Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:38:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228125 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Asian tour - December 2009
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Asian tour - December 2009  (Read 268216 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #480 on: September 18, 2009, 11:29:00 AM »

Stop arguing about stupid shit like how anticipated the tour might be.

Are you looking forward to a future GN'R tour or not? That's the only thing that matters.

Some are obviously looking forward to it more than others, let them.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #481 on: September 18, 2009, 11:36:29 AM »

Are you looking forward to a future GN'R tour or not? That's the only thing that matters.

/jarmo

Thanks Jarmo.  Smiley

Back to discussing the tour.....  Hope Guns come to Ireland again! 
These dates must now be true if the band is rehearsing!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #482 on: September 18, 2009, 12:27:47 PM »

/jarmo
beer

I know. Can't we have a topic without it turning into old Guns vs. new Guns argument? Cant you like both? Ultimately it's about the music. Guns has historically been about putting out great music. Thats why we are all here. We are all fans. Lets rejoice. Shits getting exciting.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #483 on: September 18, 2009, 12:36:33 PM »

cant wait to see and hear the real chinese democracy tour

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #484 on: September 18, 2009, 04:26:41 PM »

if you seriously think this is the most anticipated tour of all time and that it will "bury" the illusion tour you really need some help...

hmm... chinese democracy was the most anticipated album of all time... therefore, the tour for that album would be the most anticipated tour of all time.  do the math.

and also, even if you personally don't anticipate this tour more than other ones, why can't i?  why can't this be the most anticipated of my lifetime as a music fan? 

just because something is anticipated doesn't mean people will buy it; their myspace streaming set all sorts of records yet the album didn't exactly set the world on fire in the US- i for one am looking forward to them touring this album but so far has anything been confirmed, and if so, when do tix go on sale?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #485 on: September 18, 2009, 05:02:31 PM »

just because something is anticipated doesn't mean people will buy it; their myspace streaming set all sorts of records yet the album didn't exactly set the world on fire in the US- i for one am looking forward to them touring this album but so far has anything been confirmed, and if so, when do tix go on sale?

And Whitney Houston's latest sold about 300,000 in its first week despite all the promotion and hype.

Just to put things in perspective for all you who like to point out the "weak" sales.

When you look at the big picture, and don't live in the 1990s, the album sold very well.

Tickets for the Japanese shows go on sale on October 3rd.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #486 on: September 18, 2009, 05:13:59 PM »

/jarmo

So it's confirmed? Grin
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #487 on: September 18, 2009, 05:29:23 PM »

/jarmo

So it's confirmed? Grin
What Japanese shows?   Wink

Didn't tickets already go on sale?  Or was that JUST for the Taipei show?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #488 on: September 18, 2009, 05:45:59 PM »

Just sitting back, chilling. The news looks promising, the heads up to me is awesome, cause now I have time to plan ahead save a bit more, for when they come to the states, and if that doesnt materialize, Id be bummed for sure, but flip side, means Ive saved alot to take a awesome vacation or buy a nice new toy, and still be able to listen and love the band GNR.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #489 on: September 18, 2009, 06:01:16 PM »

/jarmo

So it's confirmed? Grin

Somebody asked when tickets go on sale, and I answered it.

That's all I answered.

No, the shows haven't been confirmed by GN'R and/or management at this moment.

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #490 on: September 18, 2009, 06:14:02 PM »

Just sitting back, chilling. The news looks promising, the heads up to me is awesome, cause now I have time to plan ahead save a bit more, for when they come to the states, and if that doesnt materialize, Id be bummed for sure, but flip side, means Ive saved alot to take a awesome vacation or buy a nice new toy, and still be able to listen and love the band GNR.

I don't think you have that much time.  Our guys are good and I don't think they need 70 days of practice, do you?  Maybe warm up show could be in the works.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #491 on: September 18, 2009, 06:19:09 PM »

I hope they play Riad again. It's about time to watch Ron nailing it. Grin

Well guess this confimss Robin WONT be back, but thats fine with me...

And could the people who GUARANTEED us that Ashba would never step on stage with GNR please show yourselfves?
Who said that?

I wished Robin was back, but frankly, I didn't expected.
Oh some people were definitely saying DJ would never step onstage with GNR.  Not so much on THIS board.  Of course, it still hasn't happened, so techincally they still are in the lead.  But let's hope by December they're proven wrong.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #492 on: September 18, 2009, 07:09:45 PM »

So theirs no offical word but people are saying the tickets are on sale wtf is going on???

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #493 on: September 18, 2009, 07:15:14 PM »

http://twitter.com/bumblefoot/status/4023805285

70 Nights In LA...  Night #2: quick hello w/ Ace Frehley & Mark Weiss, Wii bowling, the Fizzies (band) at cool li'l bar in Hollywood.

-Bumblefoot on Twitter.

Hmm, I wonder.  Whatever could Bumblefoot be doing in LA for over two months that would bring him right up until the end of November/beginning of December?

hihi

Ali

It must suck being so far away from home and most of your family/friends for the holidays.  Undecided
(Rosh Hashanah begins at sundown tonight)

Word to California from Brooklyn:  It is literally and figuratively NOT KOSHER to swap out the Manischewitz for Nightrain!!!  Wink

To All Those Observing The Holydays:

Ketiva veChatima Tovah

P.S.  I can hardly wait to see the boot of the December 11th show when they light the first candle on the Taiwan Menorah!!!  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #494 on: September 18, 2009, 09:26:48 PM »

So theirs no offical word but people are saying the tickets are on sale wtf is going on???

This is not anything new. It went down the same way in '06...

With all things happening right now, I think it's safe to say these shows will happen.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #495 on: September 18, 2009, 11:32:06 PM »

I am purely speculating but is it possible that GNR is doing these shows in Japan because they wanna test the waters and see what kind of response they get in terms of ticket purchases before setting out on a long world tour? Also as big a fan of GNR i am i think theres a feeling right now that GNR overseas will have a better buy rate right now then if it started out in the STATES. Lets be honest the GNR Train has been somewhat slowed over the past several years and i think they wanna build up a following overseas before hitting the states and hope people will buy into it and not wonder is Axl & Co. gonna show up like back in 02
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #496 on: September 18, 2009, 11:40:40 PM »

I am purely speculating but is it possible that GNR is doing these shows in Japan because they wanna test the waters and see what kind of response they get in terms of ticket purchases before setting out on a long world tour? Also as big a fan of GNR i am i think theres a feeling right now that GNR overseas will have a better buy rate right now then if it started out in the STATES. Lets be honest the GNR Train has been somewhat slowed over the past several years and i think they wanna build up a following overseas before hitting the states and hope people will buy into it and not wonder is Axl & Co. gonna show up like back in 02
I think you're right about it being better/smarter to start overseas, hopefully build up some steam and eventually come back to the States with increased interest.  I don't think they're "testing the waters" though with the shows in Japan.  The overseas shows usually, if not always, sell well.

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #497 on: September 19, 2009, 04:18:49 AM »

speculation part but if those days are happening its more than a year after the release......Bestbuy deal ending maybe?

Re-Union time, baby!!
Reckless Rose
Headliner

« Reply #498 on: September 19, 2009, 05:28:43 AM »

I think, but I am not sure, that the deal with Best Buy concerned a number of album copies, rather than a streched period in which they are allowed to take care of the album sales.
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #499 on: September 19, 2009, 08:18:57 AM »

looking forward to see what the setlist will be.  Hopefully get to hear some different songs of CD live.. and sprinkle in some old ones that they haven't played in a few years.  even a revamped version of Oh my god would be cool. 

i didn't read all 25 pages.. just to clarify.. there are tickets on sale or going on sale for some asian dates.. but no word from the band. .is that right?  sounds alot like the 01 euro tour.  no?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 54 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: