Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 03:16:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl helps the environment
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl helps the environment  (Read 6600 times)
rabia
Rocker

« on: August 23, 2009, 06:28:19 PM »

Healthcare for California Wildlife and World's Marine Life

Oceana works on protecting the world?s oceans, from declining fisheries, marine habitat destruction, pollution, and seafood contamination. The org?s Ranger set sail for a Canary Islands project. Last year board member Sam Waterston and Conservation International board member Harrison Ford got the nod. The all-star committee rustling up donations includes Jeff Goldblum, Jake Gyllenhaal, Dustin Hoffman, Ron Howard, Sting and Styler, Robert Redford, and Paul Hawken.

CWC vets and volunteers assist sick, injured, orphaned, and gunshot wildlife before releasing them back to nature. In January they offered healthcare to a dozen pelicans suffering from a rash of feet ailments including vasculitis, contusions, and ecchymosis, due to polluted beaches. Besides development encroaching on animal habitat, plastic debris in the ocean puts marine life at risk.

Other friends of the cause include Bill Maher, Cindy Crawford, HBO, Axl Rose, and Mickey Rourke. Former game show host Bob Barker has funded a new $43,000 aviary for the many birds being treated. And with the generous donations of goods, from pet gift baskets to Bali vacations, services, Malibu wineries, and local eateries the monies raised will go directly to running the clinic.

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009/08/healthcare-for-wildlife-and-marine-life.php
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 06:30:08 PM »

since the original article is kinda disorganized, i posted the relevant extract.
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 09:43:32 PM »

Thanks for the post - it's nice to see a member of my favorite band helping out such a great cause.  ok beer

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 09:32:22 AM »

Axl is very into charity. Though I think he likes to keep it too himself. Wish I could do more myself.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 01:46:01 PM »

This forum has a very low threshold for humour.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 01:46:31 PM »

For unfunny "humor", yes.

Somebody posts that Axl has done something nice and immediately you have to try to add your "humor" to it.

So predictable, so fucking boring!

The same shit happened when his house almost burned down and he was part of a group who helped save his neighbor's house. Some of you had to make fun of it.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 01:51:00 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 01:49:25 PM »

very good...

Thaknz by info

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 04:32:16 PM »

im proud of axl doing so.

the one an only horsey !
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 04:49:10 PM »

good shit..I always like to see  celebrities use their name or their fame to help or aid something other than themselves...good stuff Axl..
dreamer girl
Opening Act

The Entombment of Christ by Raphael, 1508

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 05:39:32 PM »

This is nice news. Thank you for posting this, rabia.

Thank you, Jarmo, for keeping this a positive place for true GN'R fans.

There are many of us that back your positivity. A few have to manufacture misery but that's not the majority.

Mr. Rose has always seemed very honorable and loyal. It is so lovely to see a celebrity that believes in helping from the heart and doesn't feel the need to get publicity for it.

Well done, Mr. Rose.  ok

dreamer girl

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 07:17:47 PM »

Somebody posts that Axl has done something nice and immediately you have to try to add your "humor" to it.

The same shit happened when his house almost burned down and he was part of a group who helped save his neighbor's house. Some of you had to make fun of it.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

The world is full of assholes. And for some reason a lot of them claim to be gnr fans. Don't worry Jarmo, some of us respect others. They just can't stand that a so called bad boy rocker has a heart. A pretty damn good one at that.
amy

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 07:27:57 PM »

Willow, there's always ways to volunteer. Just got to be creative. Try to see if your employer has a volunteer program. For the past two years, I helped out with the summer BBQ for the Ronald McDonald House through my employer. Unfortunately, I can't do it tomorrow since I'm still coughing. They don't want any sick people helping out since the children have weak immune system.

Axl is very into charity. Though I think he likes to keep it too himself. Wish I could do more myself.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 07:28:40 PM »

/jarmo

Seriously, dude, lighten up.  Life is too short to get all butt hurt every time someone tries to have a little fun.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 07:37:18 PM »

How about you shut the fuck up.

ok

It's always the same group of fans and somehow I'm not surprised at seeing you here to defend their actions.

So how about you funny guys take your humor and shove it. That way we'll all save some of that precious time.

Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 07:40:01 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 08:42:15 PM »

Having a bad day? 

Give them and me a break.  There is absolutely nothing going on in the GnR world right now.  Nothing insulting was said.  I actually think it is cool that Axl is green.  I would love it if the tour (if there is a tour) usd biodeisel buses and trucks.  Sure I said it in a tongue n cheek way but it's not like I said something mean about your boy.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 08:44:46 PM »

Not bad at all. Thanks for caring!

Just don't get certain people's need to try to be "funny" on the Internet every time something complimentary/nice is said about Axl.

/jarmo

gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 08:50:12 PM »

Just because you don't get it doesn't mean that others, myself included, don't get it.

Sometimes when your frustrated, angery, etc. humor or attempts at humor get you through it.

I'm not necessarily defending them, I'm just trying to say lighten up.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 08:55:24 PM »

yeah have a nice night,lighten up a bit. :nervous:you are getting scary '

the one an only horsey !
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 08:58:58 PM »

Is it, perhaps, a difference btween the humor of Americans and Swedes?  Like how the French love Jerry Lewis and no one in the rest of the world does??
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 09:10:37 PM »

I don't see the fucking humor in trying to put down a person as soon as something nice is said about him/her.

That's the whole point.

The whole concept of humor has a lot to do with timing and place. The same joke isn't funny when it's in the wrong place at a wrong time. Think about it.

And horsey doesn't like it when her off topic posts get removed.

/jarmo

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: