Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:00:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FALSE: 7TH NOV, 2009 - Palace Grounds,Bengaluru
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: FALSE: 7TH NOV, 2009 - Palace Grounds,Bengaluru  (Read 13659 times)
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: September 08, 2009, 02:25:19 PM »

http://www.rhapsodyinc.in/

beer
 peace
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 02:42:54 PM »

Guns N' Roses - Saturday, 07th November 2009, Palace Grounds Bengaluru, India.

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Ezikiel
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 03:26:32 AM »

greetings.

Guns N? Roses to perform in India

Lakshmi Govindrajan

The Asian Age

Guns N? Roses are playing in India. Pinch yourself, because this isn?t a dream! After decades of speculation and rumours about coming to India, the American rock band will perform in Bengaluru on November 7 at the Palace Grounds.

Confirming this news, Raj Sinha, director of Rhapsody Inc., the company that is organising the concert said, "Yes, it is true that we are bringing Guns N? Roses to India. As of now I can tell you that the Bengaluru concert has been confirmed. We?re still in talks with people in Mumbai and Delhi, so let?s hope that works out. However, there is a good chance we can take the band to Shillong as well. The band was supposed to have played there on September 19, but for some reason it didn?t work out."

Dubbed as Axl and Friends, the band has seen major transformation over the years and the only founding member to be a part of the current lineup is vocalist Axl Rose. While other famous members like Slash, Izzy Stradlin and Duff McKagan left the band citing various differences, Axl remained. The band finally released the album Chinese Democracy with newer members in 2008. The album was in the making for around 15 years and was much awaited, though it received a timid response.

"I can confirm that Axl Rose and Dizzy Reed will be there. DJ Ashba, their latest entrant, will be there. There will also be a person called Troy and two other members," said Sinha. Rhapsody Inc. is a venture of Chromosome Production Pvt. Ltd, a company that has organised concerts of musicians like A.R. Rahman and Jagjit Singh. This is the company?s first international venture. Let?s hope for all our sakes, this one really works out"

http://www.asianage.com/presentation/leftnavigation/supplements/delhi-age/guns-n%E2%80%99-roses-to-perform-in-india.aspx

Sources say date is 7th November 2009.

kthxbai
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 04:29:34 AM »

The more (non yet confirmed) tourdates are comming, the more I believe it will happen... seems like 2002 ;-)

C'mon Gunners, let's rock the world once more!!

peace

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 04:43:56 AM »

Scan of the article over at http://www.gnrdaily.com/news_detail.asp?id=2201

Stavanger-rock-city!!
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 05:32:14 AM »

There will also be a person called Troy

WTF? now that's interesting  Grin

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
axljungle
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 06:26:26 AM »

Troy??

Jarmo, It's true or false this rumour?

Guns World is different.  ok

cantrell
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 06:27:39 AM »

"I can confirm that Axl Rose and Dizzy Reed will be there. DJ Ashba, their latest entrant, will be there. There will also be a person called Troy and two other members," said Sinha. Rhapsody Inc. is a venture of Chromosome Production Pvt. Ltd, a company that has organised concerts of musicians like A.R. Rahman and Jagjit Singh. This is the company?s first international venture. Let?s hope for all our sakes, this one really works out"

Who the hell is Troy ? .  According to the info confirmed by the comnpany  representative  the line up is composed only  by 6 members (Troy + Dizzy + Axl+DJ Ashba + the two guys ), so there are two guys missing from the  old line up .  
This should be the less reliable info ever published

Anyway this gig in India  does not seem the best of the ideas . Would n?t it be a better idea to start the tour in a proper way in USA or   Europe rather than dealing  with an Indian company who has never organized  an  international event ?

Ezikiel
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 06:42:01 AM »

do you know about international artists playing in India?

Rolling Stones in Mumbai - 55000 attendance
Deep Purple in Mumbai 50000 attendance
Iron Maiden in Bangalore - 35000 attendance
Megadeth in India - 26000 attendance

to name a few. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 07:17:20 AM »

Sounds like a confused promoter.

Troy? The only "GN'R related" person with that name I can come up with is Troy Patrick Farrell who's played with Dizzy....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 07:21:30 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 07:59:19 AM »

Sounds like a confused promoter.

Troy? The only "GN'R related" person with that name I can come up with is Troy Patrick Farrell who's played with Dizzy....

/jarmo

Either they mean Tommy when they say Troy, they're talking out of their asses, or Richard has been replaced by Troy Van Leeuwen without anyone noticing.

PS - that third option was not a serious one.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 09:43:48 AM »

Does Troy have a last name or is he like Madonna?  If that comment wasn't in the article I'd be more apt to believe this, but that's a tough one.  The website is down now.  Doesn't look very likely.  Maybe they're just checking their facts, which they should've done in the first place.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 10:39:01 AM »

Interesting, I posted this earlier but now with these articles...Troy Patrick Farrell is from White Lion.

Guns N? Roses in Dimapur?

Sept. 1 2009

I?ve checked my media sources in Delhi and Bangalore, and just a few hours ago, Oregon new south and Los Angeles. The group?s tour managers made no mention of an India date either, leave alone Dimapur but the scent is still strong.   

But, wait, repeat, but wait, there are persuasive info that it?s actually a US supergroup with members drawn from Alice Cooper, Guns N? Roses and White Lion for a Dimapur show. Phew.  The trail has led to a Dimapur-based events management group which is rigging up the this-and-thats for the rockers. Yes, plans are on and lots of super top-secret 10 PM meetings are on. Watch this space, man, watch this space.

http://www.morungexpress.com/frontpage/32261.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 10:51:48 AM »

Interesting, I posted this earlier but now with these articles...Troy Patrick Farrell is from White Lion.

Sept. 1 2009

I?ve checked my media sources in Delhi and Bangalore, and just a few hours ago, Oregon new south and Los Angeles. The group?s tour managers made no mention of an India date either, leave alone Dimapur but the scent is still strong.   

But, wait, repeat, but wait, there are persuasive info that it?s actually a US supergroup with members drawn from Alice Cooper, Guns N? Roses and White Lion for a Dimapur show. Phew.  The trail has led to a Dimapur-based events management group which is rigging up the this-and-thats for the rockers. Yes, plans are on and lots of super top-secret 10 PM meetings are on. Watch this space, man, watch this space.

So basically, what they're advertising as a GN'R show in fact... isn't at all?
Sounds like it could actually be a show to promote Dizzy's solo album.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 10:56:02 AM »

Sept. 1 2009

So basically, what they're advertising as a GN'R show in fact... isn't at all?
Sounds like it could actually be a show to promote Dizzy's solo album.

Sounds like that to me, the bold part would be enough information for me to dismiss this.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 10:59:09 AM »

there must be some serious mixup on the part of the indian promoters.  hihi

paris was a prince of troy who chose the most beautiful woman over the control of all of asia and troy is in turkey and paris is in france.
bushkarocks!!
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 11:13:49 AM »

who the fuck is troy  lolz

maybe a new hired muppet
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 11:15:18 AM »

there must be some serious mixup on the part of the indian promoters.  hihi

Probably a miscommunication due to the language barrier.  They do genuinely seem to believe they've booked Guns N' Roses.
bushkarocks!!
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 11:18:37 AM »

ofcourse the promoter will say gnr did  cancel last minute
and sad part is the press will believe that to
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 11:20:28 AM »

Here is a photo of the article...

GUNS N' ROSES To Perform In India? - Sep. 9, 2009

According to The Asian Age, GUNS N' ROSES will perform in Bengaluru, India on November 7 at the Palace Grounds.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=126643

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: