Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 04:27:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Message to GNR fans asking about GNR tour plans (from Ron)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Message to GNR fans asking about GNR tour plans (from Ron)  (Read 3456 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« on: September 16, 2009, 04:10:27 PM »

From Ron's site:
Message to GNR fans asking about GNR tour plans...

Hundreds of people have been writing, wanting to know about GNR's future touring plans. I'm not the guy to ask about ongoing bizz - if anyone, you'd have to ask GNR management about future plans, but please understand that if they haven't officially announced plans, they're not going to do it through personal emails. As for me, I'm not at business meetings with booking agents, promoters, venues, sponsors, and *I don't want to be*. Being the guitarist in GNR is enough, not going to open the door to managerial duties. If GNR management confirmed that everything did-or-did-not work out to make any shows happen, and I was 100% sure that I had the confirmed final developments on things, and if it wouldn't screw up how GNR wanted to announce things, only then would I comment. Anything sooner than that would be spreading information prematurely and could be setting up fans for disappointment, and could affect the outcome of deals that were still being worked on. When GNR management is able to confirm anything, they will do it, in the way they feel is best, when they feel the time is right. Until then, think about other things. Build a cardhouse. Fry an egg. Read a book by a tree. When GNR management is ready to announce accurate definite information, they will.

Thanks to everyone that reached out wanting to know. You've been a pain in my ass, and I love you for it. Out of decency to fans, knowing many are ready to rearrange their plans and put a lot of effort into being at shows, I hope any confirmations can come sooner than later... some of you have plane tickets to book, time off from work to plan, tickets to save up for - I appreciate the Hell out of it and am grateful for it and will do my best to make it worth it, given the chance. Thanks.....

Ron

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 04:20:17 PM »

ok

Thanks Ron!
So.... time will say
axljungle
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 04:31:19 PM »

Awsome note, thanks Ron, you're a great guy.  ok

cineater
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 04:34:29 PM »

Probably doesn't like the taste of soap is the real reason--lol  That was a joke.

Thanks Ron, you're wonderful.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 04:57:32 PM »

I'm not at business meetings with booking agents, promoters, venues, sponsors, and *I don't want to be

rofl hihi rofl

Thankz, Ron "BUMBLEFOOT" Thal, Lead Guitar Of GNR...

You Is The Man !!

Cheers  russtcb

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 05:23:25 PM »

Thanks for the message Ron. We'll all try to lay off ya.  peace

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
angeles
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 05:53:11 PM »

Ron is so kind!!! as always ... thanks Ron !!!  Kiss kisses
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 06:47:12 PM »

Ron is awesome.   He doesn't want to be involved in the business aspect of things, he is 100% there for the music.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 07:08:18 PM »

He must be getting sick of saying these things over an over.  Yet like he says, at the same time he loves it because it shows so many people care.

You'd think fans would learn by now they're not gonna uncover some exclusive by asking Ron or any other members.  It's great to have a connection to these guys through facebook, twitter, myspace, etc.  But let's not mistake this for being on the inner circle or anything.  We'll know whatever it is we need to know when they decide we need to know it.   Huh

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 08:38:15 PM »

Ron by far is one of my all time fav. GN'R members!! What's New Pussycat RULES!!
                                                                                     -B-Foot 4 Prez.!
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 08:52:51 PM »

He's being open and honest, how can you not respect that ?

The tour will happen when it happens.

horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 10:20:34 PM »

allrighty then ron thanks

the one an only horsey !
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 10:47:32 PM »

Ron is sooo dreamy...I mean cool. Hes a cool guy.

2012 is like Christmas!
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 11:53:08 PM »

At least Ron can give us some insight on this great job man ok

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
cineater
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 01:47:24 AM »

So I thought his plans for the fall was put a band together and do some shows.  How's he going to do that and spend 60 days in LA? 

You know I'm running with that and have drawn my own conculsions!

Long time for management to be in meetings.  Guess they're not loving their pains in the ass like Ron.

downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 02:36:46 AM »

Just further proof that it isn't what you say but how you say it.  Here's more evidence that Ron should handle all GNR publicity when it comes to interviews and such.  The guy is a class act, who knows and respects what having fans is all about, and speaks with appreciation for the what he's been blessed with. 

That's not to say that Axl doesn't, as I'm sure he's very grateful for having countless fans supporting him.  Like I said, it's not what's said but sometimes how it's said. 

Thanks Ron!  Looking forward to seeing you and the boys when you hit Canada.  Normally I hit up five or six shows per tour, but my financial situation isn't what it once was.  I'll have to do with just one show.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
cineater
Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 08:05:58 AM »

lol--everybody fuck with Ron.  By the way Troy is Patrick your middle name?  I mean people's middle name is only normally used with the rest of their name when they are in trouble.  I'm wondering if you were in trouble so much as a kid you grew up thinking your whole name was what it should be?

No to Ron as the PR person, no band members, no road managers, fucking hire a professional PR person!  Not so much for what's not being said but for what is said.  Not to say that what Ron says is a problem, he's great.

wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 08:22:36 AM »

So I thought his plans for the fall was put a band together and do some shows.  How's he going to do that and spend 60 days in LA? 

Long time for management to be in meetings.
  Guess they're not loving their pains in the ass like Ron.

The history clearly hasn't been learnt, why would anybody do a deal that they aren't happy with? If the deals right for all concerned then there will be shows. If it takes longer to get there so be it, all I know it will be worth it.

I'm happy for you to run with you thoughts, why not, its not if others depend on it is it. I would like to share your hopes based on these thoughts, however forgive me for not wanting to put my life on hold waiting though. The Isle of Festival is going ahead next year, I hope the band will play it, but if not, I guess I'll drink the beers I'd happily buy on my doorstep so to speak  beer
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 08:25:21 AM by wight gunner » Logged

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 08:26:02 AM »

Long time for management to be in meetings.
  Guess they're not loving their pains in the ass like Ron.

The history clearly hasn't been learnt, why would anybody do a deal that they aren't happy with? If the deals right for all concerned then there will be shows. If it takes longer to get there so be it, all I know it will be worth it.

I'm happy for you to run with you thoughts, why not, its not if others depend on it is it. I would like to share your hopes based on these thoughts, however forgive me for not wanting to put my life on hold waiting though. The Isle of Festival is going ahead next year, I hope the band will play it, but if not, I guess I'll drink the beers I'd happily buy for 'em on my doorstep so to speak  beer

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 11:04:08 AM »

Thanks Ron any news is good news yes. I appreciate he has taken this time to answer, so rumors can now cease ok

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: