Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 05:17:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  One of those moments when songs hit you in a certain way
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: One of those moments when songs hit you in a certain way  (Read 3221 times)
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« on: September 10, 2009, 04:55:12 PM »

Now I may be on my own here but I find if I'm listening to guns when either falling asleep or while asleep the songs seem to connect with me more. Well last night I was listening to  estranged and my room was completely silent and I was half asleep and it just clicked for the first time in a long time. I could make out litttle things that I missed before and just really made me see how good the song actually is.

Well that's my two cents.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 05:00:46 PM »

the last couple of songs (of CD) are soothing while trying to sleep, fell asleep once woke the fuck up cause i had it on repeat and the intro to SR fucked me up the ears
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 05:11:39 PM »

Funny that you mention this now! Because i have the same expirience a couple of hours ago!

I came home from work, and felt the need for some rest. (Work as an archaeologist) I had been digging in the dirt all day, and came back to base, and blacked out on the bed, while listening to Chinese Democracy! I had this state (i think its called sleep paralyze, or something) half awake, half dreaming!
I had a very absurd dream, about going really fast on "ROLLER-SKIS" (dont know why, because i have never even tried that kind of sport before).
Anyway. In the background i could hear "There was a Time" and i was skiing faster and faster! It felt like the whole world was watching me! And i did it pretty well! And i could hear any fucking detail of the song! And i experienced the song a whole new way! It was amazing! LOL Crazy story from a crazy dude!

I guess all the archaeology have made my thoughts go pretty fucking wild!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 05:19:00 PM »

Happens to me when I lay down before I go to bed or late at night and drift away with the BOSE on. Pick up so much stuff never heard before.
axljungle
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 06:18:20 PM »

Now I may be on my own here but I find if I'm listening to guns when either falling asleep or while asleep the songs seem to connect with me more. Well last night I was listening to  estranged and my room was completely silent and I was half asleep and it just clicked for the first time in a long time. I could make out litttle things that I missed before and just really made me see how good the song actually is.

Well that's my two cents.

+1

This happens to me today, with There Was A Time.

And I feel the same hearing "If The World" in the beach, with the sound of the sea  drool

Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 07:33:09 PM »

I did the same thing last night!   Before going to bed, I listened to Street of Dreams and Madagascar.  For the first time I really got into the part of Madagascar where they play the montage of audio clips.   Something about it just struck a nerve with me and I started analyzing all of it.   It sounds so great over Buckethead's guitar solo too.   It all just fit together so perfectly.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 08:24:47 PM »

That happened to me one very cloudy day in a Florianopolis beach called ''joaquina'' or something like that. I was layed down on the sand, tired, thinking about nothing while listening to Madagascar. For like 2 minutes I felt I was inside the song, forgetting completely the rest of the world, capturing every detail I had never listened before.

I lose from myself when I'm concentraded listening to the quote/instrumental part of Madagascar. Its like I'm being quietly posessed by music. An earthquake can be happening behind me and I will not feel it.

Chinese Democracy is without any doubts the best GNR album. The world needs to know it. I feel sorry for the people who cant enjoy this album like I do just because they dont know even its existance.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 09:19:08 PM »

Street of Dreams, November Rain, This I Love, Fall to Pieces, and Last Fight all help me when going through hard times

I remember one girl I broke up with that I cared about a lot after she dumped me I was just walking and it started raining it reminded me of November Rain becouse I could still tell she cared even though she did not admit it...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 09:21:05 PM by Jdog0830 » Logged

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 11:00:19 AM »

Errrr

Had a good experience listening to CITR before.  I used to not be into the song at all and then one day i just "got it".  it felt good and i really enjoy the song now.  although i usually hit next during the outro soloing cos i don't like that part.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 01:50:44 PM »

Oh thank fuck for that. I thought I was a complete head case for "hearing the music". well alot of my friends think i'm mad for listening to GNR anyway. Chinese Democracy shut them up haha.
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 06:17:20 PM »

the last couple of songs (of CD) are soothing while trying to sleep, fell asleep once woke the fuck up cause i had it on repeat and the intro to SR fucked me up the ears

Yep, just after it came out I was falling asleep every night with the album playing, waking up at 3am with Sorry playing is a bizarre and confusing experience as I was completely freaked out as to where the music was coming from  hihi 
CoBrA2168
Headliner

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 10:28:45 PM »

Wow, and I thought I was the only one.

I get the most out of the song before going to bed.  And the solos and Axl's voice can just put me to sleep, especially cause I know the songs so well.

Then the last song that plays before I go to bed, I have in my head the next day. Tongue
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2009, 02:26:33 PM »

People who can't enjoy this album are people you hate this line-up for the band, and really for no reason. Therefore they can't see with a clear mind that these songs are awesome work and collaboration from this band !

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 07:40:44 AM »

People who can't enjoy this album are people you hate this line-up for the band, and really for no reason. Therefore they can't see with a clear mind that these songs are awesome work and collaboration from this band !

Slightly paranoid observation

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2009, 07:54:12 AM »

Not really. There's truth in it.

And many of them would use a Slash avatar if they posted on message boards.

It isn't easy to enjoy something when your mindset from the beginning is "it can't be any good because....".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 08:07:35 AM »

Yep they hate Axl for things in the past and won't just let it be...

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2009, 08:26:26 AM »

Not really. There's truth in it.

And many of them would use a Slash avatar if they posted on message boards.

It isn't easy to enjoy something when your mindset from the beginning is "it can't be any good because....".

/jarmo

But this was the most harmless thread ever.  just a couple of people talking about a certain aspect of the music.  I thought the comment above was a bit paranoid and very random.  (Unless i missed something).
i dont think my avatar or me being a fan of Slash has any impact on me being a fan of Nu Guns.
I just go by the music, like most people should.
I certainly hope nobody hates Slash just because Axl does and vice versa.  (Although its true for most)

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 08:32:38 AM »

#1: There's no "nu Guns". It's Guns N' Roses.
#2: I didn't mention you specifically, but if the shoe fits.... The point was, many of these people who have already made up their mind before hearing a single note, are fans of (some of) the former members.

There's been many examples of people who say they don't like the album when they know what they're listening to, but once they hear a song and have no idea who it is, they suddenly like it!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2009, 08:51:34 AM »

#1: There's no "nu Guns". It's Guns N' Roses.
#2: I didn't mention you specifically, but if the shoe fits.... The point was, many of these people who have already made up their mind before hearing a single note, are fans of (some of) the former members.

There's been many examples of people who say they don't like the album when they know what they're listening to, but once they hear a song and have no idea who it is, they suddenly like it!

/jarmo

I thought Axl was the one that says he calls them old guns and nu guns.

I do agree with you for the most part though Smiley

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009, 09:00:38 AM »

original Dexter/Axl quote:
"In regard to nuGuns, I get that sometimes it helps to be able to clarify. Personally I call this Guns and the Illusions or previous lineups old Guns."

topicwise there are lots of moments where song parts still hit me, but there are many other parts still being annoying to me, too.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: