Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:25:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The 2009/2010 NBA Season Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 2009/2010 NBA Season Thread  (Read 88706 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #160 on: February 14, 2010, 04:38:30 PM »

Gotta love Barkley for that.

He also made another excellent point, they should have let the winner from the Sprite contest participate.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #161 on: February 14, 2010, 04:59:04 PM »

Gotta love Barkley for that.

He also made another excellent point, they should have let the winner from the Sprite contest participate.
Yeah, that guy would've brought the house down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2-hl5BkY5E

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #162 on: February 14, 2010, 05:40:18 PM »

more of a 540 but still impressive.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #163 on: February 17, 2010, 11:12:44 PM »

Looks like the Celtics are close to acquiring Nate Robinson for Eddie House.  Now they'll have both the 3 point shooting contest champ and slam dunk champ.  As if that matters.  I honestly don't really like the deal.  I know Eddie House wasn't having a real great season shooting the ball, and that's basically all he does, but I know he's capable of catching fire and hitting big 3's.  I can't say the same about Nate.  On the plus side, he's a more capable backup PG to Rondo.  Something the Celtics haven't had since Sam Cassell 2 years ago.  I also think Nate is a much better defender than House.  All in all, certainly not a blockbuster deal by any means.  More of just tweaking the roster.  Celtics are still in trouble unless they can get healthy and stay that way.  And like Charles Barkley said.  "Old people don't get healthy.  Old people die."

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2010/02/celtics-knicks.html

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #164 on: February 17, 2010, 11:37:00 PM »

Cleveland are idiots

Antwan Jamison instead of Amare

retarded

With Amare u could've had a dynasty Lebron and Amare wouldn't be fair

Jamison 33 terrible defense.......

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #165 on: February 18, 2010, 09:32:05 AM »

Yeah, but they didn't give up anything to add Jamison... From what I've read, Z is going to get a buyout and then sign back with Cleveland.  So they only gave up a pick for Jamison, Amare would have costed them more.  Furthermore, I'm not sure how great Amare will be without Nash.  Shawn Marion thought he was capable of being a huge star on a different team... then he went to Miami, TO & now Dallas to be average in all 3 places.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #166 on: February 18, 2010, 06:20:51 PM »

Amare has big time skill and Lebron is no slouch at passing

He averaged 20 and 6 without Nash in his 2nd season

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #167 on: February 22, 2010, 11:35:38 PM »

Pierce could miss Knicks game with bad thumb

thats too bad for the greatest shooter in the nba...they all can't be as tough as kobe.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #168 on: February 23, 2010, 09:27:22 AM »

Pierce could miss Knicks game with bad thumb

thats too bad for the greatest shooter in the nba...they all can't be as tough as kobe.
Just when I was starting to gain some faith in this Celtics team.  A nice start to the second half, going 3-1 out west, though they beat a Kobe-less Lakers team.  It still counts though, and their win over Portland was impressive.  But Pierce was clearly hurt in the Denver game and was ineffective.  Garnett is still only about 75%, and I'm not convinced he'll ever be 100% again.  I just don't see this team ever getting completely healthy.  They haven't been all season, so why would they magically heal all of a sudden?

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #169 on: February 23, 2010, 11:09:12 PM »

Is the Allen Iverson Era Over?

By Marc Hertz | Tuesday, February 23, 2010 4:35 PM ET

The incredibly gifted basketball player is out indefinitely to care for his ill 4-year-old daughter.

If you're an NBA fan, you know it's quite possible we may have seen the last of Allen Iverson this season. He's been a journeyman the last few years, spending time with four different teams since the '07?'08 season. He's most recently played with the team that originally drafted him, the Philadelphia 76ers, but he's had probably his worst season ever.

And now, he's left the team indefinitely to be with his 4-year-old daughter, Messiah, who has an undisclosed illness. According to Phil Jasner and Bob Cooney of the Philadelphia News, the "indefinitely" could mean the rest of the season. Iverson may be one of the more enigmatic players to have played in the NBA the past couple of decades, but he also has his priorities straight. Not only when it comes to his kids, but in the community. Since 2000, Iverson has had a charity, the Crossover Foundation, with a mission "to improve and address the health, educational and social needs of underprivileged children residing in the inner cities."

Regarding his daughter, Iverson said last week, "I have five kids. None of them have ever been this sick. It's a first-time thing for me. I like to look at myself as a strong person, especially dealing with everything in my life. But this is a totally different situation; you find out you're not as tough as you thought you were when it's one of your kids."

And make no mistake, "AI" is as tough as they come. Years before the 6-foot-4, 220-pound Dwyane Wade was driving into the paint with reckless abandon, the 6-foot, 165-pound Iverson was throwing his body all over the place and somehow, some way, still getting up. As ESPN.com's Bill Simmons opined in 2006, "He's an athletic freak." Pure and simple, the guy can play the game.

Iverson turns 35 in June and he's taken a pounding over the years, so combine that with the current uncertainty surrounding his daughter's health and the future becomes more uncertain. And while he may have unwittingly torpedoed the near future of my favorite team, the Detroit Pistons, he's one of the most incredible talents the game has seen and, as Simmons noted, he's on the short list of players "who will never be seen again for genetic or physical reasons."

We hope it isn't the last we've seen of him on the court, but if it is, we'll miss him, as will the NBA. His combination of pure talent, brashness and fire has been amazing to watch and made him one of the greatest ever. We hope his daughter gets better soon and that, no matter what his NBA future holds, the work he does with the Crossover Foundation continues.

http://www.tonic.com/article/allen-iverson-uncertain-nba-future/

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #170 on: February 24, 2010, 05:59:24 PM »

AI has been finished for 5 years

Mavs will Destroy the Lakers tonight!

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #171 on: February 24, 2010, 06:10:45 PM »

Oh D, you are one funny guy  hihi
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #172 on: February 27, 2010, 09:19:05 PM »

THE one and only highlight from the Celtics side of things during their loss to one of the worst teams in NBA history today.

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/celts-get-crushed-by-worst-team-in-history-of-the-nba-tommy-heinsohn-too-busy-making-out-with-maria-menounos-to-notice-or-care/

Damn, she's fine!  And good for Tommy.  The guy is old, he deserves some loving.  I'm surprised he didn't try to slip her the tongue.  I think she would've been down.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #173 on: February 27, 2010, 09:50:03 PM »

Win without Caron Butler!

I went to the Dallas vs Atlanta game last night.

was amazing seeing Kidd make NBA history in person. Dirk did awesome as well so it was a great night.

very awesome game as the momentum shifts were crazy.

Thanks to Jamal Crawford remembering he was Jamal Crawford and shooting terrible shots and Josh Smith forgetting he can't shoot.

down 15, i told my GF "It ain't over" and god damn it, we came back!

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #174 on: February 28, 2010, 02:53:06 PM »

Allen Iverson Could Be Playing For a Contender This Season
by Dwyane Montell

It would be nice to see Iverson getting 30 minutes a night for a contending team late in the season. Iverson could also help a team that is a player away from being an elite team. He can help a lot of teams still but would they take Iverson?

The first team that comes to mind is the Celtics. This team has been bitten by injuries all year long and Iverson would be the perfect player to come in and rescue this team. Lately the Celtics have been struggling and many are saying that the Celtics glory days are already over because of the teams health. The C's have been playing without toughness and killer instinct lately and Iverson would be the perfect player to give them that toughness and killer instinct plus he can still score the ball. Iverson could give the Celtics the spark they are missing.

Another team that could really use Iverson is the Miami Heat. The Heat are currently 8th in the Eastern Conference and are a player away from being a top 5 team in the East because they have Dwyane Wade and any team that has a player as good as Wade can contend if it has the right players around him. Wade really wanted Iverson in the off season but it did not happened then now the opportunity could come up again and Iverson and Wade could form a back court that can surprise a lot of people come playoff time.

How about the San Antonio Spurs. The Spurs still have a great big three with Duncan, Parker and Manu Ginobli. This season they have been sort of lost and are currently sitting at 7th in the West and are missing something. What if Iverson was the starting 2 guard for the Spurs with Manu coming off the bench for him. The Spurs would get 18 more points a night and 6 assists if Iverson was given Ginobli like minutes and the Spurs could possibly go back to the Western Conference Finals this season.

Many teams could use Iverson but those three come to mind right away. Some other teams that are a player away from contending with the Cavs and Lakers are the Raptors, Jazz and what if the Nuggets brought Iverson back? He would fit in perfectly with that team considering he was putting up 26.4 ppg and 7.2 apg just a two seasons ago for them. The Raptors could use another scorer and veteran that can still give you 20 in his sleep if given the right offence. Would the Lakers be a lock to win it all if they picked up Iverson?

There are a lot of teams that are in need of a player that can give them that swagger and toughness that Iverson brings. Also who wouldn't want a guy that can get you 20 points in his sleep. Iverson could be playing for a contender this season if he is waived by Monday and it would be the feel good sports story of the year if he helped a team get to the Conference Finals or even the Finals.

Think about the Spurs with Iverson playing 33 mpg and giving them 18-20 points a night or the Celtics getting that same spark from Iverson. Even the Jazz could do some damage in the playoffs with Iverson on the squad playing the same team oriented game he has been playing with the Sixers all year.

If Iverson is waived by the Sixers by Monday than Iverson will get his final chance to go out with a bang or even a championship and that would be the feel good sports story of the year considering all the stuff hes gone through in the past year and a half.

There are a lot of great teams that still having questions being asked bout them and nobody knows how far some of these teams can go.

Allen Iverson can be the "Answer" to those questions.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/353681-allen-iverson-could-be-playing-for-a-contender-this-season

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #175 on: February 28, 2010, 08:40:10 PM »

I'm not a big Iverson fan, but at this point I'd take a flier on him if I were the Celtics.  They've shown me that they are not ever going to be healthy enough to be a true contender this season.  Would Iverson help?  Maybe, maybe not.  But standing pat probably won't work in the end either, so it might be worth a shot to do something drastic.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #176 on: March 01, 2010, 04:01:27 AM »

You're both funny, in a non-funny way.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #177 on: March 01, 2010, 11:47:26 PM »

Lebron applied to change his number to #6 next season which is only necessary if he stays in Cleveland... doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it's a good sign for Cavs fans.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #178 on: March 05, 2010, 10:53:39 AM »

Stop the presses and warm up those duck boats for another championship ride!  Michael Finley is coming to the Celtics.  Man, he makes the old guys on our team look young.   

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #179 on: March 05, 2010, 01:10:46 PM »

Stop the presses and warm up those duck boats for another championship ride!  Michael Finley is coming to the Celtics.  Man, he makes the old guys on our team look young.   

The final piece of the puzzle is in place.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: