Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:02:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  DJ AM Dies at 36, is this real life Final Destination SHIT?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ AM Dies at 36, is this real life Final Destination SHIT?  (Read 9507 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: August 28, 2009, 08:16:58 PM »

DJ A.M. (aka Adam Goldstein), one of music's most in-demand and celebrated DJs, was found dead in his New York apartment today, according to TMZ. His cause of death is unknown at the moment. Goldstein was 36 years old.

In September 2008, he and blink-182 drummer Travis Barker infamously survived a plane crash shortly after the plane attempted to take off.

DJ A.M. collaborated with AOL Radio and had his very own station in which he personally chose his favorite music to be played for his fans. He will surely be missed by his fans worldwide.

Survived that plane crash and now found dead in his hotel? Thats fucked up to survive something like a plane crash and then die a year later from something else............. Creepy.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 10:48:50 PM »

Early reports say drug overdose.

No sympathy: you survive a plane crash and then overdose?  Dumb shit.  What a waste.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 10:52:42 PM »

Don't know who he was or what the hell he did other than "DJ", but the guy sounds like a douchebag.  Hey I survived a plane crash, I'm gonna take drugs durrr!

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 10:53:05 PM »

No sympathy: you survive a plane crash and then overdose?  Dumb shit.  What a waste.
Thats a shame but no supprise chances are if you die in the music biz you either were high out of your mind and did something stupid, or you just overdosed no

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 10:56:55 PM »

Come on now guys, quit the judging bullshit

He was sober for 10 years. I guess seeing some of your closest friends fry on an airplane and the guilt of somehow being one to survive would probably open a lot of those old demons up again.

Or in the hospital, they could've gave him pain medicine that retriggered his addiction.

same thing happened to Anthony Kiedis. He was clean for years and went to the dentist and they gave him some sort of narcotic before or after the visit for the pain and it brought his heroin addiction back with a vengeance.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 11:06:16 PM »

So he starts (or restarts) smoking crack because he was in a plane crash?

Bullshit.  Either you're dedicated to staying sober or you aren't.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 11:14:00 PM »

Come on now guys, quit the judging bullshit

He was sober for 10 years. I guess seeing some of your closest friends fry on an airplane and the guilt of somehow being one to survive would probably open a lot of those old demons up again.

Or in the hospital, they could've gave him pain medicine that retriggered his addiction.

same thing happened to Anthony Kiedis. He was clean for years and went to the dentist and they gave him some sort of narcotic before or after the visit for the pain and it brought his heroin addiction back with a vengeance.
Well then that sucks to people die hell we all are going to sooner or latter and nothing we can do will stop it that's just part of life

nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 12:00:47 AM »

why those two have to be realated? yeah he survived, is he stupid or at fault for staying alive? no it was luck.   that has nothing to do with drugs, if he was an addict then the drug problem stays with him. yeah he could have change his life after the incident, but that depends of  your perception of life.

and also, he maybe liked to take drugs like tons of rock stars or musicians, but his dead was an accident he wasnt trying to kill himself.   
Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 12:15:35 AM »

You'd think after getting a second chance at life in surviving a plane crash, he would take a look at life and treat it with a little more respect and avoid the drugs and shit.  Didn't happen.  Got a second chance and wasted it.  Way to go.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 12:33:48 AM »

He used to date Nicole Richie back in the day, when she was a mess.  Other than that, I don't know too much about the guy, but he was a very well known DJ.  Of course I didn't know there was such a thing, but he was THE guy in the DJ biz.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 12:55:16 AM »

eh didn't really know who he was until he was djing at the vma shows while travis was playing drums.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 01:52:50 AM »

I saw Travis and DJ AM perform over the summer and was blown away.  I wasnt even expecting to like it, but it was the highlight of teh show I was at.  Truley awesome. Its very sad to have this happen.   And to all the clueless idiots posting about how he deserved it because he did drugs, get a life. You show nothing but stupidity and ignorance. 
Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 02:15:33 AM »

No one anywhere is saying he deserved it.  All I said is he was given a second chance at life and pissed it away, and look where it got him.  BIG difference.

Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 09:23:38 AM »

No matter what the situation, it is very sad, God Bless DJ AM.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009, 09:23:50 AM »

I saw Travis and DJ AM perform over the summer and was blown away.  I wasnt even expecting to like it, but it was the highlight of teh show I was at.  Truley awesome. Its very sad to have this happen.   And to all the clueless idiots posting about how he deserved it because he did drugs, get a life. You show nothing but stupidity and ignorance. 

I'm not gonna kiss somebody's ass just because they overdosed.  And no one said he deserved it, just that he was quite stupid to waste a second chance at life on fucking drugs.  

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 03:57:26 PM »

No matter what the situation, it is very sad, God Bless DJ AM.
Agreed its a shame when anyone dies

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2009, 04:33:25 PM »

I worked with him for like a day, he was pleasant to work with and he seemed like a nice guy.

Too bad, 36 is way too soon for anyone to go.

Don't do drugs.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2009, 06:40:46 PM »

How sad, what a waste.  No excuses...fucking stupid.  How sad. Sad

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 06:05:23 AM »

ive never even heard of the guy?

html sucks
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 08:19:27 AM »

I totally agree with people upset with this guy... The whole second chance thing and wasting it... I'm not saying i'm happy he's dead, or that he deserved it, but I dont have much sympathy for him  no
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: