Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 07:07:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's the latest with GNR? Are they working on a new album?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's the latest with GNR? Are they working on a new album?  (Read 35552 times)
SMFS
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2009, 11:57:45 AM »

Those craving new music already, are simply fans letting GN'R know how much they 'enjoyed' Chinese Democracy, how good it was, and how badly they want to hear more. That's a good thing.

Quoted for truth.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2009, 12:54:22 PM »

We had the Illusions' for 17 years before we got CD, so I suggest those craving more new music already should mix another drink.

Those craving new music already, are simply fans letting GN'R know how much they 'enjoyed' Chinese Democracy, how good it was, and how badly they want to hear more. That's a good thing.

Whether Axl understands that and cares... who knows.

I'm sure the band is aware of, and appreciates the positive fan reaction to Chinese Democracy.

However, it all defies logic for fans to be expecting a new album any minute just 9 months removed from the release of Chinese Democracy when one takes into consideration just how long it took to get that very album.

If you go to a Tool message board, you don't see fans whining for a new album. Why? Because they know it takes forever for the band to relase new music, so they've thus made the logical deduction that it's pointless to moan for something they have no reason to expect is coming anytime soon.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
SMFS
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2009, 01:00:07 PM »

We had the Illusions' for 17 years before we got CD, so I suggest those craving more new music already should mix another drink.

Whether Axl understands that and cares... who knows.

I'm sure the band is aware of, and appreciates the positive fan reaction to Chinese Democracy.

However, it all defies logic for fans to be expecting a new album any minute just 9 months removed from the release of Chinese Democracy when one takes into consideration just how long it took to get that very album.

If you go to a Tool message board, you don't see fans whining for a new album. Why? Because they know it takes forever for the band to relase new music, so they've thus made the logical deduction that it's pointless to moan for something they have no reason to expect is coming anytime soon.

Well, I don't follow Tool, so I don't know if that's a fair compariosn or not.

Question: Do the lead guitarists from Tool say things like:

"The songs on Chinese Democracy were not all of what we recorded. There's more and we expect to use it on the next albums." (Ron, Brazilian Guitar Player Magazine)

I think one of the reasons fans are clamoring for a new album is that they've been told over and over again that there is more material finished.

It's kind of a tease knowing it's just sitting there ... aging.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2009, 01:03:02 PM »

Their bassist said as far back as 3 years ago new material is already being written, yet it's still left up to the fans to use logic and common sense as to when new material can be expected.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2009, 03:43:09 PM »

Nevermind Jarmo, you tell whoever you want to stay home.

That's what is wrong with the world, everyone is so selfish.

Axl's a machine and he needs to placate the diehards!!!1111one!

Holy crap, people need lives.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2009, 05:10:08 PM »

Anyone who expects two albums in quick succession from a band who took 17 years to put out one is barking up the wrong tree.

There are other bands out there, y'know. Maybe GNR will have some more new stuff for us eventually. In the meantime...

And there goes the challenger...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2009, 06:39:17 PM »

Anyone who expects two albums in quick succession from a band who took 17 years to put out one is barking up the wrong tree.

There are other bands out there, y'know. Maybe GNR will have some more new stuff for us eventually. In the meantime...

Expect new material? Not at all. Expect anything (performance, video, promo)? Yes.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
cineater
Legend

« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2009, 06:52:36 PM »

Yes I do and I suspect the band wants to get it out to us.  I expect the normal stuff that goes along with any band that says they are in the business.  I suspect the band does too.  And I believe Axl when he says it's a fucking nightmare on his end.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2009, 03:40:49 PM »

I'd rather have the second album before they tour again.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2009, 03:50:20 PM »

Wow, what a boring time to be a fan.  Really would like to see them soon.  Would also like Robin to get back in the mix but would settle to just see them.  Don't understand the lack of promotion of the band and album.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2009, 08:24:44 PM »

at this point i dont care which they pick either their tour or a new album i just want something GN'R not to much to ask right

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2009, 08:52:53 PM »

I love Chinese Democracy. I bought 3 copies the first day it came out, downloaded it for Rockband 2, and think There Was A Time is the greatest song ever. If the band tours, I'm going to go see them. Axl also said something along the lines of a new music in one of his online interviews, "Same bat time, same bad channel " could that mean more music around this November ?

So I'll enjoy the shit of Chinese Democracy forever, if new music comes out I'll enjoy the shit out of that too.
Everyone just needs to realize that its not going to be like the past, so if you like CD you'll probably like future music. If you don't like CD, don't expect to hear another AFD.

TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2009, 09:23:51 PM »

I love Chinese Democracy. I bought 3 copies the first day it came out, downloaded it for Rockband 2, and think There Was A Time is the greatest song ever. If the band tours, I'm going to go see them. Axl also said something along the lines of a new music in one of his online interviews, "Same bat time, same bad channel " could that mean more music around this November ?

Axl also said "Better video in a couple of weeks", "You will hear music this year", "3-disc album" and numerous other fallacies and inaccuracies over the years. I wouldn't hold your breath. Being happy with what you got seems to be the order of the day.

Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2009, 10:03:49 PM »

Axl also said "Better video in a couple of weeks", "You will hear music this year", "3-disc album" and numerous other fallacies and inaccuracies over the years. I wouldn't hold your breath. Being happy with what you got seems to be the order of the day.
we just need a little Patence Wink

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
cineater
Legend

« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2009, 10:31:22 PM »

You have to die   hihi

Darn for a minute I thought they found GNR base camp:

LOS ANGELES, California (Aug. 17) - A weeklong blaze that has charred more than 84,000 acres in southern California was started by a cooking fire in a drug trafficking operation, investigators said.
The La Brea fire originated at an illegal marijuana camp believed to be run by a Mexican drug organization, the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Narcotics Unit said in a news release Saturday night.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2009, 11:40:02 PM »

Axl also said..... numerous other fallacies and inaccuracies... .

You have to die   hihi

Darn for a minute I thought they found GNR base camp:

LOS ANGELES, California (Aug. 17) - A weeklong blaze that has charred more than 84,000 acres in southern California was started by a cooking fire in a drug trafficking operation, investigators said.
The La Brea fire originated at an illegal marijuana camp believed to be run by a Mexican drug organization, the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Narcotics Unit said in a news release Saturday night.

HOW CAN YOU JOKE WHEN AXL NUMEROUSLY INACCURATELY FALLACIZED US!!!!!!!!  crying  crying  crying  Tongue

P.S.  My thoughts and prayers are with the firefighters and people whose lives and homes are in danger. 

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2009, 06:02:19 AM »

I hope you don't think I actually give a shit that Axl can't be taken at his word, because I don't. Pointing something out doesn't mean I'm bawling my eyes out over it.

It's been proven time and time again that you can't take anything for granted with GNR. Believe an album will happen when you're listening to it, believe a concert will happen when the band hits the stage.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 06:18:59 AM by TomFriend » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2009, 09:31:58 AM »

I agree with our friend there although not about taking Axl at his word.  Strange shit goes on in this business.

I can make jokes because while the rest of you are screaming nothing is going on, all signs point in the other direction.  Hopefully not straight to hell but we've been there, done that and come back every time.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2009, 09:54:59 AM »

I hope you don't think I actually give a shit that Axl can't be taken at his word, because I don't. Pointing something out doesn't mean I'm bawling my eyes out over it.

At the time I posted that, I was just making a joke ..... but now after you twisted his words and said shit like he "can't be taken at his word,"  I guess that old adage "a lot of truth is said in jest" does apply.   Wink

I believe what was actually said was that they had 3 discs worth of material to choose from ... NOT that CD was going to be 3 discs long. (if I remember correctly, Axl did specifically say that CD was going to be ONE disc after Baz made reference to it being 3).

Also, the other quote was that we "would hear NEW music this year" ... and they did, in fact, play new songs on tour.

As far as that video goes, I think Robin's sudden/unexpected departure might have thrown some kinks into that plan more so than it being one of those 'fallacies'.

It's been proven time and time again that you can't take anything for granted with GNR. Believe an album will happen when you're listening to it, believe a concert will happen when the band hits the stage.

Since I'm really enjoying listening to CD, I'd rather believe NOW in and look forward to hearing them played live on tour along with (hopefully) some material from their next album .......... if that's okay with you.  Tongue

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2009, 12:08:09 PM »

By the way, has anybody got a line on Tommy?  I'm kind of waiting for him to check in.  There's no fun without Tommy.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: