Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 06:19:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash 'Scott Weiland is like George Bush to me ? I like him now that he?s gone'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash 'Scott Weiland is like George Bush to me ? I like him now that he?s gone'  (Read 25653 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2009, 10:28:01 PM »

D?j? vu!

/jarmo

I agree, shit like this makes my GNR breakup needle tilt a little more in Slash's direction........

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 02:28:44 AM »

Well Some of you guys are ridiculously hypocritical!  You all complain that Slash "knows how to handle the media" and then after this interview your all like "oh what a lying asshole".

Where you all there? 

Maybe the chemistry on Libertad was awesome?  Maybe it was inspiring?  The guy says that it is a good album but just that it wasnt heavy enough.  It was clear that these guys had problems with Scott so why keep him in the band? Its clear that after libertad failed they all stopped caring.  Scott being the first to run back to his old band. 

Its also funny to see the Axl fanboys posting about a band they don't even like!  rofl

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2009, 06:28:02 AM »

Its also funny to see the Axl fanboys posting about a band they don't even like!  rofl

i dont see why comments like this are necessary.

this isn't a slash site.  this isn't a vr site.   This is for GnR fans and we are free to comment on whatever the fuck we want. 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 07:30:26 AM »

Well Some of you guys are ridiculously hypocritical!  You all complain that Slash "knows how to handle the media" and then after this interview your all like "oh what a lying asshole".

Where you all there? 

Maybe the chemistry on Libertad was awesome?  Maybe it was inspiring?  The guy says that it is a good album but just that it wasnt heavy enough.  It was clear that these guys had problems with Scott so why keep him in the band? Its clear that after libertad failed they all stopped caring.  Scott being the first to run back to his old band. 

That's all well and good.  My only point is bashing Scott at this point seems a little over the top.  He's using him as the scapegoat for why things went south for VR and why the record failed.  I have a hard time believing that ALL the blame should be placed on ONE person.  I haven't heard the other guys bash Scott quite as much as Slash.  Some things are better off left unsaid.  Lots of people, recently childhood friend of Slash's Marc Canter, have said that Slash didn't push himself enough on Libertad.  But Slash doesn't see it that way, it's easier just to blame Scott.

Slash WAS excited about the record, and still believes it was "good", but since it didn't do well he's looking for someone to blame.  Easy enough to pick the guy who is no longer in the band.  I still believe if the record was hugely successful that Scott would still be in the band and Slash would still be saying how great things are and how they're writing some killer stuff.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 07:49:05 AM »

this isn't a slash site.  this isn't a vr site.   This is for GnR fans and we are free to comment on whatever the fuck we want. 

What are you doing reading this thread if you don't like VR?  cos id seriously like to know why you waste your time if you hate them so much.

That's all well and good.  My only point is bashing Scott at this point seems a little over the top.  He's using him as the scapegoat for why things went south for VR and why the record failed.  I have a hard time believing that ALL the blame should be placed on ONE person.  I haven't heard the other guys bash Scott quite as much as Slash.  Some things are better off left unsaid.  Lots of people, recently childhood friend of Slash's Marc Canter, have said that Slash didn't push himself enough on Libertad.  But Slash doesn't see it that way, it's easier just to blame Scott.

Slash WAS excited about the record, and still believes it was "good", but since it didn't do well he's looking for someone to blame.  Easy enough to pick the guy who is no longer in the band.  I still believe if the record was hugely successful that Scott would still be in the band and Slash would still be saying how great things are and how they're writing some killer stuff.

A lot of Slash's comments do add up though.  Contraband was cool and heavy.  They had most of that material written pre scott.  (probably not lyrics).  But they really did make compromises and the second album was just too easy listening.  Personally, im glad they're rid of Scott.  I don't think Slash is really blaming him either, just pointing out that they made compromises which makes sense to me from the way the music went.

He's not the only person in the world that has pointed the finger for an under performing album.

Take off the white wigs

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2009, 07:56:24 AM »

Well Scott could never win in VR because it was always 3 against 1 (with Dave being neutral) even though he was the frontman.  Really it was destined to fail and I hope when they get a new singer they all get along a little better.  And I agree that Libertad was more Scott influenced, but they seemed to be in favor of that at the time, UNTIL it didn't sell well.  If they didn't like what was going on while recording the record, they easily could've made the necessary changes since they had the 3 to 1 advantage.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2009, 08:13:58 AM »

I got the impression that they were all fed up with each other at the time they were making the record, and so it wouldn't have been 3 against 1.  It seemed more like 5 people doing the absolute minimum they needed to do to get a record out there.  It's just that Scott was the only one they couldn't seem to reconcile with.  Although I do agree with some of the analysis... not all of it.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2009, 08:38:41 AM »

this isn't a slash site.  this isn't a vr site.   This is for GnR fans and we are free to comment on whatever the fuck we want. 

Speak of the devil, the ultimate fanboy makes an appearance.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2009, 08:43:41 AM »

Well Scott could never win in VR because it was always 3 against 1 (with Dave being neutral) even though he was the frontman.  Really it was destined to fail and I hope when they get a new singer they all get along a little better.  And I agree that Libertad was more Scott influenced, but they seemed to be in favor of that at the time, UNTIL it didn't sell well.  If they didn't like what was going on while recording the record, they easily could've made the necessary changes since they had the 3 to 1 advantage.

I agree that VR were always destined to fail.  I think that this interview proves that they never really got along.  In that situation, all is good when your successful but once all the success ended they couldnt have been bothered with each other.  Scott was already plotting his return to STP.  So i do agree with you to an extent.

But, i think that the 3 of them really didnt wanna be part of another big band breaking up due to issues with the singer.  And I dont mean just the singers issues but the whole musician/singer relationship. Unfortunately, that is what happened.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2009, 08:46:18 AM »

Speak of the devil, the ultimate fanboy makes an appearance.

He must be a secret Slash worshipper!   rofl

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2009, 08:54:29 AM »

Aren't you posting in the GN'R section with your Slash avatar?

Hypocrite.

Obviously for you Slash fans it's more convenient to talk about Axl's fans than to talk about the issue.

Your hero has once again changed his story.

The band experience sucked for some in that band. It wasn't "the gang" they all wanted you (their fans) to believe.

It's all Scott's fault. They chose him to be in the band and yet it's all his fault. They knew his history, it was actually being written as he joined the band.

It seems like there's been something wrong with both VR album recording sessions if you believe Slash.

I guess it costs money to get what you want. It's better to save money on the art....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 08:59:42 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2009, 09:41:04 AM »

Aren't you posting in the GN'R section with your Slash avatar?

Hypocrite.

Cos God forbid you can like Slash and be a fan of GNR  confused

Obviously for you Slash fans it's more convenient to talk about Axl's fans than to talk about the issue.

If he is trolling and adding nothing to the thread, of course we will call him out for his secret Slash obsession.
And in Axl's last interview, apparently he found it "more convenient" to talk about Slash than his new band/album.

Your hero has once again changed his story.

If you're reffering to Slash, i don't see how he "changed his story".  He just said the lastest album was mellower than anyone would have liked.

It seems like there's been something wrong with both VR album recording sessions if you believe Slash.

Maybe he hasn't been totally happy with the recordings?  its not like your lil hero doesnt point the finger of blame!
Slash wanted to take over Guns.  He is a cancer.  The record label failed with A, B, C and wouldnt give me a marketing plan.   

Sounds like pointing the finger to others to me!

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2009, 09:55:07 AM »

Does anybody know of anyone who says, "this guy who's in my band is a complete nightmare, it's not fun, and I don't think we're working at our best", during an interview, even when there are obvious troubles in the band?  It just doesn't happen... mainly because making things public is not going to help matters.  Keeping private matters private is just common sense.  When it became obvious that things weren't ever going to get any better - ie: when they fired him - he was free to say these things.  Of course, I personally still have issues with the man airing his dirty laundry out in public... and did back in April 2008 when Slash and Matt were both holding "exclusive" interviews in order to talk about nothing but how much of an asshole Scott is.  Character assassination does seem to be Slash and Matt's primary way of dealing with it when they fall out with bandmates... but I can understand why he wasn't saying whilst Scott was still in the band.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2009, 10:04:48 AM »

Does anybody know of anyone who says, "this guy who's in my band is a complete nightmare, it's not fun, and I don't think we're working at our best", during an interview, even when there are obvious troubles in the band?  It just doesn't happen... mainly because making things public is not going to help matters.  Keeping private matters private is just common sense.  When it became obvious that things weren't ever going to get any better - ie: when they fired him - he was free to say these things.  Of course, I personally still have issues with the man airing his dirty laundry out in public... and did back in April 2008 when Slash and Matt were both holding "exclusive" interviews in order to talk about nothing but how much of an asshole Scott is.  Character assassination does seem to be Slash and Matt's primary way of dealing with it when they fall out with bandmates... but I can understand why he wasn't saying whilst Scott was still in the band.

i agree with you.  I dont think the guys wanted to have another big band fall apart because of the relationship with the singer.  And obviously they werent gonna go public and say it while the band was together.  Once that was done by Matt, the band was dead.  After they broke up with Scott i seen clips of STP performances were scott looked out of it so im happy they put that behind them. 

Didnt scotts wife also leave him during this period because of what he was going through.

And he started going on stage late towards the end of VR which them guys will NOT put up with again.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2009, 10:30:47 AM »

It's the same shit year after year.

Every band he's been in. It's "it was impossible/horrible".

Even his "fun" band Snakepit2!

When will people realize it can't be a coincidence that the guy says the similar things about his former band mates?

Every band is always "things are great, we work so well together. It's a democracy!" until he quits or somebody else quits, then it's "it was a nightmare!".

He can play the part of the laid back guitar player all he wants and some of you obviously buy that, but he does want to be in control.

Cos God forbid you can like Slash and be a fan of GNR  confused

And Jim Bob can't be a GN'R fan who finds Slash's comments humorous because he's seen them somewhere before?

on.
And in Axl's last interview, apparently he found it "more convenient" to talk about Slash than his new band/album.

Poor you. He said what had to be said because some of you won't get it.

on.
If you're reffering to Slash, i don't see how he "changed his story".  He just said the lastest album was mellower than anyone would have liked.

Turns out Scott wasn't as great as they told you! Or maybe they don't want to take any blame for the meltdown. After all, if four guys agree, it must be the fifth guy's fault!

Turns out the album wasn't like he originally claimed....

on.
Maybe he hasn't been totally happy with the recordings?  its not like your lil hero doesnt point the finger of blame!
Slash wanted to take over Guns.  He is a cancer.  The record label failed with A, B, C and wouldnt give me a marketing plan.  

Sounds like pointing the finger to others to me!

Nice try.

Slash is the topic.

The same guy who wanted to save money on studio costs so he got a cheaper one to record his guitar parts for Contraband. Then complains about how he didn't get the sounds he wanted in his book.

Don't fool yourself. These guys picked Scott. Everything was great as long as they were making money and got attention.

Then when the interest decreased, Scott was the problem.

Most of them had addiction problems but only Scott's was a problem? The same problems that weren't a problem when he joined the band because they were all there for him?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2009, 10:36:39 AM »

I don't think I ever said that I believed Slash in my post.  Or even that, I like that he said it... in fact, I think I pretty much made it clear that I didn't, especially when I said, "Character assassination does seem to be Slash and Matt's primary way of dealing with it when they fall out with bandmates".

Was just saying that there's a very good reason why he acted like everything was fine to begin with... and it's the same reason as every other musician who act as if everything is fine in their band when it clearly isn't.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2009, 11:01:27 AM »

Sorry, my post wasn't aimed at you personally.

Was just saying that there's a very good reason why he acted like everything was fine to begin with... and it's the same reason as every other musician who act as if everything is fine in their band when it clearly isn't.

Of course. As long as you're making money and people notice you, you can put up with somebody overrated like Weiland.

/jarmo

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2009, 11:08:59 AM »

Most of them had addiction problems but only Scott's was a problem?

Oh please, there is a difference between pain killers and heroine!  Didn't you hear!

When will people realize it can't be a coincidence that the guy says the similar things about his former band mates?

When he said that about Guns he was reffering to the later stages when his and Axl's relationship broke down.  He never said the whole thing was hell.  Even though they had to put up with a front man who couldnt make it onstage on time. 

Nice try.

Slash is the topic.

HAHA!  Are you offended cos im right?

Didnt Axl  try and point the finger for CD flopping?

The record label, Slash wanted to take over Guns, Izzy didnt care! the leaks!

Your a hypocrite for talking about slash when Axl has blamed more people than anyone else!

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2009, 11:40:31 AM »

Oh please, there is a difference between pain killers and heroine!  Didn't you hear!

OxyContin is similar to heroin.

Just because you don't shoot up doesn't make it less of a drug.

HAHA!  Are you offended cos im right?

Offended? I'm only offended by your obvious stupidity of trying to bring Axl into this conversation even after you were told not to.

This has nothing to do with Axl.

You troll!  rofl

Your a hypocrite for talking about slash when Axl has blamed more people than anyone else!

Get over yourself.

If you don't want to talk about Slash, then feel free to go look up some other thread.

That goes for all of you Axl haters who feel uncomfortable enough to talk about Slash in a thread that once again proves that he's not the guy you think he is.

I don't have any problems warning more people if you want to keep this shit up.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 11:43:00 AM by jarmo » Logged

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2009, 11:42:32 AM »

Bring on 10 years of Slash bitching about Weiland, followed by Slash hiring Pete Doherty as the new VR frontman, and then repeat..

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: