Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:38:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The 2009/2010 NBA Season Thread
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 2009/2010 NBA Season Thread  (Read 88895 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #300 on: June 23, 2010, 11:40:31 AM »

Jalen Rose is reporting that Lebron James WILL NOT return to Cleveland and Chicago,Miami and LA Clips are the top teams in the running

Come on MARK CUBAN!!!!!!! get in this race for Lebron.

we could give Cle. Caron Butler, Roddy Beaubois and Damp's expiring non guaranteed contract.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #301 on: June 23, 2010, 04:29:52 PM »

Nah, LeBron has to stay in the East where he can pad his stats...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #302 on: June 24, 2010, 12:30:59 AM »

I think Lebron should go to Chicago.  Good young team, dynamic duo with Derrick Rose.  And as much as I'd love to keep Ray Allen on the Celtics, I wouldn't blame him for following Lebron wherever he may go.  He'd be a nice complimentary piece for a Lebron led team.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #303 on: June 24, 2010, 06:27:09 AM »

Nah, LeBron has to stay in the East where he can pad his stats...

I think there's some truth to that, though not because of stat padding.

I think, if the goal is to win championships, LeBron is better served staying in the east...because it means not having to contend with the Lakers until the finals.  The Lakers are going to be good for awhile, yet....

Sure, there are other good teams in the East, and it will largely depend on "what else" is on his team, and how the free agency market plays out this year.  But the Celts are definitely on the backend of their time at the top.  Orlando is good, but they don't have enough to contend with Lebron and "someone else".  In fact, that's true of most of the East.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #304 on: June 24, 2010, 06:29:40 AM »

I think Lebron should go to Chicago.  Good young team, dynamic duo with Derrick Rose.  And as much as I'd love to keep Ray Allen on the Celtics, I wouldn't blame him for following Lebron wherever he may go.  He'd be a nice complimentary piece for a Lebron led team.

As much as I hate to say it (and, like you, I've followed Ray since UCONN), I don't think the Celts are going to want to keep Ray around much longer.  It's almost time for them to get younger, and I suspect he'll be the first piece to go.

I'm not sure he goes with Lebron.  His perimiter shooting would be a nice compliment, but the question is:  Will any other team really want to depend on him, given the number of NBA miles on those legs?  Especially if you're trying to build a contender?  I just don't know.....

Together again,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #305 on: June 24, 2010, 09:00:28 AM »

I think Ray has a good 3 years left in him at the very least and could still be a huge asset to a championship caliber team.  His minutes may need to decrease a bit, but he could still produce at a high level for 30 minutes a game.

I agree the Celtics need to get younger, which probably means goodbye to Ray.  I just don't see them being a better team without him, regardless of who replaces him.  It's a tough call. They were 4 minutes away from a championship.  I do realize they need to rebuild eventually, but I also think they could be a contender next season with their current core in place.

NBA draft tonight. Always love the draft, though it's lost a little magic for me over the years.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #306 on: June 24, 2010, 12:14:01 PM »

in Ray Allen's defense, he did do a great job guarding Kobe Bryant which took all of his energy and legs. Kobe shot under 30 percent in the 4th quarter for the series.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #307 on: June 24, 2010, 05:10:25 PM »

Good point D.  He did do a great job on Kobe all series long.  Coming to Boston he wasn't really viewed as a good defensive player.  I think he proved he can and did guard the best SG's in the game.   He can still stroke it and his health is not a concern. I think he'd be a fine addition for a team with championship aspirations, and unfortunately I think his best chance at another ring might be somewhere other than Boston. 

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #308 on: June 24, 2010, 05:21:14 PM »

I know id welcome Ray Allen in Dallas.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #309 on: June 30, 2010, 12:42:20 AM »

Things are about to get crazy as free agency kicks in in less than 24 hours.  Where will Lebron go?  It seems he'll go somewhere as staying in Cleveland seems to be less attractive than going to Chicago or Miami.  At least as far as a supporting cast would go.  He could make more with the Cavs I think, so they do have that going for them.

Paul Pierce is opting out of the final year of his contract which would've paid him 21 million.  I'm thinking that he still wants to stay in Boston and will allow them the chance to extend his deal.  If that happens, they could actually end up saving a little money.  He's always said how he wanted to play his entire career with one team.  We'll see if that holds true.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #310 on: June 30, 2010, 10:41:30 AM »

Things are about to get crazy as free agency kicks in in less than 24 hours.  Where will Lebron go?  It seems he'll go somewhere as staying in Cleveland seems to be less attractive than going to Chicago or Miami.  At least as far as a supporting cast would go.  He could make more with the Cavs I think, so they do have that going for them.

Paul Pierce is opting out of the final year of his contract which would've paid him 21 million.  I'm thinking that he still wants to stay in Boston and will allow them the chance to extend his deal.  If that happens, they could actually end up saving a little money.  He's always said how he wanted to play his entire career with one team.  We'll see if that holds true.

Remember, a lot of this opting out is precipitated by the looming new Collective Bargaining Agreement, on the horizen.  Players are worried...and maybe rightly so.  So if they can opt out and make a deal under THIS CBA, they're gonna do it.

I think Pierce stays.  I think it's 50/50 with Allen.

One thing for the C's, though:  Perkins, we found out yesterday, has a torn ACL.  He's out until at least January.

Combine that with Doc not knowing if he's staying or going, Tom Thibodeau gone, 'Sheed apparently retiring....the team is in more flux than at any point since they brought in KG and Ray.  It's going to be an interesting off season. 

What do you think:  They let Pierce go and sing LeBron?   rofl

Together again,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #311 on: July 01, 2010, 01:38:40 AM »

dont feel like typing it all out again but visit here to see why I think Lebron should come to Dallas

http://simplysports.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=opinion&action=display&thread=25

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #312 on: July 01, 2010, 01:41:47 PM »

ConanOBrien

I don't care where LeBron James ends up... As long as it's not at 11pm on TBS.
about 1 hour ago via web

rofl
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #313 on: July 03, 2010, 10:55:44 PM »

Iverson Plans Comeback

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: June 18, 2010

Allen Iverson is working on a comeback. Gary Moore, Iverson?s personal manager, said Friday that Iverson was planning to return to the N.B.A. next season. Iverson joined the Philadelphia 76ers last December and took a leave of absence in March because of family issues.

?Allen is working out and he?s getting himself prepared to make his return,? Moore said in a telephone interview. Iverson, who turned 35 on June 7, has not spoken publicly since leaving the team.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/19/sports/basketball/19sportsbriefs-iverson.html

smoking

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #314 on: July 04, 2010, 09:14:45 PM »

ConanOBrien

I don't care where LeBron James ends up... As long as it's not at 11pm on TBS.
about 1 hour ago via web

rofl

ahahaha that hilarious... and no one cares about AI.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #315 on: July 07, 2010, 10:05:16 PM »

BOSH ANNOUNCES HE WILL JOIN WADE WITH MIAMI HEAT

MIAMI -- Chris Bosh is leaving Toronto for Miami, saying it's not about the money but about winning.

Ending months of speculation, the former Raptors forward announced Wednesday that he will sign with the Miami Heat, joining his good friend Dwyane Wade.

Both Wade and Bosh were part of this year's blockbuster free agent class that also includes LeBron James, who will announce his intentions on ESPN on Thursday night (TSN, 9 p.m. ET).

It had long been expected that Bosh would not return to Toronto, but Wednesday's announcement provided the confirmation.

In an interview with ESPN, Bosh said he wanted to land with a team that would compete for and NBA championship. In his seven years with Toronto, Bosh has only played in 11 playoff games.

"I think both Dwyane and I, we both wanted an opportunity where right away we would be competing," Bosh said. "We're ready to sacrifice a lot of things in order to do that. It's not about the money. It's not about anything else except for winning. I'm a winner. Dwyane's a winner. We're going to bring winning to Miami."

Bosh, 26, said leaving Toronto wasn't an easy decision.

"I've been there for seven years, it's pretty much my second home," Bosh said. "To leave that has been difficult, even throughout this whole process."

Still, Bosh seemed to be having fun as teams attempted to woo him, frequently posting his thoughts on Twitter.

"It's been an exciting time," he told ESPN. "It's been one of the biggest stories in sports. Just to be a part of that I felt that I had to enjoy it instead of maybe just trying to run away from everything. Instead of doing that, I embraced it."

While the Raptors have said they were preparing for life after Bosh, nobody from the team was saying much about Bosh's announcement Wednesday.

"I have nothing official from anyone," Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo said in a text message to the AP.

A Raptors official said there would be no further comment from the team during the official signing moratorium, which ends Thursday.

The Raptors do have several sign-and-trade options from teams interested in acquiring Bosh, who averaged a career-best 24.0 points and 10.8 rebounds last season for Toronto.

When asked about a reported sign-and-trade deal between Toronto and Cleveland, Bosh said he didn't know the details.

"I leave that for my agent," he said. "I really don't know the specifics in that conversation... I wasn't sure if LeBron was coming back and I wanted to leave that decision up to him. I wanted to choose the best situation for me and my family."

A sign-and-trade would mean more money for Bosh. The Raptors could give him a six-year, US$128-million contract but another team can only offer a five-year deal worth $96 million.

Bosh is the latest Raptors star to head south after Damon Stoudamire, Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady all left Toronto for other teams.

Wade said the fact that Bosh was coming made his decision to stay in Miami much easier.

"I'm so glad it's over," Wade said in an interview with The Associated Press. "I had to do what was best for me. And I know I did that."

Bosh and Wade are friends, were Olympic teammates on the gold-medal team in Beijing, dined together at times during the free-agent interview process last week in Chicago and were part of that star-studded draft class in 2003 -- Bosh went fourth, Wade fifth.

Wade said when free agency began that he would likely only stay in Miami if the Heat lured either Bosh or James to south Florida.

Now they're waiting -- like the rest of the league -- to see what James will do.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #316 on: July 07, 2010, 10:06:23 PM »

KNICKS, STOUDEMIRE AGREE ON MAX DEAL

New York, NY (Sports Network) - The New York Knicks have landed the first big name free agent of the offseason by agreeing to a five-year, $100 million contract with center Amare Stoudemire.

"I am looking to build something special," Stoudemire pronounced. "This is a perfect situation for me. This is a legendary city."

Stoudemire has been in New York since Saturday and was meeting with Knicks brass late Monday after a weekend of being entertained by the club. He will re-join head coach Mike D'Antoni, who coached the forward for five seasons when he was with Phoenix.

The moratorium on official signings is not up until July 8, so the contract can't be finalized until then. Yahoo Sports! first reported the parameters of the contract last week.

Stoudemire all but confirmed the news, posting thank yous to the Suns organization, coaches and fans on his Twitter account, ending the posting with "sorry It didn't work out. Gone!"

Stoudemire is but one of a gaudy free agent class this offseason led by LeBron James. All roads seem to go through James, as the reigning two-time league MVP was wooed by the Knicks, Nets, Heat, Clippers, Bulls and the Cavaliers.

"I think he knows how great this city is. He has a decision to make but I'm definitely going to reach out to him," Stoudemire said of James.

James' decision is expected later this week, while the Knicks were reportedly granted a second meeting with his agent, Leon Rose, on Saturday after conducting their formal proposal Thursday.

It remains to be seen if the addition of Stoudemire, a five-time All-Star, would be enough to get James to join him in the Big Apple.

Stoudemire decided to opt out of his contract with the Suns, for whom he had spent his entire eight-year tenure in the league. He was set to make $17.7 million next season and averaged 23.1 points and 8.9 rebounds while shooting 55.7 percent from the field over 82 games last season.

It was just the third time in his career the 27-year-old had played a full slate of regular-season games because of injuries. Stoudemire suffered a partially detached retina in February, 2009 and underwent microfracture surgery in October, 2005. The report in the Post stated the contract was not able to be insured because of Stoudemire's prior injuries.

Taken with the ninth overall pick in the 2002 draft by Phoenix, Stoudemire took home that season's Rookie of the Year honors and has career per-game averages of 21.4 points, 8.9 rebounds, 1.4 blocks and 1.3 assists.

He's shot 54.4 percent from the floor in 516 career contests, 499 of those starts, and posted 24.2 points, 9.2 boards and 1.8 blocks in 52 playoff games. The Suns were bounced by the eventual NBA champion Lakers in the West Finals last season.

Monday's developments all but assure that fellow free agent David Lee's time as a Knick are over.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #317 on: July 07, 2010, 11:53:00 PM »

Celtics signed Ray Allen to a 2 year 20 million dollar deal to keep the core intact.  They're also said to be close to coming to terms with Jermaine O'Neal to give them some front court depth and fill in for Kendrick Perkins while he's out until January or so.  I realize Jermaine isn't the player he used to be, but I think he'd be a good fit for them considering their other options.  I love the guy, but I wanted no piece of Shaq after seeing him clog the middle in Cleveland.  And I've never been a big Brad Miller fan.  He's not enough of a rebounder for a big man, and the C's need some serious help in that department.  Brendan Haywood could've been another option I suppose.

Anyhow, down to the prime time event tomorrow.  It's D Day.  Where's Lebron going folks?  Any predictions?  I never really felt he was going to stay in Cleveland, but a lot of the so called experts are now saying that's what he's going to do.  I don't think he will go to Miami with Wade and Bosh.  I just don't see how that could possibly work.  I think his best shot at winning a championship would be in Chicago, but does he want to play in the shadow of Michael Jordan?  Even if he won 3 titles, he'd still pale in comparison to Air Jordan.  Is New York a possibility?  Is Amare enough to entice him?  I think Carmelo apparently wanting to play for the Knicks next year could be intriguing to him.  But again, I don't see how one team can have 3 young stars like that.  So maybe Cleveland is the answer.

I'll go with Chicago though.

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #318 on: July 08, 2010, 07:19:58 AM »

All the experts are saying Lebron is going to sign with the Heat, but I just can't see that happening. Bosh fits well into the Pippen/Gasol-sidekick role, and he'll be fine alongside Wade. But I don't see how Wade and Lebron can play on the same team. It just presents too many problems. Both guys need the ball in their hands. And the Heat is Wade's team; if Lebron goes to Miami, Wade will the one who orchestrated it. With the media's love for Lebron, how will Wade feel when Lebron gets all the attention and it's Wade's team? Besides, by signing Lebron, they'll have to fill out their roster with minimum salaries. I'd still take Orlando and Boston over Lebron, Wade and Bosh if they have a bunch of sucky players around them.

And as much as Lebron seems to care about his brand, about being a billion-dollar athlete and having all the sponsorhips and whatnot, I think going to the Heat would hurt him in that area. IMO, the margin between Wade and Lebron is a lot smaller than most people think. I'd rather have Wade, personally. At least he's clutch. But even if the Heat win a championship or two or three, it'll be like Kobe winning with Shaq.

And yet another thing, if Lebron decided on the Heat, why wouldn't they all three announce their decision together? Why does Lebron need his own day (and his own freaking show on primetime!!!). I think he stays in Cleveland or goes to NY. Those are the only two possible options. I actually say he chooses NY. Lebron cares just as much, if not more, about the entertainment and side-show stuff than he does about winning a championship, and in NY he'd be able to take his brand and exposure to all-new heights. Plus with Amare there now, and Carmelo or Tony Parker or someone else next year, they would have a very good team.

Just imagine how much people in Cleveland will hate this guy if he bails on them, though, and spends a whole hour tonight to rub it in their face. The most honorable thing to do would be to stay in Cleveland. But they just haven't been able to make any moves so far to improve their chances of winning a championship.

Here Today . . .
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #319 on: July 08, 2010, 07:33:08 AM »

I'm gonna go out on a BIG limb, laugh in the face of all the "experts" saying the Heat deal is almost a sure thing, and go with:

The Knicks

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: