Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 10:40:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228116 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Brain "probably not" touring
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brain "probably not" touring  (Read 11029 times)
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2009, 07:20:12 AM »

I also have it a little bit more for Frank actually...

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2009, 08:06:39 AM »

fair enough. Brain dindt really put the Band as his priority back in 2007, did he?

As much as I like Brain,  I think Frank deserves to be there.

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2009, 08:18:50 AM »

I love Frank so it's not a problem for me

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2009, 08:20:13 AM »

Frank or Brain Live  wont make a huge difference.  Ive seen them with Frank in 06 and he was great.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2009, 08:28:20 AM »

Frank or Brain Live  wont make a huge difference.  Ive seen them with Frank in 06 and he was great.
exactly, this is no biggie

and maybe he's just not 100% sure that there will be a tour in decemember, so to let as few fans as possible get excited if it's not happening he says he'll "probably not hit the road" instead of later being called a "liar", maybe this is not very likely but i won't be the one who says what likely and not in the world of GNR

but as the senator said, it doesn't make a huge difference live
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2009, 09:26:35 AM »

fair enough. Brain dindt really put the Band as his priority back in 2007, did he?

He had his first child........
would you be on the drums.

some would.. but some would also stay home and look after the kid.
I don't blame him for that decision. Frank is a great drummer for gnr.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2009, 09:40:55 AM »

i don't care a fuck who is hitting the drums as long gnr tours i am happy

brain is less of a player on ycbm and brain less of a technical drummer

both got their  flaws

but concert wouldnt be a total disaster when one of the two is behind the drumkit

do you really think Brain cant play the YCBM intro exactly the same than Matt? Do you really think are skills what stop Brain to play that intro identical to UYI2? Brain is 10000x a more skilled drummer than Matt, and if he could ''copy'' Freese he can copy Matt with eyes closed. He simply didnt want to copy Sorum. YCBM intro can be played by a noob drummer after 4 lessons...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Ganzo
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2009, 09:47:12 AM »

No problem isn't skill ofcourse brain is talented but I think he doesn't really into Gnr so he makes mistakes....I like Frank's job I prefer him simple but %100 working for Guns n roses
bushkarocks!!
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2009, 11:07:32 AM »

i don't care a fuck who is hitting the drums as long gnr tours i am happy

brain is less of a player on ycbm and brain less of a technical drummer

both got their  flaws

but concert wouldnt be a total disaster when one of the two is behind the drumkit

do you really think Brain cant play the YCBM intro exactly the same than Matt? Do you really think are skills what stop Brain to play that intro identical to UYI2? Brain is 10000x a more skilled drummer than Matt, and if he could ''copy'' Freese he can copy Matt with eyes closed. He simply didnt want to copy Sorum. YCBM intro can be played by a noob drummer after 4 lessons...

if he can why screw it up then everytime
but as  said i don't mind wich of the two is behind the drumkit there isnt much difference
Il?vatar
Headliner

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2009, 11:21:38 AM »

I was desperate to see Brain play live with the band again, the drumming on Shacklers, Riad, Catcher, Scraped and Prostitute are amongst my favourite moments on CD and I had everything crossed hoping that I'd get the chance to see Brain hammering them out live one day. He is a top bloke and shot me a number of emails answering my questions earlier this year which meant a lot to me, he was hopeful then of touring but things must have changed.

I was also glad he took the time to give one of the best interviews available to fans about the actual making of the album:

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/2009/04/brain-axl-wants-to-put-out-remix-album.html
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2009, 11:25:21 AM »

oh... interesting... that was posted by the same dude of this post  Roll Eyes

It's not going to be like the UYI tours.  More along the lines of what they did for NR at the VMAs in 92.  Think about how amazing that would be for songs like Prostitiute, November Rain, This I Love, Madagascar, etc...

This is the blog of jazz trumpeter Ashley Morgan.

Here are the facts...

"I don?t know Axl Rose personally but recent occurrences in my other life have resulted in a potential crossing of paths. A forthcoming Guns N? Roses world tour, perhaps in 2010 or 2011, if my usually reliable sources are to be believed, and will take the form of a lavish stadium show, complete with a full orchestra. Due to my connections, for which I am ever thankful, one of the trumpet chairs in that orchestra may have my name on it."

http://www.upstartblogger.com/the-axl-rose-school-of-blogging

Not true

So you might as well stop repeating that "orchestra rumor" right now.  ok

/jarmo

Ok dick...Notice how all I did was post a link to a reputible musicians's blog.  I wasnt simply saying something just to say it.  As for Brain's email, if you really are that doubtful I can send you a link.  Roll Eyes
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2009, 11:29:56 AM »

i really like brain. earlier he seemed to be so enthusiastic about touring in guns like greentee mentioned and axl seemed to be happy to have both brain and frank. i was looking forward to seeing the two drummers on stage.
shame but there must be reasons he's not likely to tour.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2009, 11:36:10 AM »

Ok dick...Notice how all I did was post a link to a reputible musicians's blog.  I wasnt simply saying something just to say it.  As for Brain's email, if you really are that doubtful I can send you a link.  Roll Eyes

So because I told you that "the rumor you heard" is false, I'm a dick?

Fine. I'd be happy to be one then.

Enjoy your warning.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2009, 11:37:06 AM »

So because I told you that "the rumor you heard" is false, I'm a dick?

Fine. I'd be happy to be one then.

Enjoy your warning.

/jarmo

I wasnt talking to you Jarmo.  I was talking to the person I quoted.  No need to apologize.  Read his post.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2009, 11:39:26 AM »

Still, enjoy your warning for the insult.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2009, 11:43:33 AM »

Still, enjoy your warning for the insult.  ok

/jarmo

Lol, awe too proud?  I've seen you say far worse and use far more profane language with people you constantly argue with on this board.  I dont need to quote you, because I dont have to.  Hope your backstage passes are worth being a dick to people who are just trying to enjoy your site.  ok

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2009, 11:48:18 AM »

Profanity has fucking nothing to do with it.

When will you get it?

I don't care if you say fuck or shit.  Roll Eyes

If you call somebody a (fucking) idiot or something else just because the guy points out something in your posts, I will care.

You're obviously pretty clueless about a lot of things.....

And way to fucking go. Once again, it has to become personal..... Haha. Priceless tactic. Never fails.

/jarmo

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2009, 11:48:36 AM »

^ Yeah, good idea to insult the adm of the board.  hihi

He had his first child........
would you be on the drums.

some would.. but some would also stay home and look after the kid.
I don't blame him for that decision. Frank is a great drummer for gnr.

I said 2007 tour, not 2006. His kid was still a baby, of course, but how much time does a professional need to stay at home?

I mean, in real life, people can't just enjoy a year or so being a father. They need to get back to work... And seemed he did that, but not with Guns.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2009, 12:03:27 PM »

Profanity has fucking nothing to do with it.

When will you get it?

I don't care if you say fuck or shit.  Roll Eyes

If you call somebody a (fucking) idiot or something else just because the guy points out something in your posts, I will care.

You're obviously pretty clueless about a lot of things.....

And way to fucking go. Once again, it has to become personal..... Haha. Priceless tactic. Never fails.

/jarmo

So calling someone a dick is more of an insult than someone trying to discredit a true story because of a link posted that was then discredited, which is what I was responding to.  I would like to see how a truly moral person such as yourself would have handled it.

And as for the personal attacks.  Well, some of us have our "warning buttons" and some of us have our own observations to use.  You use yours at your all too obvious discretion as do I mine. 

Maybe if you didnt broadcast it in your post, and would have taken the time to actually see who I was responding to, I would not have felt inclined to respond that way.

I come here for news on my favorite band and find myself getting into this ridiculous argument with you.  This is a good site, and I'm happy for your success with it.  Honest.  But you have a ways to go when it comes to getting into it with your visitors.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2009, 12:11:33 PM »

Yes, insulting another user is against the board rules.

If you hadn't done that, I couldn't have cared less about your post.

I understand that maybe you thought you had found some kind of inside scoop on the full orchestra touring with GN'R and nobody likes to be told they're wrong.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: