Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 10:15:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's the latest with GNR? Are they working on a new album?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's the latest with GNR? Are they working on a new album?  (Read 38480 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2009, 02:54:36 PM »

people have all the rights to raise their voice, be it positive or negative or a combination or whatever. and off course there will always be some people who use the anonymous status in internet to bash the line-up whoever is in it the next tour or other stuff. on the other hand there also seems to be some bashing trend on this board to put down any of the fans as soon as they say something "unsupportive" when they're maybe just listing facts, even further they're put into the unserious category "misusing the term objective and positive constructism" .....for example is hostility towards fans who just dont like stable setlists really needed at all? jesus, they started with jungle since 010101!! yes, i like the song live and had fun hearing it on all the shows i've been, but it surely takes off some excitement when you know what song is going to come. and back to the topic we still dont know what the fuck is going on with Axl and his mates under the GN'R banner. for whatever reasons there are always multiple stops on the GN'R road where fans dont get any information what rock hit them again.

That's the beauty of the Internet.

Anybody can get their voice heard.

The hostility makes sense.

You have a tour, be fucking happy. Enjoy it!

Why the fuck do you need to get so hung up on something negative when you got plenty of things to be happy about?

I don't get that.

And now the same people are not exactly overjoyed because there's no shows.....

There's always something wrong and this kind of people will always look for it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2009, 03:16:01 PM »

So you can honestly sit there and say that if GNR released and promo'd CD, along with a tour and vids, that most fans would still be complaining?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #122 on: August 20, 2009, 03:23:09 PM »

Jarmo! again.....too pessimistic view of "those" fans who are fans aswell. if it doesnt go totally out of hand or too personal i dont see too much harm in talking about things which can be done better very easily, and unfortunately this has been the case within the GN'R camp frequently.

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #123 on: August 20, 2009, 03:35:19 PM »

So you can honestly sit there and say that if GNR released and promo'd CD, along with a tour and vids, that most fans would still be complaining?

No, I'm not talking about most fans.

I'm talking about some fans.

And since it's the Internet, both groups get heard.

Unfortunately it seems like the negativity is heard more because it's "cool".

Jarmo! again.....too pessimistic view of "those" fans who are fans aswell. if it doesnt go totally out of hand or too personal i dont see too much harm in talking about things which can be done better very easily, and unfortunately this has been the case within the GN'R camp frequently.

It's the impression I have after reading posts for a certain amount of years. Maybe you don't share it, and I understand that.

I just can't relate to seeing GN'R one night of the year, or one night out of all the nights in lets say a few years, and whining about it.

At the end of the day, are you gonna look back at that night and just think of how much it sucked not to be home before midnight and how it sucked because you knew they played Jungle first etc etc.?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2009, 03:53:22 PM »

These are the current songs being written for the next G&R cd entitled: The Move, The Lie and The Silver Lining.

1. Get out of my $%^&^ way
2. S.C.A.M
3. Jungle Harvard and nerds
4. Punishment
5. Lease On Life
6. The Passion of Hyacinth
7. Personal Seclusion
8. Failure to Launch
9. Yes, you are my girl
10. I told you so

beer beer rofl
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #125 on: August 20, 2009, 03:54:12 PM »

its a matter of how you do value things. as for me i dont care to wait and if i only get 2h or no sleep before the next day, thats part of rock n roll....the whole live experience is! but when i'm seeing them multiple times spending lots of cash i surely can compare the shows. doing that and seeing the stable setlists its some bigger downie on my view of live music/music artists. there are other big(ger) bands doing the exact same setlist in the same order each tour leg though but there are many other bands switching them much more aswell. and its not like GN'R doesnt have songs for switching, right? and again its EASY to lets say "upgrade" that issue, as there are several other issues aswell with this band. i even would welcome it if they'd leave out some big hits like NR or PC! but i also can see the point that Axl just doesnt care what those fans say and think about and he probably always will do his thing anyway, but still its more like otherwise: those fans do care and just would like it to be some more cool - which again would be easy to do.
i also dont rate it being too positive bashing every "unsupporting" post, something little too negative for my eyes at least.

Re-Union time, baby!!
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #126 on: August 20, 2009, 04:10:50 PM »

These are the current songs being written for the next G&R cd entitled: The Move, The Lie and The Silver Lining.

2. S.C.A.M
4. Punishment
5. Lease On Life
7. Personal Seclusion
8. Failure to Launch
9. Yes, you are my girl
10. I told you so

beer beer rofl

Isn't blatant bullshit worth a Karma point or 2??
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #127 on: August 20, 2009, 04:20:45 PM »

I don't think so. You've got to have a sense of humour in life. We're just having some harmless fun here. The fact of the matter is Axl is not going to do a tour. We might (as fans) get lucky if he releases another cd. See I know what's going on behind the scenes of the music business. The music business and certain people who will remain nameless don't want Axl to be in the media eye or perform concerts. They are afraid that he might cause the public to turn and riot.  ok
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2009, 04:35:50 PM »

I don't think so. You've got to have a sense of humour in life. We're just having some harmless fun here. The fact of the matter is Axl is not going to do a tour. We might (as fans) get lucky if he releases another cd. See I know what's going on behind the scenes of the music business. The music business and certain people who will remain nameless don't want Axl to be in the media eye or perform concerts. They are afraid that he might cause the public to turn and riot.  ok

I was just kidding.  I should have put the ever-present "LOL" after my comment.

In other news, Axl is in talks to do a Celine Dion type extended stay in Vegas at the MGM in hopes to replace Sigfreid and Roy!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #129 on: August 20, 2009, 04:43:24 PM »

2. S.C.A.M
4. Punishment
5. Lease On Life
7. Personal Seclusion
8. Failure to Launch
9. Yes, you are my girl
10. I told you so

beer beer rofl

You're so funny.

Maybe you should post your off topic posts in The Jungle along with all the other posts that have nothing to do with the topics in this section?

Tongue

its a matter of how you do value things. as for me i dont care to wait and if i only get 2h or no sleep before the next day, thats part of rock n roll....the whole live experience is! but when i'm seeing them multiple times spending lots of cash i surely can compare the shows. doing that and seeing the stable setlists its some bigger downie on my view of live music/music artists. there are other big(ger) bands doing the exact same setlist in the same order each tour leg though but there are many other bands switching them much more aswell. and its not like GN'R doesnt have songs for switching, right? and again its EASY to lets say "upgrade" that issue, as there are several other issues aswell with this band. i even would welcome it if they'd leave out some big hits like NR or PC! but i also can see the point that Axl just doesnt care what those fans say and think about and he probably always will do his thing anyway, but still its more like otherwise: those fans do care and just would like it to be some more cool - which again would be easy to do.
i also dont rate it being too positive bashing every "unsupporting" post, something little too negative for my eyes at least.

I saw two big bands live this summer (Depeche Mode and U2)  who pretty much do the same sets every night.

They still have fans going to multiple shows.....

Do you think that they would if they're so upset about getting to see the same songs played in the same order every night?

Maybe they're going for another reason altogether and it doesn't really matter what they play as long as they play?

A show is so much more than what songs are played in what order.....

/jarmo

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #130 on: August 20, 2009, 04:50:31 PM »

No, I'm not talking about most fans.

I'm talking about some fans.

And since it's the Internet, both groups get heard.

Unfortunately it seems like the negativity is heard more because it's "cool".

That small group would eventually get pushed aside by all the positivity. There will always be a small group that complains about something in life. But that doesnt stop other people from having a good time/enjoying the moment. Unless you are an ultra sensitive person/rock band/entity/etc.

If the band was out there like 99.9% of the fans thought they would be when CD FINALLY  dropped(except you of course) then the negativity that you seem to be so concerned about wouldnt even be discussed right now.

It comes down to action. The stop and go stuff should have ended a long time ago

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #131 on: August 20, 2009, 04:58:17 PM »

That small group would eventually get pushed aside by all the positivity.

And I'm just a guy trying to help with the pushing....

ok

/jarmo

SMFS
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #132 on: August 20, 2009, 05:04:27 PM »

So Jarmo ... what would you like to talk about?
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #133 on: August 20, 2009, 05:24:41 PM »

I saw two big bands live this summer (Depeche Mode and U2)  who pretty much do the same sets every night.

They still have fans going to multiple shows.....

Do you think that they would if they're so upset about getting to see the same songs played in the same order every night?

Maybe they're going for another reason altogether and it doesn't really matter what they play as long as they play?

the fans still would go as i will! its just one issue i absolutley dont like much and easily is changeable. when playing the exact same setlist in the same order every night like Maiden for example.......it got more into a factory job for the musicians to me, something Axl always has stood up against for, and something he did some better with the classic and with the illusion line-up. nevertheless i also liked every Maiden show i've seen, but thats just something i dont rate professional for such big musicians as they are.

A show is so much more than what songs are played in what order.....

/jarmo

off course! but thats an issue being very important in internet days, well, to some fans at least. and again: it leaves more excitement for bands and fans switching it some more and still is very easy to do.

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #134 on: August 20, 2009, 05:36:18 PM »

So Jarmo ... what would you like to talk about?

The F1 GP this weekend?

the fans still would go as i will! its just one issue i absolutley dont like much and easily is changeable. when playing the exact same setlist in the same order every night like Maiden for example.......it got more into a factory job for the musicians to me, something Axl always has stood up against for, and something he did some better with the classic and with the illusion line-up. nevertheless i also liked every Maiden show i've seen, but thats just something i dont rate professional for such big musicians as they are.

There's no rule that says one is better than the other alternative.

It's like the new songs on the last tours. Some were whining about there not being enough new songs. And the recent shows I've seen where bands were out touring behind their new albums, they played like 4-5 songs from that album.

Obviously some think it's too few awhile others think it's too many!

off course! but thats an issue being very important in internet days, well, to some fans at least. and again: it leaves more excitement for bands and fans switching it some more and still is very easy to do.

Once again. It's about who you are performing for? The people at the show or the ones reading about it on the Internet?

I think you just have to play for the people who are actually there. If they have a great time and the band does too, then it's all you need to ask for.

If the virtual concert goers sitting behind their keyboards and screens reading the Internet are happy too, great. If not, oh well....

/jarmo

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2009, 06:09:08 PM »

New Album ??

tHIS gUY iS cRAZY...

rofl

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #136 on: August 20, 2009, 06:14:26 PM »

no rule but still...come on, too stable setlists are just lazy. and we've been basically talking about that and not unreleased new songs vs. old songs in a show - which is an different issue.
and again this "complaint" is coming from a "multiple show goer". let me ask if the fans would have a great time even if they play some more different set or not? lets say 4-5 different songs the next show than the one before? doing that would the band suffer?

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #137 on: August 20, 2009, 06:34:28 PM »

no rule but still...come on, too stable setlists are just lazy. and we've been basically talking about that and not unreleased new songs vs. old songs in a show - which is an different issue.
and again this "complaint" is coming from a "multiple show goer". let me ask if the fans would have a great time even if they play some more different set or not? lets say 4-5 different songs the next show than the one before? doing that would the band suffer?

Let me ask you this: How many percent of the total audience at a certain show is one of those who goes to multiple shows?

Would you say it's a majority?

I don't think so, unless it's multiple shows in the same city.

As I said, it's not an easy thing to fix. You can change the whole set and then somebody else besides you would be annoyed!

/jarmo

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #138 on: August 20, 2009, 06:39:29 PM »

That's where a setlist like the one from Inglewood '91 comes in handy Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #139 on: August 20, 2009, 07:12:41 PM »

the thing with the sport comparing is.......the teams actually show up some more frequently, huh?
yeah but with music you get way more influence i mean compare the # of band fansights like HTGTH to sports fan sights their will be way more band fansights Wink

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: