Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:45:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Nightmare on Elm Street Remake - Yey or Ney?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nightmare on Elm Street Remake - Yey or Ney?  (Read 4493 times)
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2009, 12:12:51 AM »

Maybe I shouldn't comment, but I don't really understand why they want to remake all of these movies, Amityville Horror, The Shining and so on... for me once I see a film or a series of films in original form, I am familiar with that, and have seen the movie, so why should I want to see someone else remake it 20 or 25 years later Tongue.  It almost makes me think these people can't come up with something new, so they bank on a remake.  Is it that they are just simply out of ideas?

I do not see how a remake for the Shinning could work. That movie had nothing wrong with it. As for the Nightmare on Elm Street remake I  say ney.

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2009, 12:17:11 AM »

The Shining compared to the novel is complete shit

Nightmare on Elm Street has probably been one of my least favorites out of the Jason,Michael,Leatherface era but still, remaking it is just dumb.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2009, 12:19:15 AM »

Maybe I shouldn't comment, but I don't really understand why they want to remake all of these movies, Amityville Horror, The Shining and so on... for me once I see a film or a series of films in original form, I am familiar with that, and have seen the movie, so why should I want to see someone else remake it 20 or 25 years later Tongue.  It almost makes me think these people can't come up with something new, so they bank on a remake.  Is it that they are just simply out of ideas?

I do not see how a remake for the Shinning could work. That movie had nothing wrong with it. As for the Nightmare on Elm Street remake I  say ney.

They actually did make the remake for the Shining a long time ago.....like in 1990 or something.  It was way more closer to the book than Stanley Kubrick's version (which I enjoyed very much in it's own way).  The remake sucked badly though like they all do.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2009, 05:42:51 AM »

They actually did make the remake for the Shining a long time ago.....like in 1990 or something.  It was way more closer to the book than Stanley Kubrick's version (which I enjoyed very much in it's own way).  The remake sucked badly though like they all do.

I think I remember Stephen King commenting on how Kubrick deviated away from the close relationship between the family. In the Shining the father is detached from his wife and son throughout the entire movie, which is a contrast from the novel. Other than that, it's an excellent film.

It seems like a lot of the horror remakes lately give too much of a back story. The villains are more human. The originals are more alluring because they have a sense of mystery.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2009, 08:08:51 AM »

I think I remember Stephen King commenting on how Kubrick deviated away from the close relationship between the family. In the Shining the father is detached from his wife and son throughout the entire movie, which is a contrast from the novel. Other than that, it's an excellent film.

The "ending" is also different in the novel than the movie
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2009, 02:05:00 PM »

The "ending" is also different in the novel than the movie

Yeah, the whole "boiler" subplot is completely ignored in the Kubrick film, as are the talking hedge animals, and a bunch of other "stuff".  And the "redemption" is completely absent in the movie (still a great film, though!!).

The Kubrick film is really about Jack's character.

The King novel is more about the family, with a stronger focus on the son.

On the Elm Street remake:  Yey to going to see it, Ney on it being very good, I suspect.  But my wife is a bona fide "Freddy Freak"...so we'll go see it in the theater.

It'll be odd, though, not seeing Englund under the makeup.  Hard to imagine anyone else playing that role......but I guess it's tough to do the physical part of filming that type of movie when you're 62 years old....

He was awesome as "Willy" in "V" (the TV miniseries).  Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: