Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:40:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  cash for clunckers ?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: cash for clunckers ?  (Read 8958 times)
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« on: August 04, 2009, 09:38:19 PM »

whats your opinion about getting rid of the old cars and crushing them up ?
it's really stupid for the middle class family trying to make ends meet i think.noe we won't be able
to get parts or engines for cars still funtioning.what do you think ?
is it a good plan or bad ?

the one an only horsey !
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 09:54:08 PM »

watch glen beck you can learn alot from it.if you never herd of him find out about the show.

the one an only horsey !
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 10:05:06 PM »

o' come on people get with it.it's the economy know whats going on '
never herd about this yet,thats what they want you ta think.nothing and just be drouns ,,,,,

the one an only horsey !
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 11:15:24 PM »

Stupid waste of fucking money.  Even Charlie Wrangle hates it.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 11:17:49 PM »

Stupid waste of fucking money.  Even Charlie Wrangle hates it.

its true...

Thread Closed
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 11:42:53 PM »

The program sucks.

And so goes Glenn Beck.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 10:10:52 AM »

I believe junk yards would strip any salvagable parts off of said car before squishing it, especially if it were somewhat rare or antique.  How do you think they get the parts we purchase for repairs on our existing cars?  The world doesn't need to keep every junk car left on the planet, besides the metal and steel and tires all get recycled into new.

I myself would rather drive a bran new Hundai and have a hundred dollar car payment and a great warrenty then to drive a older model car, that is not dependable, and you have to call all over the country side to find a part for it when it breaks.  That is just my opinion.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 01:31:43 PM »

No one is forcing you to have your car crushed!  yes

Geez-a-lou.
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 02:06:59 PM »

No one is forcing you to have your car crushed!  yes

Geez-a-lou.
I refuse, my new Vette Tongue.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 09:33:15 PM »

i was never big on glen beck till now.

the one an only horsey !
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 12:01:49 AM »

i was never big on glen beck till now.
Huh

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 01:52:49 AM »

watch glen beck you can learn alot from it.if you never herd of him find out about the show.

What can you learn from Beck that you can't learn from the Klan website?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 03:22:47 AM »

hes not that racist but it seems that way.

the one an only horsey !
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 10:39:04 AM »

I dont understand why people hate this so much?

We give the banks hundreds of billions, and its a crime to give 3 to the tax payers, yeah ok....
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2009, 11:19:31 AM »

By KEN THOMAS, Associated Press Writer Ken Thomas, Associated Press Writer ? 52 mins ago
WASHINGTON ? It's official: Car shoppers are getting more time to trade in their clunkers for cash.

President Barack Obama signed into law Friday morning an extension of the stimulus program that proved so popular it ran out of money.

The Senate voted Thursday to triple the "cash-for-clunkers" fund to $3 billion and extend the program to Labor Day, assuming the new money lasts that long. The law gives owners $3,500 to $4,500 for trading in old cars that use a lot of gas for newer, more efficient vehicles.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

WASHINGTON (AP) ? Car shoppers caught up in the frenzy of the "cash-for-clunkers" program will have more time now and a $2 billion reason to trade in their old gas guzzlers.

The Senate voted to refill the popular car incentive program on Thursday, tripling the $1 billion fund that has led to big crowds at once deserted auto showrooms. President Barack Obama will sign the bill, extending the program into Labor Day and preventing the 2-week-old incentives from running out.

"Now more American consumers will have the chance to purchase newer, more fuel-efficient cars and the American economy will continue to get a much-needed boost," Obama said in a statement hailing the vote.

The extra money, approved by the House last week, is aimed at helping automakers and spurring the economy while removing the least fuel-efficient vehicles from the road. Last week, the government said the program was running out of money and the fund would be exhausted by Friday if it was not replenished.

Through late Tuesday, the most recent data available, more than $775 million of the original $1 billion had been spent, accounting for the sale of nearly 185,000 new vehicles. Administration officials estimate the new money will last into Labor Day and could prompt another 500,000 vehicle sales.

Dealers said the additional money would help them maintain a sales pace they haven't seen in months and continue to benefit from heavy publicity surrounding the rebates. Car dealers saw an uptick in sales in July, when Ford Motor Co. achieved its first year-over-year sales increase since November 2007.

"People are still coming in. It's like everyone out there has been given the green flag," said John Rogin, who runs a Buick dealership in Livonia, Mich.

Senate opponents of the program, most of them Republicans, question its effectiveness and cost. They contend the funding is leading the government to pick winners and losers and that many car buyers, stoked by speculation about the program last spring, simply held off buying until the incentives started in July.

"These buyers would have bought the cars anyway," said Sen. Richard Shelby, R-Ala., who opposed the plan.

Auto industry analyst Aaron Bragman of IHS Global Insight said it was unlikely that demand will remain as high as it is now. Many people who qualified have already bought cars and while the rebates are expected to boost total vehicle sales in 2009, Bragman predicted lower sales next year because many customers have already taken advantage of the incentives.

"You are not going to see a continuation of the frenzied sales pace," Bragman said. "I don't think they will use up that money any time soon."

Under the program, passenger car owners are eligible for a voucher worth $3,500 if they trade in a drivable vehicle that got a combined city/highway mileage of 18 miles per gallon or less when it was new for a new car getting at least 22 mpg. Vouchers of $4,500 are available for owners who trade in a passenger car that got 18 mpg or less combined for a model that gets at least 28 mpg. Owners of old SUVs, pickups and vans can take advantage of similar benefits. Dealers ensure the traded-in vehicles are crushed and shredded.

"The reality is this is a program that has been working," said Sen. Debbie Stabenow, D-Mich.

Automakers are planning for a boost in sales. Hyundai Motor Co. has added a day of production at its Montgomery, Ala., factory, while General Motors Co. and Ford are considering following suit.

"Consumer confidence is really what you need here," said Tom Stephens, GM's vice chairman of global product development. "It's hard for them if they don't know if they have a job or a for-sure paycheck to go out and make a major purchase, so I think this is kind of jump-starting some things."

___

AP Special Correspondent David Espo in Washington, AP Auto Writers Tom Krisher in Traverse City, Mich., and Dan Strumpf in New York and AP Business Writer Stephen Manning contributed to this

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090807/ap_on_90_co/us.cash_for_clunckers-159

Being that I did not no what Horsey was talking about here, I posted the article for the possible uninformed  ok.  Now it makes sence to me lol.

TransAmMan
Opening Act

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 06:43:56 PM »

I seen some idiot at the dealer the other day trading a 1988 Camaro Z28 with under 50,000 miles on it.  WTF was this guy thinking destroying a great car like that.  There was nothing clunker about it.

Replay the part
You stole my heart
I should have known you're crazy!!!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 08:54:58 PM »

I seen some idiot at the dealer the other day trading a 1988 Camaro Z28 with under 50,000 miles on it.  WTF was this guy thinking destroying a great car like that.  There was nothing clunker about it.

Are u sure he was doing the clunker program? That ended over a week ago...

He could have just been trading it for fair value... Although if he was looking to do clunkers, the dealer would have probably offered him $5K on the spot(if it was really worth it)
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 12:21:40 AM »

Are u sure he was doing the clunker program? That ended over a week ago...

He could have just been trading it for fair value... Although if he was looking to do clunkers, the dealer would have probably offered him $5K on the spot(if it was really worth it)
The car may have been in great shape with low miles, but that doesn't mean that it got great gas milage.  The Senate voted Thursday to triple the "cash-for-clunkers" fund to $3 billion and extend the program to Labor Day, assuming the new money lasts that long. The law gives owners $3,500 to $4,500 for trading in old cars that use a lot of gas for newer, more efficient vehicles.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 08:15:19 AM »

The car may have been in great shape with low miles, but that doesn't mean that it got great gas milage.
[/quote]

True BUT just because it gets low mileage doesn't mean its worth less than $4500....

I didn't realize they extended it though, good news!
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 12:11:41 PM »

The value of a car is determined from one of those lovely little books they use.  It's funny how it works, it doesn't matter what you have done to the car to improve it or make it look nicer, or faster, or whatever you do.  They will still determine value by book.  I wanted to trade in a 04 Yukon Denali once that I had purchased 6,500 worth of tires and chrome for, upon trade in they were only going to give me 300.00 for all four wheels and tires, and 25,000 trade in on a two year old 55,000 vehicle.  I obviously walked away.  Another example is the 87 corvette roadster convertable we have, 4+3 transmission, pretty rare for the year, only so many made.  In our hearts it is worth gold, but in all reality at a car lot they want to give me only 8000.  It is a personal insult. However if I were to sell the vehicle out rite then a person may have better luck,  not to many people are necessarily shopping for those kinds of cars, they are looking mostly for fuel efficiency or Hybrids at this point, so Trans Am, SUV and such don't really fit the criteria at this stage of the game.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 02:05:57 PM by msaxl43 » Logged

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: