Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:46:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  DJ AM Dies at 36, is this real life Final Destination SHIT?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ AM Dies at 36, is this real life Final Destination SHIT?  (Read 9508 times)
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 09:11:21 AM »

Some people may be underestimating the power of drug addiction.

Luckily, I'm not familiar with it so I won't comment.

Apart from the plane crash, I didn't really know much about him but RIP all the same.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 05:15:28 PM »

Some people may be underestimating the power of drug addiction.

I don't think anybody's underestimating the power of drug addiction...it takes incredible respect for the power drugs have to understand you shouldn't do them in the first place.   ok

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2009, 06:30:00 PM »

it takes incredible respect for the power drugs have to understand you shouldn't do them in the first place.   ok

True, but surely he wouldn't have started using drugs after the plane crash?? I don't know, I'm just assuming.

I would have thought this would have been something which had been going on for a while.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 07:49:39 AM »

I had my computer crash while I was sitting with some friends and it immediately brought my cigarette addiction kick back with vengeance.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 12:17:51 PM »

Is it possible that he was given prescription meds (obviously after plane crash) that may have led him back to his addictive behavior? 

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 01:48:45 PM »

Is it possible that he was given prescription meds (obviously after plane crash) that may have led him back to his addictive behavior? 

Very possible... I just saw some celeb (drawing a blank, Steven Tyler, Keith Richards, cant remember ) went to the hospital for an injury and the pain meds sparked up the heroin addiction that was "kicked"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 02:35:09 PM »

I said that earlier also, same thing happened to anthony kiedis back in the early 90's. he went to the dentist or something and they knocked him out with a drug and it made his addiction come back with a vengeance.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 03:05:08 PM »

Very possible... I just saw some celeb (drawing a blank, Steven Tyler, Keith Richards, cant remember ) went to the hospital for an injury and the pain meds sparked up the heroin addiction that was "kicked"

I said that earlier also, same thing happened to anthony kiedis back in the early 90's. he went to the dentist or something and they knocked him out with a drug and it made his addiction come back with a vengeance.

Now that you mention that, maybe thats what I saw  rofl

Wow I need a vacation  Roll Eyes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 05:21:10 PM »

Come on now guys, quit the judging bullshit

He was sober for 10 years. I guess seeing some of your closest friends fry on an airplane and the guilt of somehow being one to survive would probably open a lot of those old demons up again.

Or in the hospital, they could've gave him pain medicine that retriggered his addiction.

same thing happened to Anthony Kiedis. He was clean for years and went to the dentist and they gave him some sort of narcotic before or after the visit for the pain and it brought his heroin addiction back with a vengeance.

nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2009, 12:00:26 AM »

yes they gave him antistress pills, and one medicine which i do not remember the name that was difficult for addicts cause it causes relapses.
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2009, 12:14:33 AM »

Sorry D didn't realize that you had previously mentioned that.  Such a thing happened to Duff, I recall him taking Xanex I believe it put him back into rehab.  Being a doctor you would think they would take into consideration the fact that certain individuals suffer from addiction, so why would they prescribe something addictive is beyond me, just doesn't make sense.  With all the drugs out there, no one has a anti depressant that is non addictive yet?

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2009, 12:28:00 AM »

Sorry D didn't realize that you had previously mentioned that.  Such a thing happened to Duff, I recall him taking Xanex I believe it put him back into rehab.  Being a doctor you would think they would take into consideration the fact that certain individuals suffer from addiction, so why would they prescribe something addictive is beyond me, just doesn't make sense.  With all the drugs out there, no one has a anti depressant that is non addictive yet?

You give a guy an addiction, you make big bucks.

These doctors are no different than pushers on the street.  They'll give you a little taste, get you hooked and suck you dry.
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2009, 12:35:53 AM »

You give a guy an addiction, you make big bucks.

These doctors are no different than pushers on the street.  They'll give you a little taste, get you hooked and suck you dry.
You hit the nail right on the head, sad but true.  I am so greatful to not have addictive behavior, and feel sad for the people who get involved, or shall I say sucked into it innocently. 

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2009, 12:55:14 AM »

which is why if the govt really wanted to win the war on drugs, they'd crack down on all these doctors. they are just as big a problem as any heroin or coke/crack dealer.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2009, 06:33:41 PM »

which is why if the govt really wanted to win the war on drugs, they'd crack down on all these doctors. they are just as big a problem as any heroin or coke/crack dealer.

They would never do that.  It would be bad for the economy.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2009, 08:16:27 PM »

They gave him alprazolam, also known as Xanax. Highly addicting. I take .5 mg a night to help with sleep. That's a very, very low dose daily, as addicts are known at take as much as 10+ mg daily. However, I can tell you this, the last time I didn't take it at night, I didn't sleep at all. Xanax is used primarily as an anti-anxiety drug....which is understandable that he got that after the crash, however, a responsible doctor would never prescribe that to someone with a known substance abuse problem, given the highly addictive nature of the drug.

Axl is God.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2009, 04:30:16 PM »

ive never even heard of the guy?
Same story here so hes not all that great but it sucks that he didn't use his second chance at life

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2009, 06:57:06 PM »

Same story here so hes not all that great but it sucks that he didn't use his second chance at life
so just because you haven't heard of someone, they can't be great at what that person does? oh i see
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2009, 10:54:42 PM »

so just because you haven't heard of someone, they can't be great at what that person does? oh i see
No I never can say I have heard of him before this happened but he was good at what he did from what I saw its sad though that alot of people havent heard of him till now when we cant ever see him again you know

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2009, 01:27:27 PM »

DJ's are a dime-a-dozen.

I don't consider them to be musicians.  They don't create music.  They use music that's already been created, scratch the disc a few times, throw in some beats.

DJ Obsolete coming to a rave near you.  Don't forget to bring your E!  Bottled water will be sold at five dollars a pop.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: