Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:33:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The 2009/2010 NBA Season Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 2009/2010 NBA Season Thread  (Read 88713 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #140 on: January 22, 2010, 09:19:03 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afKsssTPfyw
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2010, 09:41:53 AM »

They are who we thought they were!

I'm still selling subscriptions to my daily publication, "Doom and Gloom."  Lakers fans get 75% off their first order, and a special edition "Doom and Gloom" hat.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #142 on: February 01, 2010, 10:49:47 AM »

The Celtics just look old.....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #143 on: February 01, 2010, 11:05:11 AM »

Yes they certainly do.  People keep saying, all they have to do is be healthy for the post-season.  Well, maybe that's true.  But I don't see it happening.  They haven't been 100% all season long, so why should I expect them to be come playoff time?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #144 on: February 01, 2010, 12:04:09 PM »

Yes they certainly do.  People keep saying, all they have to do is be healthy for the post-season.  Well, maybe that's true.  But I don't see it happening.  They haven't been 100% all season long, so why should I expect them to be come playoff time?

Garnett does NOT look "right".  Something is up with that knee....something more than just a tweak or strain. 

And Ray looks like he's running on 50 year old legs right now.  I've watched him since college....and he looks like he's ready for the senior circuit, right now.

Together again,
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2010, 01:25:42 PM »

Garnett does NOT look "right".  Something is up with that knee....something more than just a tweak or strain. 

And Ray looks like he's running on 50 year old legs right now.  I've watched him since college....and he looks like he's ready for the senior circuit, right now.

He hasn't looked "right" since last year.

Remember how they kept saying Garnett would be available in the Bulls series "if needed?"

Unless he has major reconstructive surgery, he will never be the same player.  The Celtics organization is keeping this on the hush-hush.

Black mamba.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #146 on: February 01, 2010, 01:31:19 PM »

Black mamba.

Kobe wasn't exactly lighting it up yesterday, though.  8-20?  Less then 20 pts?  Yes, he hit the game winner, but....where was he the rest of the game?  Had he shown up, the Lakers would've won by 20. Smiley

Together again,
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #147 on: February 01, 2010, 01:52:55 PM »

Black mamba.

Kobe wasn't exactly lighting it up yesterday, though.  8-20?  Less then 20 pts?  Yes, he hit the game winner, but....where was he the rest of the game?  Had he shown up, the Lakers would've won by 20. Smiley

Broken finger?

Have you ever tried to play basketball with a broken finger?  Or write?

I tried dribbling a basketball with a sprained finger and I ran home and cried in my mommy's arms.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #148 on: February 01, 2010, 02:07:11 PM »

Broken finger?

I tried dribbling a basketball with a sprained finger and I ran home and cried in my mommy's arms.

Many, many times.  You should see the knuckles on BOTH my middle fingers...both broken (more than once) while playing (and continuing to play) basketball. It sucks, but that's what trainers are for.

It hurts, but provided you tape it, it's never really effected my shot. Or my dribbling..but then, as a 4/5I never had to do a whole lot of that.

Even Kobe admitted it was the way they defended him and tried to make everyone else beat 'em.  He just couldn't get good shots off.

Together again,
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #149 on: February 01, 2010, 02:23:32 PM »

Broken finger?

Many, many times.  You should see the knuckles on BOTH my middle fingers...both broken (more than once) while playing (and continuing to play) basketball. It sucks, but that's what trainers are for.

It hurts, but provided you tape it, it's never really effected my shot. Or my dribbling..but then, as a 4/5I never had to do a whole lot of that.

Even Kobe admitted it was the way they defended him and tried to make everyone else beat 'em.  He just couldn't get good shots off.

He's been struggling for awhile.

And, he did get plenty of wide open looks!  He just couldn't hit them.

On one hand, I'm glad the team stepped up, but on the other hand, Boston isn't so hot right now, so I'll curb my enthusiasm, if you will.

Rajon Rondo is wasting his talents over there.  The Big 3 will be no more come this offseason.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2010, 02:42:32 PM »

He's been struggling for awhile.

And, he did get plenty of wide open looks!  He just couldn't hit them.

On one hand, I'm glad the team stepped up, but on the other hand, Boston isn't so hot right now, so I'll curb my enthusiasm, if you will.

Rajon Rondo is wasting his talents over there.  The Big 3 will be no more come this offseason.

Likely by the trade deadline, if Allen's shooting woes keep up.  They'll trade him, and maybe another piece, to someone looking to clear cap space at the end of the season, so they can bring in a hired gun and make one more run.

Pierce and Garnett are going nowhere, though.  Pierce because....they're not letting him go.  Garnett because he has no place TO go, especially with his knee the way it looks to be.  And Rondo just signed a new deal that would make him very hard to trade.

But Ray is gonzo....

Together again,
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #151 on: February 02, 2010, 12:18:07 AM »

Utah Jazz....on the war path. ok
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #152 on: February 10, 2010, 02:18:43 PM »

Allen Iverson Could Save His Career This Weekend

By Dwyane Montell

We are less than a week away from the 2010 NBA All-Star game, which will be played in front of possibly 90,000 people at the Cowboys stadium in Dallas. The one man who will have all eyes on him is the guy who has had all eyes on him for the past 10 years: Allen Ezail Iverson.

Iverson has a chance to prove to the world that he does deserve this spot in the All-Star game. And who knows, since he has been on this three-game personal leave to attend to his daughter, he may have also been training.

AI is one hungry player, and he is hungry to prove people wrong and prove to coaches and owners around the league that he is still an elite player. What better place to do it than the All-Star game?

Twenty-five of the best players will be playing in that game, and Iverson has a chance to show the world that he is still capable of taking over in big games.

Iverson has put on a show every time he has played in the All-Star game. He is a two time All-Star game MVP ('01, '05) and dropped 35-7-7 in the 2003 All-Star game, when his team came up short to the West in OT.

What a night it would be if Iverson were to win the game MVP for a third time this weekend. Imagine if he came out firing jumpers, crossing everyone up, and throwing alley-oops to LeBron and D-Wade like he did to Vince and T-Mac in the early 2000s. What if he hit three-pointer after three-pointer like he did in 2001, and what if his team won?

AI can have a 20 point, 10 assist game, and if his team wins, he will be the last man standing so that he can raise another MVP trophy.

This All-Star game is the most important of Iverson's career. It could be his last, or it could extend his career, depending on how he plays.

Coach Van Gundy will probably play him if he plays well in the first quarter, and if AI gets around 25 minutes, then this All-Star game could be one for the ages. What a feel good story it would be if Iverson, who was not wanted by any teams in the offseason, won the All-Star MVP, especially since his daughter has been ill for the past week.

Iverson owes the world a performance to remember. He owes the fans who voted him into this game a performance to remember. Iverson owes the owners and executives who did not want him on their teams during the offseason this performance. And most of all, he owes the Sixers this performance.  If they had not taken a chance, then this scenario would not have been possible.

Iverson needs this performance, and the world needs this performance. Iverson was born to be an All-Star. Now it is his time to shine brightest.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/342963-iverson-could-save-his-career-this-weekend

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #153 on: February 12, 2010, 04:00:26 AM »

So much for that.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #154 on: February 13, 2010, 08:45:52 PM »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

My Mavs made a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE trade today and I am so excited as if u can't tell

WE get:

Caron Butler
Brendan Haywood
Deshawn Stevenson

We give up
Josh Howard
Drew Gooden
James Singleton
Quinton Ross

WINNNNNNNNN

We have a much better team today.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #155 on: February 13, 2010, 08:50:40 PM »

Yeah that's a great deal for the Mavs.  I was hoping the C's could've pulled off the rumored Butler/Jamison for Allen/Scalabrine deal.  It sounded way too good to be true though.  Mavs did well, for sure.  Butler is a great player, and he played at UConn which is an added bonus.  peace

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2010, 02:50:57 AM »

Worst dunk contest ever.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2010, 02:53:18 AM »

James and Wade need to enter the next contest....Hope we get some good contestants for next year contest since ill be at LA.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2010, 12:42:42 PM »

Retire the dunk contest.  Gerald Wallace first dunk was an all-time low point for this event.  The crowd didn't even flinch.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2010, 01:13:43 PM »

Yeah the dunk contest was awful.  It has been bad for some time now, although the last few years it was sort of brought back to life with Dwight Howard and Nate Robinson.  But last night was bad.  2 good dunks, and the rest were just bad.  I saw 2 better dunks by Stanley Robinson at the UConn/Cincy game yesterday.

I like how the TNT crew didn't sugarcoat it though and pretend that it was exciting.  They were honest about how much it sucked.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: