Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 04:46:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash 'Scott Weiland is like George Bush to me ? I like him now that he?s gone'
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash 'Scott Weiland is like George Bush to me ? I like him now that he?s gone'  (Read 25604 times)
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2009, 12:14:28 PM »

^^^yeah, and if Axl had said nice things about Slash all the sheeple on here would be raving about Slash.
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2009, 12:21:27 PM »

I will actually give Slash a little credit here.   I think his words could have been misinterpreted.  "The obvious" could have just been that they are a bunch of big names in a band together, different musical backrounds, or their drug problems, but they reference Weiland.  Same with Libertad when he says it's not as heavy as...I think he meant Contraband but the journalist says (as I would have liked.)  I guess he was still talking shit about Scott but it was just kind of vague in doing it, which is probably why the author had to include that (Weiland) thing. 

It is still funny, though, how Slash tries to take all of the credit for the songs.  Like, "I had written a few songs before... like Slither and Fall To Pieces"  Just say that you wrote the hit songs, Slash. Don't vaguely mention the two best song and act like "oh I just happened to have those laying around."  Sure they have some good guitar work, but Scott's lyrics are just as important on those songs.  If not for him, they may not have even been as good.

It's obvious he chose Weiland for the same reason he has Fergie on his new album.  He is hoping for a hit song. 
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2009, 01:25:49 PM »

when an album comes out every band says it's the best album they ever put out, it's our heaviest effort-when the Illusion records came out Axl didn't come out and give the story about how he felt My World was not finished, about how you can hear the band dying on the records, and I understand that-Axl said he could not talk about it at the time, and was hoping things would change

libertad
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2009, 01:35:01 PM »

Lets don't lose sight. of Course Scott has a lot of the blame in this also.

I mean it is Scott's fault also and maybe more his fault than Slash's and maybe that is why Slash went to Axl's house?

Maybe he realized that "FUCK, if this is what I put Axl through all those years, I see why he acted how he did"

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2009, 01:43:19 PM »

I mean it is Scott's fault also and maybe more his fault than Slash's and maybe that is why Slash went to Axl's house?

Maybe he realized that "FUCK, if this is what I put Axl through all those years, I see why he acted how he did"

Problem is, Scott was supposedly sober at that time. And Slash was drunk and using drugs when he went to Axl. Plus he and Duff weren't getting along either.  I think he was just thinking that the risk/reward scenario with Axl looked a lot better than that with Scott.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2009, 01:45:14 PM »

Nah, Perla made him go.

Reunion = Big bucks.

I have friends like Slash, and if I could use one word to describe them, it would be "whipped."  yes
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2009, 02:57:37 PM »

I did not like the tone of this interview... its like telling the fans of a talk show that the actors never had fun doing that and made it out of an obligation.

It tastes bad.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2009, 03:05:10 PM »

Kinda like they FAKED the whole thing.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2009, 03:32:42 PM »

Kinda like they FAKED the whole thing.

agree

but I think Slash is one of those "Cool" kids

u know the one that wore Fubu back in the late 90's early 2000's and then when people came out and said "Fubu" is gay

he is one of those like "YEAH" fuck Fubu, it sucks even though the person wears it for years

Same with this

VR were amazing when they were winning grammys and kicking ass

Libertad flopped Scott went to hell and now to save face he is like "That shit sucked, i was so unhappy blah blah blah

that isn't what u said in interviews........

i don't like shit like that.

just say ok, we went in a different direction and it didn't work out.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2009, 04:15:40 PM »

Offtopic: D, that avatar thing,..... man that made me laugh!!  hihi

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2009, 04:40:06 PM »

God Forbid classic rock would want to interview a classic rock star.
God Forbid that that classic rock star would talk about what happened in his last band and what his upcoming endheavours are.

What is it that the guy needs to do?

He gets bashed for doing charity, playing with other musicians, talking about bands he was in, promoting his book.  (only by some in fairness)

I just think its really funny.

At least he seems to have moved on from Guns and didnt mention that.

Funny how the Slash hating increased ten fold after a certain interview.  hihi

your hysteria is getting tiresome. nobody has questioned slash's right to give an interview. the problem is slash's double-speak in saying "im not saying anything bad about scott" and then dumping on him in the same breath plus his continuous habit of refusing to take responsibility for his own musical products.

if he believed enough in his ideas, he would have fought for them rather than letting them get "squelched". weiland being bi-polar, addicted etc were all well known to slash and co when they chose him. slash sang praises of scott's "swagger" when they first got him but if you want a frontman with personality then he's not going to be your little whipping boy. he's going to make demands, there's going to be disagreements over musical and other choices. deal with it maturely rather than playing the victim.
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2009, 04:48:04 PM »

when an album comes out every band says it's the best album they ever put out, it's our heaviest effort-when the Illusion records came out Axl didn't come out and give the story about how he felt My World was not finished, about how you can hear the band dying on the records, and I understand that-Axl said he could not talk about it at the time, and was hoping things would change

again, there's a huge difference between keeping your band's internal fissures to yourself and continuously parading the ghost of Appetite for Destruction for personal gain which is what Slash did when he compared the chemistry during the making of Libertad to that during AFD.

axl expressed faith in UYI but nowhere did he say that the making of the album was an example to all young bands of the ideal way of how things should be done in terms of band dynamics which is what slash says in his book about Libertad.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2009, 06:23:59 PM »

Lol...I don't think Axl has ever been too shy about keeping a band's internal issues to himself-I would go back and re-read some of his interviews where he trashed Izzy for not giving an effort that was up to Axl and Slash's standards(Huh?)-even I'm not a big fan of some of the things Slash may have done (Snakepit 2000) or said, but when there was a world tour in the works in 1992 to help pay for mansions in Malibu and the like, you will put up with people years later you suddenly hate

libertad
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2009, 07:19:39 PM »

Lol...I don't think Axl has ever been too shy about keeping a band's internal issues to himself-I would go back and re-read some of his interviews where he trashed Izzy for not giving an effort that was up to Axl and Slash's standards(Huh?)-even I'm not a big fan of some of the things Slash may have done (Snakepit 2000) or said, but when there was a world tour in the works in 1992 to help pay for mansions in Malibu and the like, you will put up with people years later you suddenly hate

lol! so now you have a problem that axl was too open? you just contradicted yourself there.

izzy had left by the time axl gave the interview. plus axl was responding to the perception that existed of him having pushed izzy out- he is entitled to defend himself. he obviously didnt go into the sordid details of just how messy the band's internal dynamics had become.

slash was criticizing axl heavily and attempting to paint him as a bandwagon jumper in his 94 interview while he was STILL in the band. during the making of November Rain, slash didnt go to the camera and say young bands everywhere, take note of how the ideal band chemistry works. he barely showed up on screen and was reticent at best which would make sense considering he apparently didnt like the wedding theme etc. a far cry from the overselling he was doing in the fractious days of VR.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2009, 09:39:20 AM »

Where did I say I had a problem that Axl was too open? Let's stay on topic-if people are getting on Slash for not complaining about Scott while VR was still touring/recording, I'm saying  more often than not most bands do this-including GNR-I have no  problem with that-if GNR's internal dynamics were that bad in the early 90's, why did Axl go into new recording seesions with everyone except Gilby? Even Matt, whom everyone bashes here these days, hung around until '97, when he went in "wanting to be fired", according to Axl-I consider myself a diehard GNR and VR fan, but I honestly dont get too hung up on what any of them say-if I see VR in concert, I don't thing "well he lied on page so and so about this"-amazing
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 09:44:55 AM by Fingers » Logged

libertad
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2009, 09:46:04 AM »

why did Axl go into new recording seesions with everyone except Gilby? Even Matt, whom everyone bashes here these days, hung around until '97, when he went in "wanting to be fired"

There is a lot of things that Slash/matt get bashed for that Axl also does but lets stay on topic - people shouldnt ever speak out against Axl.  Smiley
Funny how certain fan's jumped into this thread with the bashing and when others bring up other people its a different story  Cheesy

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2009, 12:21:32 PM »

I'll say it again, there are to many in here just overanalyzing every single word that gets printed in the media, and dont get me started on the media, you all know damn well that more often than not, a journalist will be..eeh creative/or just straight out bullshiting you to sell more magazines, get more viewers/listeners/readers, so take everything with a critical mind,just ask Axl, he'll tell y'all!  ok and by the way...  I would love for this board to talk about the musicians both new and old, and not so much shit regarding their private lives/persona..  Roll Eyes

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2009, 05:10:07 PM »

Where did I say I had a problem that Axl was too open? Let's stay on topic-if people are getting on Slash for not complaining about Scott while VR was still touring/recording, I'm saying  more often than not most bands do this-including GNR-I have no  problem with that-if GNR's internal dynamics were that bad in the early 90's, why did Axl go into new recording seesions with everyone except Gilby? Even Matt, whom everyone bashes here these days, hung around until '97, when he went in "wanting to be fired", according to Axl-I consider myself a diehard GNR and VR fan, but I honestly dont get too hung up on what any of them say-if I see VR in concert, I don't thing "well he lied on page so and so about this"-amazing

then what was the point of mentioning axl's comments about izzy?

again, you continue to misrepresent what people are saying again and again. nobody here has demanded that he should have been berating scott in the press for 5 years while working with him but there's A LOT of room between putting on a good face for the media and going hyperbolic by claiming that the chemistry in your band is some kind of gold standard by comparing it to AFD type chemistry- cynicaly milking AFD for all its worth is a marketing ploy, not a necessity of being in a band. axl was working with matt etc in the studio but not going to the media simultaneously claiming that hey this is the best that things have ever been etc.

slash distanced himself from the guitar sound on Contraband saying the engineer didnt record it right. now he's distancing himself from Libertad saying his ideas were "squelched". the two songs that he attach himself to proudly are (no surprises here) the two big hits Fall to Pieces and Slither. 
there's a clear pattern here- take credit when things work, say "it wasnt me" when it doesnt sell.

also, there's no contradiction between enjoying some band's concerts and being also aware of the annoying media tricks they play. their musicianship and their media management are two separate things.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2009, 04:52:10 PM »

It's all good, it just surprises me the hatred people have for the man-he lies? So be it, he's still the best, IMO-is he milking AFD? Probably-God bless him, it's his business-if people don't like him, or what he says, maybe it's time to move on, and stop reading his interviews, don't buy his books, albums (I guess his media tricks worked on some people)-he is what he is.

libertad
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2009, 05:05:55 PM »

It's all good, it just surprises me the hatred people have for the man-he lies? So be it, he's still the best, IMO-is he milking AFD? Probably-God bless him, it's his business-if people don't like him, or what he says, maybe it's time to move on, and stop reading his interviews, don't buy his books, albums (I guess his media tricks worked on some people)-he is what he is.

once again, this constant exaggeration is entirely unnecessary. i dont see anybody here saying that they "hate" the man. this board is meant to discuss GNR, VR etc and thats precisely what people are doing. we are well within our rights to read his interviews, listen to his albums etc and then express love, annoyance, disappointment etc. being a fan doesnt require being 100% in love with everything about a musician.

and no i dont agree that cynically exploiting AFD to sell Libertad one day and then turning around and saying that the process of making Libertad was stifling is simply "his business". its annoying double-speak.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: