Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 04:48:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash 'Scott Weiland is like George Bush to me ? I like him now that he?s gone'
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash 'Scott Weiland is like George Bush to me ? I like him now that he?s gone'  (Read 25618 times)
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2009, 11:19:39 PM »

he still says Libertad is a good record, remember

libertad
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2009, 12:15:25 AM »

"Tells it like it is" and Slash doesn't mix.

"Tells it the way it fits his current agenda" is more like it.  ok

I have to agree with jarmo here, its obvious that slash changes his stories pretty freakin' often. Like any good veteran celebrity, he's an amazing spinster and fast talker...

So if want to try and extract OBJECTIVE truth from what he says, we must analyse his spinster motivations
I.E  -  when he's making an album, he is motivated to create a hype, so taking his word for it that the solo album will definetly be "awesome" and "really fucking cool" is probably stupid.

Just like when talking about VR and 2005, his motivations are to appear like a with-it, happening and exciting new thing  -  "yeah its all going really well, we're working together, and we produced a great fucking new album"

So now, reading this interview, what are his motivations - not TOO many. Look focused and with it, make VR still look like a viable project and as always, make himself look good. So, I think we can probably believe that there were always problems and tensions in the band - slash doesn't really have a motivation to lie about this now... we probably can't believe that it was all scott who had a "problem working with other people"...

So instead of bickering about slash being consistent or inconsistent - he's obviously inconsistent at times, especially when he has different motivations. But why HATE him for this, or rip on him for this??? Just accept that he's a media god and a great fucking guitarist...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2009, 01:04:45 AM »

I am hating on him for this but he is still my favorite guitar player ever and i still love the guy and his music.

but like I said, I call shit like I see it.

and Slash is full of shit on this one.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2009, 02:29:37 AM »

So towards the end I had written a bunch of music and there were a lot of restrictions because of him writing in Velvet and a lot of stuff that I wanted to do was just sort of squelched.

This is an important sentence that most people seem to have missed. 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2009, 02:45:37 AM »

Maybe if Slash had a backbone his ideas wouldn't have been squelched.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2009, 03:15:53 AM »

Or maybe cos others couldn't/wouldn't work on them!  ok

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2009, 03:17:25 AM »

Or maybe cos others couldn't/wouldn't work on them!  ok

Well, that's his fault for choosing to collaborate with musicians unwilling to accomodate and embrace his ideas ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2009, 04:02:14 AM »

Well thats why they got rid of him and why he is saying they got rid of him!

rabia
Rocker

« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2009, 04:17:54 AM »

Well thats why they got rid of him and why he is saying they got rid of him!

not really. Slash's press release announcing scott's departure mentioned his "erratic behaviour" and "personal problems". never any musical differences.

one would imagine that after complaining that his guitars werent recorded right for Contraband slash would have ensured that things were done right for Libertad.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2009, 04:25:28 AM »

You reap what you sow.

Unless Slash fell off the turnip truck yesterday, he should have been previously aware of Scott's problematic nature, so collaborative difficulties inevitably arising shouldn't have been much of a surprise.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2009, 04:36:15 AM »

don't think anyone likes working with scott.  Even Robert De Leo hinted that they only reunited for money lol

Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2009, 07:44:49 AM »

I find it hard to believe anyone in a position such as slash would sit around in a band he was miserable in for 5 years. It was obviously good to begin with then deteriorated, as these things do. This is just Slash trying to save some face for what seems to be no reason.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2009, 08:21:47 AM »

If Slash had said this from day one it would have been fine, because we all knew Scott had many issues, couldn't sing that great, and was a liability live.  I never really liked Scott in VR.  I like many STP songs, but they settled for his ass and tried to tell us he was "the one" when we all knew they could do better, then he tells them their songs suck.....  The time to be pissed was then, but, they wanted a band so bad they just put up with it.... To talk shit now is lame, however there is probably some truth to what Slash says about always resenting him, etc....  Slither and FTP are two of VR's best songs, and those are Slash songs....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2009, 08:37:56 AM »

So towards the end I had written a bunch of music and there were a lot of restrictions because of him writing in Velvet and a lot of stuff that I wanted to do was just sort of squelched.

This is an important sentence that most people seem to have missed. 

Pretty much the same thing he said about the Snakepit1 stuff.

He just says he didn't get to work on the material. He doesn't say why, how, when or anything else.

Just like with his past band, he leaves out vital information. There's probably a lot more to that comment than he wants you to know.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2009, 08:40:17 AM »

I personally think Scott is great and to be honest everybodys input to a track is what makes it great, not just who came up with the intial idea. I just think this is a case of something to say being blown up to something worth discussing cos we got fuck all else to talk about hihi
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2009, 09:09:56 AM »

I just think this is a case of something to say being blown up to something worth discussing cos we got fuck all else to talk about

Yeah i agree!  No solo album til the new year, no VR singer, nothing happening in GNR so lets take this standard interview and over analize every sentence.  Smiley

He doesn't say why, how, when or anything else.

Because of Scott's restriction's.  Slash knows now that Scott was a bad choice, he was always more Duff's guy.
Maybe 3rd time lucky though!  
I hope they take their time and get a good guy in.  They deserve to have a singer that they can write/record/tour and get along with.

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2009, 09:44:23 AM »

When a band goes in to make an album, everyone brings in ideas, I'm sure a lot of them get turned down-he's not making any big revelation here, I'm not sure what the big deal is

libertad
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2009, 10:16:59 AM »

When a band goes in to make an album, everyone brings in ideas, I'm sure a lot of them get turned down-he's not making any big revelation here, I'm not sure what the big deal is

there is no big deal, some people here have to much spare time in here, thats why this shit is discussed...
All of you have to realize one thing: The personal life, and their private emotions between eachothers in a band is really non of our business, we all look like fools for spending so much energy discussing shit like this.
Some times this board is so boring and its history repeats all the time..  Slash is a musician, thats why we have heard about him, lets discuss music, and stuff like that. Remember a message that most big artists have tried to tell all their fans during the times: Dont belive all the bullshit you hear from the media!! Judge them by their albums, their performances on concerts, and fuck the rest!  ok

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2009, 10:45:08 AM »

If Slash had said this from day one it would have been fine, because we all knew Scott had many issues, couldn't sing that great, and was a liability live.  I never really liked Scott in VR.  I like many STP songs, but they settled for his ass and tried to tell us he was "the one" when we all knew they could do better, then he tells them their songs suck.....  The time to be pissed was then, but, they wanted a band so bad they just put up with it.... To talk shit now is lame, however there is probably some truth to what Slash says about always resenting him, etc....  Slither and FTP are two of VR's best songs, and those are Slash songs....

Slash couldn't have said this from day one because at that time VR was working on an album and putting a tour together. Slash and co had to be cooperative and get along. Besides, at the beginning of VR Scott was probably on his best behavior and everything was ok. By Scott's own admission he's bi-polar and doesn't take his meds. Who could deal with someone like that for very long? I don't blame VR for taking more time this time around to find a singer. Oh and another thing, Slash has recently admitted that they need to take more time in finding a singer this time around because being too anxious to find a singer before is how they got Scott.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2009, 11:49:11 AM »

God Forbid classic rock would want to interview a classic rock star.
God Forbid that that classic rock star would talk about what happened in his last band and what his upcoming endheavours are.

What is it that the guy needs to do?

He gets bashed for doing charity, playing with other musicians, talking about bands he was in, promoting his book.  (only by some in fairness)

I just think its really funny.

At least he seems to have moved on from Guns and didnt mention that.

Funny how the Slash hating increased ten fold after a certain interview.  hihi

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: