Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:17:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The 2009/2010 NBA Season Thread
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 2009/2010 NBA Season Thread  (Read 88802 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #220 on: May 23, 2010, 04:27:24 PM »

Shaq won with Cleveland. 

I just came on to laugh at faldor a little bit.

I assume he meant Miami.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #221 on: May 23, 2010, 06:03:54 PM »

Shaq won with Cleveland. 

I assume he meant Miami.
Yeah, I did.  My bad. Obviously Shaq is nowhere near the player he used to be.  I didn't mean to insinuate he did anything good with Cleveland.  I think they were actually a worse team with him on the floor.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #222 on: May 23, 2010, 06:14:39 PM »

Shaq won with Cleveland. 

I assume he meant Miami.

Give a little gust of wind and I'm jettin'.
Shaq won with Cleveland. 

I assume he meant Miami.
Yeah, I did.  My bad. Obviously Shaq is nowhere near the player he used to be.  I didn't mean to insinuate he did anything good with Cleveland.  I think they were actually a worse team with him on the floor.

I agree on all points there.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #223 on: May 23, 2010, 06:35:25 PM »

Shaq won with Cleveland. 

I assume he meant Miami.

Give a little gust of wind and I'm jettin'.
Shaq won with Cleveland. 

I assume he meant Miami.

I agree on all points there.

And I believed that from the start.  Lots of people thought that was a great move, but I just didn't say how it made them any better.  Same with Orlando basically swapping Hedo Turkoglu for Vince Carter.  Vince has actually done a pretty good job with the Magic, but I just think they were such a better team and tougher matchup (at least for the C's) with Turkoglu.

Should the Magic bother to even show up for game 4?  It doesn't seem like they showed up for game 3, so why start now?  I know some 3-0 series deficits have been overcome recently.  2 Boston ties, with the Sox coming back against the Yanks and the Bruins choking it to the Flyers.  But I just can't see this series turning around.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #224 on: May 24, 2010, 03:14:37 AM »

amare stoudemire had a lucky game today.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #225 on: May 24, 2010, 03:07:13 PM »

Garry sez:

Boston puts up their 18th banner in the fall of 2010.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #226 on: May 25, 2010, 11:52:22 PM »

GO SUNS!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #227 on: May 26, 2010, 12:32:45 AM »

GO SUNS!
I had a dream last week that the Celtics would be playing the Suns in the finals.  I think that's how the dream went at least.  It was either that or I was having a debate in my dream as to which team I'd rather face, if the Celtics are able to finish off the Magic.

Will all this Phil Jackson drama be a distraction to the Lakers?  I still don't see how it's legal for an NBA team to talk to a coach who's already a) under contract and b) still coaching in the playoffs.  That just doesn't seem right to me.  Especially after Mark Cuban got fined for saying he'd be interested in obtaining Lebron through a sign and trade.  At least Lebron's season is over and is a free agent to be.  Seems contradictory to me.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #228 on: May 27, 2010, 12:22:57 AM »

Okay, I'm officially worried about the Celtics now.  They got blown out tonight and were completely outplayed for the second game in a row.  However, that's the least of their problems.  Kendrick Perkins got T'd up twice and was ejected from the game early in the second half.  The second technical was utterly ridiculous and should really be rescinded.  However, IF it's not, he'll be suspended for game 6 since it's his 7th tech of the playoffs.  If that's not enough, Glen Davis left the game with a concussion in the second half and look all sorts of disoriented.  Minutes later Marquis Daniels suffered the same fate.  Now Daniels isn't a huge deal since he hardly ever plays.  He was basically just playing because Perk was out and they were forced to go with a smaller lineup.  But IF they don't have Perkins AND Davis for game 6 they will be severely undermanned.  You'd have to give the Magic a huge upper hand in that scenario to send the series back to Orlando for a game 7.

So what looked like a cake walk after the first 3 games has turned into anything but.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #229 on: May 27, 2010, 05:39:32 AM »

The Sports Gods have come to Boston to collect on letting the Red Sox come back from 0-3

Boston Bruins.. now Celtics?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #230 on: May 30, 2010, 12:08:48 PM »

WHY IN THE FUCK

would a coach leave his best player on the bench till a little over 3 mins left in a MUST WIN CLOSE OUT GAME?

that has to be the dumbest coaching shit i've ever seen!

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #231 on: June 01, 2010, 05:12:55 PM »

Going to game 1 again this year, "lol."
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #232 on: June 01, 2010, 09:01:25 PM »

Any predictions for the finals?  As a Celtic fan, I'd like to say I think they'll win, and they very well may.  My only worry is, they may need to win at least 2 games in LA because they haven't been very dominant at home this season.  They actually had a better road record than home in the regular season.  So far in the post-season they're 7-2 at home, 5-3 on the road but they've lost a home game in each of the last 2 series.  So IF that trend continues and the Lakers steal a game in Boston they'd have to win 2 in LA.  With the 2-3-2 setup Boston would pretty much HAVE to be up 3-2 when they head back to LA to have a chance.

I'd say if the C's win, they do it in 6 and if LA wins, it's in 7.  But ultimately, I'm going C's in 6.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #233 on: June 01, 2010, 10:17:14 PM »

Pau Gasol fears angry black men.. KG terrifies Pau

Celts in 6

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #234 on: June 01, 2010, 10:40:23 PM »

lakers in 6
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #235 on: June 02, 2010, 01:20:54 AM »

Celdicks in 4.

Bryant goes down with an injury in the second quarter of game 1.
fito_gnr
Headliner

« Reply #236 on: June 02, 2010, 02:47:16 AM »

it's pay back time!!
first it was the suns and now the celtics...
With one more ring in kobe's hand maybe 20 years from now this era will be remembered as the kobe bryant's era... u know 5 or 7 rings, 81 point performance etc, etc.

GO LAKERS!!!

?it?s a fire you can?t stop it?s ROCK N?ROLL?
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #237 on: June 02, 2010, 06:08:29 AM »

Celts in 6

...And you still live in 2008!

That happened two years ago. In the mean time, the lakers won a championship - with Gasol. He's the main reason why the lakers have actually been in contention all these three years (says Bryant, Odom and Jackson). His addition provided the lakers the edge they needed to take their game into another level.

BTW, Gasol totally outplayed another black man (Howard) in last year's final, but I guess Dwight wasn't angry enough??  Tongue

Lakers will win probably in 6. Reason why is simply because this series is a no match up for them. Jackson's concern should be how to stop Rondo and Pierce. The Celtics  big men don't stand a chance against' the lakers big guys. KG is old and won't average more than 13 and 7. If the lakers are able to play hard defense on rondo and pierce so they don't combine for more than 40 points on each game, this series will be over in 5.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #238 on: June 02, 2010, 11:12:00 AM »

Dwight Howard isn't intimidating, he dances and smiles and is religious. But yeah, Orlando should've won last year and blew it with dumb coaching moves and Courtney Lee blowing a layup

KG talks trash and is physical and Rasheed is a thug and Perkins is rough. Pau is soft as Charmin toilet paper.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #239 on: June 03, 2010, 01:02:06 AM »

Celts in 6

...And you still live in 2008!

That happened two years ago. In the mean time, the lakers won a championship - with Gasol. He's the main reason why the lakers have actually been in contention all these three years (says Bryant, Odom and Jackson). His addition provided the lakers the edge they needed to take their game into another level.

BTW, Gasol totally outplayed another black man (Howard) in last year's final, but I guess Dwight wasn't angry enough??  Tongue

Lakers will win probably in 6. Reason why is simply because this series is a no match up for them. Jackson's concern should be how to stop Rondo and Pierce. The Celtics  big men don't stand a chance against' the lakers big guys. KG is old and won't average more than 13 and 7. If the lakers are able to play hard defense on rondo and pierce so they don't combine for more than 40 points on each game, this series will be over in 5.

Well you seem confident, and that's good.  A few things though.  Granted KG isn't quite as good as he was 2 years ago before he got injured, but he's playing A LOT better during the playoffs then he did all season long.  He's nearly back to his old self, so I wouldn't be so quick to think Pau and company will trample over him.  And admittedly the Lakers have a good frontcourt with a lot of size, but the C's are no slouches in that area with KG, Davis, Wallace, and Perkins.  I hear Bynum's draining of his knee didn't work out so well and he's not going to be anywhere near 100%, so that may be a bit of a blow to the formidable frontcourt.

Don't forget about Ray Allen either, you didn't mention him at all.  He's still capable of catching fire and scoring 30 points on a given night.  So it's far from just Pierce and Rondo, and I honestly don't see how they shut down both those guys anyway.  Who's guarding them, Artest and Kobe?  Then who guards Ray?  There's going to be a mismatch somewhere regardless.  Two years ago Kobe roamed free and paid little attention to Rondo.  I'm not so sure they can play that way and have the same success this time around.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 01:04:15 AM by faldor » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: