Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:15:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR sued for plagiarism
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR sued for plagiarism  (Read 56832 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #160 on: October 07, 2009, 04:13:02 PM »

You're right. People SHOULD listen before they make their descision. But most won't. Now, I'm not saying this is HORRIBLE for the band. They've seen a hell of a lot worse, haha, I'm just saying that this is in no way GOOD for the band.

true they just see the words like 'gn'r' 'plagiarism' 'disappointing'  won't bother checking the pieces. no
if the claimer was another well known musician, maybe they would.

Tickets are being sold in Asia ... Your calm ...

smoking

that's nothing to do with the German claim.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #161 on: October 07, 2009, 05:33:44 PM »

A response to Azoff's statement... Undecided

Brian Caplan of Caplan and Ross, an attorney representing Schnauss? team disagrees, telling Rolling Stone, ?The band and the record company are ultimately responsible for copyright infringement.? He added, ?I can tell you that there is no paper trail authorizing the use of these songs and nobody from the plaintiff?s side authorized the use of this song.?

Rollingstone.com

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #162 on: October 07, 2009, 05:40:46 PM »

Brian Caplan of Caplan and Ross, an attorney representing Schnauss? team disagrees, telling Rolling Stone, ?The band and the record company are ultimately responsible for copyright infringement.? He added, ?I can tell you that there is no paper trail authorizing the use of these songs and nobody from the plaintiff?s side authorized the use of this song.?

Rollingstone.com

I think it's obvious this is headed towards an out of court settlement for figure that I'd bet would be significantly less than $1 million.  That is outrageous.

Ali
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #163 on: October 07, 2009, 05:43:53 PM »

Rollingstone.com

Well, Well, Well...  GNR Is Dead... Ulrich Rulez...

OMG... This Losers BRIAN CAPUT... You Artist Need Most promotion ? Wait... The TOUR When Play RIAD live.

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
mesaboogie
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #164 on: October 07, 2009, 06:54:47 PM »

The rest of the statement reads: "The band believed when the record came out and still believes that there are no unauthorized samples on the track. The snippets of 'ambient noise' in question were provided by a member of the album's production team who has assured us that these few seconds of sound were obtained legitimately. Artists these days can't read the minds of those they collaborate with and therefore are unfortunately vulnerable to claims like this one. While the band resents the implication that they would ever use another artist's work improperly and are assessing possible counterclaims, they are confident this situation will be satisfactorily resolved."

So from reading the above we are being told a guy in production took/wrote/borrowed music and said dont worry about any paper work its all sorted lads! to which the expert Azoff said thats grand dude we trust you...lets go ahead with the distribution of one of the most anticipated albums of all time  I thought this type of thing would be managed a bit more tightly than it appears from the statement above.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #165 on: October 07, 2009, 07:13:00 PM »

The rest of the statement reads: "The band believed when the record came out and still believes that there are no unauthorized samples on the track. The snippets of 'ambient noise' in question were provided by a member of the album's production team who has assured us that these few seconds of sound were obtained legitimately. Artists these days can't read the minds of those they collaborate with and therefore are unfortunately vulnerable to claims like this one. While the band resents the implication that they would ever use another artist's work improperly and are assessing possible counterclaims, they are confident this situation will be satisfactorily resolved."

So from reading the above we are being told a guy in production took/wrote/borrowed music and said dont worry about any paper work its all sorted lads! to which the expert Azoff said thats grand dude we trust you...lets go ahead with the distribution of one of the most anticipated albums of all time  I thought this type of thing would be managed a bit more tightly than it appears from the statement above.

It also says: "...and still believes that there are no unauthorized samples on the track".

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #166 on: October 07, 2009, 07:19:39 PM »

It's virtually impossible to check every single thing on an album like you want.

How do you start? By listening to everything recorded since day one and compare to your new songs?

The Rolling Stones "borrowed" a main part of a song and didn't realize it. It was a big hit too!

Imagine that they didn't manage to check if one of their new songs sounded like something that had been on the radio/MTV a few years earlier.... It wasn't even a bit of the intro.

Seems to me like you're looking for clues that aren't there again.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #167 on: October 07, 2009, 07:42:03 PM »

This definitely is the fault on either Pitman or Dizzy. For an album that took awhile to complete, SOMEONE should have done due diligence. Hopefully, the next album will not have as many problems as CD. 
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #168 on: October 07, 2009, 07:53:16 PM »

This definitely is the fault on either Pitman or Dizzy. For an album that took awhile to complete, SOMEONE should have done due diligence. Hopefully, the next album will not have as many problems as CD. 

The statement reads "The snippets of 'ambient noise' in question were provided by a member of the album's production team.."

My guess is, it was brought in by someone outside the band who were (as it reads) part of the production team.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #169 on: October 07, 2009, 07:59:30 PM »

This definitely is the fault on either Pitman or Dizzy.

Please provide us with the proof of this claim. Since you state it as a fact, it shouldn't be a problem.... ok

Ignoring the comment from GN'R's management, as pointed out by Spirit...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #170 on: October 07, 2009, 08:08:02 PM »

Axl needs to release a new album as soon as possible and make CD as distant a memory as possible. The entire album outside of the finished product was a nightmare and a disaster.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #171 on: October 07, 2009, 08:21:42 PM »

Axl needs to release a new album as soon as possible and make CD as distant a memory as possible. The entire album outside of the finished product was a nightmare and a disaster.

Thanks for your support.  ok

Why don't you go finish your album?

/jarmo

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #172 on: October 07, 2009, 08:30:43 PM »

PITMAN, What,,?

You Read The Statement ??

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #173 on: October 07, 2009, 08:32:03 PM »

Thanks for your support.  ok

Why don't you go finish your album?

/jarmo

That was funny  hihi

I have to disagree, D.  While I see your point that the promotion, or lack thereof, has been a difficult and negative situation for many, I don't want CD to be a distant memory.  I still play the record quite a bit, and frankly, I don't think it should be put to bed until they tour behind it and play more of the album's tracks live.  After that, yes, it will be time to move forward.

Ali
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #174 on: October 07, 2009, 08:46:04 PM »

the album came out nov 23 2008 and it took them all this time to sue gnr in october in 2009 something smell and the track does not sound alike
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #175 on: October 07, 2009, 08:50:46 PM »

the album came out nov 23 2008 and it took them all this time to sue gnr in october in 2009 something smell and the track does not sound alike

its not the whole track, just the intro
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #176 on: October 07, 2009, 08:54:13 PM »

Axl himself spoke of how hard it was getting the album finished etc. Numerous lineup changes, label hassles. CD got the monkey off his back, now with DJ he should finish up the leftover songs and get something out next Summer, put the whole CD thing behind him. Its turned into his whale.

I think people are shrugging their shoulders too nonchalantly towards this allegation. I am positive Axl had nothing to do with it, but this kind of accusation can be devastating to a band, especially once u consider the press' hatred for all things Axl anyway.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #177 on: October 07, 2009, 09:04:45 PM »

I think people are shrugging their shoulders too nonchalantly towards this allegation. I am positive Axl had nothing to do with it, but this kind of accusation can be devastating to a band, especially once u consider the press' hatred for all things Axl anyway.

"Can be devastating". Sure.

But this is a case of sounds in an intro. Not a full song, not a chorus you sing along to, not a guitar melody etc.

Coldplay are still selling out venues as far as I know...

By the way, maybe it's time for you to change your signature now.

/jarmo

Bigjoe
Opening Act

GnR 2008

« Reply #178 on: October 07, 2009, 09:27:58 PM »

Does anybody even know how many people had anything to do with this album? Axl brought in a lot, he might not even remember everybody. Nobody could ever check every little thing on an album with this many people working on it. It looks like to me that this guy heard about a tour starting soon and he wanted to get some publicity off of it.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #179 on: October 07, 2009, 09:31:38 PM »

its not the whole track, just the intro

i know that but they waiting all this time to sue gnr
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: