Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:17:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash & Friends At The Mirage In Las Vegas October 2nd
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash & Friends At The Mirage In Las Vegas October 2nd  (Read 24970 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2009, 03:03:46 PM »

Are any of these songs off the new album?Huh  I recognize all but a couple.  I would love to have heard whipping post.  That must have been done with Franky Perez.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2009, 05:03:00 PM »

Here are some more photos:

Slash & Perla:

http://www.life.com/image/91376391

Slash & Friends, Courtney Love, Joe Perry and Nicole Scherzinger (scroll down)

http://www.lasvegassun.com/photos/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2009, 06:25:37 PM »

Where Courtney Love meets John Momot: Slash concert a true variety show

By John Katsilometes  ? October 3, 2009 ? 2:33 PM

The allure of these rollicking Slash & Friends concerts brings to mind the imperious message from old late-night TV pitchmen: ?How do we do it? Volume, volume, volume!?

Quality, quantity, high spirits and jacked-up amperage made for a late-night carnival at Bare Pool Lounge at The Mirage late last night, a showcase that spilled into the morning with an after-party at Jet. The all-star rock ?n? roll exercise hosted by the former lead guitarist of Guns N? Roses summoned the old (dueling iconic guitarists Rick Nielsen and Joe Perry), bold (Courtney Love, tossing aside typical stage protocol to read lyrics to the gender-unspecific ?20th Century Boy?) and beautiful (the wholly captivating Nicole Scherzinger, the leather-and-lace encased frontwoman for Pussycat Dolls).

The show was part of The Mirage?s lengthy 20th anniversary celebration, a point in time that will be marked officially on Nov. 22 and will be trumpeted in earnest on that weekend. I am led to believe there will be cake and punch.

As for the latest SlashFest, it hardly mattered that over the past few weeks, the event?s lineup experienced more drops than Terrell Owens during last Sunday?s Bills-Saints game (Rob Zombie, Jason Bonham, Tommy Lee and announced emcee Kiefer Sutherland were among the fall-out boys). The show drew ample star power anyway, and of course the requisite oddities, such as an onstage visit from Slash?s wife, Perla. The stormy spouse and Slash?s apparent voice of reason strode onstage in a beaded black corset adorned with long tassels over each side of her chest, snug black shorts and lace stockings. All dolled up, in other words. She then quoted a dead woman, Anna Nicole Smith, by asking, ?How do you like my BAH-dee??

We like it just enough! But not so much to offend Slash, the evening?s BFF.

Following are more ?hooky? riffs from a crisp and loud evening in VegasVille:

*The vocalist for much of the evening was Las Vegas native Franky Perez, whose look has matured to the point where he looks like the father of the guy who released the promising ?Poor Man?s Son? in 2003. The last time I?d seen Perez perform was that year when he opened for Lynyrd Skynyrd at The Orleans Arena. He roared through ?Whipping Post? that night, and again last night, along with AC/DC's ?Highway to Hell? and Black Sabbath?s ?War Pigs.? Dressed entirely in black, shedding the shades and jacket in favor of a tank top late in the show, Perez obviously relished performing with the high-level stars like Perry, Nielsen, Slash, Matt Sorum and Duff McKagan, who swapped spots on the stage over the two-hour show. At one point, he asked if anyone was from Las Vegas (a few among the crowd of about 650 cheered) and then he gave a call-out to his alma mater, Bonanza High School. Not your typical rock-show moment, eh? In the late stages, Perez also wore what appeared to be an old red-and-blue Las Vegas Stars hat from about 20 years ago.

It was fun watching Perez work it out onstage again. There was a time when he was at least as promising an artist as The Killers. It?ll be interesting to see if he can, as we say, parlay this fortuitous gig into something he can sustain.

*The Joe Perry Project opened the show and performed a song Aerosmith ignored during its visit to the MGM Grand Garden Arena a couple of months ago, a reggae version of ?Dream On.? Perry said that version of the song was requested by an individual who booked the band to perform during a cruise, and Perry?s response was something like, ?Forget you, cruise boy,? but it was a pretty cool rendition.

*Jot down Scherzinger?s name on that list of performers you don?t want to follow. She?s an exotically beautiful, easy-on-the-eyes, hard-on-the-ears performer able to share the stage with anyone (just in the past month, she?s appeared with both Gossy-Goss and Slash). By the time she finished with a full-force take on ?Whole Lotta Love,? Love walked to the mic and said, ?I just got my a** handed to me. I?ve gotta follow that?? Give Love credit for conveying that revelation, at least. She?s no dummy.

*Anyone clamoring for a meltdown by Love came away disappointed. She sipped from a glass filled with orange fluid and produced a lyric sheet to make it through ?20th Century Boy,? a move I?d seen only once before, when Pink unfolded sheets of lyrics for ?Rock and Roll? during the opening-night party at Empire Ballroom four years ago. But Love still has that haggard-sexy act pretty much perfected. She might not look or sound great each time out, but no one looks or sounds quite like her. At least, no one famous.

*Notable jams: Nielsen, who should be our next mayor, played on the full-group effort of Cheap Trick?s ?Surrender.? Perry returned for ?Toys in the Attic.? Sen Dog of Cypress Hill joined Perez on a blistering ?Walk This Way.? McKagan and Sorum (who seemed to be in full, stroppy revelry by the time he hit the stage late in the show) joined Slash in a mini-Guns ?N Roses reunion for ?It?s So Easy? (which I?ve always felt would make a great ballad) and an everyone-in-the-pool ?Paradise City? to finish the show.

*Captured in the audience: Famed Vegas real estate magnates Jim and Glynda Rhodes, the embattled but unfailingly spirited couple who have had a rough year, laden with a bankruptcy filing and a scuffle with Nevada Cancer Institute over donations promised but not delivered. But the two looked fine last night, tanned and trimmed and chatty. They?ve been to Wimbledon and the Australian Open this year, and rock fan Glynda has seen Kid Rock four times in 12 months. Also spotted, Jeff Beacher (who is bringing a version of ?Madhouse? to The Mirage in January) and prominent Las Vegas attorney John Momot, who defended Sandra Murphy in the Ted Binion murder trial, among many notorious Vegas cases.

The night ended with Momot, actually, as we happened to be walking out of the hotel together. I loudly asked, ?What have you been up to, John?? and he said, ?I cannot hear you!? Understood. I?ll catch him later, post-ringing.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/kats-report/2009/oct/03/where-courtney-love-meets-john-momot-slash-concert/

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2009, 12:47:52 AM »

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&family=editorial&p=Slash&assetType=image#

That's about all I've got for now.  Still looking for videos.  Anyone found/have any?
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2009, 06:39:07 AM »

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&family=editorial&p=Slash&assetType=image#

That's about all I've got for now.  Still looking for videos.  Anyone found/have any?

Great pics.  I like the one of Duff and Dave.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2009, 01:46:45 PM »

The only video I've seen so far is this very short clip of Slash & Perla...

@ 6:14

The Mirage 20th Anniversary - Celebs Congratulatory Message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9VDGi__ol8

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2009, 06:54:27 PM »

Hope the Love Stuff emerges on youtube..soon..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2009, 08:36:34 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this couple of 'Slash & Friends' gigs has generated way more interest than VR ever did.

And there goes the challenger...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2009, 02:38:15 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this couple of 'Slash & Friends' gigs has generated way more interest than VR ever did.

Possibly so, although contraband sold quite well.
Hopefully the solo album does well.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2009, 08:24:12 AM »

how quick people forget that when VR was first forming and they named Scott the singer they were always being reported on and their was a ton of interest.
+Rocker+
I want to hea... have Slash's baby
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2009, 10:27:53 AM »

Well, you're wrong. Velvet Revolver had its gold time when Contraband was released. They touring around the world, his album sold kind of the same Chinese Democracy has sold so far, other than Contraband, at least, had ONE Hit. "Slither"...

I love you Axl, but I'm also one of "those" Slash supporters haha...
www.rockinslashforum.com
Soon: www.rockin-slash.com
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2009, 05:39:57 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thhZTyCskAI
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2009, 06:29:01 PM »

^^Thanks Lynn, that looks like the first one that's has been posted.

Hope the Love Stuff emerges on youtube..soon..

Yeah, I would like to see some of those.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2009, 06:34:17 PM »

That chick is fucking terrible.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2009, 07:06:27 PM »

Slash's solo sounded great, but aside from that and Nicole looking hot, I could've done without that performance.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2009, 07:50:48 PM »

Yeah this is the shit I wish Slash wouldn't do

I mean at least Fergie CAN sing

this shit is everything wrong with  music. Fuckin Pussycat Dolls, give me a fuckin break.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2009, 08:27:04 PM »

Yeah this is the shit I wish Slash wouldn't do

you and everyone else here i think

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2009, 11:19:11 PM »

Paradise City - Slash, Duff, Courtney Love, Joe Perry, Dave Kushner, Franky Perez and more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiLyhfzBllw

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2009, 11:42:13 PM »

Paradise City - Slash, Duff, Courtney Love, Joe Perry, Dave Kushner, Franky Perez and more

I liked Courtney Love and Franky the best of the singers..  The hot chic was just out of control....  Slash was ripping it at the end but couldn't hardly hear it. 
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2009, 11:45:17 PM »

Fergie much hotter on same song, different date.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWVoGmmDsTg
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: