Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 10:36:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228490 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Chinese Democracy Leaker Bummed By Slash
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Leaker Bummed By Slash  (Read 2145 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: July 15, 2009, 05:22:23 PM »

Chinese Democracy Leaker Bummed By Slash

Posted 21 minutes ago by Kyle Anderson in music

Last year, Kevin "Skwerl" Cogill came across a few tracks from Guns N' Roses decade-in-development album Chinese Democracy. He posted them on the music site he helps write and design. The post was quickly scrubbed, but the damage had been done: Cogill had angered the wrong people, and a few months later he found himself being shaken awake by the FBI so he could be arrested for piracy.

Yesterday, his legal woes finally ended, as he was sentenced to a year of probation (including two months of modified house arrest). Throughout the fiasco (and the subsequent release of Chinese Democracy), Axl Rose never weighed in on Cogill, but amazingly, Slash (who does not play on the album and by all accounts does not get along with Rose) did voice his opinion. That bothered Cogill. "An old friend of mine conducted the interview with him last year in which he called me a thief and wished that I 'rot in jail.' I found that surprisingly crass, considering the guy has made no bones about shoplifting cassette tapes with the same rationale as today's downloaders," he said. "But then he took it even further, stealing things he didn't even need, just because he could. For example, the top hat. So if he wants to see me in jail, I'll see him in the cafeteria."

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2009/07/15/chinese-democracy-leaker-bummed-by-slash/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 05:29:00 PM »

Slash pwned by Skwerl.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 05:30:43 PM »

Last year, Kevin "Skwerl" Cogill came across a few tracks from Guns N' Roses decade-in-development album Chinese Democracy. He posted them on the music site he helps write and design. The post was quickly scrubbed, but the damage had been done: Cogill had angered the wrong people, and a few months later he found himself being shaken awake by the FBI so he could be arrested for piracy.

Yesterday, his legal woes finally ended, as he was sentenced to a year of probation (including two months of modified house arrest). Throughout the fiasco (and the subsequent release of Chinese Democracy), Axl Rose never weighed in on Cogill, but amazingly, Slash (who does not play on the album and by all accounts does not get along with Rose) did voice his opinion. That bothered Cogill. "An old friend of mine conducted the interview with him last year in which he called me a thief and wished that I 'rot in jail.' I found that surprisingly crass, considering the guy has made no bones about shoplifting cassette tapes with the same rationale as today's downloaders," he said. "But then he took it even further, stealing things he didn't even need, just because he could. For example, the top hat. So if he wants to see me in jail, I'll see him in the cafeteria."

Thats an example that Slash dose care about Axl and that when you fuck with Axl you fuck with him this isnt any different then the time when Scot W. former VR singer was saying shit about Axl Slash told him off just the same!!!

O and by the way that guy isnt epic at all so he couldnt get away with shit!!!!!

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Rage in the Cage
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 05:54:05 PM »

Thats an example that Slash dose care about Axl and that when you fuck with Axl you fuck with him this isnt any different then the time when Scot W. former VR singer was saying shit about Axl Slash told him off just the same!!!

O and by the way that guy isnt epic at all so he couldnt get away with shit!!!!!

I think it has more to do with how Slash feels as a musician himself than about sticking up for Axl.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 05:58:24 PM »

I think it has more to do with how Slash feels as a musician himself than about sticking up for Axl.
How so just sticking out for all other musicans no I dont think so becouse I bet there are a million more like this guy and Slash chose to say it to him but hell thats just me.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 06:05:28 PM »

I hate that Skwerl dude

getting some 15 minutes of fame off someone elses talent.

and then gonna act like some sort of Martyr on top it.

Wish he'd got put in "oz" and adibese was his cell mate.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: