Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 06:50:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Asian tour - December 2009
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Asian tour - December 2009  (Read 267928 times)
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #420 on: September 16, 2009, 08:17:25 PM »

GN'R hasnt announced anything on their sight I want them to hear some conformation from the source not other people no offense HBK or anyone who has posted any links to pages about the upcoming tour

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #421 on: September 16, 2009, 08:19:27 PM »

GN'R hasnt announced anything on their sight I want them to hear some conformation from the source not other people no offense HBK or anyone who has posted any links to pages about the upcoming tour

Spell check.

...but once things are official, it will be posted on their site. Until then, I remain very hopeful but uncertain at the same time.
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #422 on: September 16, 2009, 08:25:59 PM »

Spell check.

...but once things are official, it will be posted on their site. Until then, I remain very hopeful but uncertain at the same time.
well i said it once and i will say it again i suck at spelling but hope is good to have but blind hope can "hip your heart into" but I also hope as well but am disappointed with soon to be a year long wait for the tour

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #423 on: September 16, 2009, 09:50:45 PM »

peace

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
cineater
Legend

« Reply #424 on: September 16, 2009, 10:01:47 PM »

I hear ya guys on the need to hear it from the band.  I was here back in 01 for the 2 "I didn't know we were playing Europe" tours.  Does Axl know, rolls off my lips everytime too.   hihi  This time Axl knows.  We know Beta knows what's up, she's got the bat signal and phone.  If that don't work, there's always Frank.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #425 on: September 16, 2009, 11:09:48 PM »

I hear ya guys on the need to hear it from the band.  I was here back in 01 for the 2 "I didn't know we were playing Europe" tours.  Does Axl know, rolls off my lips everytime too.   hihi  This time Axl knows.  We know Beta knows what's up, she's got the bat signal and phone.  If that don't work, there's always Frank.
True but even Frank sometimes cant get the ball rolling I would imagine...

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #426 on: September 16, 2009, 11:15:14 PM »

I haven't really checked out GN'R's facebook page before, but it's official right?

This is listed under "Music" -> "On Tour":

http://www.facebook.com/gunsnroses?v=app_5368451543&viewas=0

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #427 on: September 16, 2009, 11:18:22 PM »

I look on the main website        http://web.gunsnroses.com/index.jsp

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #428 on: September 16, 2009, 11:23:31 PM »

After a closer look to the facebook page, it seems like those dates were added by random persons..

Oh well.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #429 on: September 16, 2009, 11:39:26 PM »

After a closer look to the facebook page, it seems like those dates were added by random persons..

Oh well.
Yeah people do that all the time just so they will remember them or something stupid like that cant wait though for the tour

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #430 on: September 17, 2009, 02:45:34 AM »

I just don't agree that it would take that long to rehearse.  I play guitar and have jammed with other musicians numerous times.  It should only take about 2 weeks max to rehearse the songs.  (And i doubt Axl will be there).

I dont even think the old band used to rehearse all that much ha!

I'm glad you know so well how much GN'R has to rehearse!

Obviously you (or I) have no idea what they rehearse, how many songs, how many hours per rehearsal session etc etc. Then you have things like the fact that they have DJ on board now.

Then you got all the equipment related things. Maybe they're looking at new equipment as well. We don't know!

Yet here you are making ignorant assumptions...

/jarmo

Agreed.

Who said they were just going to rehearse?  Maybe there is other business to attend to, like Jarmo said?

All I know is that the last time BBF was in LA for that long a stretch it was for GN'R.  Considering the fact that the Asian dates have not been shot down yet, when the India date has, and the timing of said Asian dates, it is not a stretch to say that at least a chunk of the time BBF is in LA will be for GN'R rehearsals.

Ali

BBF doesn't deal with GNR business, he admits that himself.
All im saying is that it doesn't take 70 days for professionals to rehearse the songs, so i doubt they're rehearsing just yet.
Remember Gilby learned nearly all the songs in like 2 weeks. 

PPbebe

The songs on CD are not harder to play.  if your a professional musician, learning songs is not that hard.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #431 on: September 17, 2009, 02:55:58 AM »

I just don't agree that it would take that long to rehearse.  I play guitar and have jammed with other musicians numerous times.  It should only take about 2 weeks max to rehearse the songs.  (And i doubt Axl will be there).

I dont even think the old band used to rehearse all that much ha!

I'm glad you know so well how much GN'R has to rehearse!

Obviously you (or I) have no idea what they rehearse, how many songs, how many hours per rehearsal session etc etc. Then you have things like the fact that they have DJ on board now.

Then you got all the equipment related things. Maybe they're looking at new equipment as well. We don't know!

Yet here you are making ignorant assumptions...

/jarmo

Agreed.

Who said they were just going to rehearse?  Maybe there is other business to attend to, like Jarmo said?

All I know is that the last time BBF was in LA for that long a stretch it was for GN'R.  Considering the fact that the Asian dates have not been shot down yet, when the India date has, and the timing of said Asian dates, it is not a stretch to say that at least a chunk of the time BBF is in LA will be for GN'R rehearsals.

Ali

BBF doesn't deal with GNR business, he admits that himself.
All im saying is that it doesn't take 70 days for professionals to rehearse the songs, so i doubt they're rehearsing just yet.
Remember Gilby learned nearly all the songs in like 2 weeks. 

PPbebe

The songs on CD are not harder to play.  if your a professional musician, learning songs is not that hard.

Who said anything about BBF handling "GN'R business"?

Learning your parts on a song is one thing.  Rehearsing songs with an entire band and preparing an arena show is yet another.

Ali
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #432 on: September 17, 2009, 04:35:59 AM »

I believe 'something' is going on at GN'R camp, each time there are these kind of 'rumors' are ongoing, sooner or later it actually happens.

So I think a tour is coming!

But, what I don't understand is why it is always so difficult to offcially make a statement about things. If there are no tour plans => just say so. If there are: why wating to say this? If there are/were plans but couldn't be realised for some reason: why can't this be stated or posted on the official site?

It's always such a complex matter in the GN'R camp to report news/give updates/release albums/release video...anything. This I cannot understand.

Fans like to hear/read news about their fav band. As a GN'R fan, we have to make the news (read: rumors) by ourselves on various forums...  Wink

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Brundle25
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #433 on: September 17, 2009, 06:21:32 AM »

I believe 'something' is going on at GN'R camp, each time there are these kind of 'rumors' are ongoing, sooner or later it actually happens.

So I think a tour is coming!

But, what I don't understand is why it is always so difficult to offcially make a statement about things. If there are no tour plans => just say so. If there are: why wating to say this? If there are/were plans but couldn't be realised for some reason: why can't this be stated or posted on the official site?

It's always such a complex matter in the GN'R camp to report news/give updates/release albums/release video...anything. This I cannot understand.

Fans like to hear/read news about their fav band. As a GN'R fan, we have to make the news (read: rumors) by ourselves on various forums...  Wink

I would guess that its a completely disorganised Indian promotion company thats holding up the official statement. Probably true  Cheesy
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #434 on: September 17, 2009, 06:28:09 AM »

Learning your parts on a song is one thing.  Rehearsing songs with an entire band and preparing an arena show is yet another.

Ali

If you can play sweet child o mine in your bedroom, you can play it in a packed stadium.  It really isn't any different.  Granted you might be a lot more nervous! Same applies to playing as a band.  They are professional musicians you know. 

Preparing an arena show - that will take time!  but i was just reffering to the band playing the songs and BBF been back in LA

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #435 on: September 17, 2009, 06:55:03 AM »

Ali

If you can play sweet child o mine in your bedroom, you can play it in a packed stadium.  It really isn't any different.  Granted you might be a lot more nervous! Same applies to playing as a band.  They are professional musicians you know. 

Preparing an arena show - that will take time!  but i was just reffering to the band playing the songs and BBF been back in LA

Rehearsals for arena shows are a complete different thing, man.  One of the many reasons being that you don't wanna be at certains places on the stage when the pyro goes off.  That sort of thing will probably take a lot longer to rehearse than the songs themselves.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #436 on: September 17, 2009, 09:08:56 AM »

Ali

With all due respect, you have NO IDEA what you're talking about.  Have you organized and played an arena show?  How come Michael Jackson was having extremely long drawn out rehearsals that eventually lended a hand in his death?  The guy doesn't even play an instrumet.  Surely he could've perfected a few dance moves and started the tour with little to no effort?  And word was Janet Jackson rehearsed for 18 hours a day or something ridiculous for the MJ tribute at the VMA's and that lasted all of 8 minutes or so. 

Bands/artists need to rehearse despite what you might believe.  I've had friends in crappy local bands who play together all the time to tone up, it's not exactly a foreign idea.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #437 on: September 17, 2009, 09:36:19 AM »

Ali

With all due respect, you have NO IDEA what you're talking about.  Have you organized and played an arena show?  How come Michael Jackson was having extremely long drawn out rehearsals that eventually lended a hand in his death?  The guy doesn't even play an instrumet.  Surely he could've perfected a few dance moves and started the tour with little to no effort?  And word was Janet Jackson rehearsed for 18 hours a day or something ridiculous for the MJ tribute at the VMA's and that lasted all of 8 minutes or so. 

Bands/artists need to rehearse despite what you might believe.  I've had friends in crappy local bands who play together all the time to tone up, it's not exactly a foreign idea.

Please see the below quote from Rons twitter just before the tour with Lita. i was just reffering to the playing aspect etc.  I know it might take more time for pyro and all that but learning songs is not an issue, and won't take 70 days.

"OK, I've got 2 days to learn 15 songs...... ha, I scoff at the challenge...! Bring it the f**k on!"

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #438 on: September 17, 2009, 09:41:42 AM »

Granted, Ron learned the GNR songs in a week or 2 back in 2006 too.  Learning the songs isn't the problem.  You're the only one harping on that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #439 on: September 17, 2009, 09:54:16 AM »

I'm sure you can whip out a meal in five minutes, but if you have the time, why not spend a bit more and prepare something really nice?

Just because you can do something in a short time, doesn't mean you have to.

So stop with the fucking "they don't need that much time" bullshit already.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 54 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: