Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:54:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's the latest with GNR? Are they working on a new album?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's the latest with GNR? Are they working on a new album?  (Read 35183 times)
SMFS
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2009, 12:44:18 PM »

Of course a sold out show is nicer than one that's not.

But you can't have sold out shows without a tour. And a tour is something the band is aiming for according to those Axl interviews.

Think about it.

They got past so many obstacles in order to release the album and I'm assuming they want to tour it.

But what I don't get is that some fans are already saying "no tour, we want a new album".

I don't know how to describe what these people are saying nicely.

But to tell somebody who conquered all kinds of nightmares in order to get the album out, "please do it again right away", is just a fucking weird way of thinking in my opinion.

Oh!
I didn't know Guns N' Roses were touring!
Where can I find the tourdates?

The topic is: What's the latest with GNR? Are they working on a new album?

The answer to that is, I think there's supposed to be a Chinese Democracy tour before that album.....

For those who still go on and on about it, read this. It's pretty explanatory.

When's the next album?

Have no idea and don't care. Hopefully, we'll be working 'Chinese' for a good bit. Of course there's the same idiots that have been around forever already demanding release dates.

spinner.com Axl interview by Del James
February 27th, 2009

/jarmo

Wow!
That's really disappointing.
Axl's been talking about a double-album and a trilogy for 10 years now - what happened?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2009, 01:01:14 PM »

Wow!
That's really disappointing.
Axl's been talking about a double-album and a trilogy for 10 years now - what happened?

What happened? People took what he said and immediately switched focus to the other album instead of focusing on what we got....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2009, 02:14:56 PM »

I love how Axl says people demanded release dates.....

If he and the band didnt open their mouths every so often about the album being completed and all that needed to be done was mastering, etc then people wouldnt get there hopes up.

He mentioned several times about multiple albums and tours.

As for what GNR should do from here on out? Whatever is best for us the die hards is what they should do. Forget rock domination, Axls comeback, or the media. We are the only people who care about Axl and the band. So they should just placate us.

As long as Axl releases a few more albums before he calls it a day I dont care what happens from here on out. I prefer music over tours so I rather see another album then a tour. Any show they have penciled in the greatest city in the world Ill be pumped for. A CD set is going to be cool. Hopefully they stick with the clubs. But ultimately I rather have as many GNR albums as possible

What happened? People took what he said and immediately switched focus to the other album instead of focusing on what we got....

thats because everything regarding CD...past and present....has been botched..the general public didnt give it a chance...and the diehards love it but have been involved with it for way too long....

Timing is everything ok
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 02:20:29 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2009, 02:36:17 PM »

I love how Axl says people demanded release dates.....

If he and the band didnt open their mouths every so often about the album being completed and all that needed to be done was mastering, etc then people wouldnt get there hopes up.

Seriously.

This is what happened:

Axl says they have more than one album worth of material.

After all the shit, they get one album out.

Certain fans: But where's the next album?

Don't you fucking see how ridiculous that is?

You spent years waiting for it, dreaming about the day it would be out, speculating etc. Then when it's out, within weeks people were asking when the next one is coming out!

No wonder he used the I-word in reference to those people.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PolarBearWitchHead
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2009, 02:53:09 PM »

nothing wrong with wanting more and more and more from your artist of choice, that's called being a fan.  and a musician should want to be in demand and have someone who is eager and rabid to hear your artistic voice

would an artist rather have someone say "ok thanks for the album, i never want to hear from you again bye"
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2009, 03:03:50 PM »

Don't you fucking see how ridiculous that is?

You spent years waiting for it, dreaming about the day it would be out, speculating etc. Then when it's out, within weeks people were asking when the next one is coming out!

No wonder he used the I-word in reference to those people.
I would agree with you if this was a normal situation. But its not.

Your right, people did spend years waiting,dreaming,speculating,etc...thats the problem. It was too long. The situation turned into a buzkill because of the delays, lineup changes etc. It turned into an enough already type deal.

So while the majority are excited and grateful that is in their hands I think most are looking foward to something new because they spent the last 10+ yrs waiting, hoping, thinking, etc about CD.

He called people of the past who "demanded" release dates idiots. I think that is wrong given that he himself, and the band often speculated on possible release dates for CD.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2009, 03:22:33 PM »

nothing wrong with wanting more and more and more from your artist of choice, that's called being a fan.  and a musician should want to be in demand and have someone who is eager and rabid to hear your artistic voice

would an artist rather have someone say "ok thanks for the album, i never want to hear from you again bye"

Nice!

So if you don't ask for the next release within weeks of an album's release, you don't want another album? Those are the two options?

It's like "congratulations for winning the gold medal in the marathon at the Olympics, but what about the next Olympics?"

Your right, people did spend years waiting,dreaming,speculating,etc...thats the problem. It was too long. The situation turned into a buzkill because of the delays, lineup changes etc. It turned into an enough already type deal.

They did it to themselves and now they demand the band to fix it by going through another nightmare just to please these people.

He called people of the past who "demanded" release dates idiots. I think that is wrong given that he himself, and the band often speculated on possible release dates for CD.

Did you feel targeted?

Let's not start twisting shit around.

He called people, who demand release dates for the next album weeks after the current (anticipated) album was released, idiots.

That doesn't mean that Axl hates his fans who would love to hear whatever he has written but hasn't released at this point.

/jarmo

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2009, 03:37:16 PM »

They did it to themselves and now they demand the band to fix it by going through another nightmare just to please these people.
Yes, they did. And they had help from the band as well...

Nightmare? I never knew the fans were present when setting the budget for the album. I guess its the fans fault that Axl spent millions and millions of dollars on the album? I guess its the fans fault that the record company did everything they could tro try and coax Axl to release it?

Axls silence elevated the myth of CD. Whether it was by design or not...that is what happened. You were the biggest rock band on the planet. You go away for yrs. When its known your making a new album with a different band its going to get attention. Thats the road he CHOSE to take. With that road comes expectations. Big expectations. And the good majority of it doesnt come solely from the fans.

Axl made his bed. So its his nightmare.
Did you feel targeted?

Let's not start twisting shit around.

He called people, who demand release dates for the next album weeks after the current (anticipated) album was released, idiots.

That doesn't mean that Axl hates his fans who would love to hear whatever he has written but hasn't released at this point.
Didnt feel targeted at all.

And Im certainly not twisting anything around. Axl said the people who are "demanding" release dates for the follow up are the same idiots from the past who have been around forever. So that tells me he is implying that people demanded release dates for CD back in the day.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 03:41:09 PM by younggunner » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2009, 04:07:54 PM »

Nightmare? I never knew the fans were present when setting the budget for the album. I guess its the fans fault that Axl spent millions and millions of dollars on the album? I guess its the fans fault that the record company did everything they could tro try and coax Axl to release it?

Where do you get this shit?

The fans waited and waited. Nobody made them wait. They were even told to live their lives and stop waiting!

Then the album comes out after all the shit, and these same people are upset because there's no news on the next one!

If you manage to read English, you can read the interviews and chats Axl did where he talks about the album's release.

No, nobody said it was the fans fault it took time. But if you took time to READ those things, maybe you wouldn't be so fucking quick to start demanding other stuff.

Like I said, you don't ask an athlete that just won something big about how he/she is gonna win next time.

To me it seems weird to start asking somebody who achieved something major about the next major achievement immediately afterwards.

Axls silence elevated the myth of CD. Whether it was by design or not...that is what happened. You were the biggest rock band on the planet. You go away for yrs. When its known your making a new album with a different band its going to get attention. Thats the road he CHOSE to take. With that road comes expectations. Big expectations. And the good majority of it doesnt come solely from the fans.

And a lot of those expectations had nothing to do with why we are fans of the band in the first place: The music.

Axl made his bed. So its his nightmare.

So what?

If I know you managed to get past some huge obstacles and succeed with something in your life, I should just ask for more and ignore what I know?

Greed..... It's easy to ask for shit all the time when all you have to do is to type it out on a keyboard.

Especially when everything that has been explained and said about the history until today can be just ignored.

And Im certainly not twisting anything around. Axl said the people who are "demanding" release dates for the follow up are the same idiots from the past who have been around forever. So that tells me he is implying that people demanded release dates for CD back in the day.

How do you figure that one?

Analogy time!

You haven't' eaten in days. You're hungry and ask when you can have your dinner. You have to wait for hours and get really hungry. You ask again. Eventually you get your dinner and eat it in a hurry. Before you've even managed to finish the whole meal, you're asking about tomorrow's dinner.

So if you're called an idiot, it's implied you're an idiot for asking about your dinner before you got it?

Not fucking likely....

I'm sure he knew people wanted to hear Chinese Democracy and understood that.

But I'm not so sure he thought the ungratefulness, which is what it actually is when you just ask for more, was that cool.....

/jarmo

« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 04:15:13 PM by jarmo » Logged

SMFS
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2009, 04:33:33 PM »

He released an album of old songs!

He's been playing 4 of them live since 2001, and another 3 he's been playing live since 2006.

That's half the album. It's not that the songs "seem" old - they are old.

Many of the musicians on the album left the band years ago.

On top of that, he teased us with talk of a double album and a trilogy which never materialized.

To add insult to injury, the band-members themselves are notorious for making comments like:

"favorite Gn'R track... It's one YOU  haven't heard yet!"

-Richard Fortus (Q&A with Appetite for Discussion)

And then we're supposed to feel bad for asking for a release date?  Huh

BTW - I'm a HUGE fan of Axl Rose, Guns N' Roses and Chinese Democracy, so please don't insult my intelligence by saying that I'm not a true fan. You should see my ticket stub collection. I've seen Guns six times, and I'll be first in line to see them again if they ever tour.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2009, 05:02:43 PM »

He released an album of old songs!

He's been playing 4 of them live since 2001, and another 3 he's been playing live since 2006.

That's half the album. It's not that the songs "seem" old - they are old.

Many of the musicians on the album left the band years ago.

On top of that, he teased us with talk of a double album and a trilogy which never materialized.

To add insult to injury, the band-members themselves are notorious for making comments like:

"favorite Gn'R track... It's one YOU  haven't heard yet!"

-Richard Fortus (Q&A with Appetite for Discussion)

And then we're supposed to feel bad for asking for a release date?  Huh

BTW - I'm a HUGE fan of Axl Rose, Guns N' Roses and Chinese Democracy, so please don't insult my intelligence by saying that I'm not a true fan. You should see my ticket stub collection. I've seen Guns six times, and I'll be first in line to see them again if they ever tour.

November Rain, Don't Cry etc were all old when they were released and performed live in 1991.

Did it bother people at the shows? Hardly.

It's funny you say the new songs are old because I remember a few of you whining about them not playing enough new songs on the last tours. Now it's a bad thing that they played a few.

Can't win....

So tell me. Which one is better? A 2006-7 tour with no new songs, just old ones or the way it was? If you think the first alternative is the better choice, I can imagine you being among the first ridiculing the band for not having produced even one finished song they could've performed on those tours....

As I said, it's so easy to whine and ridicule things when you can complete disregard facts or the other alternative!

Here you are making lists of grievances (is it Festivus already?) and you don't even seem to have stopped to think what you're typing.

Many of the musicians on the album left? So? The band's history is filled with people leaving.

If Josh Freese leaving GN'R bugs you that much, I'm sorry.....

Axl can talk about the other stuff hes recorded all he wants. That doesn't mean you have to be an idiot (as Axl put it) and start demanding to hear it ASAP. Especially when you got a new album in your hands. Something you couldn't have said in 2007, 2006, 2005 or.... Well you get the idea.

/jarmo

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2009, 06:30:15 PM »

The fans waited and waited. Nobody made them wait. They were even told to live their lives and stop waiting!

Im pretty sure everyone lived their lives during the process. Nobody put their lives on hold waiting for CD to be released. Fans were able to live their lives while anxiously awaiting the release of CD. Just as they root for their sports teams, watch their favorite TV dramas, and pursue their other passions.

No, nobody said it was the fans fault it took time. But if you took time to READ those things, maybe you wouldn't be so fucking quick to start demanding other stuff.
What am I demanding?

To me it seems weird to start asking somebody who achieved something major about the next major achievement immediately afterwards.
Again, under normal circumstances I agree.
But I'm not so sure he thought the ungratefulness, which is what it actually is when you just ask for more, was that cool.....
Who is ungrateful? Everyone is happy they have CD. If the band was out there doing stuff we wouldnt even be having this discussion.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2009, 09:01:02 PM »

Im pretty sure everyone lived their lives during the process. Nobody put their lives on hold waiting for CD to be released. Fans were able to live their lives while anxiously awaiting the release of CD. Just as they root for their sports teams, watch their favorite TV dramas, and pursue their other passions.

Uh, ok.

The point was that you claim it's not the fans' fault that they anticipated the album for years and then felt the release was some kind of a let down.

I'm saying, nobody forced anybody to have those kinds of feelings.

It's the same with you assuming that quote from Axl was aimed at those who were asking when Chinese Democracy would be out.... That was all your interpretation of what he said. Not necessarily what he actually meant.

What am I demanding?

No, the idiots demanding release dates weeks after they got the album they had demanded for years.

Who is ungrateful? Everyone is happy they have CD. If the band was out there doing stuff we wouldnt even be having this discussion.

Who? The idiots?  Tongue

What do you call it when people ask for more just as they have been given something nice?

Is that the "real fans"?

We wouldn't be having this conversation? The whole thing is based on what people think the band needs to do. If the band was on tour we wouldn't have this discussion? Really? Did you miss all those who say the band shouldn't even think about going on tour without putting out that new album? And that's why there's this talk about idiots who demand release dates.....

/jarmo

« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 09:02:43 PM by jarmo » Logged

feestybaby
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2009, 09:09:04 PM »

I am so split on this, I understand the frustration but at the same time CD has so much left to give. Songs like citr and better are huge! Axl is the best frontman in the world and I can't wait to see the band live again...just hope it ain't to far off:) I say release a single and promote the shit out of it, few live performances to show the shitty bands of present some real rock n roll!!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2009, 09:15:12 PM »

I am so split on this, I understand the frustration but at the same time CD has so much left to give. Songs like citr and better are huge! Axl is the best frontman in the world and I can't wait to see the band live again...just hope it ain't to far off:) I say release a single and promote the shit out of it, few live performances to show the shitty bands of present some real rock n roll!!!

It's pretty safe to assume we all would love more GN'R songs to be released.

But, you have to be a bit realistic and think before you start demanding a new release.

We have the album. The songs are great. Many of them haven't been performed live before.

I don't understand why people feel the album doesn't deserve more attention. For example, attention that comes from a tour and playing the songs live in front of people.

It's no wonder people complain about a lack of "buzz" when they themselves are creating that lack by saying the album's dead etc.

Your (these people) idea of creating buzz is to say the album's dead and the band should stay at home?  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2009, 09:24:11 PM »

We had the Illusions' for 17 years before we got CD, so I suggest those craving more new music already should mix another drink.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
circusboy666
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2009, 09:29:13 AM »

just dont want it to be too late before its too late
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2009, 10:31:21 AM »

I don't understand why people feel the album doesn't deserve more attention. For example, attention that comes from a tour and playing the songs live in front of people.

/jarmo

I'd love it if the album got more attention. I called our local rock station (WRIF) to request Better four times this week and it was never played. One person who took the call was like "REALLY?!" and laughed a little bit. So I did some quick promo for the record and I honestly think I talked at least that guy into giving the album another chance. But they still didn't play it. I don't think I'm going to give up though. I'm gonna keep trying til I hear it at least once by my request.

But I really do think a tour would help. I've said it before, I'd love it if they did a bunch of small dates. Like play theaters in a lot of large markets. Maybe two shows in each city or something. Really create some positive buzz ala the Hammerstein dates. I drove all the way to NYC for those shows and there was tons of positive buzz in the city about GNR.

They could easily do something like that again. And I'm not saying everything boils down to record sales. I'm not saying they should do this to sell records. I'd just love for everyone else to get a chance to see what I've seen; amazing material brought to life by amazing performers.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2009, 11:23:57 AM »

It's like "congratulations for winning the gold medal in the marathon at the Olympics, but what about the next Olympics?"

but right now its more like "are you into training again and how does it work out"?

Re-Union time, baby!!
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2009, 11:54:35 AM »

We had the Illusions' for 17 years before we got CD, so I suggest those craving more new music already should mix another drink.

Those craving new music already, are simply fans letting GN'R know how much they 'enjoyed' Chinese Democracy, how good it was, and how badly they want to hear more. That's a good thing.

Whether Axl understands that and cares... who knows.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: