Spectacular "By The Sword"! Check it!

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2009, 12:45:30 PM »

Billy Idol singing "out to get me" with Duff/Slash/travis barker and dave navarro.

Man, what a deep cut, that was badass!  Navarro does a good job with Slash on all these tunes!
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #87 on: November 23, 2009, 12:47:59 PM »

From Andrew Stockdale:

Also I'll be doing a few songs with Slash on the 22nd of November in L.A, including our new Rock Spectacular "By The Sword"! Check it!

I wish that would surface. Seeing him holding the doubleneck in the picture of those 2 has me intrigued now as to how the song sounds.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2009, 12:54:20 PM »

From Andrew Stockdale:

I wish that would surface. Seeing him holding the doubleneck in the picture of those 2 has me intrigued now as to how the song sounds.

How in the hell has it not come out yet...No review, no nothing!!!!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #89 on: November 23, 2009, 01:08:07 PM »

"Out Ta Get Me" w/Billy Idol, Duff

Edit: I just noticed Naupis posted this one already, I may put all these videos in the first post when they are all added.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 01:20:34 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2009, 01:29:02 PM »

From Chester Bennington:

I just played Paradise City with Slash , Duff, and Steven Adler!! I was so excited I ducked up the words a little Haha:)

I can't even say fucked up right:)

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2009, 01:36:45 PM »

"Iron Man" w/Ozzy (Partial)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MunZ8nst7JY

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2009, 01:38:11 PM »

"Out Ta Get Me" w/Billy Idol, Duff

Edit: I just noticed Naupis posted this one already, I may put all these videos in the first post when they are all added.

yikes!  Shocked that was horrible.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2009, 01:59:38 PM »

A review of the show:

Live Review
SLASH & Friends (LAYN Rocks) ? Avalon, Hollywood

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/live-review-slash-friends-layn-rocks-avalon-hollywood/6223202

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2009, 02:05:41 PM »

However, the standout with Stockdale was he and SLASH's original cut, "By the Sword," from SLASH's forthcoming solo album. Smoky, ominous and psychedelic, the opening riff proved to be one of SLASH's best. It's melancholy yet strangely energetic, and Stockdale's howl felt divinely otherworldly?a new classic.

Some how for our luck it will be the one song of the night we don't get a video of. I want to hear it damn it!
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2009, 02:06:30 PM »

You know seeing Slash Duff and Steven is a good feeling. I can only imagine how it must feel to be in the same city where they struggled day in and day out to make a name for themselves. Now years later , their songs more famous than they ever thought, their feuds more infamous than they fathomed. It just shows that despite all the sex and the drugs then eventually , you can just see rock n roll. I appreciate what Axl has done for GN'R but seeing old friends , old band mates play sounds they wrote in shitty apartments that are now world famous is a fucking good feeling.

No one can ever touch Slash on PC especially the outro , their is just a certain flair and style that it was written with. Seeing Duff and Steven make eye contact right at the start on the solo is pure gold ; that has to be an amazing feeling. All this new gnr old gnr agenda bullshit can fucking stop. I don't care if you think this is kind GNR I don't care if you think this is NOT GN'R , for god sakes put aside the stupid mindsets and realize these are 3 guys who spent their young adult life making names for themselves , they WHERE the best of friends Axl included , and considering what the music business brought to them , the indulgences the excesses etc , to see 10-20 years later these boys as men who want to play some of the songs they made is a damn good feeling. I don't understand why people can't just appreciate that.

Hate Slash Love Slash , if you don't think it's nice seeing the 3/5 of the ORIGINAL Guns N' Roses playing Paradise City is touching I don't know how you call yourself a fan.

( EDIT: I can already hear the stupid arguments will get on this one ; Will Tracii Gunns was original not Slash what about Ole and all the BS )
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 02:08:15 PM by WTTJ_91 » Logged
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2009, 03:09:09 PM »

What the fuck are you talking about?, Slash nailed that song
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #97 on: November 23, 2009, 03:12:50 PM »

A pair of full length Paradise City's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbYeLGMO8Pg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wACEdiQWvr0

Slash is on fire this song, his outro is awesome.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2009, 03:30:43 PM »

What the fuck are you talking about?, Slash nailed that song
personally, I didn't like the vocals at all
erguevous
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2009, 03:41:29 PM »

Great show!  Didn't like that Chester was reading the verses of "Slither" and so was Billy Idol during "Outta Get Me"...

Outta Get Me:

The highlight for me was seeing Outta Get Me performed by Slash live for the first time probably since 1992 -correct me if I'm wrong-.  Definetely since 1992/1993 with Duff on bass.  Travis Parker did an excellent job (with pretty much the whole setlist really) here, so did Navarro (again, good job throughout the whole setlist).

In my opinion, Billy Idol didn't shine on Outta Get Me, he kind of knew the general melodies but I didn't feel the vocal energy (and he read the lyrics).  Musically though -and in my opinion- the song was much better performed (more energy/more feel) than the 2002-2006 GN'R versions I've seen live (saw them in 2002 and in 2006).  

In General:

The front of house sound guy did a terrible job throughout the night.  Things got better towards the end.  You couldn't hear most of the solos performed by other guest guitar players (Stockdale, Morello, etc) or Navarro when he did his solos.  Slash was low in the mix initially, then he was to high.  It was as if the sound guy was guessing which channel was whomever was doing the solo at the time - at one point he turned up the snare/hat mic and finally got the right channel by end of the solo...the opening band sounded way much better/clear (great band by the way, check them out:  Juke Kartel) in terms of house mix/sound.  They just saturated the house speakers with the main act.

peace

c
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: