Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:37:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Brain "probably not" touring
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brain "probably not" touring  (Read 10976 times)
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2009, 12:14:51 PM »

Jarmo's house, jarmo's rules. Been like that since '02 and prob before. He has his defense missiles ready at all times. Has to. Hey jarmo, remember that Van Halen fan board invasion way back when?

So, back on topic...............

As long as Axl shows up, the show will go on regardless of which highly talented musician joins him. If they are on the stage with Axl, then they are talented enough to be there. My opinion.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
The Illusionist
Headliner

Illusion

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2009, 12:46:04 PM »

Do we know what's going on with Robin Fink?  Is he gone for good too?

<i>Double Talkin' Jive Motherfucker</i>
The Illusionist
Headliner

Illusion

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2009, 12:48:47 PM »

I know we have DJ Ashba "officially" replacing him but I wasn't sure how serious it was.

<i>Double Talkin' Jive Motherfucker</i>
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2009, 12:53:31 PM »

How serious what was?

DJ replaced Robin. Seems pretty "serious"?  Huh

Hey jarmo, remember that Van Halen fan board invasion way back when?

Yes....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2009, 12:55:06 PM »

I know we have DJ Ashba "officially" replacing him but I wasn't sure how serious it was.

well it was posted on the official site, the official myspace, and dj says he's in rehersals with GnR right now.. so thats about as serious as it gets.
djcleaver
Rocker

deep waits...

« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2009, 03:31:44 PM »

Well I'm glad Frank will be back, he really is a great guy and I've always liked his work.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2009, 03:41:21 PM »

thanks for the info....sucks that Brain wont be back. But at this point as long as Axl shows up who really cares.

Until a gnr lineup stays together for the making, recording, and touring of at least one album then it will just be an Axl show at this point.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2009, 03:51:21 PM »

You sound like a broken record.....

By the looks of thing, the "line up" that recorded the album never existed at the same time.

Or do have you proof that Axl, Dizzy, Chris, Richard, Frank, Ron, Tommy, Robin, Brain, Buckethead and Paul were all planning to tour together?

Since Paul wasn't gonna be a touring member anyway, the line up with him wasn't meant to tour.

That alone makes it impossible to get what you want..... But you keep going on and on about it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2009, 06:01:25 PM »

By the looks of thing, the "line up" that recorded the album never existed at the same time.

Or do have you proof that Axl, Dizzy, Chris, Richard, Frank, Ron, Tommy, Robin, Brain, Buckethead and Paul were all planning to tour together?

Since Paul wasn't gonna be a touring member anyway, the line up with him wasn't meant to tour.

That alone makes it impossible to get what you want..... But you keep going on and on about it.

The lineup that created and  recorded the bulk of CD is Axl, Dizzy, Bucket, Tommy, Tobias, Robin, Brain, Pitman..and a liltle Fortus.

Frank and Ron are on the album by default

last I checked in 2002 and even some of 2006 had the majority of those members on tour. Really just minus Bucket because Paul never had plans of being a touring member.

Rock n roll is about guitars and vocals. The guitarists in GNR who created a good bulk of CD will not be on the Chinese Democracy World tour. Its like old GNR releasing AFD and then shortly after touring without Slash and Izzy.

I dont know why the reality of the situation bothers you so much but from here on out its all about Axl. Until this current lineup or whatever lineup there is a yr or so from now records and creates the majority of what makes it on a record and then tours its an Axl thing. Nothing wrong with that. It is what it is.

It must be a little bit of a bummer for a kid from Idaho to dig CD and then learn that the guitarists of his favorite solos and songs are gone and wont be touring. Hence this show right now is mostly an Axl thing. And of course for the alumni who have remained loyal like Dizzy and Pitman...but mainly TOmmy
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 06:11:31 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2009, 06:09:03 PM »

It must be a little bit of a bummer for a kid from Idaho to dig CD and then learn that the guitarists of his favorite solos and songs are gone and wont be touring

Or some wiffleball playing chump from cheap-ass Jersey.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2009, 06:09:45 PM »

Bothers me?

You're the one who keeps going on and on about it....

I know Buckethead hasn't been part of GN'R since 2004.

He put his mark on the album, it's there for us all to listen to and he didn't want to be part of the touring band. So he was replaced. Doesn't bother me at all!

You on the other hand...

So I'm just wondering when you'll stop posting the same "it's not the same line up that recorded the album" crap... We know!

/jarmo

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2009, 06:16:11 PM »

Or some wiffleball playing chump from cheap-ass Jersey.

lol.

Bothers me?

You're the one who keeps going on and on about it....

I know Buckethead hasn't been part of GN'R since 2004.

He put his mark on the album, it's there for us all to listen to and he didn't want to be part of the touring band. So he was replaced. Doesn't bother me at all!

You on the other hand...

So I'm just wondering when you'll stop posting the same "it's not the same line up that recorded the album" crap... We know!

It doesnt bother me. Im gonna go to the shows and enjoy the hell out of it. But its really just an Axl show at the moment. Nothing wrong with that...again, it is what it is.

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2009, 06:18:08 PM »

An Axl Rose only should would be....uhhh, mm, well, Axl Rose only.

English, motherfucker!  Do you speak it?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2009, 06:20:09 PM »

sum tymez I Englush speeek

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2009, 06:24:05 PM »

But its really just an Axl show at the moment.

No, it's not. He's got a band. Just like in the past.

You seem to forget that Buckethead joined the band Axl was in, not the other way around.

So if you want to use the "Axl show" excuse, it's been true for longer than you want to admit.

/jarmo

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2009, 06:26:24 PM »

what?  nervous

smoking
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2009, 06:29:54 PM »

Theres no way it could possibly be an Axl only show.   Without the band, there is no music..

Why the fuck are people complaining about the touring band vs the recording band again??
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2009, 06:31:40 PM »

No, it's not. He's got a band. Just like in the past.
And what happened to GNR when Slash, Izzy, and Duff left?

Forget about the media....Im talking about the actual GNR fan base. Did most of the old fans support Axl over the past decade? The fans that jumped ship or lost interest in the band probably felt that any new incarnation would have to impress them via new music. Slash and company gained their support and hearts with the music they created.

If old GNR toured right after AFD without Slash and Izzy..particularly Slash... would it still have been the same? It might have been called GNR but in reality it wouldnt have been. And thats my only point.

You seem to forget that Buckethead joined the band Axl was in, not the other way around.

You seem to forget that most people think that this is an Axl Rose solo gig. And as fans of Axl, we can no longer dispute that argument.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 06:38:33 PM by younggunner » Logged

AC
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2009, 06:36:25 PM »

You seem to forget that most people think that this is an Axl Rose solo gig. And as fans of Axl, we can no longer dispute that argument.

Who cares? LOL. Lot of people here with nothing better to do these days. It's impressive.

AC

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2009, 06:38:21 PM »

uuuffff.... OLD DISCUSSIONS... By Newbies

On-Topic:

Me Favorite Drum In History Is Brain, excelent:

Writing, Dj, Creator, Drum, Producer, etc, etc.. General Music Styles, GENIUS: HipHop, Rock, Hardcore, Funk Is GOD

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: