Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:17:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Obama won the nobel pease prize?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama won the nobel pease prize?  (Read 9768 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2009, 05:20:06 PM »

The deadline for submitting for this years Nobel Peace Prize was January 31, 2009.

B.O. would have been in office for only 11 days!!!!

Have a look at some people and a organization who were a lot more deserving of the award but were passed over anyways. What a disgrace! The award has really become a sham over the years instead of it going to the people and organizations who are very deserving of it instead.

Sima Samar, women's rights activist in Afghanistan: "With dogged persistence and at great personal risk, she kept her schools and clinics open in Afghanistan even during the most repressive days of the Taliban regime, whose laws prohibited the education of girls past the age of eight. When the Taliban fell, Samar returned to Kabul and accepted the post of Minister for Women's Affairs."

Ingrid Betancourt: French-Colombian ex-hostage held for six years.

Dr. Denis Mukwege: Doctor, founder and head of Panzi Hospital in Bukavu, Democratic Republic of Congo. He has dedicated his life to helping Congolese women and girls who are victims of gang rape and brutal sexual violence."

Handicap International and Cluster Munition Coalition: "These organizations are recognized for their consistently serious efforts to clean up cluster bombs, also known as land mines. Innocent civilians are regularly killed worldwide because the unseen bombs explode when stepped upon."

Hu Jia, a human rights activist and an outspoken critic of the Chinese government, who was sentenced last year to a three-and-a-half-year prison term for 'inciting subversion of state power.'"

Wei Jingsheng, who spent 17 years in Chinese prisons for urging reforms of China's communist system. He now lives in the United States."

Source: http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2009/10/meet_the_people_who_were_passe.asp

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2009, 06:02:58 PM »

I'm so shocked that you would object to their decision to give the Nobel Peace Price to your president...

Shocked

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2009, 06:28:25 PM »

And here I thought you'd be more shocked of the ones who didn't receive the award and who were much more deserving.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2009, 06:40:39 PM »

That list isn't even correct... Where's Tsvangirai?

Obama might not have done something you notice straight away and can say "that's great!", but there's no doubt him being the president is a great thing.

Maybe it's no big deal to you that countries outside your own now think of the USA in a more positive light.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2009, 06:53:04 PM »

How is Obama being the President a great thing if he never accomplishes or does anything?

The, "Well at least he isn't Bush" grace period is over.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2009, 07:04:44 PM »

How is Obama being the President a great thing if he never accomplishes or does anything?

Didn't you read what I said?

His election alone accomplished a lot.

/jarmo

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2009, 07:10:41 PM »

I don't see "Tsvangirai" anywhere in the article.

Obama might not have done something you notice straight away and can say "that's great!", but there's no doubt him being the president is a great thing.

Him just being president doesn't equal to something being great. In my opinion, that idea falls in right along with who's 'most popular' in elementary school.

Why not just give the award to the American people as a whole. They are the ones who put him in office. Wouldn't that be more qualified as "great?"

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2009, 07:28:26 PM »

I don't see "Tsvangirai" anywhere in the article.

Exactly my point. You post a link to an article that doesn't even include one of the favorites to win...

So how much exactly do you care about who would've won if Obama hadn't?

Him just being president doesn't equal to something being great. In my opinion, that idea falls in right along with who's 'most popular' in elementary school.

Well if that popular kid was first elected in a democratic election and then said he/she would bring everybody in to work together on issues.... All this while kids in other school suddenly look at that school as a place of hope.

Why not just give the award to the American people as a whole. They are the ones who put him in office. Wouldn't that be more qualified as "great?"

You wouldn't be included...

Nobel jury speaks out in defense of Obama prize

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 07:45:46 PM by jarmo » Logged

sandman
Legend

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2009, 08:23:52 PM »

i love that Obama won. USA baby!!!

by the way, Obama is getting 10-1 odds on winning the heisman.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2009, 11:03:17 PM »

I think Obama beat out Beyonce for video of the year.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2009, 06:39:14 AM »

Exactly my point. You post a link to an article that doesn't even include one of the favorites to win...

So how much exactly do you care about who would've won if Obama hadn't?

I care a lot that people who deserved the award a lot more than B.O. got shafted on a grand scale.

Do you honestly think he deserved the award over any of the names that were listed in the article I provided?

Just because a name wasn't included on the list, does not make it incorrect. See my original quote below:

Have a look at some people and a organization who were a lot more deserving of the award but were passed over anyways.

Did you not read Jarmo? I said have a look at some people and organizations that were left off. In your eyes, it obviously makes the article incorrect, but you are wrong.

You wouldn't be included...

Nor would I want to be. That's why I said America as a whole.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2009, 08:02:16 AM »

I care a lot that people who deserved the award a lot more than B.O. got shafted on a grand scale.

Do you honestly think he deserved the award over any of the names that were listed in the article I provided?

A lot of people deserve attention for what they do and all the credit in the world.

But everybody can't win!

You could've picked another name out of the hat and then you could still say the same you're saying now... "What about these ones? They deserved it too!"....

/jarmo

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2009, 05:58:11 PM »

I think that Brendan Cooney put it best:

"Giving Obama the Nobel Peace Prize is like giving someone the literature prize because you hope he writes some good books."

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2009, 08:11:25 PM »

I think that Brendan Cooney put it best:

"Giving Obama the Nobel Peace Prize is like giving someone the literature prize because you hope he writes some good books."
i'm borrowing that quote and the names jarmo and drew mentioned to own a guy right now, thanks  ok
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2009, 08:12:56 PM »

You could've picked another name out of the hat and then you could still say the same you're saying now... "What about these ones? They deserved it too!"....

I will agree to your point, but will say that I believe the people that didn't win who are listed deserved the award a lot more. Their "credentials," if I may say, defined their deserving of the award much more.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2009, 10:30:10 PM »

Yep, its all Political.  Its a popularity contest. 
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2009, 11:52:52 PM »

Obama won the peace prize for inspiring words.  Not actions.

In related news, LeBron James was today awarded next year's NBA Championship.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2009, 12:13:58 AM »

Obama is slowly becoming the biggest fraud of the 21st Century.

Just as Bush used fear to get his agenda across, Obama is using his great public speaking,Charisma and the fact he isn't George Bush to camouflage the reality that he has done nothing for peace, nothing for change and nothing for anybody unless u are a bank.

I think Foreigners love Obama because they know with him in charge, we are less powerful and a lot weaker.

Biggest smoke and Mirrors act I've ever witnessed. It is quite impressive actually how brainwashed people are.

Guy is a dynamic speaker and oozes charisma... but he never did anything in the Senate, and I seriously doubt much of anything will happen soon.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 12:16:41 AM by D » Logged

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2009, 12:16:35 AM »

In his defence, he has only been in office for less than a year. People should cut him some slack.

Fuck 'Em All.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2009, 02:50:37 AM »

In his defence, he has only been in office for less than a year. People should cut him some slack.

Gen-dawg, I support him because he's my president.  I voted Libertarian, but I want Hussein to succeed.

But giving him the Nobel Peace Prize?  That's not right.

I was responding to the previous post.

I agree that the Committee was wrong in giving him the prize. Like Jarmo, I think Tsvangirai should have got it.

Fuck 'Em All.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: