Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:09:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Asian tour - December 2009
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Asian tour - December 2009  (Read 267944 times)
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #440 on: September 17, 2009, 10:25:25 AM »

I'm sure you can whip out a meal in five minutes, but if you have the time, why not spend a bit more and prepare something really nice?

Just because you can do something in a short time, doesn't mean you have to.

So stop with the fucking "they don't need that much time" bullshit already.

/jarmo
beer

As someone in a band let me harp in on this conversation. When you replace a member of a band, the new member requires time to gel with the other members. The chemistry comes from rehearsals. Sometimes it comes quickly and sometimes it doesn't. Depends on the person. Nothing to do with talent. Some pieces fit right away some dont. Musicians react to other members of the band. Timing is everything in music. So the more rehearsals the better.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #441 on: September 17, 2009, 10:45:09 AM »

PPbebe

The songs on CD are not harder to play.  if your a professional musician, learning songs is not that hard.

might not be 'that hard' to learn for a professional musician but i think they are harder to play and sing than afd numbers for a band.
so many things are going on on each track. and how will they pull off the flying  'ooohla lalala' bit of itw live.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #442 on: September 17, 2009, 11:30:43 AM »

I'm sure you can whip out a meal in five minutes, but if you have the time, why not spend a bit more and prepare something really nice?

/jarmo
beer

As someone in a band let me harp in on this conversation. When you replace a member of a band, the new member requires time to gel with the other members. The chemistry comes from rehearsals. Sometimes it comes quickly and sometimes it doesn't. Depends on the person. Nothing to do with talent. Some pieces fit right away some dont. Musicians react to other members of the band. Timing is everything in music. So the more rehearsals the better.

Read back through the thread.  I didn't start this Jarmo. 
We were discussing Ron been back in LA and i simply said i doubted it would take that long to rehearse.
Some people got sensitive about that, which does generally happen on this site.

might not be 'that hard' to learn for a professional musician but i think they are harder to play and sing than afd numbers for a band.
so many things are going on on each track. and how will they pull off the flying  'ooohla lalala' bit of itw live.

Try playing the outro soloing of paradise city or nightrain  hihi

Back on topic please Smiley
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 11:40:39 AM by jacdaniel » Logged

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #443 on: September 17, 2009, 12:08:29 PM »

/jarmo

I agree, but are we even sure this is why Ron's in LA?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #444 on: September 17, 2009, 12:10:37 PM »

You're honestly saying PC and Nightrain solos are harder to play on guitar than let's say Shacklers or Riad?

God.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #445 on: September 17, 2009, 01:26:57 PM »

And twat. guess jack can play them better than paradise city solo. the difficulty in soloing isn't exactly the point tho.

Playing alone in your bedroom and performing in a band in front of thousands of people including some critics at a stadium are bit different.

I agree, but are we even sure this is why Ron's in LA?

No we aren't sure about anything until confirmed by the band. But la definitely looks closer to asia than nyc or lita. wait and see.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #446 on: September 17, 2009, 02:06:28 PM »

You're honestly saying PC and Nightrain solos are harder to play on guitar than let's say Shacklers or Riad?

God.

Its quite amusing too seeing how Ron and Bucket both took Nightrain to a WHOLE new level and improved that outro 100 times over.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #447 on: September 17, 2009, 03:58:29 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist BUMBLEFOOT Comments On Japan/Taiwan

GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Ron "Thal" Bumblefoot has commented on online reports that the band will perform in Japan and Taiwan in December. He says in a statement, "Hundreds of people have been writing, wanting to know about GN'R's future touring plans. I'm not the guy to ask about ongoing bizz ? if anyone, you'd have to ask GN'R management about future plans, but please understand that if they haven't officially announced plans, they're not going to do it through personal emails. As for me, I'm not at business meetings with booking agents, promoters, venues, sponsors, and *I don't want to be*. Being the guitarist in GN'R is enough; not going to open the door to managerial duties.

"If GN'R management confirmed that everything did or did not work out to make any shows happen, and I was 100% sure that I had the confirmed final developments on things, and if it wouldn't screw up how GN'R wanted to announce things, only then would I comment. Anything sooner than that would be spreading information prematurely and could be setting up fans for disappointment, and could affect the outcome of deals that were still being worked on.

"When GN'R management is able to confirm anything, they will do it, in the way they feel is best, when they feel the time is right. Until then, think about other things. Build a cardhouse. Fry an egg. Read a book by a tree. When GN'R management is ready to announce accurate definite information, they will.

"Thanks to everyone that reached out wanting to know. You've been a pain in my ass, and I love you for it.

"Out of decency to fans, knowing many are ready to rearrange their plans and put a lot of effort into being at shows, I hope any confirmations can come sooner than later... some of you have plane tickets to book, time off from work to plan, tickets to save up for ? I appreciate the Hell out of it and am grateful for it and will do my best to make it worth it, given the chance."

As previously reported, the Japanese branch of Universal Music has confirmed on its web site that GUNS N' ROSES will play two dates in Japan in December:

Dec. 16 - Osaka Dome
Dec. 19 - Tokyo Dome

Tickets go on sale on October 3.

More information in English is available on the web site of the Japanese concert promoter Hayashi International Promotion Co. Ltd. (H.I.P.).

A special web site for GN'R's Japanese shows has been launched by the promoter at this location.

GUNS N' ROSES is also being advertised by Taiwanese concert promoter Brokers Brothers Herald, Ltd. (BBH) as playing Taipei County Stadium in Taipei, Taiwan on December 11.

"Chinese Democracy", the sixth and most recent album from GUNS N' ROSES, was released in its entirety to the Rock Band Music Store catalog of downloadable content on April 14.

The tracks are available for purchase as an album or individual tracks for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system. The tracks are available for purchase as individual tracks only for Wii.

Aside from Billboard and Spinner interviews and answering a number of fan questions at a GUNS N' ROSES message board, singer Axl Rose has done no promotion of any kind for "Chinese Democracy".

"Chinese Democracy" was officially certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) on February 3, 2009 for shipments in the United States in excess of one million copies.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=127106

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
bushkarocks!!
« Reply #448 on: September 17, 2009, 04:00:14 PM »

lol nvm read the line wrong
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 04:03:25 PM by bushkarocks!! » Logged
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #449 on: September 17, 2009, 06:14:54 PM »

Official Video Clip - CHINESE DEMOCRACY World Tour 2009 - 2010:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE3cpTwFYR8

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #450 on: September 17, 2009, 11:57:02 PM »

Official Video Clip - CHINESE DEMOCRACY World Tour 2009 - 2010:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE3cpTwFYR8

ok

What a cool commercial.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #451 on: September 18, 2009, 12:39:21 AM »

dario27
Opening Act

« Reply #452 on: September 18, 2009, 12:48:22 AM »

God.

Its quite amusing too seeing how Ron and Bucket both took Nightrain to a WHOLE new level and improved that outro 100 times over.

and at the same time changed the soul and personality of the song.. there's no such thing as improving  a song that you never wrote, basically because you didn't have the talent to write it yourself.

the only thing you can do is change the style to fit yours a bit, something that bucket did very nice, on the outros only...
but that Bubblegum guy only plays what bucket did live just so he can "change the original", and then throws some random notes and make some Steve Vai - like moves to pose.... it only tels you that he runs out of ideas quickly.. no wonder why most of the guitar parts on Chinesse are buckets.. written more than 5 years ago
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #453 on: September 18, 2009, 02:19:07 AM »

God.

Respectfully disagree.  No one has played that better than Slash.  Buckets shredding version is cool but doesnt quite have the feel.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Chief
Legend

« Reply #454 on: September 18, 2009, 02:24:20 AM »

What is Sebastian Baz?

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #455 on: September 18, 2009, 02:40:58 AM »

Do you mean Sebastian Bach ?  used to sing in skid row
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 02:42:46 AM by jacdaniel » Logged

justme
Opening Act

Keep on rollin'

« Reply #456 on: September 18, 2009, 04:38:39 AM »

Dj Ashba on facebook:

Just finished up Producing/performing and mixing 3 brand new songs for Neil Diamond, Make sure to check it out on his new Christmas Album coming soon!!! Heading into rehearsals with GN'R. Hope your all well!! See ya soon!! Much Love!!!
bushkarocks!!
« Reply #457 on: September 18, 2009, 04:42:16 AM »

Dj Ashba on facebook:

Just finished up Producing/performing and mixing 3 brand new songs for Neil Diamond, Make sure to check it out on his new Christmas Album coming soon!!! Heading into rehearsals with GN'R. Hope your all well!! See ya soon!! Much Love!!!

and now hope it is his real facebook page

but looks promising
justme
Opening Act

Keep on rollin'

« Reply #458 on: September 18, 2009, 04:43:27 AM »

100% sure it's his real Fb page Wink
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #459 on: September 18, 2009, 05:07:20 AM »

Dj Ashba says on his facebook his going in to rehersals with GNR ok

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017