Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 01:48:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Them Crooked Vultures
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Them Crooked Vultures  (Read 6454 times)
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« on: August 19, 2009, 03:44:16 PM »

Anyone been to the first gig or heard any of their music?

Here today...ready to rock
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 04:05:50 PM »

I've read good things but the Youtube clips (last time I checked) were of poor quality.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 04:39:48 PM »

The band has posted some audio/footage that is good, but short...

Nobody Loves Me And Neither Do I

Nobody Loves Me And Neither Do I (Studio)

http://www.youtube.com/user/themcrookedvultures#play/all/uploads-all/1/iQEOEnQlXjg

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
gunner22
Rocker

Nicko McBrain > all

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 09:44:20 PM »

I have the feeling this is going to be some really great music.

beer

I SAW THEM - Belo Horizonte, Brazil - March 10th 2010
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 09:47:32 PM »

THEM CROOKED VULTURES: Footage From Amsterdam Concert Available - Aug. 19, 2009

Fan-filmed video footage of THEM CROOKED VULTURES ? the new supergroup consisting of FOO FIGHTERS frontman Dave Grohl, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE singer/guitarist Josh Homme and LED ZEPPELIN bassist John Paul Jones ? performing the song "Dead End Friends" earlier tonight (Wednesday, August 19) at the Melkweg in Amsterdam, Holland can be viewed below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=125565

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 06:42:27 PM »

Elephants (Studio)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBckNeRMXDY

gunner22
Rocker

Nicko McBrain > all

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 11:44:26 AM »

Can't wait for the album. Smiley

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 12:22:47 PM »

THEM CROOKED VULTURES: North American Tour Dates Announced - Sep. 1, 2009

THEM CROOKED VULTURES ? the new supergroup consisting of FOO FIGHTERS frontman Dave Grohl, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE singer/guitarist Josh Homme and LED ZEPPELIN bassist John Paul Jones ? has scheduled a number of North American tour dates in October.

The dates kick off with an October 2 performance at the Austin City Limits music festival, to be preceded by a September 30 "Austin City Limits" TV taping to air at a later date (to be announced), as well as an appearance at the October 1 Austin City Limits festival pre-party.

Tickets for the headline shows go on sale Saturday, September 5 at 10 a.m. local time.

THEM CROOKED VULTURES North American tour dates:

Oct. 01 - Austin, TX - Stubb's
Oct. 02 - Austin, TX - Austin City Limits
Oct. 05 - Nashville, TN - War Memorial
Oct. 06 - Columbus, OH - LC Pavilion
Oct. 08 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore
Oct. 09 - Toronto, ON - Sound Academy
Oct. 11 - Boston, MA - House of Blues
Oct. 12 - Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory
Oct. 14 - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=126262

gunner22
Rocker

Nicko McBrain > all

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 10:34:12 PM »

Great.  Smiley

Scumbag Blues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YalghA3dGvI

---

just found this goddamn cool pic:

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 02:12:17 PM »

Amazon is currently advertising Nov. 23rd online as the UK release date for the currently untitled album, featuring John Paul Jones, Josh Homme and Dave Grohl. However, this has not yet been officially confirmed.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 02:50:26 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 01:25:50 PM »

Grohl on his birds

Foo Fighters' frontman gives us his low down on Them Crooked Vultures

29/10/2009

We've heard from the band's other heavyweights John Paul Jones and Josh Homme already this week and now Dave Grohl has told the BBC about the first moment he plugged in with Them Crooked Vultures.

The Foo Fighters' singer said from the beginning he was confident the line-up would work well together.

On bringing the Led Zeppelin bassist into the Josh Homme-Dave Grohl mix, Grohl said: "I'd hung out with John but hadn't really jammed with him, but I sort of figured that because of the type of player that he is that it would work with Josh and I.

"Within the first couple of minutes of playing, I knew it. I just knew this is going to be good. We had already found one of those moments where we were like, 'This is perfect'."

Grohl told Zane Lowe it's been "easy" for him to return to his native role as a drummer.

He began his career in the 80s as a member of various bands including Scream and went on to become sticksman for the iconic band Nirvana in 1990, before forming Foo Fighters in 1995, after the death of frontman Kurt Cobain the year before.

"I don't need to be the lead singer of a band," he said. "I am, fortunately, and I love doing it.

"But to go and sit at the drum set and be the utility guy, like 'Alright what do you need? How loud do you want it?' I just wanted to blow those guys away."

Speaking about early jamming sessions, Grohl said: "I didn't really care about how it sounded to anyone else.

"I just thought, 'Man if I can make Josh [Homme] and John Paul Jones roll their eyes and go 'Wow, what was that?' That's all I tried to do."

After its first public mention in 2005, the supergroup was kept firmly under wraps until an official website was launched with news of a Chicago gig in August 2009.

He said it's been a new experience doing the whole project behind closed doors: "We had this amazing secret that we kept from everyone for so long, then we started playing the music and to see their faces as we played these songs. It's that moment of discovery and now they are getting the album.

"It's kind of opposite of what happens these days. We were trying to protect the whole thing. We were trying to make sure that it was done right. We went to great lengths to make it as difficult as possible."

The supergroup release their debut album on 17 November.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/news/20091029_davegrohl.shtml

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 04:03:53 PM »

Just listened to the streaming album. Anyone else a little underwhelmed by this?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 09:41:48 AM »

Just listened to the streaming album. Anyone else a little underwhelmed by this?

At first, I was very underwhelmed. But I kept listening, each day. About the 3rd listen, it started to grow on me. I would read the comments on you tube which made me aware of cool parts throughout each song.

This is original stuff. It's similar to Chinese Democracy in that you can be listening to a song for the 10th time and you'll notice something you missed.

There is a lot to each song. This record just might be a classic.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 04:40:06 PM »

At first, I was very underwhelmed. But I kept listening, each day. About the 3rd listen, it started to grow on me. I would read the comments on you tube which made me aware of cool parts throughout each song.

This is original stuff. It's similar to Chinese Democracy in that you can be listening to a song for the 10th time and you'll notice something you missed.

Exact opposite for me.  I really dug it the first time and it faded on my after that.  I think I just like the closing tune enough for it to have left a really good impression on the first listen.

Anyway, it's still good and I'll give it another shot in the next couple of weeks to see if it's a winner or not.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Chief
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2009, 12:36:56 AM »

i saw the show and it was just SICK!!  MASSIVE SOUND... these guys are awesome!  digging the album so far too.. but then again i like queens of the stone age so i could see how people may not like them.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 12:36:28 PM »

Them Crooked Vultures planning second album

Dave Grohl and co want it to be louder than their debut

http://www.nme.com/news/them-crooked-vultures/48484

MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 10:37:08 PM »

Exact opposite for me.  I really dug it the first time and it faded on my after that.  I think I just like the closing tune enough for it to have left a really good impression on the first listen.

Anyway, it's still good and I'll give it another shot in the next couple of weeks to see if it's a winner or not.

Now that I've listened to the album many, many, many times, I'm somewhere in the middle. I skip about half of the songs. I'm probably gonna make a disc with about 6 songs. BUt, those 6 will remain in my rotation for awhile.

The song Gunman, though, is becoming one of my favorite songs of all time. The song just fuckin' ROCKS and has a unique groove to it. AMAZING SONG!!!

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 01:23:04 PM »

I'm on my second listen. Liking it so far!

Here today...ready to rock
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009, 01:52:52 PM »

josh homme's a douche.. but i really dig some of the songs smoking
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2009, 04:50:37 AM »

josh homme's a douche.. but i really dig some of the songs smoking

Why?  I saw QOTSA when they opened for NIN one year. It was at the Hollywood Bowl a couple years back). They were being booed a lot and people started chanting Nine Inch Nails Nine inch Nails many times during their set. People were yelling at them to get the fuck off stage and shit it was crazy. A couple about one row over starting fucking during a NIN song too. Memorable show.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: